Mega Man V Colorization
RushJet1 Offline
Registered

Mega Man V Colorization
Hey, I've found en emulator that lets you colorize old GB games and have started on colorizing Mega Man V. For starters, I colored in Mega Man with his NES colors (and made it work on the GB, the sprites are slightly different), as well as a few enemies in Mercury's stage and Mercury himself. I got the Mercury (and several other stardroid) recolors from Bonglorio's thread here.

I was wondering if anyone wants to help with the colorization of this game. Basically just post images of your colorization of the graphics and I can import it into the emulator's system for colorization. I intend to do a music playthrough of this game and wanted to have it be in color for that video, but it's a lot of work and I'm not really a graphics guy.

Some basic guidelines: I basically want the game to look close to the NES games, but the NES palette isn't strictly adhered to. I also want the colors to look like they belong - ie not what Capcom was doing with MMV in "Mega Man Mania" which seemed to just slap a bunch of bright colors on things, because hey, it's in color now.

[Image: MMMania_screen1.jpg]
(an example of what I don't want to see)

[Image: oc.png]
My first mockup for colorization - probably would change a few things (and the red background isn't really feasible)

This is a video of where I am now. None of the backgrounds are done.

Mercury's stage select image. The Capcom art for this differs from the sprite so that's why the blue chestplate.

Note that I am not really set on keeping the colors I've chosen so far (except for the bird enemy, I like that one, Capcom's version is a dark purple for some reason). Hopefully people will be interested in helping!

Oh and the emulator is GBE+. I'm working with the dev of the emulator to fix bugs with it and reduce the game's slowdown potentially.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2017 05:03 AM by RushJet1.)
11-11-2017 05:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Mega Man V Colorization - RushJet1 - 11-11-2017 05:00 AM
RE: Mega Man V Colorization - Wave - 14-11-2017, 06:47 AM
RE: Mega Man V Colorization - RushJet1 - 14-11-2017, 11:49 AM
RE: Mega Man V Colorization - CosmicGem - 14-11-2017, 01:06 PM
RE: Mega Man V Colorization - RushJet1 - 14-11-2017, 01:34 PM
RE: Mega Man V Colorization - CosmicGem - 14-11-2017, 10:29 PM
RE: Mega Man V Colorization - N-Mario - 15-11-2017, 01:55 AM
RE: Mega Man V Colorization - RushJet1 - 15-11-2017, 07:40 AM
RE: Mega Man V Colorization - Wave - 15-11-2017, 08:11 AM