CrimCram CocaCola
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

Threads: 2
CrimCram CocaCola
My brain gets empty when it comes to introductions, so let's move to the major things. Here I show the mspaint scribbles sprites of the 8 masters that after enough polish I haven't shown in public due to extreme anxiety.
Just in case
[Image: 1e60d72559.png]
Combust Man - the first one finished, maybe legs could use some work
[Image: 35e6320426.png]
Reverse Man - I had to gave up the flipped shoulder pads for the sake of right arm
[Image: 0b14e17002.png]
Music Man (If there are billions of something, then having one doesn't make the difference) - stance and arms may look awkward, but I want to keep reflector shoulders and saxophone legs. Also I'm not sure if his mask would be worth mirroring.
[Image: 31bd58fcf0.png]
Damage Man - the one I'm most sattisfied with, but man, those excavators
[Image: 771fa5fe06.png]
Sand Woman (See 4) - Now the least satisfying one. I tried to not make her look like amazon but then I got the exact opposite. The arm and buster are in need of a change too.
[Image: aea0801ad5.png]
Memory Man - Another passable one, I like how the left hand came out
[Image: fe8d5121bc.png]
Barel Man (probably the only one whose name you could tell without help) - HANDS
[Image: c27476e874.png]
Grim Man - ...I have no idea what to say about him
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2016, 04:19 PM by CrimsonCamisole.)
20-06-2015, 05:25 PM
Find Reply
The Stove Guy Offline
ambulatory cooking device
Registered

Threads: 0
RE: CC's sprite-ish stuff
These are some really neat designs. I especially like Damage Man's design. The shading and the colorization, though needs some work, the grey on Reverse Man doesn't look good, Music Man's mouth and the buttons on his upper body blend too much into the rest of his body and Sand Woman's sprite is too small.
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2015, 08:58 PM by The Stove Guy.)
20-06-2015, 08:07 PM
Find Reply
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

Prays were answered, here's my tries at fixing:
[Image: b8597e2c81.png]
I didn't noticed the fact I forgot to use the right shade of purple on Reverse Man. The color change turned out better than I expected.
[Image: aee289f1a9.png]

[Image: cb3df3a717.png]
Apparently, both have problems with right arm.

Also, my (not yet former) friend's Bulb Man (althrought greatly redesigned), that I forgot to post yesterday.
[Image: 7a8c781bcf.png][Image: 6b4d61f72d.png]
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2015, 03:51 PM by CrimsonCamisole.)
21-06-2015, 03:50 PM
Find Reply
Cyanosis Offline
Harbringer of Glitches
Registered

Threads: 6
The heads on all the humanoid RMs seem a little small for Classic style.

I think Sand Woman needs a bit of an overhaul. I like the concept of an hourglass for the figure but it seems like it will be hard to do that and still have legs. The legs come out too short. You might could try making her float?
I don't understand her head? There's some readability problems there. That might change if you make her head bigger.
Since you have a blue rim around the skirt portion you should probably try and match that up on the top of her body. It'll help complete the hourglass effect.
I would also pick a different shade of blue. Something about it makes the color vanish into the main hue a little too much at its normal scale.

Spreading the blue disease...
21-06-2015, 04:22 PM
Find Reply
The Stove Guy Offline
Registered

I made my own rendition of Barrel Man and Grim Man. Would it be okay if I post it here?
21-06-2015, 05:26 PM
Find Reply
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

I will be fine with this.
21-06-2015, 06:02 PM
Find Reply
The Stove Guy Offline
Registered

I gave Barrel Man a more wood like colorization, changed the colour of Grim Man's cloak and made the arms and the legs of him skeletal to make him look less generic.
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2015, 06:23 PM by The Stove Guy.)
21-06-2015, 06:21 PM
Find Reply
Bloo Offline
Professional Mediocre Spriter
Registered

Threads: 8
Many of your characters look flat, and stiff. They need more depth, and they need to look more human. They may be robits, but they were made to be like us~

http://2dwillneverdie.com/tutorial/give-...animation/

If I was a vegetable I'd have ten potatoes.
22-06-2015, 01:38 AM
Website Find Reply
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

Glaive Man A.K.A Metal Man's Bastard Son (he inherited eyes after him) widely known as Blade Man from MM3 on PC
[Image: 7672ec6d38.png]
I'm not sure that's the right way to hold a weapon
(This post was last modified: 24-06-2015, 06:28 PM by CrimsonCamisole.)
24-06-2015, 05:59 PM
Find Reply
The Stove Guy Offline
Registered

I am genuinely impressed by how much you have improved. It may not be great, but you seem to get really good at it.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2015, 04:49 PM by The Stove Guy.)
24-06-2015, 07:01 PM
Find Reply
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

10 years since the last spritey
[Image: 54d64b4b89.png]
Off to see you in another 10 years
02-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Find Reply
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

RE: Crimsole's pile of pixels
[Image: e92da247c7.png]

I recently finished re-spriting the full group but for how long and decided to add very first finished-unfinished versions(except Rev because colors) for comparision. What an eye-candy things like these are.

Here's most of the junk I gathered

certified trash-tier description writer
05-12-2015, 08:20 PM
Find Reply
Cyanosis Offline
Harbringer of Glitches
Registered

Threads: 6
I see some improvements and I definitely think you're going in a better direction on most of the designs.

I really like Combust Man, but you absolutely need to add fire to his design. I wouldn't guess that he was fire based otherwise. But his design is very appealing and I'm not seeing any technical errors.

To make it a little more manageable I'm only going to really focus on two sprites that need some work.

Sand Woman still bothers me a lot.
Her color combination is very straining to the eye.
Her helmet design doesn't make sense to me. Is it supposed to be like Gate's from the X series only with an extra piece in the back?
The proportions of her torso and thighs don't look accurate to Classic style. The skirt is too long causing this effect where it looks like she has no knees.
I like the new shoulder pads.
These new feet don't look proportionate to me (Which I understand has to do with the angle) but I think that's because there are less signifiers that her feet are, in fact, at a different angle. This is in part because we cannot see the position of the knee, and thus the foot's relation to the position of the thigh.
I wonder if Sand Woman could benefit from being less restricted to a humanoid form.

Grim Man has far too much detailing for a sprite of his size.
In trying to make a layered armour type look it ends up reading as padding; like the Michelin Tire mascot.
I question if this is the right direction to take a character named 'Grim Man' because it's far too similar to Knight Man.
This may be the intended idea already, but perhaps you should go more in the direction of a 'medieval executioner' type of look. Right now I'm seeing more of a 'dark knight' archetype.
To help differentiate Grim Man from Knight Man you may want to go with a different eye-style. Something like Dust Man's could be an interesting choice; something that's like unphased rather than aggressive.

Spreading the blue disease...
11-12-2015, 09:03 PM
Find Reply
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

fug I deleted previous images instead of moving them Big GrinDD

Those were the issues I was aware of.

I felt like tan and light blue combination was too forced so I used brown and white ( althougt this was the closest shade to the brown I was going) which was the used in earliest concept for Sand Man but I'm still stubborn on keeping the literal hourglass figure and humanoid form.

Grim Man's name didn't change when he changed from guardian with skull for a face to a thief, so I'll use Filch MAn from now. Fixes with overdone detailing and silthouette were made but I still hate his arms and can't get them to look like gloves.

I also wasn't too keen on Barrel Man due to his height an the fact that I'd like to keep the core colors unique for each master.

[Image: 18309d2c6f.png]

28-12-2015, 05:46 PM
Find Reply
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

Welcome the two newcomers:
[Image: 3264225a51.png]
Feather Man who can't get more polish, as he's a white eagle (no wings yet tho)
Grave Man because what a set of masters would be without cowboy

17-01-2016, 05:23 PM
Find Reply
Karakato Offline
Karrot Lover
Registered

Threads: 4
Feather Man could indeed use more polish. most notably his head(it's hard to make out what it's supposed to look like until you pointed it out), hands(is he supposed to be gripping that blade weapon?) and legs (the toes look awkward that I can tell if he's floating or standing).

As for Grave an, he looks better and I like his style... (even if your concept shares a similar cowboy motif as Sandman). At first I saw him as this guy and I think his design lends well to a grave robber. A couple of things you need to work on are the buster(which is hard to read) and the cross on his hat and torso which could be more pronounced.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
18-01-2016, 03:43 AM
Find Reply
Smedis2 Offline
Are video games real?
Registered

Threads: 34
The heads on them look a little flat for RMs. Most of what I've seen usually are a lot more round so the eyes can fit.

CHECK OUT STUFF I MAKE OVER AT
[Image: d03b37145145880c6532998fa3a49c20.png]
Here's my TWITTER
18-01-2016, 01:58 PM
Website Find Reply
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

[Image: cf1187a4ab.png]

The cross on hat was last-minute addition so I forgot that it existed. Also still can't figure out what to do with buster.

Don't you think I've took that much time just for these these two. I have generation II made at this point. Sort of.

[Image: 9c8eb6cf0f.png]
From left to right: Hazard Man, Quill Woman (nothing interesting or original besides the head), Firn Man (For those wondering, It's not like I couldn't decide which helmet should I use, he has three additional forms: with big gun (like scottish ranger), with bulky armor and with snowbike), Kinetic Woman (the one I'm least sattisfied with, edit from previous Hour Woman that shares the same problems), Optic Man and Alien Man

SHAMELESS ADVERTISING - I have pics of both gens on deviantart that I still keep updating
as well as crappy traditional art, so if you want some cringeworthy material, you won't be disappointed

[Image: 66581e1933.png]

It also appears I've tried making a custom Mega Man sprite

(This post was last modified: 20-03-2016, 08:11 PM by CrimsonCamisole.)
20-03-2016, 08:10 PM
Find Reply
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

Instead of being salty that I got no response last time, here I show you something special:

FEDORA MAN
[Image: 3fd2c458fb.png]
because he's the most ebin

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2016, 04:45 PM by CrimsonCamisole.)
01-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Find Reply
ArmoredStruggleWagonVD Offline
Registered

(01-04-2016, 04:45 PM)CrimsonCamisole Wrote: Instead of being salty that I got no response last time, here I show you something special:

FEDORA MAN
[Image: 3fd2c458fb.png]
because he's the most ebin

That's one of the most amazing Robot master designs I've seen! good work xD
01-04-2016, 09:10 PM
Find Reply