American Football
RabidScotty Offline
Old Untalented Bastard
Registered

American Football
Talk about the NFL, NCAA, or whatever American football things you can think of here. I have a feeling I'm going to post this, and it's going to immediately die, like everything I touch or look at funny, but we'll go ahead and post it anyway.

So, to start us off...

I'm a Browns fan, which means I'm constantly getting my hopes crushed and I suffer from delusions and depression. All of my favorite people leave me.

What teams does everybody like/support?

Functioning poorly since 1992.
13-08-2012 06:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rhythm Offline
Rhythm is Gonna Get Ya
Co-Admin

Booblight AwardAuto AwardRush AwardBeat AwardTempo AwardInafune AwardAce AwardC^2 Super Moderator AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorDeadchat AwardSaga AwardBnG Award
RE: American Football
Patriots fan here. And no, I'm not a bandwagoneer who jumped on the recent successes of the team. I certainly remember the futile years before Parcells showed up. Lots of high hopes for the season this year. Can't wait for the regular season to start!!

[Image: 67617b7e1d6Ur.png]
13-08-2012 12:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kairags Offline
help
Registered

Haha, figured scotty was the one to start this thread.

Panthers fan. Been one since like, forever. Sat through the 1-15s and 2-14s. Cam gives us hope but our defense is still a question mark.

[Image: tumblr_ludcwbHpgs1qeumowo2_500.gif]

whyivisitinc.gif

Youtube/Twitter/Tumblr/Devlog thing maybe
13-08-2012 03:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LeagueofDevack Offline
Nyan Cat Overlord
Beta Tester

Lions fan. Even sat through that horrible 0-16 season. And things are looking up for the team after last season with Suh and Johnson, and seeing some of the new guys in action on Thursday. (We lost, but we put up one hell of a fight.)

(11:58:31) Ryo_Hazaki crushes Lamda's head with a mallet Gallager-style.
(11:58:48) Lamda_Bamda: Ryo, I know I shouldn't, but I love you for that.

(13:31:29) Valo: why the name change into something even dumber
(13:34:04) LeagueofDevack: This coming from the guy who went from "NeoMan" to a self-insert.
(13:34:13) The_Walrus: SHOTS FIRED
13-08-2012 04:15 PM
RabidScotty Offline
Old Untalented Bastard
Registered

What is it with us guys and loving the losers before they win? How the hell does that happen?

Anyone have any thoughts on Jonathan Vilma of the Saints taking Goodell to court?

13-08-2012 05:26 PM
RabidScotty Offline
Old Untalented Bastard
Registered

Alright, so this just barely qualifies as relevant and worthy of posting, but if any of you guys aren't able to watch your teams in your neck of the woods, or some of you European guys are curious about the American corruption of your footy, I would recommend this site here...

The First Row

This is a live-stream site that carries all the games playing on any given day. Ads aren't intolerable and can be closed quickly, and the stream is almost as fluid as watching on television. Right now they cover all the preseason games in the NFL as they air and there are some other sports to check out too (mostly weird English-y type games, like Soccer and Cricket.). Just a good way to spend an afternoon.

also, the result of boredom... Football fan stereotypes!

Patriots fan: A woman who finds Tom Brady sexy, or a guy who likes teams that win. Small chance of being an old fan who suffered for years to watch his team be a contender.

Jets fan: Angry.

Eagles fan: Angrier

Raiders fan: Frothing lunatic 1 out of 7 days a week, or woman who likes people with a rap sheet.

Browns fan: Depressed, delusional, and tires of people quickly.

Saints fan: Katrina victim. Also a fan of the underdog. Possibly in the same boat as the Patriot fan of old.

Bengals fan: Lives in Ohio and has an extensive criminal record.

Steelers fan: Says strange words, like yinz, and really likes beer. Is disappointed by the lack of cheerleaders.

Ravens fan: Old Browns fan, or Old Colts fan. Or thugs. Probably the last one.

Denver fan: Is either incredibly excited that Peyton Manning is now the quarterback, or a fundamentalist Christian who is mad that Tim Tebow is now a Jet.

Colts fan: Newly Alcoholic.

Lions fan: Newly Sober.

Giants fan: Aggravating. Is completely oblivious as to how mentally dysfunctional they are. Has become worse with recent Super Bowl wins.

Falcons fan: Recovering crack addict.

Packers fan: Immune to cold weather and embarrassment. Also probably finds Aaron Rodgers smexy. It's the beard.

Possibly more later.

(This post was last modified: 17-08-2012 07:50 AM by RabidScotty.)
17-08-2012 06:52 AM
Kairags Offline
help
Registered

Um, not sure if first row is the best thing to post since it is kind of illegal.

also falcons fans lol

whyivisitinc.gif

17-08-2012 11:44 PM
RabidScotty Offline
Old Untalented Bastard
Registered

Everybody's all picking on megaupload, and ROMs sites are the only things the site handbook mentions. I think we're okay. If more people disagree I can certainly remove it. There are a lot of places that claim to stream games and I know people look for them, so I figured I should give you guys a safe one.

More team stereotypes.

Bears fans: Sound funny, hate QBs. Love to yell very loudly for no discernible reason.

Chiefs fans: Orgasming at the thought of their roster. Should they fail to make the playoffs, will be calling for the head of Matt Cassel on the end of a pike.

Chargers fans: Will kill Nate Kaeding if he misses another playoff field goal. Gets crazy blitzed towards the middle of December.

Bills fans: Sad face. That is all.

18-08-2012 02:53 AM
LeagueofDevack Offline
Nyan Cat Overlord
Beta Tester

do one for Miami. Piss off my step-uncle.

(13:34:04) LeagueofDevack: This coming from the guy who went from "NeoMan" to a self-insert.
18-08-2012 03:15 AM
RabidScotty Offline
Old Untalented Bastard
Registered

Miami fans: Cuban immigrants who only know how to say "Miami", or a dude who wishes he'd spent the last decade in a coma.

BONUS EDIT:

Cowboys fans: Big hats, gold belt buckles, a cousin fetish and a ruthless ignorance of how awful their team is.

(This post was last modified: 18-08-2012 04:16 AM by RabidScotty.)
18-08-2012 04:08 AM
Franklin Offline
Registered

I'm disappointed in Jack Locker's performance tonight. I want him to be the Titans' starting QB.
18-08-2012 05:19 AM
RabidScotty Offline
Old Untalented Bastard
Registered

Based on that performance, I think you'll be better off with Matt Hasselbeck anyway. Give him another year, or half a season. He'll be good to go.

18-08-2012 07:28 PM
Kairags Offline
help
Registered

I dunno, Locker's the future, not Hasselbeck. Best to see what they have with him now.

whyivisitinc.gif

19-08-2012 12:18 AM
RabidScotty Offline
Old Untalented Bastard
Registered

I guess it'll depend on whether the Titans want him to learn on the bench or on the field. Off-topic slightly, who here knows who Danica Patrick is? Most of us? Kay. Who can believe the crazy awful luck this poor girl has? Motherfucker throws a shoe onto the track, and of course she hits it, and of course it damages her track bar, WHILE SHE'S ACTUALLY LEADING. Finishes 27th. WTF.

19-08-2012 03:24 AM
SerenityInFire Offline
Still Here
Registered

Calvin Johnson is the best WR in all of football right now. He is practically uncoverable and will catch anything that is thrown his way. He's honestly like the new Sterling Sharpe.

Anyway, I'm a Packers fan, and I'm really hoping for a better defensive line this year. Jarius Wynn and CJ Wilson are terrible, and so is Erik Walden at Outside Linebacker. I've heard that Nick Perry is doing really well in practice at strong side OLB with Clay Matthews III going back to weak side, so I really hope Jerrel Worthy shows himself to be, well, worthy.
22-08-2012 06:55 PM
RabidScotty Offline
Old Untalented Bastard
Registered

Calling calvin johnson the new sterling sharpe in an insult to calvin johnson. Sterling Sharpe was awesome, but Calvin Johnson is always open. Even when there are three men around him. And really, it's because they are almost as good at recieving, but Calvin Johnson can catch a ball 14 feet up.

(This post was last modified: 25-08-2012 12:47 AM by RabidScotty.)
25-08-2012 12:45 AM
LeagueofDevack Offline
Nyan Cat Overlord
Beta Tester

(25-08-2012 12:45 AM)RabidScotty Wrote:  Calling calvin johnson the new sterling sharpe in an insult to calvin johnson. Sterling Sharpe was awesome, but Calvin Johnson is always open. Even when there are three men around him. And really, it's because they are almost as good at recieving, but Calvin Johnson can catch a ball 14 feet up.

Agreed. Johnson is like a magnet for pigskins. Between him and Suh, I'm surprised the Lions didn't do better. Hell, they started at 5-0 last season, especially in Week 3 where they didn't just beat the Chiefs, but completely destroyed them. My main problem with Suh, BTW, is that he can't seem to keep out of trouble. If he can fix that issue, there's no stopping him from his maximum potential.

Also, for the stereotypes, some are still needed for the following:

Texans
Jaguars
Titans
Redskins
Vikings
Panthers
Buccaneers
Cardinals
49ers
Seahawks
Rams

25-08-2012 01:03 AM
RabidScotty Offline
Old Untalented Bastard
Registered

All of those teams but the Texans are sad, sad people. For the Texans, see the cowboys, and add a hipster-like counterculture vibe.

Edit: 49ers fans: Old Montana fans, or gays that watch for the innuendo and attractive men.

Edit2: Ryo, if you wanna take a crack at them, your welcome to.

(This post was last modified: 25-08-2012 01:45 AM by RabidScotty.)
25-08-2012 01:42 AM
LeagueofDevack Offline
Nyan Cat Overlord
Beta Tester

Cardinals: Sun-baked, delusionals who can't even figure out where their team's from.

(Seriously, for a few years, the team kept switching between Phoenix and Arizona.)

(This post was last modified: 25-08-2012 03:54 AM by LeagueofDevack.)
25-08-2012 03:53 AM
RabidScotty Offline
Old Untalented Bastard
Registered

(25-08-2012 03:53 AM)Ryo Hazaki Wrote:  Cardinals: Sun-baked, delusionals who can't even figure out where their team's from.

(Seriously, for a few years, the team kept switching between Phoenix and Arizona.)

And St. Louis. Yes, there used to be two St. Louis cardinals, like there used to be two New York Giants. Hence why Boomer Berman keeps calling them the Football Cardinals(or Giants...)

25-08-2012 08:48 AM