Looking For an Alternative
Spike T. Dragonowitz Offline
Purple Stoner Midget
Registered

Threads: 13
Looking For an Alternative
So, two weeks ago my old laptop died and I lost pretty much everything-my programs, my files, etc. I have a new laptop now and for the past week I've been trying to get everything back together.

However, there is one thing I currently need: A music-making program.Sad I don't have any money to rebuy Fl Studio so I need your help. Does anyone on this site know of a music program that's similar to FL Studio? Preferably one that's free?

She started chasin' that Purple Dragon...not me, cuz I'm a purple dragon; I'm talking about Heroin...
...It's a metaphor, look it up! You have the internet!
27-10-2015, 03:46 PM
Find Reply
Lamda Offline
Ace of Spades
Registered

Threads: 28
RE: Looking For an Alternative
If you bought FL's downloadable version (rather than the physical box version), you should be able to redownload it using your old registration information.

Quote:Game making in 6 steps:
1: Get assets and program
2: Smash the two together until stuff happens
3: Beat your face into your keyboard when stuff breaks/doesn't want to work
4: Continue beating your face into your keyboard until you've smashed the right code
5: Rejoice that it works and move on to the next thing
6: Go back to Step 2 and repeat
27-10-2015, 10:39 PM
Find Reply
Spike T. Dragonowitz Offline
Purple Stoner Midget
Registered

Threads: 13
There's a problem with that, though: I can't find my registrations. Not to mention the fact that Outlook decided to have a complete facelift, which makes searching for the information even more impossible.

That's why I'm wanting to try and find an free, alternate music-making program, similar to FL Studio, because DAWs are pretty much the only types of programs I'm used to.

She started chasin' that Purple Dragon...not me, cuz I'm a purple dragon; I'm talking about Heroin...
...It's a metaphor, look it up! You have the internet!
27-10-2015, 11:34 PM
Find Reply
Lamda Offline
Ace of Spades
Registered

Threads: 28
Contact FL's people. If your registration is still somewhere in their system they might be able to help you. It's worth a shot getting back what you know how to use, at least.

Quote:Game making in 6 steps:
1: Get assets and program
2: Smash the two together until stuff happens
3: Beat your face into your keyboard when stuff breaks/doesn't want to work
4: Continue beating your face into your keyboard until you've smashed the right code
5: Rejoice that it works and move on to the next thing
6: Go back to Step 2 and repeat
29-10-2015, 03:21 AM
Find Reply