Mega Man X: Unit 49
Saturn Online
Irregular
Registered

RE: Mega Man X: Unit 49
I haven't show up many times this year, but now I can finally say that I will become more active and start the comics for Season 2 very soon!

In the last week I remade the Prologue to update Gigantex's sprite, but then I realized that it could use this opportunity to enhance all the texts and images so new readers can have a better first impression. (it's time to read the comic if you haven't yet!!) I'm leaving hyperlinks with the old versions so you can see what changed and how much I evolved since the beginning.

Prologue: Doomsday (Revamped)

Page 1 (dA) (SJ) [OLD]
Page 2 (dA) (SJ) [OLD]
Page 3 (dA) (SJ) [OLD]
Page 4 (dA) (SJ) [OLD]
Page 5 (dA) (SJ) [OLD]
Page 6 (dA) (SJ) [OLD]
Page 7 (dA) (SJ) [OLD]

Also, there have been new submissions in Submit Your Maverick, you can check those in my general art topic.
19-12-2016 03:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Saturn Online
Irregular
Registered

After 10 months, the Season 2 has finally begun! This first arc will show the past twenty years before the current days from the perspective of a scientist that ended up in the main Reploid research center of the 22th century by luck.
While telling his story, I'm also exploring a bit more of the wide lore potential the X series have, beginning from the last years of transition between the old Robot Masters and Reploids.

Season 2, Chapter 1: Unsealing the Past
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)

Season 2, Chapter 2: Troublemaking Prodigy
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)
Page 5 (dA) (SJ)
Page 6 (dA) (SJ)

A Happy New Year for everyone!
02-01-2017 04:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kallisto Offline
Postman
Registered

I got to ask..is he smoking a metallic cigar or is that some kind of Mouth Cannon?
03-01-2017 05:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Saturn Online
Irregular
Registered

(03-01-2017 05:31 AM)Kallisto Wrote:  I got to ask..is he smoking a metallic cigar or is that some kind of Mouth Cannon?
That question is more common than it seems, lol. It is a fire mouth cannon, but he can also pretend he is smoking a metallic cigar if it is his will.

Although all the pages of this new chapter were quick to do, I had several problems between the pages, so it took much longer to publish everything.

Season 2, Chapter 3: Ms. Roemer
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)

The next story fragments will be post-X5, the point where most of the headcanon/expanded lore of the comic begins. I won't show it all this early, though.
26-01-2017 10:05 PM
Saturn Online
Irregular
Registered

While the Earth is devastated by the fall of the space colony, RaDoRB find its way to keep active in the underground. That's when a familiar Reploid comes into scene.

Season 2, Chapter 4: Awareness
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)
Page 5 (dA) (SJ)

Season 2, Chapter 5: Loop of Meanings
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)

I'll start going to the university today, so the production will become a bit slower. It will not be so heavy in the first weeks, so I can still maintain a rate of one page every two or three days, as long as I don't have to make too much new occasional backgrounds and sprites. By the way, I am really looking forward to make the sixth chapter =D
20-02-2017 04:56 PM
Saturn Online
Irregular
Registered

I could made a bunch of new pages for the new chapter, but I still have to see how fast I can keep the production because things will start getting heavy in college in the next week.

Season 2, Chapter 6: Berserk
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)
Page 5 (dA) (SJ)
Page 6 (dA) (SJ)

This chapter may be the most important of the arc and I'm satisfied with how I'm being able to merge canon elements directly with my characters and their story in a coherent way, so I hope you enjoy it too.
04-03-2017 05:53 AM
Saturn Online
Irregular
Registered

It took one month to conclude the chapter but it's done!

Season 2, Chapter 6: Berserk
Page 7 (dA) (SJ)
Page 8 (dA) (SJ)
Page 9 (dA) (SJ)
Page 10 (dA) (SJ)
Page 11 (dA) (SJ)
Page 12 (dA) (SJ)
Page 13 (dA) (SJ)
Page 14 (dA) (SJ)
Page 15 (dA) (SJ)
Page 16 (dA) (SJ)

Since I have defined an interval of two days for each publication, I could maintain an average of 6 pages ahead in production, so Chapter 7 is already finished and will be published over the next week.
24-03-2017 05:06 PM
Saturn Online
Irregular
Registered

This new chapter explains a bit the origins of the New Generation Reploids and the 49th Unit, and also...

Season 2, Chapter 7: A Triumph Before the Disaster
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)
Page 5 (dA) (SJ)
Page 6 (dA) (SJ)

Chapter 8 of 9 is already done, so if everything goes right I'll be able to finish this arc in my estimated time for the first time ever.
05-04-2017 05:28 PM
Kallisto Offline
Postman
Registered

Normally I never read comics, but your comic has interested me these days. I figured Saturn wasn't going to go down easily, but I figured he managed to survive that attack. X, Zero, and Axl will need to finish Saturn off after the X8 arc I'm guessing.

I like how the story neatly fits together in canon without making any real necessary changes.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2017 08:40 PM by Kallisto.)
05-04-2017 08:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Saturn Online
Irregular
Registered

(05-04-2017 08:39 PM)Kallisto Wrote:  Normally I never read comics, but your comic has interested me these days. I figured Saturn wasn't going to go down easily, but I figured he managed to survive that attack. X, Zero, and Axl will need to finish Saturn off after the X8 arc I'm guessing.

I like how the story neatly fits together in canon without making any real necessary changes.

I'm glad to read that! Despite many mistakes and holes of the X series, it has a very large lore potential. Through this arc I tried to link some of the loose dots of the games and fit them with my story.

The penultimate chapter of this arc is complete!
Season 2, Chapter 8: The Chosen Heir
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)
Page 5 (dA) (SJ)
Page 6 (dA) (SJ)
Page 7 (dA) (SJ)
Page 8 (dA) (SJ)

I'm a bit more relaxed with college this week, so I'll be able to make several pages for Chapter 9 and hopefully finish it.
21-04-2017 04:57 PM