Mega Man: Robot Masters Mayham
Rage Offline
Registered

Mega Man: Robot Masters Mayham
Good day to all,

My Name is Rage (no really thats my last name lol) and I come here from Infinity Mugen Team. I Here seeking help with a long on going project titled Mega Man: Robot Masters Mayhem.

The Game is a fighting game based on the original Mega Man series with cameos from others characters in the main series timeline.

In the year 20XX, Dr. Wily has launched an all out attack on the world with his Robot Master army. Quint, with the upgraded ability to open time portals, has been dispatched to travel through time and bring back many robots from the past and future to fight for Dr. Wily in his Quest for World Domination.

Unbeknownst to Wily Quint's portals are not closing as he leaves thus allowing those he's stolen from to pursue him.

Can the Robot Master Army be stopped?
Can Quint be thwarted?
Can Dr. Wily be defeated?

The game is to feat classic two sprites and a fighting system similar to Marvel vs Capcom with with a Mega Man twist. Characters will have access to 6 power sets that they can change in battle at any given time.

At the moment we have 20+ characters we'd like to feature in the game. We are currently looking for programers. People who are familiar with the Mugen gaming engine and interested in programing characters. The are other openings, such as storyboard development too and I'd give more info on those as time passes but for now the base of the game is the characters and with out them there is no game.

There is no money involved, I know sorry. So what I ask is if you are HUGE Mega Man, have the skill, talent, don't mind volunteering your time, and would like to see this game release please drop me a line.

If you made it this far I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read this long post. Please visit us over at infinitymugenteam.com

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 04:53 PM by Rage.)
12-06-2015 04:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eureka Drama X Offline
GRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIB
Registered

RE: Mega Man: Robot Masters Mayham
I see Megaman Edits

[Image: 76561198194018803.png]
12-06-2015 07:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DoomManFTW Offline
Still Here
Registered

So wait,are you the people behind the Rockman Infinity games made out of M.U.G.E.N.?
21-06-2015 09:50 PM
Zio Offline
Registered

nope. that was ukege aka the guy behind zagi and robo-jam which are pretty great characters in mugen. robot master mayhem on the other hand isn't exactly on the same quality.
29-06-2015 05:55 PM
Rage Offline
Registered

(12-06-2015 07:26 PM)Furosuto Kibatodosu Wrote:  I see Megaman Edits

this is allot more then Megaman edits.

(21-06-2015 09:50 PM)DoomManFTW Wrote:  So wait,are you the people behind the Rockman Infinity games made out of M.U.G.E.N.?

No we are not that team.
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2015 06:06 AM by Rage.)
18-07-2015 06:06 AM
Smedis2 Offline
Are video games real?
Registered

Reggae AwardAuto AwardRimmer Award
Sprite edits for characters, stages consisting of inconsistent sprite sources, bad grammar and Toad Man.

10/10 looking forward to this

CHECK OUT STUFF I MAKE OVER AT
[Image: d03b37145145880c6532998fa3a49c20.png]
Here's my TWITTER
18-07-2015 05:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eureka Drama X Offline
GRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIB
Registered

Quote:this is allot more then Megaman edits.
I don't see that. In fact, if you go to 0:04, you can see a VERY blatant edit of Megaman. In fact i'm certain 80% of the stuff here is edited assets from existing games.
IF you want real crit, ditch the edits and start something new.
For starters, Tenguman looks more like a PSX sprite ala X4 than Battle Fighters/Power Fighters. And style clash is bad! You could perhaps tone down the shading, or get rid of some colors. Either way, what even is this.
Toad Man looks alright, I suppose. He can stay.
While on the subject of style clash, I'm really not getting the point of having one background Power Fighters, and the other Megaman X. It's bizarre at best, and if you're going for a almost "throwback" thing, sure, but other than that it's kinda odd to be there. Considering the main sprites themselves are Power Fighters, anyway, seems odd to have SNES X throw in there randomly.
Air man looks fine. You can keep him in.
Overall, it looks like a interesting project. 5/10

[Image: 76561198194018803.png]
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2015 05:18 PM by Eureka Drama X.)
18-07-2015 05:17 PM
Rage Offline
Registered

As I said these are more then mere edit. Tengu and the mule kick u pointed out at .04 is subject to change, all this is subject to change. These videos are OLD and are a very early reparation of the game itself. I am a lead animator on this project and things such as that mule kick will not be in the final product.

About the mega man edits statement that keeps getting thrown around. All character in this project are based on the mvc megaman sprite STYLE. No matter what u make rather original or edit it will look like an edit because most ALL robot master have a simular design. I could show you a enker I made from the ground up with all original sprites and you'd say edit. And to that I say thanks because we want the sprites to appear that way. Tho there are two characters that dont fallow this tengu and fire man.

The stage use elements from powered up, this is true. But why is this a problem? This how people do things in mugen. Mvc 2 used elements from other games. Hey they even used clashing sprites styles with Morrigan DS3/ VS sprites. But besides those stages that you know there will be some new too.

BUT back to the reason i posted this thread. ANY INTERESTED IN HELPING PUSH THIS PROJECT FORWORD? We could really use some programers and later down the road writers and artist.

PS. I'm using my phone to type so sorry about typos or grammar.
(This post was last modified: 24-07-2015 12:12 PM by Rage.)
24-07-2015 11:54 AM
Cyanosis Offline
Harbringer of Glitches
Registered

At the moment I don't see this project as super exciting. I think it has potential, but it could still use more to stand out.
M.U.G.E.N projects are fairly common around these parts so there needs to be some sort of hook.

I am not familiar with M.U.G.E.N but is it able to support smaller sized characters? I would recommend stepping away from Marvel Vs. Capcom's style because it is not easily accesible for creating new sprites. The sprites are both HUGE and have a lot of colors.
While creating your own new style does seem like a lot of work if it means that other people can help you more easily then it's worth it in the long run.

Are there programmers currently on the team? That seems a little unclear.

I would highly suggest dropping this story. It's rather generic.

Spreading the blue disease...
26-07-2015 01:32 PM
Rage Offline
Registered

(26-07-2015 01:32 PM)Cyanosis Wrote:  At the moment I don't see this project as super exciting. I think it has potential, but it could still use more to stand out.
M.U.G.E.N projects are fairly common around these parts so there needs to be some sort of hook.

I am not familiar with M.U.G.E.N but is it able to support smaller sized characters? I would recommend stepping away from Marvel Vs. Capcom's style because it is not easily accesible for creating new sprites. The sprites are both HUGE and have a lot of colors.
While creating your own new style does seem like a lot of work if it means that other people can help you more easily then it's worth it in the long run.

Are there programmers currently on the team? That seems a little unclear.

I would highly suggest dropping this story. It's rather generic.
Its been months but i bring a video and i have a few more i may post later, but first let me address this last post.

Yes we do have a few programmers but we could use more.

I under stand your concern about size and the style choice but this is the standard and it not subject to change. He have 20 + characters or which i could show half or more in videos...

Last I sorry about the story that i posted. I did a very noob thing and copied and pasted from a old post with the incorrect story.

The current story revolves around Wily using Quint to gather Robot Masters from past, present, and future to create a RM army to conquer the would.

01-02-2016 04:01 AM
Rage Offline
Registered

[Image: GMr3yEt.png]

(This post was last modified: 23-12-2017 01:01 AM by Rage.)
23-12-2017 01:01 AM
ThatOneEnderMan Offline
Sewer Boy
Registered

Wait, what the hell? It is still alive? I mean, like, ok, but at the same time, huh. And coming out on Christmas too. Great to see that....literally no improvement of the quality of the characters had been made with the whole "keeping a consistent sprite style" thing. This, like everyone else has said already, is a mess. I guess we'll see if this is worth trying out at all when it comes out.
23-12-2017 08:58 AM
barberbarberjoe Offline
Postman
Registered

Say, isn't this from the same forum behind the Super Marvel Vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes project? That game is also said to have consistency issues.
23-12-2017 04:04 PM
Rage Offline
Registered

Really? Come on show some support!.

Yes we are the team that made that eternity of Heroes and I think it turned out great. Yes the game itself is broken and bug prone but for what we did it was great and the only issue we had was the limitations of the engine its self, it was beta. The game was made in the image of Marvel vs Capcom 2 and we did it well.

Since then the engine has been updated to a more stable 1.1 version. our team has release games such as the x-men vs the Avengers and the x-men second coming. If you are not familiar with those project please check those out and I bet you will be amazed. But I'm not here to talk about those games I'm here to talk about robot masters mayhem.

We've poured our hearts and souls into this game over the last decade. Its an amalgamation of all our love for our favorite character from our childhood. I'm sorry that the development phases didn't impress you but I guarantee that if you pick up this project on Christmas Day you will be impressed and will come back for the updates to come in the future work.

So on Christmas day which is tomorrow I will be back posting the link for the game download it check it out.
24-12-2017 06:43 PM
fxfreitas Offline
Regular
Registered

I'll wait for the release before state anything.
But RMM was one of the projects who leads me to make fighting poses to my sprites, of course I am working on a totally diferent Mugen project but, the concept os the same, Mega Man in a fighting scenario, but with 32bit sprites of X series.

Ok the game has been released and here is my feedback:

While the characters are very funny to play, I can see some interessing diferences between them, some have less Hyper moves, some power sets are recycled (no issue here), some sprites are eerh, not very well polished, like Tenguman, Fireman, Axl, looks like the Pallete and shading doesn't fit to the other characters, being very less colorful.

The power set mechanic is very interessing, where I see a great use for some powers, others are very useless or simply 2~3 forward projectiles, I know how make unique moves for characters wich have only 1~3 attacks in the original game (and most are projectiles...) is hard, but I've see some examples on some of the characters of how the creativity can change this way, Like Toad Man, Top Man, Fire Man. But at same time Characters Like Crash Man have repetitive powers on the set...

The AI, oh, this is a important part of the game, but looks not finished yet, some characters don't do combos or use their powers, while characters like Burst Man and Top Man are very agressive, making very hard to defeat, make a full game is make a Progressive AI, based on the fight and on the AI level selected in options, in game the first fight on Normal 4 should be easy to handle, when the 6th or 7th fight must be challenging, on a dificulty close to hard 6 or 7. Without a balance on AI, the gameplay feels unbalanced.

Well Good Luck with your project, Its going very well, even with some fixes needed, the game in general is very funny, I'm still looking forward for RMM, I see too much potential here.

[Image: deviantart_icon_by_fxfreitas-dbc1l2u.png]MY DEVIANT ART
(This post was last modified: 25-12-2017 10:53 PM by fxfreitas.)
24-12-2017 09:46 PM
Rage Offline
Registered

[quote author=laspacho link=topic=46428.msg543889#msg543889 date=1514226376]
On behalf of Myself, The Robot Master Mayhem Team, and Infinity, I'm proud to Present The First Release of Megaman Robot Master Mayhem.
This project has been developed over the last Ten Years. This is the first full game release from the Robot Master Mayhem Team.
The on screen starting roster consists of 14 fighters. Take control of your favorite Megaman characters to stop the Evil Dr. Wily from conquering the Earth.

Thank you to everyone out there that followed our progress over the course of the project to this point.
Thank you for your continued interest and support, it's what drives us to create new and fun content.

[Image: gmBNWNb.png][Image: iVJA1G7.png]

Longplay by OldGame

Download Link for Megaman Robot Master Mayhem - Mole Boxed:
http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Uploads/RMM.zip

Download Link for Megaman Robot Master Mayhem - Un Mole Boxed (Regular Mugen):
http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Uploads/Rmm.exe

If you are going to report any bugs please report them from a un modified version of the game so it will be easier for us to fix.
If you'd like to help the project and fix any bugs I'd be happy to work with you.
The quicker we can identify and fix bugs the quicker I can upload a new Official Version of Megaman Robot Master Mayhem for everyone to enjoy.
[/quote]

Merry Christmas.

fxfreitas Thanx for the feed back.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2018 01:06 AM by Rage.)
26-12-2017 12:04 AM
Rage Offline
Registered

Happy New year everyone.

So how are yall feeling about RMM? Did we change anyone's opinion?

@ fxfreitas

I shared ypur feed back with the team. Thanking for sharing you view of the project and looking to address most if not all the things you've mentioned.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2018 01:04 AM by Rage.)
01-01-2018 07:53 PM
Rage Offline
Registered

So any interest here?
11-01-2018 02:43 PM