Sprites INC
[Fan Game] Bouncy Mega Man fangame (title pending) - Printable Version

+- Sprites INC (http://sprites-inc.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Homebrew Games (http://sprites-inc.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Game Ideas (http://sprites-inc.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: [Fan Game] Bouncy Mega Man fangame (title pending) (/showthread.php?tid=2275)

Bouncy Mega Man fangame (title pending) - Beed28 - 24-03-2018

If you know me, you'll know that I'm a huge sucker for bouncy worlds. My MaGMML2 level submission, Bouncy Castle, had the screen bounce on timed intervals, but was infamously disqualified after ACESpark got motion sick when attempting to judge it, whilst others found it annoying, but there were some other people who found it fun overall.

Of course, instead of just releasing a new version of Bouncy Castle with a reworked bouncy mechanic, I have decided to go the extra mile and attempt to make a whole Mega Man fangame with it instead.

The Bounciness Mechanic
Whenever Mega Man or any enemy lands, the terrain wobbles based on how fast their landing is and causes anyone and any item on the ground to bounce, until the wobble dies down. You can also bounce super high if you hold down the Jump button. The bounciness also affects floating platforms and other things you can stand on. Due to the bounciness, Rush Coil will not be featured in the game for redundancy.

The bounciness could also be used for some unique scenarios. Say, there's a small passage you need to slide through. However, there an enemy that's constantly jumping and making the ground wobble, which constantly messes with your footing and preventing you from sliding. You'll need to kill this enemy so that you can slide again. Or what about you going through a corridor with a low spike ceiling. There's an enemy that jumps periodically, and you'll need to stand in a safe zone when it jumps or you'll be launched into the spikes.

Robot Master Line-up
There will be a group of 6 Robot Masters taken from the official games. Each one will be selected based on their suitability in a bouncy environment, with any tweaks to their original behaviour if applicable (i.e. Plant Man will no longer walk towards you like he did in Mega Man 6). There will be an intro stage to introduce you to the bounciness mechanic, with a boss that will have just have Toad Man's jumping movement pattern (and without Rain Flush).

It should be noted that I will not be using Rockman 7/8 FC assets (sorry, Spring Man).

Here are the planned Robot Masters (pending; liable to change):
  • Bomb Man (explosive weapon)
  • Hard Man (power weapon)
  • Gravity Man (screen clearing weapon)
  • Plant Man (shield weapon)
  • Magma Man (chargable/multi-hitter weapon)
  • Nitro Man (ground weapon)

WIP animations showing the concept (be wary of possible motion sickness!)
[Image: HeszgFX.gif]
[Image: KyMRcGo.gif]

Much of this is still a proof of concept, and is very much subject to change. The game will be built upon the MaGMML3 devkit once it's released.

RE: Bouncy Mega Man fangame (title pending) - Lionheart261 - 24-03-2018

Whoaaaa.

This looks really cool.

Bit dizzying, but cool.

RE: Bouncy Mega Man fangame (title pending) - Flashman85 - 26-03-2018

YOU MADMAN.

You know I'm going to have to stream this if you finish it, right?

Also, I'm putting in a request for a Mega Man Xtreme crossover so you can fight Armored Armadillo in a bouncy setting. Duo will do in a pinch.

RE: Bouncy Mega Man fangame (title pending) - Lionheart261 - 27-03-2018

Also, regarding the RMs, if you aren't going to add Toad Man, may I suggest:

-Pharaoh Man
-Quick Man
-Stone Man
-Shadow Man/Hard Man

RE: Bouncy Mega Man fangame (title pending) - Psychosis - 27-03-2018

If you mean bosses that can make use bouncing could apply, Burner Man could be there, or Napalm Man, I dunno.

RE: Bouncy Mega Man fangame (title pending) - Beed28 - 27-03-2018

Oh man, Quick Man would be a complete and utter nightmare to fight in a bouncy world. Stone Man or Hard Man... could probably rocket you up towards the ceiling with the ground pounds, maybe? Pharaoh Man seems alright, since I've tried him with the bounciness, although it's a pain to dodge him sometimes it could make trying to avoid his Pharaoh Wave interesting. Not sure about Shadow Man.

RE: Bouncy Mega Man fangame (title pending) - N-Mario - 27-03-2018

Well.... At least we now know the origin of your avatar! Big Grin

RE: Bouncy Mega Man fangame (title pending) - Beed28 - 08-04-2018

The Robot Master list has been updated, with a bonus of each representing a different Mega Man game! Check them out in the OP!

RE: Bouncy Mega Man fangame (title pending) - Diamond Wolf - 08-04-2018

You need a guy with an aimable weapon to complete the Royal Weapons Flush.

Now, about Wily bosses... Copy Robot could be interesting, as well as Wily Press.