Megaman Discussion MM Stage Screen Counts (Official+Fangames)
Mick Galbani Offline
Fanthulhu
Super Moderators

Revo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorTetris AwardRoll Caskett AwardBeat AwardQuill Award
MM Stage Screen Counts (Official+Fangames)
So, as some of you on the chat are aware, one day I was bored and/or crazy enough to go back and count out about how many rooms, or 'screens' each stage in the various Mega Man fangames actually were as well as the official games, and I found some rather interesting things.

Stages marked with (H) are "Hatch Stages". This is where the Robot Master rematches end up, which usually creates a slight screen count boost. Stages marked with (E) are "Ending Stages". These are stages that usually occur after the rematches, and are often hidden and incredibly short.

As a note, what these counts cover is the primary route through each stage, meaning it doesn't (usually) tackle optional detours, but any backtracking through screens you've already been over is accounted for.

Official Games

Official screen averages in the 8-bit NES style (For reference)

Robot Master Stages = 25 screens
Fortress Stages (With Hatch and Ending Stages) = 19 screens
Fortress Stages (Without Hatch and Ending Stages) = 21 screens

Fan Games

[/b]
This information forms a useful comparison that you can use. Generally speaking I've found that a LOT of fangames goof up with this thing, even on things like having the fortresses shorter on average, with a few surprising exceptions. Why? I have no idea, but maybe you have your own conclusions you can draw from this.

That being said, don't take this as an end-all be-all thing either. You can have screen counts within the general average, but have stages that are longer than the average MM level, and vice-versa. There is far more to level length than the screen counts, they're just the technical end of things.
(This post was last modified: 21-10-2017 12:43 AM by Mick Galbani.)
05-09-2014 06:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
MM Stage Screen Counts (Official+Fangames) - Mick Galbani - 05-09-2014 06:26 PM
RE: Fangame Screen Counts - CosmicGem - 29-02-2016, 01:12 PM
RE: Fangame Screen Counts - The Stove Guy - 29-02-2016, 10:21 PM
RE: Fangame Screen Counts - Scorpio - 01-03-2016, 04:26 AM
RE: Fangame Screen Counts - CosmicGem - 02-03-2016, 02:23 AM
RE: Fangame Screen Counts - Mick Galbani - 02-03-2016, 06:19 PM
RE: Fangame Screen Counts - The Stove Guy - 03-03-2016, 01:34 PM
RE: Fangame Screen Counts - Smedis2 - 03-03-2016, 02:24 PM
RE: Fangame Screen Counts - Blyka - 03-03-2016, 05:36 PM