A Comprehensive List of Mega Man Fangames (With Links)
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Spike Award
A Comprehensive List of Mega Man Fangames (With Links)
I've been maintaining a list of Mega Man fangames to help me keep track of what I have and haven't livestreamed, and I figure this could be a helpful resource to share. I've seen a few fangame lists around the Internet, but they're generally incomplete and outdated. Here's what I've got:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mqGC...VLjqBzVjC8

Right now, the list only covers standalone downloads and Flash games, NOT ROM hacks. That's a can of Scworms I'm not ready to open yet. I'm also excluding games that only play like Mega Man, or otherwise have nothing to do with the plot or characters of the franchise; I'm interested in games that could pass for a prequel, interquel, sequel, spinoff, or crossover. Furthermore, I'm trying to leave off unfinished games unless someone is actively working on them (ie, unless there's been a progress update in the last year or so), but I'm not opposed to listing something that's been abandoned but is sufficiently playable from start to finish.

(EDIT: In the interest of making the list as complete as possible, demos and unfinished games in any state of development are completely acceptable, as long as a playable version is available.)

(ADDITIONAL EDIT: I'm also listing unfinished games that DON'T have a demo available yet, but the game must have a dedicated project page I can link to [not just a YouTube video with gameplay footage].)

If you know of any games I've overlooked that fit my criteria, or if you have more recent links to the games than I've provided, please let me know! This helps me, and hopefully it's helpful to the community as well.

No matter where you go, there you are.
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2016 06:12 PM by Flashman85.)
06-06-2016 03:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jexulus Offline
Still Here
Registered

RE: A Comprehensive List of Mega Man Fangames (With Links)
This is incredibly helpful for me. I've been kinda bummed by the lack of up-to-date lists, so seeing this pleases my soul.

Thanks!

[Image: sig.gif]
06-06-2016 05:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Entity1037 Offline
That One Person Who Does Things
Registered

This is AWESOME!! I've always wondered what fan games were around, but sometimes you just don't know how to find them (they can be pretty obscure). This list is so comprehensive and in-depth, and has links to almost everything! Thank you!!!

Programming a thing, ba da baa, programming a thing, ba da baa...
06-06-2016 07:28 PM
Smedis2 Offline
Obscurity Fanatic
Registered

Reggae AwardAuto Award
I've been working on this recently (you've probably already seen it if you've been in Dead Chat), but it's an HTML5/Javascript-based game (it was made in Construct 2). Does it count for this list?

CHECK OUT STUFF I MAKE OVER AT
[Image: d03b37145145880c6532998fa3a49c20.png]
Here's my TWITTER
07-06-2016 11:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Spike Award
(07-06-2016 11:39 AM)Smedis2 Wrote:  I've been working on this recently (you've probably already seen it if you've been in Dead Chat), but it's an HTML5/Javascript-based game (it was made in Construct 2). Does it count for this list?

Absolutely! Anything you can play in a web browser totally counts.

07-06-2016 01:37 PM
Blackhook Offline
Gonna get promoted...eventually
SIBRE Alpha Testers

Smash AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE Contributor
That's more fangames than I expected there to be.

[Image: d82bcef28Chwb.png]
08-06-2016 03:27 PM
iYamWhatIYam Offline
MrKyurem's Bitch
Registered

Revo Remix Contributor
You ought to add Mega Man FU to the list as it is currently in development.

Mike Crain Wrote:lol i take history with a grain of salt, because it's always written by the victors
and i wasnt there
- Mike Crain; May 2, 2016
08-06-2016 04:25 PM
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

Seeing this makes me wonder if there's someone who has time to make a list of fan robot masters.

certified trash-tier description writer
08-06-2016 04:28 PM
TheFallenAlchemist Offline
Dr. Wily's Bastard Child
Registered

I know one game that you'll never have, and probably won't ever be able to find. It was finished and lives in the scrapheap. I made it.

It was called "Mega Man The Power Battles PC" and I made it when I was sixteen. It did appear on a few sites, I think Shockman had it before they closed down. It was known mostly for the horrible voice acting my friends and I tried to do at the time. Good luck finding that crap.

To be honest, I was working on a game with more depth, but the PC I had was just too under-powered to be able to support MMFe. I haven't made another game since.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2016 11:56 PM by TheFallenAlchemist.)
08-06-2016 11:48 PM
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Spike Award
So I came across a similar thread on the Cutstuff forums and added a number of new games to the list. Definitely gonna start streaming fangames more often, now that I'm in no danger of running out anytime soon!

Also, Entity and Jexulus: happy this is helpful!

(08-06-2016 03:27 PM)Blackhook Wrote:  That's more fangames than I expected there to be.

Seriously. Newgrounds alone has more fangames than most people have heard of. Though, to be fair, a lot of what's on the list is barely playable and/or can be finished in a matter of minutes.

(08-06-2016 04:25 PM)iYamWhatIYam Wrote:  You ought to add Mega Man FU to the list as it is currently in development.

WELL IF YOU SENT ME A LINK I WOULD. Wink

(08-06-2016 04:28 PM)CrimsonCamisole Wrote:  Seeing this makes me wonder if there's someone who has time to make a list of fan robot masters.

I might be loopy enough to do that eventually.

(08-06-2016 11:48 PM)TheFallenAlchemist Wrote:  I know one game that you'll never have, and probably won't ever be able to find. It was finished and lives in the scrapheap. I made it.

Links or it didn't happen!

09-06-2016 04:29 AM
TheFallenAlchemist Offline
Dr. Wily's Bastard Child
Registered

(09-06-2016 04:29 AM)Flashman85 Wrote:  So I came across a similar thread on the Cutstuff forums and added a number of new games to the list. Definitely gonna start streaming fangames more often, now that I'm in no danger of running out anytime soon!

Also, Entity and Jexulus: happy this is helpful!

(08-06-2016 03:27 PM)Blackhook Wrote:  That's more fangames than I expected there to be.

Seriously. Newgrounds alone has more fangames than most people have heard of. Though, to be fair, a lot of what's on the list is barely playable and/or can be finished in a matter of minutes.

(08-06-2016 04:25 PM)iYamWhatIYam Wrote:  You ought to add Mega Man FU to the list as it is currently in development.

WELL IF YOU SENT ME A LINK I WOULD. Wink

(08-06-2016 04:28 PM)CrimsonCamisole Wrote:  Seeing this makes me wonder if there's someone who has time to make a list of fan robot masters.

I might be loopy enough to do that eventually.

(08-06-2016 11:48 PM)TheFallenAlchemist Wrote:  I know one game that you'll never have, and probably won't ever be able to find. It was finished and lives in the scrapheap. I made it.

Links or it didn't happen!

There might be a copy on my old Win 98 HD. But yeah, the comments seemed to really despise it back on MMFGHQ. As far as anywhere else on the web, I've been looking for at least ten years now. People must have downloaded it and deleted it. If you can find a copy of this mess (only a fan game collector would still have it) you're welcome to it.

But to be honest, some of that stuff is so cringeworthy that I don't think a thirty year old me could take hearing or seeing it again. I guess if you can get ahold of the owner of MMFGHQ, he might still have the thing.

I also know of an ancient DOS title that NMario made. He said he wasn't happy with it, but I thought it was great. It was basically a more simplistic Power Battle on the DOS. Good luck digging that one up, I can't even remember it's name. But it wouldn't be a lie if I told you that I'd like to play the thing again. I've been in this community for a long time, there are many legends out there. Smile
09-06-2016 08:52 AM
Entity1037 Offline
Registered

I found another fangame for you... and it's quite... something...

Mega Man X9: Elf Wars

Art looks okay, ambitious for a fangame, and nothing looks too horrible at first...
Main Page with download here.

It's apparently completed, though it's all in Spanish.

Seems to be using the amazing x9 concept art and designs from ultimatemaverickx.
Here's a link to his x9 boss designs for reference.

But then... there's the gameplay video... and it suddenly looks a lot less awesome...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UYbA5lu4MI

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2016 05:11 PM by Entity1037.)
10-06-2016 05:06 PM
Linzodakatz Offline
Pastman Pot
Registered

(10-06-2016 05:06 PM)Entity1037 Wrote:  I found another fangame for you... and it's quite... something...

Mega Man X9: Elf Wars

Art looks okay, ambitious for a fangame, and nothing looks too horrible at first...
Main Page with download here.

It's apparently completed, though it's all in Spanish.

Seems to be using the amazing x9 concept art and designs from ultimatemaverickx.
Here's a link to his x9 boss designs for reference.

But then... there's the gameplay video... and it suddenly looks a lot less awesome...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UYbA5lu4MI

God, I'm having some bad flashbacks to Mega Man 21XX >u<

Licensed Game=Cash In

Well, most of the time anywho

-Linzo
10-06-2016 05:17 PM
Entity1037 Offline
Registered

(10-06-2016 05:17 PM)Linzodakatz Wrote:  God, I'm having some bad flashbacks to Mega Man 21XX >u<

Looked up some gameplay. OH BOY THAT EJJ THO. Talk about out of style, even if some of those images aren't that horrible if you take them out of the context of an actual game. And then it has horrible eternal jumping where you accelerate WAY too fast, and you jump way too high. But then, the actual art once you get in game takes a nose dive!

Also random OCs that look like they belong in marvel. wat

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2016 05:25 PM by Entity1037.)
10-06-2016 05:24 PM
Thojoewhit Offline
Regular Joe
Registered

I'm glad that this page exists.Now people can play fangames from the past, present and future!

I'm blue dabodedabodi
I'm cyan dabodedabodi
-Megaman
10-06-2016 05:25 PM
Linzodakatz Offline
Pastman Pot
Registered

(10-06-2016 05:24 PM)Entity1037 Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 05:17 PM)Linzodakatz Wrote:  God, I'm having some bad flashbacks to Mega Man 21XX >u<

Looked up some gameplay. OH BOY THAT EJJ THO. Talk about out of style, even if some of those images aren't that horrible if you take them out of the context of an actual game. And then it has horrible eternal jumping where you accelerate WAY too fast, and you jump way too high. But then, the actual art once you get in game takes a nose dive!

Also random OCs that look like they belong in marvel. wat

It's like the worst Mega Man X fanfiction ever made

IN VIDEO GAME FORM

Licensed Game=Cash In

-Linzo
10-06-2016 05:27 PM
Entity1037 Offline
Registered

X9 isn't nearly as edgy as 21XX though, but it definitely has that edge in there. I mean look at the axl fight in that gameplay video. There's a scripted event were X goes up to axl, pins him to the ground and just starts punching his face in. Like geeze...

EDIT:
Even edgier is in that same fight there's a scripted event where axl spin sidekicks X and causes him to fling back with his arm tearing off and (a suprisingly low amount of) blood flying out. Even though ROBOTS DON'T HAVE BLOOD. Unless all of the robots in the Mega Man universe secretly have robot-blood or something stupid. Wait... didn't robots in the Japanese version of the Mega Man Zero games have blood when you cut them? OH BOY...

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2016 12:31 AM by Entity1037.)
10-06-2016 05:30 PM
Linzodakatz Offline
Pastman Pot
Registered

(10-06-2016 05:30 PM)Entity1037 Wrote:  X9 isn't nearly as edgy as 21XX though, but it definitely has that edge in there. I mean look at the axl fight in that gameplay video. There's a scripted event were X goes up to axl, pins him to the ground and starts punching his face in. Like geeze...

You know a guy made a character out of character when he punches another character's face in

Licensed Game=Cash In

-Linzo
10-06-2016 05:33 PM
Entity1037 Offline
Registered

I have another rather... entertaining... fangame. It was made by the folks at Sprites Inc themselves (or at least Ace Spark; I'm not sure who else worked on it), though you can't find it in their Games & Media page (probably because they want you to forget about it).

This game is called Zero's Battle Battle Revolution. And it seems to only exist in Sprites Inc's old Game's page (which there isn't a link to anymore, but you can find it if you dig around in html, or go back a path on the Quint's Bomb Rush page).

Link to the old games page.

It's one of those so bad it's good games.

There's also this game called Concentration on that same page, but it's just some card game. It was probably a test project or something.

EDIT:
It was apparently made by AceSpark when he was twelve.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2016 06:37 PM by Entity1037.)
10-06-2016 06:00 PM
Entity1037 Offline
Registered

You put Mega Man Revolution twice.

Also, could you add Mega Man X: Corrupted to that list? It's currently in development and has been for QUITE a long time, but if you look at videos for it you can see that all that development is really paying off. And the developers are relatively good with progress updates, the last one being back in May 3rd (though they try to keep some information to themselves so they don't spoil everything). It looks to be an amazing fangame!

Here's the game's website (though it's pretty inactive).

And here's the developer's facebook page where you can find all of the game's latest updates.

Take your pick.

Also, their YouTube Page if you want to check out all of the gameplay videos.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2016 08:08 PM by Entity1037.)
10-06-2016 07:26 PM