[Fan Game] OH JOES! (A Proto Man Adventure)
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Spike Award
OH JOES! (A Proto Man Adventure)
For better or for worse, Sniper Joes and their ilk are a staple of the Mega Man franchise. Although the official games are good about continually introducing new types of Joes, fangames tend to gravitate toward the same few varieties, and both the official and unofficial games keep using Joes in the same few configurations. How many times have you seen a Joe, with no other enemies or hazards around, blocking your way forward? I say it's time to shake things up.

OH JOES! (A Proto Man Adventure) sends Proto Man on a mission to reclaim his stolen Proto Shield from a fortress full of Joes. This isn't a typical fangame with a stage select and eight Robot Masters to choose from; this is an exploration of the untapped potential of an iconic enemy type. The game is relatively short, but difficult enough to keep you busy for an afternoon...and per the feedback I've heard about "Maze of Death" and my Mega Man Endless levels, there's a big emphasis on learning curve, and checkpoints and power-ups are plentiful. OH JOES! is designed for hardcore fans like me, but I want it to be accessible to everyone.

Status as of November 14, 2017:

The game is technically finished, and anything that's left to do is either a bonus feature or something to make the game a little more professional. I plan to release the game before the end of the year; if there's anything left to do by then that was intended for the initial release, it will be added into a future update.

Features:
- Stable game engine (based on Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest 1, with programming assistance from Blyka, Entity1037, Renhoek, SnoruntPyro, and WreckingPrograms)
- Original music by CosmicGem, Jasper Valentine, MiniMacro, RushJet1, and Flashman85
- Fully scripted intro cutscene (artwork of some kind yet to be added)
- 4 levels, with multiple paths and a few secrets, including JOES letters to collect
- 7 types of Joes and around a dozen hazards from Mega Man 1-10
- Three playable characters—Proto Man, Break Man, and an unlockable secret character—each with their own unique characteristics and weapon selection
- Three meaningfully different difficulty settings, which also slightly impact the ending you get
- Customizable controls and charge shot SFX; optional Energy Balancer
- Game Over screen with randomized gameplay tips
- Save system that remembers the current stage and how many lives and tanks you have; option to save and quit at any time
- Alternate language options (planned)

Screenshots:

[Image: OHJOES_01.png]

[Image: OHJOES_02.png]

[Image: OHJOES_03.png]

[Image: OHJOES_09.png]

[Image: OHJOES_09.png]

[Image: OHJOES_04.png]

[Image: OHJOES_05.png]

[Image: OHJOES_06.png]

[Image: OHJOES_07.png]

[Image: OHJOES_08.png]

No matter where you go, there you are.
(This post was last modified: 14-11-2017 06:29 PM by Flashman85.)
24-11-2016 07:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
OH JOES! (A Proto Man Adventure) - Flashman85 - 24-11-2016 07:15 AM