Mega Man Revolution Robot Master Redesigns - Phase 1
Thanatos-Zero Offline
Balmarian Mad Scientist
Registered

Iris AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE Contributor
RE: Mega Man Revolution Robot Master Redesigns - Phase 1
There goes Karakato's Blast Woman...
I would have designed for her level a entire new tileset to reflect her being a idol.

Such a shame... The idol, which never came to be.

"That was me as well!"
(Or if you prefer moon speak...)
"SORE MO WATASHI DA!"
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2015 12:22 PM by Thanatos-Zero.)
08-05-2015 12:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blackhook Offline
Gonna get promoted...eventually
SIBRE Alpha Testers

Smash AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorIris Award
I agree with Neo, considering BlastMan was a fire type Navi.

[Image: d82bcef28Chwb.png]
08-05-2015 12:20 PM
Soulephant Offline
He can arrowslide
Registered

Spike AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE Contributor
I have to disagree. First of all... The first name that comes up for a sound based RM is Sound Man. There's a ton of 'em. Second, the whole NetNavi comparison falls askew with Magic Man, who was a stage performer with a wizard for a BN counterpart (which might as well have been called WizardMan). Also, do Slash Man and SlashMan.exe even look alike? In any case, Blast Man conveys the forceful, explosive sound thing rather well. If anyone can come up with something that does a better job at that, I'll gladly concede the point. Right now, however, I don't even see anything broke to fix.

[Image: jWFQYSO.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2015 01:28 PM by Soulephant.)
08-05-2015 01:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Threxx Offline
Postman
Registered

Wedge AwardChiptune AwardRevo Remix Contributor
You could debate names for years. There's nothing here which even suggests that Revo's Blast Man is a reference to BlastMan.EXE, so what's the issue?

Much ado about nothing.

Generally disgruntled composer and Ideas Guy™. Currently directing Mega Man Shattered Diamond.

My media:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Threxx1/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/threxx-danne
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Threxx11
08-05-2015 01:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cyanosis Offline
Harbringer of Glitches
Registered

While, yes, WizardMan.EXE would have worked for MagicMan.EXE I think it's a fair reinterpreting of how to express 'magic.'
Looking super similar to their original RM counterpart wasn't strictly the main goal, even if there was a strong drive to pay homage. (Especially if you look at some of the concepts they were kickin' around.)

I personally don't think of sound when I look at Blast, I think of combustion based explosives. This is namely due to the palette being so warm and his name.

A name I'd put out there is Tremor Man, but that has it's own alternate associations.

Spreading the blue disease...
08-05-2015 01:56 PM
Valo Offline
Nooblet Tour guide
Registered

Iris AwardDeadchat AwardRush AwardUDON AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorZero AwardRubber Mega Man AwardInafune AwardPixel Master Award
@soul. shriekman, boomman, uproarman.

[Image: RF8iZPq.png]
08-05-2015 02:19 PM
Azure-Mage Offline
Loves the smell of Starbucks in the morning
Registered

I think I've got an idea. Why not make a poll with ideal names for MMR's Blast Man? Like maybe Decibel Man or Blare Man?
08-05-2015 03:53 PM
Jexulus Offline
Still Here
Registered

Since I'm probably the biggest BN6 nut here (I've 100% completed the game on three separate occasions), I feel like I should weigh in. It's a name, and it fits. It doesn't "blaspheme" BlastMan.EXE or anything ridiculous like that. Kind of a pointless argument.
08-05-2015 04:00 PM
The Walrus Offline
Watch out when it's in heat
Registered

Reggae Award
[Image: Oh-My-God-Who-The-Hell-Cares-Gif-On-Family-Guy.gif]

[Image: HCPYAjr.gif]
08-05-2015 04:42 PM
Azure-Mage Offline
Loves the smell of Starbucks in the morning
Registered

Anywho, regarding my entry for Blast Woman, her design wasn't exactly as good as the other designs for Blast Man (as well as Karakato's Blast Woman, his entry I like more than my entry, believe it or not), her being a mere headswap of ol' Blasty with a lanky body and all.

Oh, and congrats to Æon. I must say, you've done quite a good job making Blast Man more dynamic when it comes to his posing, rather than his original stiff-looking stance.
08-05-2015 06:34 PM
Mick Galbani Offline
Fanthulhu
Super Moderators

Revo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorTetris AwardRoll Caskett AwardBeat AwardQuill AwardRush AwardSmash Award
Wow...surprising amount of discussion on Blast's name. I'm not going to say much of anything about it personally, but I will point out that such discussion would be better held during phase 2, as that's when we really start ironing out kinks like that.

Also, in regards to an earlier comment on scoring. While I can understand how small spriting errors may have a bit of a sway, the winners that we have honestly prove that such isn't really the case. There is only one category thus far where the judges as a whole felt other concepts were of at least equal quality to the winner we chose. Otherwise, the ones with the highest concept scores were the ones who won. Including the category I'm about to post.

So anyway, with those things (hopefully) addressed. Onward to the Storm results. I will admit this one was only finalized, like, a few minutes from when I started typing this up.

STORM MAN CATEGORY RESULTS

Azure-Mage's Feedback (Click to View)

Soulephant's Feedback (Click to View)

Karakato's Feedback (Click to View)

Lamda's Feedback (Click to View)

Zynk's Feedback (Click to View)

MidniteW's Feedback (Click to View)

NDraxian0's Feedback (Click to View)

Final Scores (Click to View)

And that's that for Storm. Really sorry about the later posting here, this one took a little longer for us to score. Congratulations to all of our entrants, and congratulations to our winner! It was actually very interesting to see how this one unfolded, honestly. Anyway, we have no idea when we will have Saw Man done, but we will do our best to get his category done in a timely manner.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2015 10:30 PM by Mick Galbani.)
08-05-2015 06:45 PM
Mick Galbani Offline
Fanthulhu
Super Moderators

Revo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorTetris AwardRoll Caskett AwardBeat AwardQuill AwardRush AwardSmash Award
Well, this has been a long time coming, I do apologize for the wait, but this took a little bit for us to figure out.

So, I am going to frank with all of you, regarding Saw Man, most of the designs were considered to be not quite the quality we wanted them to be, which I admit that might've been because we had guidelines that were more restrictive than necessary. To add to this, most of the designs had very similar scores, and the judges were not really a unified front on who we thought should win at all.

In light of this, we have made the decision to REOPEN Saw Man's category to allow for folks to revamp and resumbit their entries. I'm currently in the midst of making a new topic for this, with new, less restrictive guidelines for the designs, as well as the feedback that all of the designs received from the judges.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2015 07:03 PM by Mick Galbani.)
09-05-2015 07:02 PM
Zynk Offline
An Indecisive Slacker
Registered

Revo Remix Contributor
Congrats to everyone who got their designs picked!

I'm glad that my Sand Man design (aka Sheriff Man lol) got through! Just a synopsis for the design, I just associated the desert and cowboys for him. The original design doesn't make much sense because he looks Arabic for a Robot Master living in Australia. And I researched and there are somewhat a version of cowboys down-under, so I did that. If the next step is retuning the design, I'm up for that.

I'm fine with the judges' decision even if all of my designs didn't get in. My bets were Haste, Sand, Ghost, Storm, in that order.

If I have the time, I could draw the winning entries in regular size. Not promising tho. Cool

@ACE: Please do use my Cloud Bullies! I was hoping there would be enemy redesigns, the original cloud bullies look messy. Just saying, it would be weird for Storm Woman conceiving furry eyeballs! lols Big Grin
10-05-2015 02:23 AM
Mick Galbani Offline
Fanthulhu
Super Moderators

(If anyone's wondering what happened to an earlier post, it was deleted with permission from the poster)

So! First of all, if you haven't read the Saw results yet, here's a quick link to those results, so go read them.

Have you read them yet? Maybe? I'll take a maybe for an answer.

So anyway, with those results, we have all eight of our winners. Notably, we managed to have (more or less) a different winner in every single category. An interesting result, IMO, and kind of neat.

So, to remind folks of our winners and their scores (Spoilered because long):

And finally, a comparison between the old FIN series and the new FIN series, arranged in the number order proper (Spoilered because big images):

And that's that. Personally I think they're all improvements over the original design. With this, phase 1 has ended, and Phase 2 will formally begin once we iron out everything we're going to do with that. Hopefully that won't take too long.
17-05-2015 03:08 PM
sonny Offline
Regular
Registered

the cloud of StormWoman is some sort of SKULL?
17-05-2015 10:29 PM
Zynk Offline
An Indecisive Slacker
Registered

Revo Remix Contributor
(17-05-2015 10:29 PM)sonny Wrote:  the cloud of StormWoman is some sort of SKULL?
Can't. Unsee. MM - Ill

But I like their redesign. I hope they animate her cloud legs. And colour her mouth red.
18-05-2015 12:04 AM
MegaRed225 Offline
*Insert something here, idk..*
Registered

Sad RE: Mega Man Revolution Robot Master Redesigns - Phase 1
I wish I could of posted mine, I guess I'm too late MM - Frown

Even though the competition is over, I think everyone did well and good luck to those whose entry is accepted.
(This post was last modified: 30-06-2015 02:24 PM by MegaRed225.)
29-06-2015 11:58 PM
InfinitiZero Offline
JKN-Infiniti
Registered

(15-04-2015 12:44 PM)Karakato Wrote:  [Image: T4MCkLs.png]
Ghost Man

I wanted to give him a more spectre look so I added in a ragged cloak to partially conceal his exposed wire and his acid buster (and maybe use it to "disappear/reappear). I also added more "battle damage" to his arm and right eye and tried to change his head to look less Skull Man-like.

[Image: WTeb0if.png]
Blast Woman

Yeah, decided to 63 Blast. I thought of making her more musically inclined ala idol, hence the audio cables hanging down her head and how she's wearing head phones (also, the slight Deadmau5 semblance on her head). I was thinking, rather then slamming the fists together, Blast would attach her head cables together.

[Image: storm_man_by_karakatodzo-d8q5rsa.png]
Storm Man

His torso generates clouds and somehow engulfs his torso to make him levitate. I'm thinking his weakness could negate his cloud and force him to do an alt attack... maybe not.

[Image: rJrgP2s.png]
Saw Man

Nothing too fancy with this one aside from making his shoulder produce more saw blades. Tried to make make his saw launcher similar to that of a power saw and gave him a battle scar.

Ya know, I wish your Blast was chosen. She's so cute!!!!! XD
17-05-2016 11:11 PM