New Dragon Ball Series Dragon Ball Super
C^2 Offline
/人◕‿‿◕人\
Super Moderators

C^2 Super Moderator Award
New Dragon Ball Series Dragon Ball Super
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/20...r-tv-anime

The new series is coming out this July, no news on dub release just yet. Also this series may or may not cancel out the cannon of GT. Thank god.

/人‿‿人\
Anything is possible, if you make a contract with me!
28-04-2015 04:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DWN-060 Clownman Offline
Τὸ Μεγα Θηρίον
Super Moderators

RE: New Dragon Ball Series Dragon Ball Super
Just because it could cancel it out, doesn't mean it'll be any better.
28-04-2015 04:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Walrus Offline
Watch out when it's in heat
Registered

Reggae Award
But Toriyama is doing the story, it can't possibly be worse than GT

[Image: HCPYAjr.gif]
28-04-2015 05:05 PM
Jexulus Offline
Still Here
Registered

I have no expectations whatsoever. I both like and hate the fact that Beerus and Whis are canon. They're cool characters, but they're essentially the fourth retcon of how godhood works in the Dragon Ball timeline (Kami, King Kai, Supreme Kai, and now them). Since it's clear they're going to be involved in some capacity, and since the way they'll probably make it interesting is to invent new opponents that outclass Goku and Vegeta (again), who already far exceed literally everyone else in the cast by a long shot, I fear this might become "The Merry Adventures of Goku and Vegeta." They're fine characters, but people are invested in a lot of the other ones too.

I'm interested, but I'm definitely waiting for the dub. Also, GT stopped being canon as soon as Battle of Gods was made (it would cause too many plotholes in GT as to why Goku never became a SSG and other stuff). I like to think that GT was created by a split in time where the Oracle Fish (the being who prophesied to Beerus that he'd fight an SSG) never told that prophesy.
28-04-2015 05:57 PM
MegaBossMan Offline
Elizabeth, this is the big one
Registered

Oof, not a big fan myself. I like how the original story on how it ended, no GT or the like. It's also one of the reasons why I like Battle of Gods and Ressurection: F, as they're still expanding out the series a bit, but mainly being there to give some nostalgia and stunning animation. Personally, I'd like to see a reimagining instead of a new series, but I guess I can't do much about it. All I have to do is wait and see, and check if the series will be any good. I'm starting to have some doubt in Toriyama, after all...
28-04-2015 06:58 PM
Gaia Offline
Offical Sprites INC Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Reggae AwardDeadchat AwardSIBRE Contributor
With the aging Toriyama (he's older than Babadi now!), and this series revival due to it being dragonball's anniversary, you gotta wonder.. With all these reboots, where do we go from here? I guess they revived Freiza to test the waters, and considering he got quite the power boost, no doubt the rest of the cast might as well, given how even YAMCHA was able to fend off hordes of his army.

...Let's not forget the random cameos he might throw at us from his other works, heh.

[Image: 345y4jt.jpg]

Quote:(20:08:09) Gaia: jace hey jace
(20:08:16) Gaia: children's card games is on
(20:09:27) Jace: ...
(20:09:35) Jace: How the HELL did you know I put that on my TV
(01:30:24) Rhythm_BCA: be yourself and don't pretend to be what you think they think you should be
29-04-2015 05:29 PM
Bonikar Offline
Registered

I have now watched all the DB Super episodes until date and I must say it brings back the ecchi nostalgic from Dragon Ball Z. I really enjoy watching it, maybe because I used to grow up with Goku and co. Who knows haha
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2017 12:06 PM by Bonikar.)
02-01-2017 11:57 AM
Valo Offline
Nooblet Tour guide
Registered

Iris AwardDeadchat AwardRush AwardUDON AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorZero AwardInafune AwardRubber Mega Man AwardPixel Master Award
Eh, its a necro bump but it'd be nice to discuss now that super is 70 odd episodes in. I really enjoy that the writing style is far closer to the original dragonball. Super doesnt take itself nearly as seriously as Z did but still knows how to be serious when the time calls for it, which IMO is a welcome change. It does have a few instances of weak writing (the recent assassin Hit 2 parter comes to mind) but over all it holds up fairly well. MY only major gripe is that it retold the first 2 movies rather than just relegating those to like a recap episode and then moving on to the first original arc.

[Image: RF8iZPq.png]
03-01-2017 11:03 AM
turpinator Offline
Piledriver Program Advance!
Registered

They retold it because they wanted to go into more depth about certain things, like how Vegeta attained SS Blue without a Saiyan group hug, or how rigourous their training had been after they had fought Beerus.

[Image: content-4-34154-extralifebanner.jpg]
Click the image to Donate!
06-01-2017 02:41 AM
Valo Offline
Nooblet Tour guide
Registered

Iris AwardDeadchat AwardRush AwardUDON AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorZero AwardInafune AwardRubber Mega Man AwardPixel Master Award
(06-01-2017 02:41 AM)turpinator Wrote:  They retold it because they wanted to go into more depth about certain things, like how Vegeta attained SS Blue without a Saiyan group hug, or how rigourous their training had been after they had fought Beerus.

Eh, it still didnt need 2 full arcs for that. Honestly it felt like a waste of time to me. Time and very limited animation budget...

[Image: RF8iZPq.png]
06-01-2017 03:50 AM
Wave Offline
Resident holy man of Uluru
Registered

Rhythm Co-Admin Award
I hate Dragon Ball Super because they de-fused Kibito Kai. Now he's back to Supreme Kai and Kibito. What the hell, Kibito Kai was my favourite character!

The show's been alright, but I haven't been keeping up. And I totally agree about the recaps being a waste of time.

m8
08-01-2017 03:05 AM
MegaManSyndicate Offline
Registered

Are we able to talk about spoilers as in whats about to come out or whats already out?
Either way I'm happy Future Trunks had an arc, and treated Vegeta with a little more respect for once
20-07-2017 09:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply