Mega Man X: Unit 49
HOLY MOTHER OF PRODUCTIVITY, THREE PAGES IN 26 HOURS.
Now I'm closer to reach where I stopped in the last version of this comic.

Season 1, Chapter 8: The Siege Begins!
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Improvement is a double–edged sword: while you feel bad for not being able to go back and fix everything, it allows you to go forward stronger; and it repeats on and on: it hurts to redo redo and redo, but you know it's always for a good reason.

Quote: "Noot noot." - Saturn, 21XX
One more chapter complete! I'll be updating the Wiki tomorrow with the info from the 7th and 8th chapters. I had fun especially on remaking that Cannon Driver dude retreating and then comparing with the older version of the comic.
Season 1, Chapter 8: The Siege Begins!
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)
Improvement is a double–edged sword: while you feel bad for not being able to go back and fix everything, it allows you to go forward stronger; and it repeats on and on: it hurts to redo redo and redo, but you know it's always for a good reason.

I'm going to make a 3-day pause or something around this to make backgrounds for the next chapter. I didn't decide yet how complex the details of the backgrounds will be, or if I'll use too many 3D/perspective stuff as I did in the paper, so I just can't tell how much time I'll spend.
In other news, two new pages!
This whole thing is turning into a trapception.
Season 1, Chapter 9: Reception Hall
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
I don't know if the panels of the second page are too dark or not, it is intentionally very dark, but the darkness can be exaggerated in some screens.
As always, c+c is welcome.

Good news, the comic is back after a week paused! Now all the backgrounds and sprites are done, at least for the next two areas of this mission.

Season 1, Chapter 10: The Sewers
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)

I'll be introducing new Hunters like Raika and the others I'm working on through this Season, since they'll have importance futurely.

Three new pages (two actually, you'll understand later) are done!
X and Zero continue exploring the castle sewers and engage combat with Neo Maverick troops and residents of the place.
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)

You may notice this page is smaller than usual, that's because I'm testing a new format. The former format was a 1250x1750 image with 4 to 5 panel lines, and this one has irregular height and 2~2,5 "lines". I've already made a poll in DeviantART before starting Mega Man X: Unit 49 and the older format won, but I don't know if people voted based in my comic style.
This new format seems less overwhelming, and I want to know if this way is better. You can compare with the full page (now page 3 and 4) by clicking here.

I'm back with 5 new pages! I'm very close to finish this chapter, then I'll finally reach the part that corresponds the point where I stopped in the first remake.
Page 5 (dA) (SJ)
Page 6 (dA) (SJ)
Page 7 (dA) (SJ)
Page 8 (dA) (SJ)
Page 9 (dA) (SJ)

I'm glad on how these backgrounds are making things flow in the rhythm I wanted, there isn't too much distance between the enemy spots and at the same time they're not so close. I'll be posting the 1x version of all the backgrounds used in this mission for the public, but only after the conclusion of Season 1.

Two last pages of the 10th chapter, which is now completed!
Page 10 (dA) (SJ)
Page 11 (dA) (SJ)
I'm not going to update the Wiki this time, gonna put all the info together with Chapter 11's since they complete each other.
You'll probably be seeing the first boss fight of the comic, and I'm making sure to let X and Zero very damaged so he can stand a chance.

The dialogue in the first panel of page 10 doesn't sound very good. Its very forced.

There is a typo in the third panel on that page as well. X says 'clear the are' rather than 'clear the area.'
Spreading the blue disease...
(03-08-2015, 07:06 AM)Cyanosis Wrote: The dialogue in the first panel of page 10 doesn't sound very good. Its very forced.

There is a typo in the third panel on that page as well. X says 'clear the are' rather than 'clear the area.'
Indeed. I've removed that line from Zero and put the missing letter.

New page is out! I had a busy week again and couldn't make too much, but the good news is that I've finally reached where I stopped in the first remake! It's ironic that this point was reached exactly in the 49th page.

Season 1, Chapter 11: Cat and Mice
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)

I guess you can easily find out who's going to be the boss.

New page done, this took longer to make because I was sick and also waiting my brother to make some new poses for Ebony Wildrat and Ivory Labrat.

Page 2 (dA) (SJ)

I've unintentionally written "dealer" as if it was a real name, and only then I discovered that this could be another reference to the alternate universe. I never finished any game of the Star Force series, but I know that the Dealer works with Noise stuff, which is practically the same thing of the jammers, with the exception that the jammers can only screw with reploids since they're made of solid matter and not electromagnetic waves.

Thanks to some black magic, I managed to make 4 pages in less than 24 hours. I could still make one or even two more today, but I got other things to do.

Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)
Page 5 (dA) (SJ)

If you think Sewer Jailrat's only role in the whole thing is to make the Maverick Hunters lose even more time, you're right.

Two new pages done, and now the rat cornering process begins.

Page 6 (dA) (SJ)
Page 7 (dA) (SJ)

Two more pages done, and the next ones will be the ending of the fight.
Page 8 (dA) (SJ)
Page 9 (dA) (SJ)
I didn't think about the chains initially, but I just saw they were scattered in the background and gave then an usage LOL

Page 10 (dA) (SJ)
Page 11 (dA) (SJ)
Page 12 (dA) (SJ)
Page 13 (dA) (SJ)

The 11th Chapter and first boss fight of the comic is finished! Now it's time for a real talk.
I don't have an idea about how missions and boss fights should be presented in a sprite comic, so I really need to know your opinion on this.
  1. Do you think I should shorten the stage progressing (Hunters battling with the stage enemies and exploring the place) to make it less boring or things are good in this rhythm?
  2. Still related to the flow in the stage progressing, do you think the speeches/dialogues are excessive in that case?
  3. About the number of Maverick Hunters: do you think that having more than two Hunters in the same stage will make things "squeezed"? Take Parade as an example if you want, though I consider it as a "cutscene" rather than a "stage".
  4. Any other thing you would like to suggest or ask about.
Answering this questionnaire is a great help to me, as it will influence on how things will work from now on.

The Wikia is updated, spent three days writing all the new info and filling the missing/incomplete articles, and trust me it was a lot of shit I had to write in this update.

New Articles
I'd recommend the reading of the Great Neo Maverick War article, since it's a shortened version of the comic's story focusing only on Saturn's plot and the war, and I've also put some information not yet mentioned in the series there.

I'll be taking a day of break before working on the stuff for the 12th chapter, because my fingers are aching.

I have been busy for the last week due to exhausting school stuff, but now I'm back. I was expecting more people to answer that questionnaire, but I'll just move on.

Season 1, Chapter 12: Factory Problems
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)

X and Zero will take a rest while reporting the mission, you'll see them again soon - now the two U49 Hunters enter the scene! You can check a preview of the stage that I posted a few months ago if you want to have an idea of how things will be in this mission.

Haven't updated these days for the same reason stated before, I was also continuing other projects. I'll try to speed up my productivity so I can finish Season 1 this month or in the next one.

Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)

TL;DR: we got an Axl 2.0. and that infernal subboss from Sting Chameleon in steroids.

Page 4 (dA) (SJ)
Page 5 (dA) (SJ)

Finally putting in action these thematic enemies, and it seems the monkey-cannon-king dude is on the lead of the place.

Page 6 (dA) (SJ)
Page 7 (dA) (SJ)

This week was very unproductive, but at least I managed to make two pages. Dunno if I'll be able to speed up my rhythm in the next days, but this stage is near its end.