Apparently me speed reading has led to some mistakes whilst putting together the Command Mission/X Collection sections, so my apologies Metalman! Hopefully everything should now be in the correct sections.
Added this update:
Classic Series Wily Wars
The logo. Not sure how this of all things got missed. (me)
X Series X Collection
* Menus and other stuff added. (Thanks Metalman!)
Project X Zone
* "Cutting in!" Portraits added. (Thanks Dazz!)
* Most sections re-organised... again. Everything "should" be in their correct places.
* More menus added. (Thanks Metalman!)
Zero Series Zero Collection:
* Menus from the Zero Collection re-uploaded. At this point I cannot remember who originally ripped them, sorry! Feel free to correct me in the comments.
As an aside... I am actually finding these comments in the news posts very helpful. Keep it up guys!
Classic Series Megaman 7
* Game Genie codes added to the Cheats section. These are compiled from a bunch of lists online, and some I even made myself by pure accident. A cheat file for ZSNES has also been added for the game. (Thanks DarkSerge, zazer, rstalcup, gedowski & me)
Battle and Chase
* The things that I said were updated last update have actually been uploaded this time. Whoops.
The Cheats section, or at least what little survived of it from back in the Planet Mega Man days, is now up and running in the Media room. So far only GBA games are up, and not all of them are "complete" as such. Feel free to submit any savestates, cheat files, or codes to us and I'll include them in the section.
* Codebreaker codes added for the Japanese version of Megaman and Bass on the GBA.
* Wily Tower savestates added for Wily Wars (both versions) (me)
* Savestates added for Megaman (Game Gear) (me)
* Codebreaker codes added for Zero, Zero 2, and Zero 3.
* VBA cheat files added for Zero, Zero 2, and Zero 3.
Battle Network Series
* Codebreaker codes added for Battle Network, Battle Network 2, both versions of Battle Network 3, and Battle Chip Challenge.
* Savestates added for Battle Network, Battle Network 2, both versions of Battle Network 3, Battle Network 4 Red Sun, Team Colonel and Team Protoman, Cybeast Falzar and Cybeast Gregar, and finally Battle Chip Challenge.
More to come. I'll look into getting the classic series ones myself.
Unfortunately, the person who originally sent in many of these savestates has been lost in the mists of time... and several server wipes. To this anonymous donor, we salute you!
Over the coming weeks, the new look of the site will be rolling in. I'm hoping the new layout is more convenient for you guys. Some pages have already been converted, and to get a rough idea of what the look of the main pages will be, feel free to check out the unfinished Zero series page here.
This should give you a good idea as to what we're going for. Any opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated at this early stage.
The following has been added/changed to the archive.
Mega Man 3
* Fortress Bosses Re-Ripped. (me) This adds missing frames from the Yellow Devil, Kamegoro Maker and a rip of Holograph Megaman. Breakman has also been added to the sheet.
* Missing frames for Big Snakey have been added.
* Both tile ripped and screen ripped Sub-Bosses compiled into a single sheet.
* Additionally, any Game Objects, Sub-Bosses, or otherwise on the enemy sheet that shouldn't have been there have been removed and put in their appropriate places.
Battle & Chase
* Door shutters added.
* Map icons added.
* Additional Mugshots from the Japanese version added. (Thanks Metal-Man!)
X Series: Command Mission
* Textures added for most bosses/characters.
* Menu items added.
* Most of the artwork added. Some could not be saved from the forum collapse, so if you still have them around Metal Man, that'd be useful.
* Artwork added. (Thanks Metal-Man for the above!)
Zero Series: Copy X
* A few re-rips for some frames and sheet re-organized to be more useful.
New podcast coming in the next couple of days.
For those wondering on the release schedule for these things, they are pretty much "When I get time to edit them together" as these a good chunk out of my day to edit.
Since this one was both short, and only one person, it didn't take too long.
For those interested in joining one of these discussions, just PM or IM me times you are available, and a topic you'd want to discuss, and I can see if I can get some peace and quiet to record with.
A glitch/problem that occured when I exported the podcasts meant, ironically enough, that our podcast player (as well as other audio software) had problems playing them, as not all the information for the Mp3's got saved correctly.
After bashing my head against the wall with Audacity, the files have been re-uploaded and they now work fine in the podcast player. (.. and other audio software that I've tested.)
Unfortunately, this does mean the file-size will be a bit larger from here on out for the Podcasts.
If you run into any other problems with the Program, let me know.
Dazz of Spriters Resource has very graciously let us use his rips from Project X Zone. Yes, that is a 3ds game, and no, I have no idea how he managed it.
Still this is pretty awesome!
For now you can find most of the PxZ sprites in the X section.
Mega Man X
* Project X Zone Sprites Added
* Project X Zone Sprites Added
* Project X Zone Sprites Added
Project X Zone (3ds)
* Enemies and Bosses from the Mega Man series added.
* NPC's from the Mega Man series added.
* Various pieces of artwork have been added to the Misc section.
* Project X Zone Sprites Added
Yet again, big thanks to Dazz for letting us have these! Cheers!
In other news, there will be another podcast released either tomorrow or Friday. Look forward to that, it is shorter than the previous one.
Anyone else listen to Podcasts? Are you like me, also sick of losing your places thanks to playing the files via WinAMP or somesuch?
And are you sick of dedicated programs to listening to Podcasts coming bundled with all that ad-ware crap most free-ware stuff likes to bundle itself with now-a-days?
Well, here is a simple solution to that problem:
This program does exactly one thing and one thing only: It loads Mp3s (or OGGs) - and keeps track of the position of that file when closed down. Reload the Mp3 later and pick up your podcast where you left off!
That is it, and that is all the program does. It's all it needs to do.
I was pretty amazed by the sheer lack of the existence of such a program (or at least one that wasn't bundled with crap up the wazoo), so here, have one on me: Get it here. (700kb)
Happy listening! I'll add this to the games page when I eventually get round to fixing that section.
Current release supports .mp3s, .ogg and .aif file-types.
Also if you have any free time, please add to the thread listed below, as we definitely want to start out official INC videos with a bang, and your input is greatly appreciated.
Hey, we got the download listed on C.Net, so reviews on the program would be appreciated! C.Net Link
Greetings all. I'm posting this on behalf of ACE who will better communicate his intentions hopefully later on. As a prelude to the forthcoming Inc Reviews where members review fanmade games and whatnots, ACE would like to have a video series where we go over...and i quote,
Quote:Most Absurdly Difficult, Irritating, or Worst Mega Man Bosses
Please feel free to contribute your own thoughts regarding bosses. and if someone you know to fit this description has already been mentioned...mention it again! ACE is keeping a running tally of how many times certain bosses are called out for their annoyance *cough*King Jet*cough*.
A couple of sorely missing sheets have been added to the archive. Still working on getting Xover sorted, but my OCC is making sorting those out a bit of a nightmare.
Still, anyway, updates:
Unless otherwise noted, rips are by me.
Megaman Space Rescue and Megaman 3 Mobile sprites added.
Dr Light & Rush:
* Megaman 9 & 10 sprites updated and added.
Mega Man 4 (NES)
* Additional frames added for Gyotot (fish) enemies. (Thanks N-Mario!)
* Additionally, game objects have been shifted off the enemy sheet, and into the Misc section.
* The Ending Screens for the game have been re-added.
Mega Man 9
* Intro Re-Ripped, and additional scenes. (Thanks Metal-Man!)
Mega Man 10:
*Block Devil added.
Mega Man & Bass
Misc section completely overhauled, and has resulted in re-ripping of basically everything there. Now includes things from both SNES and GBA versions, and has added the following:
* Dr Light's Mugshot from the CD database.
* Pause Screen
* Stage Select
* Character Select
* Title Screen
* Rain Effects from Robot Museum
Megaman: The Power Fighters
* Unused frames for Bass and Protoman found by Fusion. Cheers!
Street Fighter X Megaman
* Sagat added.
* "Perfect" and "New Challenger" text added.
* Stage Select added.
* Unused Mugshot for M.Bison added.
* Unused Stage Select added. (Thanks Rhythm!)
Mega Man 3 (Mobile)
* Bosses added.
* Weapons added.
* Misc added.
* Missing frame from X2's Zero added. (Thanks Qarabe!)
Mega Man X1
* Deleted excess Rangda Bangda sheets.
Mega Man X2
* Don't know if it's of any use to anyone, but the old assembled version of Mechaniloid CF-0 has been added to the X2 section, in addition to the pieces rip I did ages ago. So you have choice once more!
* Incorrectly identified unused frames moved to correct section.
In my defense.. they appear to be unused in Rock Man X2, but used in Mega Man X2. I've never seen the Ride Armour User leave his Armour on my Japanese copy!
Mega man X5
* Even more unused sprites from this game!
There are various rips of X from the Intro stage... due to how the game handles the sprite, I've left up all variants, so use what-ever you deem useful.
An unused weapon graphic and an additional frame for the Gaea Armour. Cheers Fusion!
Mega Man X (iOS)
* Velgauder & D-Rex added. Unassembled sheets for Bo-Spider and Rangda Bangda also up. (Thanks Ciel for the upload, assembled by me.)
* Weapons Added (Thanks Ciel!)