Megagaga
http://megagaga.webs.com/apps/blog/show/...ise-attack-

My first sprite comic. Sprites are from Power Battle. Leave a comment and tell me what you think!

(The title of my comic is a reference to Segagaga, a Dreamcast game that was released in Japan in 2001.)
I'm surprised the comic doesn't have Rokujoman as the main character since you're referencing Segagaga.

Your site automatically resizes your comic which causes it to look very fuzzy. For a more traditional web comic that wouldn't normally be a problem but for a sprite comic its really bad.

This could come off as a rude but I'm really wanting to make sure you're able to execute your vision. Is your sprite comic supposed to look bad intentionally?

If it's not here's some feedback to help:
You really need to erase the small portion of the 'E' that got copied and pasted with the additional 'GA.'

The backgrounds are inconsistent from panel to panel. You should probably create your comics in a program that allows you to make layers. That way you can make your background, copy it over to each of the panels and keep them on a separate layer. A free option is Paint.NET.

The gutter, the space between your panels, should be perfectly straight or at a consistent angle. (To make straight lines, most image editing software will keep a line perfectly straight if you hold the shift key while using the line tool.) I would also suggest making the gutter bigger/thicker to help separate the panels a tad more. This is especially important when you work with minimalist backgrounds because the gutter can seem like a part of the background and confuse the reader.

I also don't suggest using a minimalist background. It focuses our attention on every other detail meaning your jokes need to really land to be effective.
Although if you insist on that being a part of the vision, the green is way too bright.

In the first two panels Megaman has a speck of magenta between his right arm (our left) and his chest.

For a beginning sprite comic I wouldn't suggest using the Power Fighters sprites. They're rather detailed meaning it will be more difficult to create new sprites if you need to. Especially when it comes to backgrounds. You don't necessarily need to go 8-bit, but something a little simpler might be in order. That, or use a style that has a lot of art assets.
Megaman Soccer could possibly be a good option, I know the Mechanical Maniacs had a project where they made Soccer sprites for basically every character. I'm not sure if they're PD or not, so be sure to sign up on their forum and explicitly ask if you choose to go this route.
Spreading the blue disease...
(27-11-2015, 04:41 AM)Cyanosis Wrote: I'm surprised the comic doesn't have Rokujoman as the main character since you're referencing Segagaga.

Your site automatically resizes your comic which causes it to look very fuzzy. For a more traditional web comic that wouldn't normally be a problem but for a sprite comic its really bad.

This could come off as a rude but I'm really wanting to make sure you're able to execute your vision. Is your sprite comic supposed to look bad intentionally?

If it's not here's some feedback to help:
You really need to erase the small portion of the 'E' that got copied and pasted with the additional 'GA.'

The backgrounds are inconsistent from panel to panel. You should probably create your comics in a program that allows you to make layers. That way you can make your background, copy it over to each of the panels and keep them on a separate layer. A free option is Paint.NET.

The gutter, the space between your panels, should be perfectly straight or at a consistent angle. (To make straight lines, most image editing software will keep a line perfectly straight if you hold the shift key while using the line tool.) I would also suggest making the gutter bigger/thicker to help separate the panels a tad more. This is especially important when you work with minimalist backgrounds because the gutter can seem like a part of the background and confuse the reader.

I also don't suggest using a minimalist background. It focuses our attention on every other detail meaning your jokes need to really land to be effective.
Although if you insist on that being a part of the vision, the green is way too bright.

In the first two panels Megaman has a speck of magenta between his right arm (our left) and his chest.

For a beginning sprite comic I wouldn't suggest using the Power Fighters sprites. They're rather detailed meaning it will be more difficult to create new sprites if you need to. Especially when it comes to backgrounds. You don't necessarily need to go 8-bit, but something a little simpler might be in order. That, or use a style that has a lot of art assets.
Megaman Soccer could possibly be a good option, I know the Mechanical Maniacs had a project where they made Soccer sprites for basically every character. I'm not sure if they're PD or not, so be sure to sign up on their forum and explicitly ask if you choose to go this route.
I am so happy they made sprites for Yuuta and Akane!
Ah, yes. Megagaga. I was 13 when I did this and I was just beginning to do sprite comics. Not as bad as all the Sonic ones I did when I was like 8 or 9. Otaka won worst character design at the 2015 Sprite Inc Awards. She was a simple Roll recolor because back then I didn't know how to do sprites.