CrimCram CocaCola
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

Threads: 2
Music  RE: CrimCram CocaCola
tfw you change your thread's title for a second time.

Thanks in advance to anyone who gave me one star. Well, I guess it was well deserved.

Recenly I was wondering about giving an overhaul to my first generation. Music Man was always my personal favourite, but his sprite always bugged me. Now that he received most changes, I'm here presenting his history.

[Image: fb94a2eb21.png]

certified trash-tier description writer
19-06-2016, 04:51 PM
Find Reply
Karakato Offline
Karrot Lover
Registered

Threads: 4
RE: CrimCram CocaCola
Looking at his body, he looks like a Bellhop boy (Though there may be a music reference I may be missing out entirely), but his head tells me he's a DJ (with the Cap + Headphone combo). As far as the sprite goes, his head looks a bit awkward, maybe add a bit more of a curve to his face and add some height to his cap.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
19-06-2016, 05:21 PM
Find Reply
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

Actually his body was inspired by uniforms worn by marching band players and hat isn't your typical ballcap, but more of a newsboy cap. Thought it would be more original and fitting for not your typical music-oriented robot master.

[Image: a31691c395.png]

I should probably sprite his guitar soon too.

19-06-2016, 08:21 PM
Find Reply
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

Just felt like posting the most recent pics of both generations someday.

[Image: 870e7c52d7.png]

I realise some people already know names of these fellas, but I'm doing it just for the rule of thumb and for the rule of poll.

Left-right: Combust Man, Reverse Man, Music Man, Damage Man, Hour Woman, Memory Man, Barrel Man, Filch Man

[spoiler]Karakato's thread and journal inspired me to do this, which is why I included a poll(Yeah I think the idea might be even too similiar to the original), because I really want to know people's opinions and it seems quite miniscule and uneven at this moment, so those who haven't seen it, here you have it: http://www.strawpoll.me/10536009
[/spoiler]

[Image: 6860e906ca.png]

[Image: 7009f23a20.png]

Feather Man, Grave Man, Hazard Man, Quill Woman, Firn Man, Focus Woman, Optic Man, Alien Man

These fellas have their poll too: http://www.strawpoll.me/10777907

[Image: 0fb0c9a854.png]

Here is actually a new addition, Grip Man, the first master from the third generation.

(This post was last modified: 14-08-2016, 06:23 PM by CrimsonCamisole.)
24-07-2016, 03:04 PM
Find Reply
PseuDeadpool Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 8
Very nice! I was going to say I preferred Sand Woman's very first design, but this one is even more lovely! All of them look great. In fact, they look like they belong in Revolution Remix (it reminds me of that style). These redesigns (especially first gen) look in line with the classic series and the designs are a lot more cohesive and easy on the eyes now. All I can really say is... great job! P.S. Damage Man is my favorite - really great job on him.

Edit: Is Hour Woman basically Sand Woman, but based off of an hour glass? Because that is REALLY cool! Also, the reversed purple stuff on Reverse Man's shoulders is a nice touch.

Sorry if I gave you the cold shoulder... It's easy to do when you're dead Confused

(This post was last modified: 24-07-2016, 03:18 PM by PseuDeadpool.)
24-07-2016, 03:14 PM
Find Reply
Linzodakatz Offline
Pastman Pot
Registered

Threads: 3
This thread is a lie

There's no CocaCola

Licensed Game=Cash In

Well, most of the time anywho

-Linzo
24-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Website Find Reply
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

(24-07-2016, 03:14 PM)PseuDeadpool Wrote: Very nice! I was going to say I preferred Sand Woman's very first design, but this one is even more lovely! All of them look great. In fact, they look like they belong in Revolution Remix (it reminds me of that style). These redesigns (especially first gen) look in line with the classic series and the designs are a lot more cohesive and easy on the eyes now. All I can really say is... great job! P.S. Damage Man is my favorite - really great job on him.

Edit: Is Hour Woman basically Sand Woman, but based off of an hour glass? Because that is REALLY cool! Also, the reversed purple stuff on Reverse Man's shoulders is a nice touch.

First, I used the same palette that RR uses, but not sure if that alone makes it look similiar. Second, she was always based off of an hourglass, but Sand was too common and I felt that the previous color scheme was too forced. Third, thanks for all the kind words.

(24-07-2016, 05:00 PM)Linzodakatz Wrote: This thread is a lie

There's no CocaCola

Well, CrimCram Sprites doesn't sound as catchy
*Goes to buy CocaCola*

(This post was last modified: 24-07-2016, 07:32 PM by CrimsonCamisole.)
24-07-2016, 07:30 PM
Find Reply
PseuDeadpool Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 8
Ah, interesting. I think it might also be the shaping of the bodies and such. The new coloring for Hour Woman is also lovely. Again, great job - and you are very welcome.

Sorry if I gave you the cold shoulder... It's easy to do when you're dead Confused

24-07-2016, 07:44 PM
Find Reply
Karakato Offline
Karrot Lover
Registered

My comment about Focus' color combination still stands, the pink and the blue could use more contrast between them. The same goes for Quill woman for her shade of black blending in with her outlines. That makes her design stand out more imo. I forgot to mention this earlier but is your Mega Man sprite final?His proportions and pose need work. It looks as if he's stuck in a permanent a hip thrust with his arm swung back. Speaking of which, the non buster arm could use more refinement. As for the others, they're fine atm.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
(This post was last modified: 25-07-2016, 02:46 AM by Karakato.)
25-07-2016, 02:46 AM
Find Reply
Linzodakatz Offline
Pastman Pot
Registered

Threads: 3
Well, CrimCram Sprites doesn't sound as catchy
*Goes to buy CocaCola*
[/quote]

Well, at least there's Skull Man jamming it out on a trumpet

Licensed Game=Cash In

Well, most of the time anywho

-Linzo
25-07-2016, 01:23 PM
Website Find Reply
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

So, recently i've been trying to make mugshots for the first generation. Progress can be seen below. Note that these all were actually drawn over sketches prepared specially for this case.

[Image: fb289f0b06.png]

Also some alternative versions more limit-friendly.

[Image: f081b04881.png]

Yellow eyes on Combust Man look dumb for me, that was just for the luls.

(This post was last modified: 15-08-2016, 01:30 PM by CrimsonCamisole.)
14-08-2016, 06:34 PM
Find Reply
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

The rest of the mugshots was actually "finished" a few weeks ago, but I kept forgetting on uploading this. Finished is in quotation marks, because I have a very strong feeling most of them aren't final.

[Image: 7d7a2debe2.png]

More standalone sprites:

[Image: 407fb814d8.png]

Octavius (finished just today)

[Image: 7015da8f5e.png]

Lead Man (was forgottten too)

[Image: b12ce59567.png]

Shaman Man (made from scratch just today)

11-09-2016, 06:12 PM
Find Reply
Alejandro10000 Offline
Icon by AestheticMage
Registered

Threads: 0
(11-09-2016, 06:12 PM)CrimsonCamisole Wrote: The rest of the mugshots was actually "finished" a few weeks ago, but I kept forgetting on uploading this. Finished is in quotation marks, because I have a very strong feeling most of them aren't final.

[Image: 7d7a2debe2.png]

More standalone sprites:

[Image: 407fb814d8.png]

Octavius (finished just today)

[Image: 7015da8f5e.png]

Lead Man (was forgottten too)

[Image: b12ce59567.png]

Shaman Man (made from scratch just today)

Cool sprites with all robots masters and also octavius with 2 more robotsMM - Happy

[Image: 1bkhyd.gif]

[Image: 1bkhe2.gif]
11-09-2016, 09:28 PM
Website Find Reply
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

Third and most likely the last generation is almost done.

[Image: cdb43471f9.png]

[Image: 72a0b55224.png]

From left to right: Grip Man, Lead Man, Shaman Man, Glaive Woman, Chase Woman, Deluge Man, Antic Woman, Scarab Man.
Glaive is unarmed because the only throwable glaive I was able to make was too big.

Just like with the previous two, poll is included. I encourage voting in this one especially, because two votes on lead don't tell that much. http://www.strawpoll.me/11415686

Personally I think all the females need an overhaul, so further feedback is very welcome

(This post was last modified: 25-11-2016, 03:20 PM by CrimsonCamisole.)
15-10-2016, 05:42 PM
Find Reply
Karakato Offline
Karrot Lover
Registered

Here are my -additional- thoughts on your current set:

- Grip Man looks less like a Sniper joe now but I still think he needs a bit more of a color variation unless his bio deems it necessary. I'd suggest incorporating some white into his design.
- Glaive's head head needs improvement, especially the top that doesn't look like a blade or sharp object.
- The details of Chase's torso doesn't translate well to pixel form. I can't seem to make out the race car design from her art.
- Antic's head and arms need work, especially the arms which are both tear dropped shaped. I wouldn't know that she's Elec based until you told me, otherwise, I would have pegged her as a rock type due to her column design.
- You could define the hands of Scarab.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
15-10-2016, 07:03 PM
Find Reply
azoreseuropa Offline
Regular
Registered

Threads: 0
To be honest with you, your sprites is so much better and much improvement over times. Keep up the good work! NICE!
16-10-2016, 11:57 AM
Find Reply
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

I've put the slightly refined version of them in the previous post. Also, color schemes is the one thing I'm very stubborn about most of the time.

Anyway, I' did a small series recntly, and it's about doing sprites for robot masters from around the DeviantArt if they don't have one already.

[Image: 3b3a6d4714.png]

First one's theme was "Made for others".
From left to right we have: Steam Man for The-Good-Wario, Honor Man and Roman Man for justsomecatheu(known here as Linzodakatz)

[Image: d03933a566.png]

Theme: Grass, Fire and Water
Bud woman - a rejected design by me (alright, I cheated a bit), Volvano Woman by MissBelleMA (head was tweaked to match her own take) and Spout Woman by SnowmanEX711

[Image: 883f5dc433.png]
[Image: 0063518601.png]

Theme: Not Revolution
Blast Man by Pulmonox, Cryo Man by NoukamoutheGreat and Strom Woman also by MissBelleMA
(I need to get consistent with heights)

(This post was last modified: 15-12-2016, 05:47 PM by CrimsonCamisole.)
25-11-2016, 04:12 PM
Find Reply
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

[Image: bdc7e002bd.png]

Made some time ago for Som3bode's (from DeviantArt) birthday. Features his FCs Acid Man, Smolder Man (with and without Violet Blaze effect) and Crescent Woman.

[Image: 76e2d9fb60.png]

Just to note, I'm struggling with making a sprite sheet...

[Image: c0e95252dc.png]

...And it's not the only one.

15-12-2016, 05:18 PM
Find Reply
Karakato Offline
Karrot Lover
Registered

You could start by telling us what exactly you are trying to make them do to give us better context. For Hour Woman, the way her arms are bent backwards look unnatural especially on the last 2 poses (sideward A&B).

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
(This post was last modified: 15-12-2016, 06:29 PM by Karakato.)
15-12-2016, 05:51 PM
Find Reply
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

I do know what I'm going for with Hour. One of her moves is performing a horizontal 360 to unleash the sand stream. Besides that I'm planning to add regular jumping and shooting frames and her half-beniding the arms. Though making the effects for the attacks will be much harder.
I just wanted to get proportions right on transitions, altough it just looks awkward at best.
Also, by last two poses you mean rear and side view or jest the two variants of side view?

(This post was last modified: 15-12-2016, 06:07 PM by CrimsonCamisole.)
15-12-2016, 06:02 PM
Find Reply