|Global Announcement - READ THIS - IT'S IMPORTANT!|
|THIS FORUM IS NOW IN ARCHIVE MODE. You can still look at the posts, but please shift to the new forum at: http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/files/forum/|
|These rules must be read. Failure to do so will lead to you being unable to register.
Warning System - Just to note, if you reach 10 or more warning points, you will be temporarly banned. After a temporary banning, stepping out of line again will result in a permament banning.
0) New members should introduce themselves in the introduction topic. Do not start a new topic introducing yourself, and especially DON'T JUST POST "HELLO" IN SOMEONE ELSE'S TOPIC!
This appears to be a problem that needed addressing.
1) Post in the correct sections! There is a thread detailing what should be posted where, here.
2) Spam is not tolerated at these forums, how-ever forum games, and otherwise random but sensible topics can be posted in Smeg Head.
3) Do not hijack or derail threads. Keep things on topic where possible.
4) Please do not abuse the English language. Please follow the guidelines set down in the English Guidelines Below.
5) No l33t, no one-word replies, no mass smiles, and no messenger like conversations.
6) No roms or warez.
Do not post links to them, do not upload them via the attachment feature, and DO NOT ASK FOR THEM.
Emulators and savestates are fine to link to.
7) Do not make any racist comments. Anything overly racist, either to religion, ethnic group or what-ever - is an offense that can get you banned outright.
8) No religious discussion period. Sorry, people are too thick to handle discussions like that properly.
9) We don't care less about swearing, but don't go overboard.
10) Homophobic posts are not tolerated. Just because you don't like it that people can fall in love with the same sex doesn't give you the right to outright post hatred at them. And certainly don't get any ideas about posting that crap here. It is also an outright bannable offense.
EDIT: Just to clarify, this means we'll ban you if you start gay bashing.
Hopefully this should clear up some confusion on the matter.
11) No mini-modding. If someone breaks an obvious rule, just hit the report button. Theres no need to repeat it to the member, he/she'll get the Private Message concerning the warning.
12) Do not abuse the report button. If someone's been warned for a post, the
image will be displayed. There is no need to report the post again.
13) The correct answer is Protoman.
14) Elevators are banned. 15) DON'T BUMP TOPICS THAT ARE OVER FOUR MONTHS OLD!
Topics that have not had a new reply in them for over four months, are considered dead. Please do not revive them.
Sticky topics are exempt from this rule, as are your own spriting/game thread.
16) Do not place advertisements for your site at these forums. You can only do this in your signature. If you wish to advertise via a forum post, then you need the admin's permission first.
MOST IMPORTANTLY!: There are already introduction threads, spriting request threads, and etc. Use them for such matters and don't make a new post.
|Creative Corner Section Rules|
|1) Don't steal other people's work and claim it to be your own. (This is an offense that can get you banned straight off.)
2) "Ecchi" and Violent art/fiction/story/etc are allowed, but be sure to post an age warning in the topic title first.
Do not post anything thats overly graphic.
3) Don't bash people's work - offer critique, yes, but no bashing. Unless said person claims to be the greatest spriter that ever lived, and all they've offered is a blue Zero with a head swap.
|Use of the English Language (MUST READ!)|
|Please ATTEMPT to type correctly, at least ATTEMPT to use English without totaly butchering it. Even if English is your second language, theres no excuses for the following:
a) Lack of captial letters entirely. This is REALLY annoying to read, be sure to use captial letters at the start of sentances and the start of names. It's basic grammer folks. This is stuff you learn in Primary/Kindergarten, folks. Stop making yourself look like idiots. This is a forum, not a chat room.
b) Use the Enter key when its logical to.
c) Spelling. I may not be a great speller, but even I can spell things like "The". The fact some people here can't, even when English IS their first language is very depressing.
d) No l33t, no txt, and definately no "lol". Save lol's for chat rooms.
e) Double posting for apologising for double posting... just delete the other post, don't go "Sorry for the double post" AFTER you've doubled posted.
Again - I know for some of you that English is not your first language, but the things mentioned here you definately should've been taught about. Everyone take heed of point a).