Fan Game Mega Man Y+1
[Image: hYtP8cW.png]

Mega Man Y+1 is a fangame in the style of Classic Mega Man NES games.

We're a team of dedicated Mega Man fans who want to provide a great experience, we're constantly trying hard to come up with new elements that would work well in a game, but also a Mega Man game.

The game is being programmed in Unity 2D and C# right now, the engine being from scratch. We're having some difficulties with programmers right now, so if you think you can help then let me know.

We have a public Discord server, which means you can interact with us directly.

Story:
After what seemed a long time of peace, where any attempts at taking the world over were meaningless, a new threat looms over the world. Eight industrial robots known to be trustworthy, develop a strange case of a virus, which made them go rogue and act against the population of Monsteropolis.

Mega Man and Dr. Light assume Wily's up to no good once again, but he claims innocence while mentioning this plight might be the aftermath of Roboenza.

Mega Man is sent to investigate the situation and find out what is causing this disruption of peace, but who is behind all of this?

Who are the Robot Masters?[spoiler= ]
IRN-001 - Timber Man
Timber Man was built to cut down trees and lead deforesting droids. His Timber Blade is made of a special alloy to be able to slice through any wood with ease. He is very easily absorbed into his work and is quickly angered if he is distracted.
Weapon: Timber Blade

IRN-002 - Puppet Man
Puppet Man was originally built as an entertainment robot, to assist a talented puppeteer. After the puppeteer’s death, him and the shop he resides in have been abandoned. He has fun scaring any unaware thrill seekers who might come upon the abandoned shop.
Weapon: Puppet Shield

IRN-003 - Angler Woman
Angler Man is a combat-ready robot built to defend a secret government undersea research laboratory. His special vision allows him to see clearly even near the sea floor, and combat any spies or probes that could be placed upon the lab.
Weapon: Angler Bite

IRN-004 - Mimic Woman
Mimic Woman was built to transport relics around and out of an ancient dungeon. Being quite an airhead, she sometimes struggles with using her chest properly. When she gets things right, she enjoys using it for pranks.
Weapon: Mimic Trap

IRN-005 - Volt Man
Volt Man was built as an electricity regulator for one of Monsteropolis’ power plants. He can split his torso and legs apart into independent sections and control electricity between them. His body is also well designed to control both current and static electricity.
Weapon: Volt Shock

IRN-006 - Phoenix Man
Phoenix Man was built to manage a geothermal energy plant located in a volcano. His flight capabilities allow him to easily and quickly maneuver around the plant. His armor is resistant to extremely high temperatures and can even resist being placed in magma for a short time.
Weapon: Phoenix Flight

IRN-007 - Toxic Man
Toxic Man was built to transport and help dispose of toxic waste at a chemical treatment facility. His body and components are coated in special materials which are resistant to the toxins he transports. Due to the nature of his job, he is not allowed outside of the plant, so he knows little about the world outside.
Weapon: Toxic Bubble

IRN-008 - Melon Man
Melon Man was originally built to oversee farming and harvesting of melons in natural, tropical environments. However, recent advancements in genetic editing have allowed companies to grow extremely large fruit in advanced greenhouses, and Melon Man was transferred to oversee one of these. Disliking the unnatural nature of the production, he does not take well to his new job.
Weapon: Melon Bomb
[/spoiler]
I'm willing to help with sprites. i just think it'd be kinda silly to make a tumblr account to tell you that. pm me some details if you can.
[Image: RF8iZPq.png]
I'm willing to cheer you on for $70 in cash.
I get the impression that you're already aware of it but there is a Robot Master named Volt Man.
Granted it's from an obscure, likely non-canon, game created for the DOS computer.
I don't think it'd be a big deal for you to keep the name as is but I thought it was worth putting it out there.

Spook Man's design does seem rather similar to Inc's own Ghost Man for Megaman Revolution.
I'm personally not a huge fan of the name 'Spook Man.' Something about the word 'spook' just doesn't strike me as fitting for a Robot Master.
I'd suggest something more like 'Fright Man.'
Spreading the blue disease...
(25-12-2015, 03:36 PM)Cyanosis Wrote: Something about the word 'spook' just doesn't strike me as fitting for a Robot Master.

Considering there's a "Melon Man" in the roster, I'd presume there's a sort of silly tone going on with the RMs. So I don't really find it an issue.
CHECK OUT STUFF I MAKE OVER AT
[Image: d03b37145145880c6532998fa3a49c20.png]
Here's my TWITTER
I'll say this, Spookman looks better than that one RM from Revolutions.
(25-12-2015, 03:36 PM)Cyanosis Wrote: I get the impression that you're already aware of it but there is a Robot Master named Volt Man.
Granted it's from an obscure, likely non-canon, game created for the DOS computer.
I don't think it'd be a big deal for you to keep the name as is but I thought it was worth putting it out there.

Spook Man's design does seem rather similar to Inc's own Ghost Man for Megaman Revolution.
I'm personally not a huge fan of the name 'Spook Man.' Something about the word 'spook' just doesn't strike me as fitting for a Robot Master.

Yup, I already know of Volt Man from the PC Game. Since he was obscure, and literally a red variant of Airman, I decided to use the name anyway. Hopefully this Volt Man won't dissapoint!

As for ̶S̶p̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶M̶a̶n̶'̶s Fright Man's design, I get that a lot. They're not meant to be similar, but I get where those people come from.
Regarding the name, an internal discussion seemed in favour of Fright, so there's that.
Does webcomics count in robot master name usage? Timberman is already used in Rhythm's BCA comics

And lol MELON Man? I'd love to see him shoot Watermelon seeds like a machinegun, or chucks a Melon Bomb! Shouldn't he have a round body like Strike Man?

And Volt Man looks like a taser, so maybe Taser Man since Volt Man is used as mentioned earlier?
I have a little bit of an 'out there' idea. But what if instead of the skeleton-y grim reaper look you went with a ghost that wears a scary mask? I'm thinking he could do something similar to what Eustace from Courage the cowardly dog does.

To give an example, granted it's not a mask, but this snippet from a short done by the same dude who made Courage the Cowardly dog.

I dunno, even if that's not quite the direction you guys want to go with the character I do think you guys could benefit from exploring the concept of a mask in general.
Spreading the blue disease...
(26-12-2015, 04:27 AM)Zynk Wrote: lol MELON Man? I'd love to see him shoot Watermelon seeds like a machinegun, or chucks a Melon Bomb! Shouldn't he have a round body like Strike Man?
Melon Man being shaped like that was considered, but it looked just bad, so we decided to just have a single color with details here and there. Yeah, the idea is goofy, but that's really the point.

(26-12-2015, 04:27 AM)Zynk Wrote: And Volt Man looks like a taser, so maybe Taser Man since Volt Man is used as mentioned earlier?
Volt Man is based on a generator, and not so much on a taser. Good thought, though.

(26-12-2015, 04:09 PM)Cyanosis Wrote: I have a little bit of an 'out there' idea. But what if instead of the skeleton-y grim reaper look you went with a ghost that wears a scary mask? I'm thinking he could do something similar to what Eustace from Courage the cowardly dog does.
The design is already finished, and you may or may not be on the right tracks. Either way, thank you for the suggestion.
Anything I can help with? Even if it is a simple RM design or a theme, I'd love to help. If need be, I can send you some stuff I've done in the past for you to review.
Novice animator and general animation fanatic, Bob Clampett advocate, and generally apathetic towards Mega Man as a character. Amateur chip musician, but that's second priority.
Check out the CartoonCo blog!
(28-12-2015, 10:33 PM)iYamWhatIYam Wrote: Anything I can help with? Even if it is a simple RM design or a theme, I'd love to help. If need be, I can send you some stuff I've done in the past for you to review.

We're full out on composers at the moment, we don't need more help in that respect.

On that subject, leaving this stuff here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2PDOMEVE23

(one video per message, so just linking playlist)
Generally disgruntled composer and Ideas Guy™. Currently directing Mega Man Shattered Diamond.

My media:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Threxx1/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/threxx-danne
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Threxx11
Those musics are good job!
(30-12-2015, 08:32 AM)ansoncheng Wrote: Those musics are good job!

I agree with you.
Generally disgruntled composer and Ideas Guy™. Currently directing Mega Man Shattered Diamond.

My media:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Threxx1/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/threxx-danne
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Threxx11
(01-01-2016, 08:16 PM)Threxx Wrote: I agree with you.
Of course you would.

Anyways, this looks promising. Have anything besides music been completed thus far? Any tiles, Robot Masters, enemy designs, etc.? Because I think it would be a good thing to see.

Also, might I suggest moving Timber Man's mouth up more, to get that whole Gutsman-feel? I'm pretty sure that's what the design is attempting to convey, anyway.
Novice animator and general animation fanatic, Bob Clampett advocate, and generally apathetic towards Mega Man as a character. Amateur chip musician, but that's second priority.
(01-01-2016, 09:25 PM)iYamWhatIYam Wrote:
Of course you would.

Anyways, this looks promising. Have anything besides music been completed thus far? Any tiles, Robot Masters, enemy designs, etc.? Because I think it would be a good thing to see.

Also, might I suggest moving Timber Man's mouth up more, to get that whole Gutsman-feel? I'm pretty sure that's what the design is attempting to convey, anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/oi9YTiU.png do WIP levels tickle your fancy?

or the boss of that stage?[Image: NvTFmUN.gif]

As for timberman, i was just going for a lantern underbite, not gutsman outright so i think its okay as is.
[Image: RF8iZPq.png]
Mimic Woman is Heart
(02-01-2016, 12:37 AM)Valo Wrote: http://i.imgur.com/oi9YTiU.png do WIP levels tickle your fancy?

As for timberman, i was just going for a lantern underbite, not gutsman outright so i think its okay as is.
Yes, yes, good m9.

Also, I love Toxic Man's sprite. It reminds me of Frost Man.
(02-01-2016, 12:37 AM)Valo Wrote:
(01-01-2016, 09:25 PM)iYamWhatIYam Wrote:
Of course you would.

http://i.imgur.com/oi9YTiU.png do WIP levels tickle your fancy?

It is good design if timber man stage. reminds mega man and bass of ground man stage, but i feel it is almost newest have some not like!
We've revamped some of the RM themes. Here's Volt Man:

And the other 2 themes as links:
Melon Man
Dr. Wily Fortress 1