Mega Man X: Unit 49
Saturn Offline
Pingu
Registered

RE: Mega Man X: Unit 49
I haven't show up many times this year, but now I can finally say that I will become more active and start the comics for Season 2 very soon!

In the last week I remade the Prologue to update Gigantex's sprite, but then I realized that it could use this opportunity to enhance all the texts and images so new readers can have a better first impression. (it's time to read the comic if you haven't yet!!) I'm leaving hyperlinks with the old versions so you can see what changed and how much I evolved since the beginning.

Prologue: Doomsday (Revamped)

Page 1 (dA) (SJ) [OLD]
Page 2 (dA) (SJ) [OLD]
Page 3 (dA) (SJ) [OLD]
Page 4 (dA) (SJ) [OLD]
Page 5 (dA) (SJ) [OLD]
Page 6 (dA) (SJ) [OLD]
Page 7 (dA) (SJ) [OLD]

Also, there have been new submissions in Submit Your Maverick, you can check those in my general art topic.

Improvement is a double–edged sword: while you feel bad for not being able to go back and fix everything, it allows you to go forward stronger; and it repeats on and on: it hurts to redo redo and redo, but you know it's always for a good reason.

Quote: "Noot noot." - Saturn, 21XX
19-12-2016 03:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Saturn Offline
Pingu
Registered

After 10 months, the Season 2 has finally begun! This first arc will show the past twenty years before the current days from the perspective of a scientist that ended up in the main Reploid research center of the 22th century by luck.
While telling his story, I'm also exploring a bit more of the wide lore potential the X series have, beginning from the last years of transition between the old Robot Masters and Reploids.

Season 2, Chapter 1: Unsealing the Past
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)

Season 2, Chapter 2: Troublemaking Prodigy
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)
Page 5 (dA) (SJ)
Page 6 (dA) (SJ)

A Happy New Year for everyone!

Improvement is a double–edged sword: while you feel bad for not being able to go back and fix everything, it allows you to go forward stronger; and it repeats on and on: it hurts to redo redo and redo, but you know it's always for a good reason.

02-01-2017 04:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kallisto Offline
Postman
Registered

I got to ask..is he smoking a metallic cigar or is that some kind of Mouth Cannon?
03-01-2017 05:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Saturn Offline
Pingu
Registered

(03-01-2017 05:31 AM)Kallisto Wrote:  I got to ask..is he smoking a metallic cigar or is that some kind of Mouth Cannon?
That question is more common than it seems, lol. It is a fire mouth cannon, but he can also pretend he is smoking a metallic cigar if it is his will.

Although all the pages of this new chapter were quick to do, I had several problems between the pages, so it took much longer to publish everything.

Season 2, Chapter 3: Ms. Roemer
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)

The next story fragments will be post-X5, the point where most of the headcanon/expanded lore of the comic begins. I won't show it all this early, though.

26-01-2017 10:05 PM
Saturn Offline
Pingu
Registered

While the Earth is devastated by the fall of the space colony, RaDoRB find its way to keep active in the underground. That's when a familiar Reploid comes into scene.

Season 2, Chapter 4: Awareness
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)
Page 5 (dA) (SJ)

Season 2, Chapter 5: Loop of Meanings
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)

I'll start going to the university today, so the production will become a bit slower. It will not be so heavy in the first weeks, so I can still maintain a rate of one page every two or three days, as long as I don't have to make too much new occasional backgrounds and sprites. By the way, I am really looking forward to make the sixth chapter =D

20-02-2017 04:56 PM
Saturn Offline
Pingu
Registered

I could made a bunch of new pages for the new chapter, but I still have to see how fast I can keep the production because things will start getting heavy in college in the next week.

Season 2, Chapter 6: Berserk
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)
Page 5 (dA) (SJ)
Page 6 (dA) (SJ)

This chapter may be the most important of the arc and I'm satisfied with how I'm being able to merge canon elements directly with my characters and their story in a coherent way, so I hope you enjoy it too.

04-03-2017 05:53 AM
Saturn Offline
Pingu
Registered

It took one month to conclude the chapter but it's done!

Season 2, Chapter 6: Berserk
Page 7 (dA) (SJ)
Page 8 (dA) (SJ)
Page 9 (dA) (SJ)
Page 10 (dA) (SJ)
Page 11 (dA) (SJ)
Page 12 (dA) (SJ)
Page 13 (dA) (SJ)
Page 14 (dA) (SJ)
Page 15 (dA) (SJ)
Page 16 (dA) (SJ)

Since I have defined an interval of two days for each publication, I could maintain an average of 6 pages ahead in production, so Chapter 7 is already finished and will be published over the next week.

24-03-2017 05:06 PM
Saturn Offline
Pingu
Registered

This new chapter explains a bit the origins of the New Generation Reploids and the 49th Unit, and also...

Season 2, Chapter 7: A Triumph Before the Disaster
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)
Page 5 (dA) (SJ)
Page 6 (dA) (SJ)

Chapter 8 of 9 is already done, so if everything goes right I'll be able to finish this arc in my estimated time for the first time ever.

05-04-2017 05:28 PM
Kallisto Offline
Postman
Registered

Normally I never read comics, but your comic has interested me these days. I figured Saturn wasn't going to go down easily, but I figured he managed to survive that attack. X, Zero, and Axl will need to finish Saturn off after the X8 arc I'm guessing.

I like how the story neatly fits together in canon without making any real necessary changes.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2017 08:40 PM by Kallisto.)
05-04-2017 08:39 PM
Saturn Offline
Pingu
Registered

(05-04-2017 08:39 PM)Kallisto Wrote:  Normally I never read comics, but your comic has interested me these days. I figured Saturn wasn't going to go down easily, but I figured he managed to survive that attack. X, Zero, and Axl will need to finish Saturn off after the X8 arc I'm guessing.

I like how the story neatly fits together in canon without making any real necessary changes.

I'm glad to read that! Despite many mistakes and holes of the X series, it has a very large lore potential. Through this arc I tried to link some of the loose dots of the games and fit them with my story.

The penultimate chapter of this arc is complete!
Season 2, Chapter 8: The Chosen Heir
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)
Page 5 (dA) (SJ)
Page 6 (dA) (SJ)
Page 7 (dA) (SJ)
Page 8 (dA) (SJ)

I'm a bit more relaxed with college this week, so I'll be able to make several pages for Chapter 9 and hopefully finish it.

21-04-2017 04:57 PM
Saturn Offline
Pingu
Registered

Here are the first pages of this arc's last chapter.

Season 2, Chapter 9: Ineluctable Demise
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)
Page 5 (dA) (SJ)
Page 6 (dA) (SJ)
Page 7 (dA) (SJ)
Page 8 (dA) (SJ)

I've already finished all the pages and the 25th will be posted around June 10. In this meantime, I will try to finish the stuff for the next arc and hopefully I won't need to make a long break after this.

(This post was last modified: 23-05-2017 06:43 PM by Saturn.)
07-05-2017 05:55 PM
Saturn Offline
Pingu
Registered

Page 9 (dA) (SJ)
Page 10 (dA) (SJ)
Page 11 (dA) (SJ)
Page 12 (dA) (SJ)
Page 13 (dA) (SJ)
Page 14 (dA) (SJ)
Page 15 (dA) (SJ)
Page 16 (dA) (SJ)

I managed to make a bunch of sprites since the last post, but the amount of stuff I need to do is still overwhelming and I must become an one man army if I want to finish everything before June 10th.

Also, the army is getting big.

23-05-2017 06:42 PM
Saturn Offline
Pingu
Registered

With this, the first arc of Season 2 is over.

Page 17 (dA) (SJ)
Page 18 (dA) (SJ)
Page 19 (dA) (SJ)
Page 20 (dA) (SJ)
Page 21 (dA) (SJ)
Page 22 (dA) (SJ)
Page 23 (dA) (SJ)
Page 24 (dA) (SJ)
Page 25 (dA) (SJ)

I will start to update the wikia and prepare the remaining sprites and plans for the next arc in the next weeks, so, for the first time in more than three months, I will break the cycle of 3,5 pages per week.

10-06-2017 04:42 PM
Saturn Offline
Pingu
Registered

After hurting my fingers writing for five days, the MMX:U49 Wiki has been updated with the information about Season 2. Man, I really need to learn how to summarize things better without omitting important info.

New Articles/Relevant Updates And all the current chapters of Season 2.

14-06-2017 07:20 PM
fxfreitas Offline
Regular
Registered

You done Season 2, now is time for some vacation rsrsrs. Well, waiting for your great season 3.

[Image: deviantart_icon_by_fxfreitas-dbc1l2u.png]MY DEVIANT ART
19-06-2017 08:05 PM
Saturn Offline
Pingu
Registered

(19-06-2017 08:05 PM)fxfreitas Wrote:  You done Season 2, now is time for some vacation rsrsrs. Well, waiting for your great season 3.

Actually, that was just the first part of Season 2. The third season should start being published next year.

I have let the comic in a two month "hiatus" while I made a few dozens of pages to make new sprites and backgrounds, also to keep the production ahead of the publishing. If I keep the one page/2 days routine, the comics will only reach where I am now (which is 23 pages ahead) in the middle of October, so I may post pages daily for a period if I feel it's okay to let the publishing catch up a little.

Back to the present, this arc begins with the main characters of both sides reflecting about the consequences of the previous events and plan their next moves, while having to deal with the differences and disagreements of their new allies.

Season 2, Chapter 10: Pawns of Sacrifice
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)
Page 5 (dA) (SJ)
Page 6 (dA) (SJ)

15-08-2017 05:02 PM
Saturn Offline
Pingu
Registered

Remaking the remake pages
Season 1's first chapter, Earth's Army, has been completely redone. The pages were poorly written and I realized the designs of the counsellors were too generic, so I made new members and gave a unique design for each one of them. In addition to that, the reunion hall of the Winter Base also has a new look. The first chapters are essential to catch the interest of new readers imo. Since the old stuff is a little behind my current style, don't be surprised if I redo the third chapter soon.

Season 1, Chapter 1: Earth's Army (V2)
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)

22-08-2017 06:12 AM
Saturn Offline
Pingu
Registered

Mega Man X: Unit 49 now has a Tumblr blog.

Some of those guys Nick Fury Captain Elika spent the whole past season calling to his side finally show up, but they don't really get along well.

Season 2, Chapter 11: The New Hands
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)
Page 5 (dA) (SJ)
Page 6 (dA) (SJ)
Page 7 (dA) (SJ)
Page 8 (dA) (SJ)
Page 9 (dA) (SJ)

02-09-2017 04:35 PM
Saturn Offline
Pingu
Registered

It's been around two weeks since I made the last page and then I stopped because the exams period started and I also needed to make dozens of figurants, so the publishing is almost catching up with the production. Hopefully I will be able to get back to work this weekend.

Season 2, Chapter 12: One Step Ahead
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)

Season 2, Chapter 13: Unpleasant Synchrony
Page 1 (dA) (SJ)
Page 2 (dA) (SJ)
Page 3 (dA) (SJ)
Page 4 (dA) (SJ)

I will be making artworks of some scenes from the comics periodically, here is the first one, from Season 1's Chapter 19: Glad you're back home.

14-09-2017 04:16 PM