Sprites INC
[Game]: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Printable Version

+- Sprites INC (http://sprites-inc.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Gaming (http://sprites-inc.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Video Games (http://sprites-inc.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: [Game]: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (/showthread.php?tid=2271)

Pages: 1 2

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Wanderer - 09-03-2018

So, they finally announced the new Smash Bros. game for Switch in the new Nintendo Direct. Because of course there was going to be one.

The trailer confirmed Inklings from the Splatoon series will be in the game.

Any guesses on other new characters? Think it's a whole new game, or just an expanded port of the Wii U version?

For new characters, I'm gonna guess:
Shantae
Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Alm & Celica from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Spring Man from ARMS
Aluche from Nights of Azure 2
Frisk from Undertale

RE: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch - Psychosis - 09-03-2018

(09-03-2018, 08:26 AM)Wanderer Wrote: So, they finally announced the new Smash Bros. game for Switch in the new Nintendo Direct. Because of course there was going to be one.

The trailer confirmed Inklings from the Splatoon series will be in the game.

Any guesses on other new characters? Think it's a whole new game, or just an expanded port of the Wii U version?

For new characters, I'm gonna guess:
Shantae
Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Alm & Celica from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Spring Man from ARMS
Aluche from Nights of Azure 2
Frisk from Undertale

Why frisk if they already have ness?

Deeply sorry for the joke.

RE: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch - sovietcommando - 09-03-2018

Maybe Crash Bandicoot, since he's's also coming to Switch?

RE: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch - Lionheart261 - 09-03-2018

They won't do Frisk. They're more likely to do Sans.

Also, Shovel Knight is one I've been hoping for.

And of course Mega Man is there to stay. =)

RE: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch - Linzodakatz - 09-03-2018

Some bros I know on discord says this'll just be a deluxe port

But I don't trust that flaming smash symbol one second.

RE: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch - Garirry - 09-03-2018

My biggest wonder is whether it's going to be Smash 4 Definitive/Ultimate/For Switch or a brand new game. Considering the Wii U's failure, despite the popularity of Smash 4 Wii U, as well as considering the massive amount of ports of Wii U games to Switch (with the most significant being Hyrule Warriors Definitive version), it's possible that it could simply be a port. While this is likely, I think most people including myself prefer a new game, simply because it's probably going to be much more exciting. Personally, I also think that a port will absolutely destroy whatever's left of the Wii U, which I don't want because as much as people make fun of it, I love the console and don't want all of its good exclusives or semi-exclusives to be ported to the Switch.

If it's a port, then I think there's not going to be many new characters, instead most of SSB4's DLC will most likely be included in the one package. If it's a new game, then there's definitely going to be new characters, new mechanics, and the like. Regardless of what Nintendo does, it'll sell the Switch further and the game is guaranteed to be a success. As to whether it'll appeal to elitist Smash fans that's a whole other story.

RE: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch - Entity1037 - 11-03-2018

I WOULD say it's probably a port with everything from the Wii U and 3Ds versions plus some extra stuff thrown in. HOWEVER, Splatoon didn't get ported, we ended up getting a Splatoon 2. We may be seeing everything under the sun being ported to Switch, and a lot of good Wii U games jumping ship to Switch so all of the people who didn't have the Wii U can play them, but the fact Splatoon wasn't a port definitely shows that if they feel like doing something new, they'll do it. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RE: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch - Lionheart261 - 11-03-2018

I mean, from what I've seen, somebody found copyrights for 2018 for the game. And usually, ports have the copyright date of the original release as well as the port's. So if it were a port, it would be C 2014, 2018.

Plus, they're showing off BotW Link here instead of TP Link, and it seems unlikely they'd change character models in a port. And why would they introduce a port with a new character trailer instead of showing gameplay footage of all of the stages and dramatic fights we loved in the original game being remastered in sweet, shiny Switch goodness?

RE: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch - Linzodakatz - 11-03-2018

(11-03-2018, 03:42 PM)Lionheart261 Wrote: I mean, from what I've seen, somebody found copyrights for 2018 for the game. And usually, ports have the copyright date of the original release as well as the port's. So if it were a port, it would be C 2014, 2018.

Plus, they're showing off BotW Link here instead of TP Link, and it seems unlikely they'd change character models in a port. And why would they introduce a port with a new character trailer instead of showing gameplay footage of all of the stages and dramatic fights we loved in the original game being remastered in sweet, shiny Switch goodness?

See,that's what I'm saying

If this is a so called"port" then why does the teaser show Link in his BOTW look instead of the TP one? Definitly doesn't scream"port" to me

RE: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch - Garirry - 11-03-2018

(11-03-2018, 07:18 AM)Entity1037 Wrote: HOWEVER, Splatoon didn't get ported, we ended up getting a Splatoon 2.

I think that Splatoon was an exception of Nintendo's part, due to the fact that it is a new IP and they needed to make an actual second game for it. You can't make a "deluxe" or "special" edition of a brand new game. After all, pretty much all ports for Switch have their existing franchise (Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country, etc.)

RE: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch - Wanderer - 12-03-2018

(11-03-2018, 11:15 PM)Linzodakatz Wrote: If this is a so called"port" then why does the teaser show Link in his BOTW look instead of the TP one? Definitly doesn't scream"port" to me

Hyrule Warriors is getting a Switch port and they added the BOTW costumes. They could easily add BOTW alternate costumes in a Smash port.

RE: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch - Wave - 12-03-2018

Give us Waluigi
Or a Waluigi game
Then I will have to buy a Switch

RE: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch - Lionheart261 - 12-03-2018

Except why would they show the alternate costume and not the main one?

And again, why *start* with a new character but no gameplay footage if it's a port?

RE: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch - Wanderer - 13-03-2018

(12-03-2018, 11:45 PM)Lionheart261 Wrote: Except why would they show the alternate costume and not the main one?

And again, why *start* with a new character but no gameplay footage if it's a port?

To advertise that they're there, of course. They gotta let us know there's something new in it. Gameplay footage will be coming later, of course.

RE: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch - Lionheart261 - 13-03-2018

Why not show that first, though? If it's a port, the main attraction would be the original's gameplay being brought to the Switch. New characters would only be shown first in the context of gameplay. Example: Funky Kong in the new Tropical Freeze port. He was shown off through gameplay.

RE: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch - Wanderer - 13-03-2018

This was just a teaser trailer, just to announce the game's existence. They'll release more in-depth trailers with gameplay footage later.

RE: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch - Lionheart261 - 13-03-2018

If it were a teaser for a port, they'd explicitly show some of the characters from Sm4sh. Instead, all they show is Mario, Link(in a new outfit) and a bunch of vague silhouettes which could be almost anyone.

And again, new Link outfit, different copyright, no indication in the title(deluxe, remastered, definitive edition), and new character being shown off without any indication that the gameplay will be identical to the previous game's.

The only evidence which suggests a port is the close release date, which even then, Sakurai said it's been in development for years before this, so it's unlikely.

Everything else suggests a new IP.

RE: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch - Wanderer - 14-03-2018

Not necessarily. None of that is conclusive. This could still go either way.

RE: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch - turpinator - 15-03-2018

The trailer was about as effective at telling us what the game has as the Metroid Prime 4 one did. I think we're only gonna see some more concrete news about this either at E3 or later. It's nice to see they at least finally updated the Link to the current version instead of use TP Link again. And the initial announcement for the Inklings was an unexpected treat.

RE: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch - IrrelevantMage - 17-03-2018

For some reason I want Kid Dracula in Smash 5