Mega Man X: Unit 49
Productivity seems to be coming back: two new pages and I'm done with this chapter.

Season 1, Chapter 12: Factory Problems
Page 8 (dA) (SJ)
Page 9 (dA) (SJ)

Gotta admit that changing the position of these grabbers in the cycle every panel was tiresome, but in the end the result was better than I expected.
Improvement is a double–edged sword: while you feel bad for not being able to go back and fix everything, it allows you to go forward stronger; and it repeats on and on: it hurts to redo redo and redo, but you know it's always for a good reason.

Quote: "Noot noot." - Saturn, 21XX
Okay, just finished that wallpaper huge panel and I hope that it will give you some hype for this boss fight.

Season 1, Chapter 13: Forgotten Monstrosity
Page 1 (dA)(SJ)

Gonna update this thread after the next four pages, it can take some days or not, it will all depend on my productivity and how fast I'll finish my other stuff in this break.
Improvement is a double–edged sword: while you feel bad for not being able to go back and fix everything, it allows you to go forward stronger; and it repeats on and on: it hurts to redo redo and redo, but you know it's always for a good reason.

Somehow I managed to calc exactly how much pages it would take to finish this chapter. The last panels let what happens next very implicit because I'm trying to be objective.

Season 1, Chapter 13: Forgotten Monstrosity
Page 2 (dA)(SJ)
Page 3 (dA)(SJ)
Page 4 (dA)(SJ)
Page 5 (dA)(SJ)

I'll try to finish the backgrounds for the last area of this Season before this weekend, but I can't guarantee the next chapter is coming soon.

(12-10-2015, 12:15 AM)Saturn Wrote: I'll try to finish the backgrounds for the last area of this Season before this weekend, but I can't guarantee the next chapter is coming soon.

I was VERY optimistic. It actually took three weeks, but now everything's ready and the last mission of this season is starting.

Season 1, Chapter 14: Royal Blockades
Page 1 (dA)(SJ)
Page 2 (dA)(SJ)

Just when my productivity was starting to come back, school decides to attack again and I'm probably losing part of my free time in the next two weeks. I don't know if this will affect the updates.

Page 3 (dA)(SJ)
Page 4 (dA)(SJ)
Page 5 (dA)(SJ)

Well, I was tired the whole week but managed to make three pages in this weekend.

Page 6 (dA)(SJ)
Page 7 (dA)(SJ)
Page 8 (dA)(SJ)

Almost reaching the last boss of this season. From there, things will get darker and I'll also open the bridge to make the "pre-comic" story before starting Season 2, where I'll explain the past of the characters (though some things will be left unexplained so I can retake them later in an opportune moment).

I'm back with the rest of this chapter!

Page 9 (dA)(SJ)
Page 10 (dA)(SJ)
Page 11 (dA)(SJ)
Page 12 (dA)(SJ)
Page 13 (dA)(SJ)
Page 14 (dA)(SJ)

I wanted to get to the next boss fight way much earlier, but real-life problems have delayed things for more than two weeks. Anyway, I'm satisfied with the way these chapters are going and I'm finding the space I need to plant the "seeds" (and even some headcanon like the explanation in page 12-14) that will be used soon or very late in the story.

These pages were planned from the beginning, but I decided to put them on a separated chapter from the boss fight.

Season 1, Chapter 15: Birth of a Plagiarist
Page 1 (dA)(SJ)
Page 2 (dA)(SJ)

Speaking of boss fights, I'll be fighting the final bosses of the school in the next weeks and that should (it will) interfere the production rate. Still, I want this arc to end before January.

In the last 10 days I've started to make a "prototype" version of the next three chapters to know what changes/additions would be necessary in the sprites/backgrounds/script, also picked a few people to read it and tell me their thoughts, this way the final version will have the least flaws possible.
The proto-16th chapter was finished with 18 pages and I'm expecting to make at least 10 more for the 17th and 18th. Even though redoing them will be faster since I'll know exactly how things are going to be, there are still too many pages and it will take some weeks to be finished.

I am very satisfied with how things went almost in the way I was imagining months ago, so I'm looking forward to show you as soon as possible. Have a little and blurry preview image of the 16th chapter:
[Image: mmx_u49___s01ch16__orchestra_of_lights__...9k1tum.png]

Also, I forgot to say that the comic's title image has been changed after one year, and this one will be definitive. The former was too small and ugly and wasn't matching with my current skills.

See you soon or not!

I didn't want to spend another holiday season making comics intensively, but I said I want to finish this before January so I might pull around 20 pages in five days.

Season 1, Chapter 16: Orchestra of Lights
Page 1 (dA)(SJ)
Page 2 (dA)(SJ)
Page 3 (dA)(SJ)
Page 4 (dA)(SJ)
Page 5 (dA)(SJ)

Now the final battle of this season begins, I hope you enjoy it!

I was hoping to post the 15th page today, but the 14th serves as a cliffhanger as well.

Page 6 (dA)(SJ)
Page 7 (dA)(SJ)
Page 8 (dA)(SJ)
Page 9 (dA)(SJ)
Page 10 (dA)(SJ)
Page 11 (dA)(SJ)
Page 12 (dA)(SJ)
Page 13 (dA)(SJ)
Page 14 (dA)(SJ)

I should be able to finish this chapter tomorrow, but not the fight.

Okay, after forcing myself for a week I finally finished the 16th chapter. The reason for all this rush is because I want to finish the Season 1 still in January and use what's left of my vacation to do something else than this comic.

Page 15 (dA)(SJ)
Page 16 (dA)(SJ)
Page 17 (dA)(SJ)
Page 18 (dA)(SJ)

I plan to start posting the next chapters this weekend, but there's always something to delay my progress so I can't tell exactly when this mission will be over.

Now's the part where the fight suddenly stops and a flashback begins. It's actually important tho, since readers' judgement on Kran could be very different without his backstory.

Season 1, Chapter 17: Chain Vengefulness
Page 1 (dA)(SJ)
Page 2 (dA)(SJ)
Page 3 (dA)(SJ)
Page 4 (dA)(SJ)
Page 5 (dA)(SJ)

Flashback chapter is completed, now I'm ready to finish this fight. More info in the page descriptions.

Season 1, Chapter 17: Chain Vengefulness
Page 6 (dA)(SJ)
Page 7 (dA)(SJ)
Page 8 (dA)(SJ)
Page 9 (dA)(SJ)
Page 10 (dA)(SJ)

Phew, after one month the fight is over.

Season 1, Chapter 18: Shattered Shine
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)
Page 5 (dA) (SJ)
Page 6 (dA) (SJ)
Page 7 (dA) (SJ)

I put at lot on effort in this last page, I hope you like it.

In a few days I'll start the finale of this season and start the long preparations for the pre-comic arc that comprehends more than a decade of backstory of the U49, as well as how the villain became what he's today. Obviously I'll try to sum everything to not spend too much time working on it, since I'm looking forward to start the second season as soon as possible.
Even though the individual combats might not be intense as this boss fight was, the conflict between the rising Neo Maverick Army and the Government's forces will start for real.

PS: I'M GOING TO UPDATE THE WIKI AFTER THE SEASON FINALE I PROMISE

And here's the Season Finale!

Season 1, Chapter 19: The Evil Settles Up
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)
Page 5 (dA) (SJ)

Took a few months longer than I expected, but after 133 pages the first season of Mega Man X: Unit 49 is finished! Before I go spend the rest of my vacation writing dozens of articles for the outdated Wiki, I need your feedback more than ever.

1. Regarding the size of the page. I've already decided that three rows (four occasionally) of panels are a good format, but some times I have to reduce the size of panels so they'll fit in the row. Do you think it's okay if I increase the width of the pages? The current size is 1250px, I would feel more comfortable using around 1400px.

2. In terms of technique and storywise, what's the best point of my comics? What I'm lacking of?

3. The essential story is already written, but there's a lot of space to fill with new ideas! Maybe a good fitting suggestion could be used some day. What would you like to see in Mega Man X: Unit 49?

4. In one week the last year of high school will start, and adult life is also coming very close. I like so much making this comic, but I REALLY put a lot of effort and time on this, leaving me too busy to do other things and even study. A friend recommended me to sign up on Patreon or a similar site and start raising donations, like the guy in charge of SMBZ recently did. Nintendo shut down his project, but I think that's not breaking the fair use law, the public is just donating to him and not buying SMBZ.
    Knowing Capcom isn't a dick with fan projects like Nintendo and I don't have so much notoriety, if I started a project on Patreon, would you back it? I also need some kind of reward for the people, and that would be showing them days or a week before releasing on DeviantArt and SmackJeeves. That would also require a publishing schedule. Would you agree with that? Any other suggestions for the rewards?

5. (Regarding the first statements of the fourth topic) I currently only have my brother helping me with sprites (e.g. Sewer Jailrat and CTI-026 Gladius), but I still have an overwhelming quantity of work and that delays even more the production of the pages. If you are a spriter that is learning or is already experienced with the Mega Man X Playstation style and would like to help the project, please contact me through a private message. I will be eternally grateful for this and your name will be linked in the credits of every appearance of your works.

6. There's a "Featured Art" section in the DeviantArt journal of this comic, where I'm putting some drawings of the comic and and fanarts. Please notify me if you've made anything, so I can add it to the journal and the main post of this topic. Also, if I find the right situation your drawing can be part of the comic!

7. That's the least important topic for now, but I was thinking of starting a YouTube channel with a monthly dev vlog of the comic, containing Q&A and etc. I'd make some effort to speak english in a video if you watch it.

Yeah, that's a lot. No need to bother answering all of them if you don't feel there's something to add.

As shown in the previous page, the Neo Maverick Army is not only made of a few commanders and mass produced units. There are plenty of rebel and common Reploids that decided to turn against mankind for one last time and designing every single one of them takes a lot of time. I'm thinking of opening some kind of "Submit Your Maverick", so people can send their characters. However, I'll have to establish some rules. I might post something about this soon.

By the way, I'll revive my gallery topic with a bunch of backgrounds used in the comic as soon as I finish adapting them for public use.

I forgot to say here that the comic is currently on a hiatus because I don't have what is needed (yet) to continue. I want to get back to producing things around May, so this topic will become a little more ded than it already is.

In the last three weeks I've been slowly updating all the articles of the wikia, and now I regret accumulating so much stuff to write over these months x-x

New Articles/Relevant Updates And also the remaining chapter articles of Season 1.

And finally, the Submit Your Maverick I mentioned in the last post:

[Image: mmx_u49___submit_your_maverick___update_...9x8j1y.png]

If you have any old Mega Man X fan character that is currently unused, it could be of some help for me.

Your first post's link doesn't seem to work, I had to google search.
[Image: iZwWp.png]
(04-04-2016, 07:03 AM)Wkay Wrote: Your first post's link doesn't seem to work, I had to google search.
For some reason, apostrophes popped out from nowhere and were causing links to break. They are supposed to be fixed now.

So far I got five Submit Your Maverick submissions and I'll try to finish spriting all of them as soon as possible. The three I already made are:
Fistfire Lanius [Image: fistfire_lanius_by_saturnthereploid-d9xlg2y.png] by Demintai-Eclipse
Nitrous Marcidus [Image: nitrous_marcidus_spr_by_saturnthereploid-d9xzplx.png] and Whipslash Gulper [Image: whipslash_gulper_by_saturnthereploid-d9y21xd.png] by MegaRed225

I received more submissions in this meantime, some I already sprited and others are still pending.
Ire [Image: ire_by_saturnthereploid-d9ygkpe.png] Voltage Jackal [Image: voltage_jackal_by_saturnthereploid-d9y88fd.png] by Demintai-Eclipse

Katan Overlethal[Image: katan_overlethal_by_saturnthereploid-d9y87o9.png] by MafiPaint

I've been doing some backgrounds too... I mean, LOTS of backgrounds.

[Image: all_what_i_ve_been_doing_in_the_last_fou...abztmy.png]

All these thumbnails are backgrounds I made from late March to this day, in order to proceed with Mega Man X: Unit 49's Season 2. There are five or six more that I've left to make later, because they will not be necessary so soon.
Making almost 50 backgrounds in such a short period (it could have been shorter without delays and fatigue) was the most exhausting task I've ever accepted to do, and now there's another step that is spriting several characters. Then I'll be ready to start comicking. I hope I can at least fulfill the expectations of the readers who have been patiently waiting for an update this long.