Sprites INC
Sprites Inc Podcast - This Theory of Mine - Printable Version

+- Sprites INC (http://sprites-inc.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Stuff (http://sprites-inc.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News (http://sprites-inc.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Sprites Inc Podcast - This Theory of Mine (/showthread.php?tid=1221)

Sprites Inc Podcast - This Theory of Mine - Rhythm - 28-07-2015

So in general discussion, we believed that the podcasts shouldn't be limited to only development news or general Mega Man news. With a 25+ year old franchise, there is always something to discuss or talk about regarding the games, the stories, the characters, etc. And since this game series (like most, if not all game series...serii?) are full of glaring holes in the story, it's up to us, the fans, to take the information given and fill in these holes. Some make absolute sense....some are just pure fanfic. Lamda and I discuss some of these theories that are used to explain some aspects of what occurs in the Mega Man Universe.

Get the podcast here

Feel free to leave comments or your own ideas in the comments section here. There is always plenty to talk about regarding fan theories and we would love to expand upon this.

RE: Sprites Inc Podcast - This Theory of Mine - Ndraxian0 - 28-07-2015

Well, this gave me a few ideas for a few possible theories and variations of the ones presented in the pod-cast. I might not actually agree with any of the ones that I'm posting, but they are all something I thought would be discussion provoking.

First, it occurred to me there's a very reasonable explanation on what happened to a lot of the classic cast in protoman's core. It's generally accepted that Proto dies to his own core failing. But what if the rest of the cast was just near protoman when he went nuclear. Maybe Mega even managed to just convince Proto to finally get that core fixed (A very classic thing to have happen, given rock's personality), just to have it meltdown in light's lab before it could. If Dr. Lights secret lab where X is is just deep below his normal lab/house the radioactive explosion could also explain why it took so long to find. The normal lab would be in ruins, and it would be too radioactive to thoroughly explore for quite some time.
I don't like this theory though, since it feels too tragic.

As for Wily uploading his self to data, I'd vary it to being as early as MM3... since Robo Wily was a thing. I don't quite agree with that though. I really like to think the whole maverick virus thing was an unforseen happenstance, and that Wily never intended it to happen like it did.

Maybe Wily intended it just to quickly reprogram robot master types, not expecting Dr. Light to reach free will at all, making Zero a Robot Master Master, but in reploids that already had complete free will it corrupted becoming something else.

Maybe Wily's evil energy studies and how it could power up Bass without totally corrupting him, lead him to develop a completely terrestrial version out of a virus, and the maverick virus was merely a means to powerup zero... until it got out. (Honestly I like Wily intending the Maverick Virus to just be a powerup for Zero/security in case it gets stolen, a lot better than he intended to do that.) Wily might not care about collateral damage, but he's not one to cause collateral damage for the sake of collateral damage.

RE: Sprites Inc Podcast - This Theory of Mine - Entity1037 - 30-07-2015

Wait, podcast 8 came out before 6 did even though it was suppose to be out soon after 7? Huh? Why is it taking so long to edit that podcast?

Also, nothing like listening to theories that make absolutely no sense to me and make me cringe for an hour and forty five minutes straight! Because that's interesting....

RE: Sprites Inc Podcast - This Theory of Mine - Entity1037 - 30-07-2015

I think Serges from Mega Man X2 was actually Dr. Wily controlling a robot body. I think he transferred his consciousness into a software program, hid himself somewhere, was plotting against X the entire time, and when he saw the chance to rebuild Zero and reset him on his side to have him destroy X, took up the alias of Serges and jumped on the chance. I mean think about it, isn't Zero too complex to analyze? How the hell could you rebuild something you can't even analyze unless you knew its inner working to begin with? Plus, to further prove he turned himself into an AI, how could of Sigma known the Sigma Virus would "purify" his body instead of screw with him, and who else would he be talking about when he said he met a doctor who hates X?

And another thing: I'm pretty sure Dr. Light did the same kind of thing too. I mean how the hell does he have just so many Armors for X lying around? Well he just keeps making new Armor for him! In X4 when he gives X the Ultimate Armor, he says it's "not completed YET" as in he's still working on it! Pretty good evidence that he's constantly making new armor for him, and that he's actually his consciousness as an AI. And on top of that, the design of his capsules actually improve in X7 and X8. And how do you think the capsules X always needs to find just so happen to be in the places where he needs to go to stop the mavericks? I mean do you think X would find any of the capsules if he had to scour the entire land for them when he has to be busy fighting off the mavericks? Either Dr. Light is preemptively putting them where X is going to go, or he's a friggin Wizard.

Also, I think both Dr. Light and Dr. Wily made their AI versions using the AI systems of X and Zero, just instead of X and Zero's personality and memories, they put in theirs. I mean think about it, if you made a system that does a pretty damn good job at simulating the human mind, wouldn't you use it to preserve yourself? And how do you turn a consciousness into an AI anyway? I think they analyzed their brain and inserted their memories and personality into their AI systems they made X and Zero with. Makes a lot more sense than just "they turned themselves into an AI... somehow..."

RE: Sprites Inc Podcast - This Theory of Mine - Lamda - 30-07-2015

If I recall correctly, ACE hasn't finished editing number 6 just yet.

RE: Sprites Inc Podcast - This Theory of Mine - DamonaSchnider - 31-07-2015

Ok, so here are my thoughts on the podcast. (I'll be filling this out and updating as I listen to the podcast.)

Model A is just too clearly inspired by Axl, both in abilities and appearance, for there to be no connection there at all. The idea that Ciel created a Model A(xl) and Albert stole it and imprinted his ciphers, and dna into it is very interesting though.

The Zero series only progressed up to Zero 2 before X7 came out and at that point Albert wasn't likely to even be born in universe at that time. And the whole concept of models didn't come out until the ZX series, so there's no way that Axl was inspired by Model A instead, unless somehow ZX/ZXA were already planned beyond the story of Zero and Zero 2, and before X7's production began. Something about all that with Capcom's explanation just doesn't sound right. Maybe I misheard though.

Entity1037 Wrote:Also, I think both Dr. Light and Dr. Wily made their AI versions using the AI systems of X and Zero, just instead of X and Zero's personality and memories, they put in theirs. I mean think about it, if you made a system that does a pretty damn good job at simulating the human mind, wouldn't you use it to preserve yourself? And how do you turn a consciousness into an AI anyway? I think they analyzed their brain and inserted their memories and personality into their AI systems they made X and Zero with. Makes a lot more sense than just "they turned themselves into an AI... somehow..."

I can agree with this concept quite a bit in terms of what's going on with Wily and Light's presence in the X timeline.

And then Quint... ugh, time travel. Such a complex mess. I do agree with the idea that as soon as something from the future comes to the past, the timeline is forever changed.

I'm not sure you can say Wily completely won. He's had a lot of victories into the future but so has Light. Light's presence still exists into the ZX series as much as Wily's. And Zero has been both his biggest success and greatest failure. Zero has fought for Light's Ideals far more actively than Wily's, though he's had his failings with the events of X5.

Ah, the Cataclysm. Not a fan of that concept. My personal favorite, end of series explanation so far, is Jace's explanation. The Classic series is too light hearted for the classic characters to die off with Zero murdering them all. Duo taking in the Light bots, and possibly a reformed Bass, and going off into space to fight against the evil energy source, or whatever, and X and Zero simply don't become active until the X timeline.

RE: Sprites Inc Podcast - This Theory of Mine - Lamda - 31-07-2015

Zero fights for his own beliefs, not implicitly for Light's. He says as much quite a few times throughout the series. His ideals come more from a place of fighting for those he cares for, where X's are more obviously based out of wanting to protect the innocent and bring about peace. The ends may be similar, but the means not as much.

There's also Maverick and Elf Wars to consider, both of which were instigated by something that originally came from Wily. Recovery periods notwithstanding, the Elf Wars alone nearly killed all life on the planet, with Omega at the helm. Humans may have repopulated and robots rebuilt after a long while, but that's a pretty staggering victory for Wily.

There's also his creation outliving Light's, at least physically. X's body was destroyed before Omega was, sooooo... :3

But the main thing is that, despite there being great victories on both fronts, throughout every arc of the series there is always escalating conflict. There is a profoundly poetic irony in Zero siding with his originally-programmed enemy, but even so there's always some sort of major escalating conflict going on. Light's ultimate dream was for humans and machines to live in harmony, and Wily's was world domination/if-I-can't-rule-this-world-nobody-can. Humans and machines living in harmony doesn't really start to pop up until about ZX, though it's much more prevalent in Legends IIRC (but legends is a good long time after everything and I've yet to play it), and even then there's still some bastard trying to wreck everything and be king of the ashes.

Eventually, I think Light's dream was realized, at least as realistically as it could have been, but not without centuries upon centuries of conflict, war, struggle, and death. To me, peace being reached is largely irrelevant if it requires sacrifice of that scale.

So as far as Wily having one single bombastic victory, there's not one. But I believe that his individual victories over all the years have stacked up more than Light's.

RE: Sprites Inc Podcast - This Theory of Mine - DamonaSchnider - 31-07-2015

(31-07-2015, 02:04 PM)Lamda Wrote: So as far as Wily having one single bombastic victory, there's not one. But I believe that his individual victories over all the years have stacked up more than Light's.

By the ZX era, yeah, I'd agree that Wily has had a lot more solid Victories over Light, putting him in the lead. By Legends era, it seems that Light has at least come closer to winning the overall war.

RE: Sprites Inc Podcast - This Theory of Mine - Scorpio - 01-08-2015

Speaking of Quint, my personal theory is that he was created from an unused spare body of Megaman's that was stolen in the future and reformatted. The fact that Megaman and Bass explicitly refers to extra lives as "Spare Bodies" gives this extra credibility. That way, he can be Megaman, but not the Megaman that actually fought Quint.

Also, he went on to become Rockman Shadow.

RE: Sprites Inc Podcast - This Theory of Mine - Rhythm - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 12:04 AM)Scorpio Wrote: Speaking of Quint, my personal theory is that he was created from an unused spare body of Megaman's that was stolen in the future and reformatted. The fact that Megaman and Bass explicitly refers to extra lives as "Spare Bodies" gives this extra credibility. That way, he can be Megaman, but not the Megaman that actually fought Quint.

Also, he went on to become Rockman Shadow.

Rockman Shadow is NOT Quint. this is explicitly stated throughout known official sources. at the end of RM&F2:
Quote:After his defeat, Rockman Shadow admits that after Quint's destruction, he was the only robot left. He states that he rebuilt himself to increase his strength, and desired to devastate the world. As he learned he would be unstoppable in his own time period, he traveled back in time to find someone that could put an end to him: the strongest challengers, Rockman and Forte. With that, he leaves the victor with words of advice in his dying breath.

They just happen to look similar with their helmet shape, color scheme, point of origin...

RE: Sprites Inc Podcast - This Theory of Mine - Blackhook - 01-08-2015

They even ask him if he is Quint in game.