Sprites INC
[Fan Game] Mega Maker - Printable Version

+- Sprites INC (http://sprites-inc.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Homebrew Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Fan Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Fan Game] Mega Maker (/showthread.php?tid=1992)

Pages: 1 2

Mega Maker - WreckingPrograms - 08-07-2017 05:55 PM

[Image: UsKMrjS.png]

Jump, shoot, create! Mega Maker is a fan game all about creating your own Mega Man levels and sharing them with the world! Alternatively, play one of many levels created by other users, from full-length Robot Master stages to unique puzzle levels. There's content for everyone to enjoy!

The game has been in development since September 2016 and is finally ready to be announced (and almost ready to be released, too!). It features several assets from Mega Man 1 through 6, as well as custom or modified ones. All of these can be used to create any type of level you want thanks to the user-friendly stage builder, after which you can use the in-game online feature to upload your level and share it with everyone! Of course, you can also play levels uploaded by other users with ease.

Please visit our official website for more info!

Trailer

Screenshots
[Image: mADy114.png][Image: 95pl7UE.png][Image: zDfcntA.png][Image: FQd0GUZ.png][Image: 4mXt2Xl.png][Image: iAbvX10.png][Image: E4ozB9A.png][Image: xNVVLYf.png][Image: 5uerzKr.png]

Download
https://mega-maker.com/download.html

The team
WreckingPrograms: Project management, programming, sprites, design
CosmicGem: Music, sound effects
Gaem: Sprites, artwork
RRThiel: Music
Sapphire Sunsets: Music
Alex: Server/database programming
Mors: Website programming

If you're interested in the game, feel free to join the official forums or the official Discord server. We'd love to hear from you!

RE: Mega Maker - edencrafty126 - 08-07-2017 06:23 PM

wow i'm looking forward to this!

RE: Mega Maker - gone-sovereign - 08-07-2017 08:05 PM

If this is anything like Mario Maker, I do have to wonder just how long it's going to take for the server to be swamped with a bunch of boring automatic levels... Tongue

In all seriousness, I am VERY interested in this! The fact it's being released in a week from today and it's only just been announced took me by surprise, admittedly. I'll be looking forward to this game's release, and hopefully this laptop can handle it at a good frame rate.

RE: Mega Maker - lizardcommando - 08-07-2017 11:42 PM

This looks really cool! Will we be able to import custom sprites, tilesets and music? If there's another Make a Good Megaman Level contest, I wonder if we'd be using this program.

RE: Mega Maker - Azure-Mage - 08-07-2017 11:47 PM

This Mega Maker's shaping up to be one neat game, if I do say so myself! Come to think of it, I'm gonna second lizardcommando's question about it.

RE: Mega Maker - WreckingPrograms - 09-07-2017 12:18 AM

Custom assets would unfortunately not work as they'd need to be uploaded to the server whenever people share their levels, and server storage is very expensive. I'm afraid it's not realistic for a hobbyist project

RE: Mega Maker - M. Jacquelinae - 09-07-2017 01:03 AM

Will you or someone involved be making a tutorial video (akin to ACE's MAGMML2 tuts)?

RE: Mega Maker - Azure-Mage - 09-07-2017 01:48 AM

(09-07-2017 12:18 AM)WreckingPrograms Wrote:  Custom assets would unfortunately not work as they'd need to be uploaded to the server whenever people share their levels, and server storage is very expensive. I'm afraid it's not realistic for a hobbyist project

Darn, that's a shame... No worries, though, that's understandable.

RE: Mega Maker - lizardcommando - 09-07-2017 04:51 AM

Ah, that's too bad, but that's understandable. I'm still really excited for this. I can't wait to play around with this!

RE: Mega Maker - ApselTheBlue - 09-07-2017 07:13 PM

Time to make hellish levels of hell!! Wait I mean really nice fun fair levels for everyone to enjoy.

This looks amazing in all seriousness. I can imagine pouring hours into this.

RE: Mega Maker - Thojoewhit - 09-07-2017 11:17 PM

Well, this is exciting! I've been secretly hoping for a game like this since Super Mario Maker! (Though, when I saw your weapon demos for the smash bros. weapons, I thought it was for a Mega Man Vs. Nintendo fangame.)

I think this has a great potential for beginners who want to make mega man games/levels. They can learn a thing or two from this and apply it to making a full fangame!

Best of Luck, Guys!

RE: Mega Maker - barberbarberjoe - 10-07-2017 08:33 PM

I have a few questions:

Are the SFX going to be based on MM9/10 or MM1, MM2, or MM3-6? Furthermore, will it be possible to switch between said sound banks if the option is there?

Also, will there be a Mac version? I have a good friend who has a Mac and would love to play this.

RE: Mega Maker - Thoron - 10-07-2017 10:35 PM

Impressive work! I heard talk about a project like this before, but I didn't realize it would come to fruition like this!

I'll definitely playing this on Day 1. Hopefully the servers can handle the opening day strain.

RE: Mega Maker - N-Mario - 11-07-2017 04:52 AM

WOW, Nice! I am really looking forward to this. Big Grin

Good luck with maintaining the servers, as I'm sure there will be a few.

BTW, in terms of uploads, I assume the same standard from Mario Maker also applies to this as well? In other words, the requirement to upload is to clear the level yourself first? You know, if people upload unclearable Mega Man levels, it's just gonna be LOADS of troll levels. Considering Mario Maker already has enough troll levels, even with the upload requirements..

RE: Mega Maker - CosmicGem - 11-07-2017 06:39 AM

(11-07-2017 04:52 AM)N-Mario Wrote:  WOW, Nice! I am really looking forward to this. Big Grin

Good luck with maintaining the servers, as I'm sure there will be a few.

BTW, in terms of uploads, I assume the same standard from Mario Maker also applies to this as well? In other words, the requirement to upload is to clear the level yourself first? You know, if people upload unclearable Mega Man levels, it's just gonna be LOADS of troll levels. Considering Mario Maker already has enough troll levels, even with the upload requirements..

Yep, you gotta clear it first.

RE: Mega Maker - N-Mario - 11-07-2017 05:26 PM

Interesting. And any limits? Like just 1 boss per level? Or can we do a similar setup like the 8 robot master re-match before a Dr.Wily fight with this game?

And I'm curious if there will be a % rating system like Easy, Normal, Hard, Super Hard. I doubt there will be a 100 Mega Man run option. XD

RE: Mega Maker - CosmicGem - 11-07-2017 06:28 PM

(11-07-2017 05:26 PM)N-Mario Wrote:  Interesting. And any limits? Like just 1 boss per level? Or can we do a similar setup like the 8 robot master re-match before a Dr.Wily fight with this game?

And I'm curious if there will be a % rating system like Easy, Normal, Hard, Super Hard. I doubt there will be a 100 Mega Man run option. XD

We can't spoil everything, can we? Tongue

You'll see when the game releases on Saturday!

RE: Mega Maker - WreckingPrograms - 15-07-2017 11:06 AM

We're happy to announce that the game has been released! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmLxAqHeIU4
Download: https://mega-maker.com/download.html
Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/file/e0r60h5kzh5u06i/MegaMaker_v1_0_0.zip

RE: Mega Maker - barberbarberjoe - 15-07-2017 02:41 PM

I'm enjoying the game so far, but there seems to be some niggling issues:

- The sound mixing is flawed in some ways; the volumes are recorded oddly (e.g. Bomb Man's explosions sound like they are muffled), as if different recorders did them (e.g. Rolling Cutter and Bomb Man's explosions), and the music is too low compared to the sound effects. The sounds should have been recorded using an NSF player, which would also help to save space.
- Crash Bomb Palace is acting choppy, since it's a giant screen. Mega Man games are generally supposed to be always split into 256 x 224 screens, that are grouped or linked together. On regular levels like Napalm Factory, the screens still act choppy. Is it because the users put in too many graphics from other tiles and is slowing down the game somewhat? Overall, the levels don't all smoothly go from left to right, some do and some don't (e.g. the Trio Towers Ascent screens are moving along fine when Mega Man runs).
- It would be nice if you folks could include more screen resolution fixes, say if you wanted to add borders for this 4:3 game if you're on a 16:9 or 16:10 screen.
- If you fire your Mega Buster at enemies that reflect the shots back, you can fire almost infinitesimally at them and they'd bounce all those shots. It pretty much makes the 3-shot limit irrelevant.
- The screen wrapping is strange sometimes. For example, in MM1 Mashup, when you're climbing the ladder in Elec Man's section and you make it to the top and go right some, the screen acts really really weird.
- If you take damage and you switch a weapon on the fly while flickering, the icon above Mega Man also flickers, which isn't supposed to happen.
- Transitioning to new screens works pretty well, but if Mega Man transitions through a boss door that goes downward like in Napalm Factory, he falls faster through the transition, which is also strange.
- The Hammer Joe animations don't have all the frames, he swings the hammer around much slower than in the actual Mega Man 3.
- Also, it couldn't hurt to have more controller support, those like the iBuffalo SNES controller aren't recognized.

All that aside, Top Spin, Charge Kick and Plant Barrier are great, much better than their original incarnations.

RE: Mega Maker - N-Mario - 15-07-2017 05:46 PM

I don't know what it is about Game Maker games, but they always run really SLOW on my PC. This game is NO exception.

- Yoku blocks look too plain.
- up/down and left/right bomb platforms don't need to be separate items. Could use 90 degree rotation option.

Future wish list for Mega Maker:
- Wily machine battles
- Wily Castle bosses
- Support for Proto Man battles/appearances during a level
- Support for Item-1, Item-2, Item-3 from MM2.
- Every 8 robot masters for 1-6. Not limited to 2 from each game.
- Support for Mid bosses (Ex. Hippo in Ring Man Stage, the Whale in Dive Man Stage, The Cat in Top Man Stage, etc).
- Support for MM9 and MM10 content.
- More enemies (It lacks fish)