Sprites INC
Megaman Discussion In regards to the annual Christmas game.. - Printable Version

+- Sprites INC (http://sprites-inc.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Stuff (http://sprites-inc.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News (http://sprites-inc.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Megaman Discussion In regards to the annual Christmas game.. (/showthread.php?tid=432)

In regards to the annual Christmas game.. - ACESpark - 12-12-2012

I realise the irony of this happening on a year where every other Megaman game has been cancelled.

Due to health concerns I may have to cancel (or.. at rather, delay and wait until next year) Megaman's Christmas Carol 3.

Normally I'd keep going but at this point in the month, I'm already shattered beyond my limits, and I seem to be heading into what I can only describe as "Migraine season", seeing how I've spent the last week kept awake all night with the damn things. I can probably count the hours of sleep I've had in the past 3 days on one hand.
(Great timing body.)

And for those who are about to go "But Ace, you've had all year to work on this!"

Here's the real kicker.

I have been working all year on this. Sprite work was started in MAY. The vast majority of the sprites were basically FINISHED by June, aside from the odd Robot Master.
The game's final boss has been finished for most of the year, and hell, I even posted footage of the damn game a few months back. As a reminder, that accident I had six months ago is still affecting me.

I don't take this decision exactly lightly.

So er, yeah. MM - What

Tl/dr : Ace is throwing in the towel and trying again next year.

I'll see if I can pull something together. The one upside is, a fallback plan I had is potentially do-able in the time allotted. Mostly because most of the work for said fallback plan is already done.

EDIT: Well aren't I having a good week, I just got forced to nuke my old webcomic. Brilliant. ¬_¬

RE: In regards to the annual Christmas game.. - Rhythm - 12-12-2012

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Ace. Hope you feel better soon. At least you have a legitimate excuse for delaying it instead of corporate greed.

RE: In regards to the annual Christmas game.. - Smurf-Killer Squee - 12-12-2012

(12-12-2012, 03:18 PM)Rhythm_BCA Wrote: Sorry to hear about your troubles, Ace. Hope you feel better soon. At least you have a legitimate excuse for delaying it instead of corporate greed.

^this

Don't push yourself. We don't expect you to kill yourself for a game.

RE: In regards to the annual Christmas game.. - Lamda - 12-12-2012

Dude, do you really think we'd give you shit over this? Don't worry about it. Your stuff's worth the wait, anyway.

RE: In regards to the annual Christmas game.. - Mick Galbani - 12-12-2012

ACE, in my opinion, you honestly shouldn't worry about making a fallback plan. A delay is by no means a cancellation, and "Life has decided to metaphorically murder me" is definitely not "We don't think the game will sell".

You've honestly been trying your absolute hardest to pull this off, but you are only one man, you're only human. IMO you shouldn't be worried about pleasing us, the continued health of our administrator, even if only so he can continue to give us epic fangames, is far higher (or should be far higher) on our priority list than the fangames themselves.

RE: In regards to the annual Christmas game.. - Soulephant - 12-12-2012

What BD said. I'll say this even if it is obvious: Whether to actually use the fallback plan is up to you. And again, you are only human and, putting the questionable capcom reasons aside, it's perfectly understandable considering the jabs life's been giving you (although you sounded perfectly fine recently).

You're not getting any meh from us, so take it easy if you like.

RE: In regards to the annual Christmas game.. - ACESpark - 12-12-2012

(12-12-2012, 08:34 PM)Soulephant Wrote: (although you sounded perfectly fine recently).
I think it's a different medium talking to someone over the internet and talking to said person in real life.

In regards to the fallback plan, it does depend on whether or not my health stays consistent or not. As I said, alot of the work is already done. That doesn't mean there's even more work to do, it just looks possible instead of impossible.

RE: In regards to the annual Christmas game.. - CHAOS-FANTAZY - 12-12-2012

While I will say I was looking forward to it, I obviously care about your well-being more than one little fangame. I mean, it's already pretty amazing that you've made two of these by yourself and astounding that you never asked for outside help.
We all waited for one year, we can all easily wait another, especially for your own well-being. Besides, I think everyone's looking forward to SFxMM anyway. ...Hey, it'll at least give us something else to do!