[Fan Game] Mega Man SD
CosmicGem Offline
Dead On The Inside
Beta Tester

Revo Remix ContributorUpgrade AwardChiptune Award
Mega Man SD
[Image: unknown.png]

Hello - I'm posting this on behalf of the SD Team, the team currently working on Mega Man SD.

This thread is for Mega Man Shattered Diamond, a Fangame currently being developed by the MMSD Team in Game Maker 8.1! (Our development has switched to Mega Engine) Expect a gameplay video very soon!

The Current Team:
  • CosmicGem - Director/Supervisor, Game Design
  • Garirry - Programmer
  • NaOH - Programmer
  • Ndraxian0 - Spriter
  • Almarony Clamzonia - Spriter
  • Valo - Spriter, Art Design
  • Karakato Dzo - Spriter, Art Design
  • Alienoid - Spriter, Game Design
  • littlelamp100 - Composer
  • Deathro - Composer
  • GoldenShades - Composer
  • Threxx - Composer, Writer
  • iYamWhatIYam - Game Design
  • TheSkipper1995 - Game Design
  • Clare/Damona - Game Design, Spriter, Writer
  • MrKyurem - Game Design Assistance
  • Elemntz - Game Design Assistance

EDIT: We have a Tumblr blog now! http://megamansd.tumblr.com

I will continue to update this thread when new things get added. If you'd like your work in here, just reply and give us a small example of your work. Note: You must be able to use Discord if applying to become a team member.
(This post was last modified: 24-03-2017 02:07 PM by CosmicGem.)
25-12-2015 08:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ansoncheng Offline
Still Here
Registered

RE: MegaMan SD
I already work two stage about tsumai man & torch man stage mockup.
Hopefully team can use that.
28-12-2015 04:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
iYamWhatIYam Offline
MrKyurem's Bitch
Registered

Revo Remix Contributor
This looks cool. I'd like to help in the music department! May I compose some themes for you?

Here's a Mega Man-styled song I made a while agofor you to review. It's in a .zip folder.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Donut Man.zip (Size: 1.31 MB / Downloads: 24)

Mike Crain Wrote:lol i take history with a grain of salt, because it's always written by the victors
and i wasnt there
- Mike Crain; May 2, 2016
(This post was last modified: 28-12-2015 11:11 PM by iYamWhatIYam.)
28-12-2015 10:51 PM
iYamWhatIYam Offline
MrKyurem's Bitch
Registered

Revo Remix Contributor
No. I will set one up now, and send you a PM with my Skype info.

Mike Crain Wrote:lol i take history with a grain of salt, because it's always written by the victors
and i wasnt there
- Mike Crain; May 2, 2016
29-12-2015 12:32 AM
MiniMacro Offline
Quack !
Registered

I'd like to help! I have experience in pixel art, music composition, and game design. If you need any demos, just ask.
29-12-2015 03:34 PM
Cyanosis Offline
Harbringer of Glitches
Registered

RE: Mega Man SD
Zipline Man's name doesn't really sound like a Robot Master to me.
Would Cable Man or Wire Man work?
Are you going to have a flying fox enemy in their stage? Apparently 'flying fox' is another term for a zipline. There could even be a chance to homage the Sonic crossover using Tails or Tails Man if you wanted to.

Spreading the blue disease...
07-04-2016 06:41 AM
Wkay Offline
Savage
Registered

This looks and sounds decent. I like the Wily Wars edit.

However, there's just one thing...
"Weapon: Vine Whip"
That sounds so wrong to me.

[Image: iZwWp.png]
19-04-2016 11:35 PM
CosmicGem Offline
Dead On The Inside
Beta Tester

10-08-2016 04:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CosmicGem Offline
Dead On The Inside
Beta Tester

Here are the Robot Masters that will appear in Mega Man SD.

SDN 001 - Zipline Man (Nature Guide Robot)
[Image: tumblr_inline_oeojf2dLCA1tkldkq_75sq.png] [Image: tumblr_inline_oeojf31RKA1tkldkq_75sq.png]
Originally constructed as a tour guide across canyons and forests, Zipline Man was built for the purpose of showing tourists around landmarks via a magnetic Zipline that would carry him (and his passengers) to wherever they needed to go. He doesn’t take his job as seriously as he should, and is often late. However, he’s been said to have such a fondness for nature that it makes for an interesting tour. (Which is most likely the only reason he hasn’t been fired) When Zipline Man isn’t out giving tours, to pass the time he enjoys adventuring into the outdoors and exploring the wilderness. It has been his lifelong dream to explore all over the world, but his work forbids him from spending long periods of time screwing around. He has a cocky attitude, usually getting under his passengers’ skin and messing with them for his own amusement. When the diamond shard took control of his hardware, He went mad with power; and wiped out all living species in an eastern canyon to use as his own turf. His wire was also made considerably sharper, which not only made him able to freely latch onto any surface he pleased but also turned it into a deadly weapon.

Weapon: Zipline Thrust
Dislikes: Television

SDN 002 - Switch Man (Power Control Robot)
[Image: tumblr_inline_oeojf3EF3Y1tkldkq_75sq.png] [Image: tumblr_inline_oeojf3ISw51tkldkq_75sq.png]
Switch Man was originally constructed to assist a large metropolitan power plant in Monsteropolis. His job was to regulate the stability of the plant, to avoid power outages. If the plant was becoming unstable, he would connect himself to the plant’s systems and generate power through his internal processor (Which is extremely durable and can withstand extended periods of time) to restore the electricity. When Switch Man isn’t watching over the plant, he enjoys programming software on his computer, with no intended purpose other than to momentarily amuse himself with pointless distractions. Since he spends all of his time indoors, he cannot stand sunlight at all. Switch Man is incredibly shy and socially awkward at times, and usually keeps to himself. He’s a very intelligent robot, who takes his job very seriously and he never allows the plant to fail. When the diamond shard took control of his hardware, he began to disrupt progress on maintaining the plant’s power supply by using it to gain energy for his own purposes. When the engineers working at the plant confronted him about the subject, he began to use his ability to generate electricity for violent purposes. The plant was soon completely evacuated due to Switch Man’s unstable state, and as such; Switch Man has began using it it as his own jurisdiction. He is able to mortally wound anyone who opposes him with powerful volts of electricity, and continues to gain more energy from the plant he currently resides in.

Weapon: Spark Switch
Dislikes: Summer

SDN 003 - Ember Woman (Entertainment Robot)
[Image: tumblr_inline_oeojf3Uug01tkldkq_75sq.png] [Image: tumblr_inline_oeojf4fLZ91tkldkq_75sq.png]
Ember Woman was originally constructed to entertain citizens with mystic fire dances that were beyond the human ability. She was built to raise more money for the Monsteropolis government, as her performances were always a crowd-pleaser and raked in an absurd amount of tips. She was later given her own TV segment for spreading her performance all over the world. But due to the impersonal feeling of working in a studio she ran away to perform on her own terms. Ember Woman is extremely full of herself, and she absolutely loves getting attention. Seeing the surprised reactions on her audience has always pushed her to do even better. When the diamond took control of her hardware, She went to perform on a small tropical island one night in front of one of the biggest crowds she has ever seen, but when her performance started she began wildly attacking the audience with her scorching fire. Many people were injured but all of them managed to escape the island. Ember Woman has since inhabited the island quietly, and she will burn any soul that sets foot near her to a crisp.

Weapon: Ember Twirl
Dislikes: Corporations

SDN 004 - Quarry Man (Mining Robot)
[Image: tumblr_inline_oeojf4m0I41tkldkq_75sq.png] [Image: tumblr_inline_oeojf5TYCH1tkldkq_75sq.png]
Quarry Man was originally constructed to assist with extracting minerals and goods from the ground in order to help humans make machines and necessary tools. He is tremendously large (with scoops on his hands), which makes digging tunnels a breeze. He also has drills on both shoulders which makes extracting minerals easier as well. Quarry Man can also roll around everywhere since he has extremely durable treadmills for feet. This makes trudging through rock much easier and makes it easier to support his bulky figure. In his spare time, Quarry Man enjoys watching horror movies with his acquaintances, as he’s always trying to prove he is the manliest. However, despite being very powerful, Quarry Man isn’t… the sharpest tool in the shed. He often acts before he thinks, and usually land himself in danger because of this. He can often be very rude at times, and will often interrupt anyone speaking to him (Even his own instructor). When the diamond took control of his hardware, Quarry Man started smashing things recklessly without restraint, and completely demolished one of the sites. All the workers escaped the site, and the SWAT Team was called to take care of the situation. However, all of their attack methods would reflect off of his body effortlessly, making it clear to them that he was much too powerful. The mining site was completely quarantined afterwards, and nobody has seen him since.

Weapon: Quarry Blast
Dislikes: Authority

SDN 005 - Jungle Man (Tourism Robot)
[Image: tumblr_inline_oeojf5hy6g1tkldkq_75sq.png] [Image: 8cfa469e-cd4f-11e6-95d5-252baf844bed.gif]
When Zipline Man’s cocky and irreverent attitude started garnering complaints from certain types of tourists, Jungle Man was constructed as an alternative tour guide. Reliable and serious, though not without a dry sense of humor, Jungle Man was a good compliment to Zipline Man, and the two occasionally worked together to manage larger tour groups. Jungle Man eventually found a niche taking tour groups of his own to more remote and dangerous parts of the world— places where Zipline Man’s antics were likely to get someone hurt. Armed with a wide variety of tools and weapons, and programmed with an entire library’s worth of historical, cultural, and linguistic knowledge, Jungle Man was a consummate survivalist, and well equipped to take paying customers anywhere in the world they wanted to go. When the diamond shard took control of his hardware, Jungle Man was in the process of showing a group of elderly tourists through the ruins that Sword Man inhabited during the Evil Energy crisis of 20XX. The diamond shard affected Jungle Man’s prioritization subroutines, turning his interest in cultural artifacts and treasures into an obsession. He abandoned the tourists, leaving them to find their way back to civilization on their own, and raided the ruins’ hidden treasure room. Then, he set off on a quest through the jungle in search of more loot, with aspirations of amassing an incredible collection of treasures, secreted away in the heart of the jungle. He began setting up traps to keep would-be thieves away, but his primary programming as a tour guide kept him from retreating into total isolation—he began abducting tourists to show them around his collection, leaving them to find their own way back at the conclusion of the tour. Jungle Man will do whatever it takes to defend his collection and defeat anyone who stands in the way of more treasure, but he’s generally non combative unless provoked. Currently, the most pressing concern about Jungle Man is the growing population of lost, confused tourists in the jungle.

Weapon: Vine Whip
Dislikes: Greasy fingerprints

SDN 006 - Orbit Man (Orbital Control Robot)
[Image: tumblr_inline_oeojf5IZh61tkldkq_75sq.png] [Image: add81370-cd4f-11e6-bf59-252baf844bed.gif]
Orbit Man was originally created in response to several bugs, glitches and damages on satellites that were causing them to veer off-course - in order to not risk sending humans out into the dangers of outer space. Equipped with gravitational manipulation technology and a trusty barrier to protect him from any damage, Orbit Man has kept an impressive record of zero accidents on the job. When Orbit Man isn’t repairing satellites and remotely keeping them in orbit with his powers, he enjoys conversing with his human partners about advanced mathematical theorems and puzzles. He has yet to admit the unfair advantage he has as a robot with several built-in calculation devices and algorithms. Due to his dangerous workline, Orbit Man can get very paranoid about his well-being, since one accident could be his last if he’s smashed into deactivation without a way to teleport back to safety. When the diamond shard took control of his hardware, his paranoia regarding his work had been dialed up to 11. He became terrified of the thought of anything and anyone touching him, for fear of breaking. Initially, he refused to go to work in order to not risk harming himself, but when his creators and coworkers tried to confront him to sort out the problem, he kept his distance with his orbital and shield abilities until he was forced to flee into an abandoned station. He completely cut off his line of communication after leaving a threat to send every satellite crashing down onto the planet if he wasn’t left alone.

Weapon: Orbit Shield
Dislikes: Huge crowds

SDN 007 - Tsunami Man (Flooding Guard Robot)
[Image: tumblr_inline_oeojf6M2OP1tkldkq_75sq.png] [Image: tumblr_inline_oeojf6mcJi1tkldkq_75sq.png]
This Robot Master was originally constructed to maintain the city’s water treatment plant. His original goal was to combat potential tsunamis. However, his actual job nerfs that almost completely, so this left him with a looming sense of wasted potential. In case of intruders, he has a built in harpoon gun, in which he uses to stop robots from trying to mess with the plant. He can absorb water with his with his arm cannon and stores it in his tank-like body. With enough water stored, he unleash his signature Tsunami Wave, which can fill an entire ocean in less than five minutes. He is a very calm and peaceful robot, however he also has a determined behavior similar to that of a marine captain. In his spare time, he enjoys gazing at the beautiful waters of the ocean as it makes him feel he’s part of the waters himself. When the diamond shard took control of his hardware, his sights on the world became less reasonable. He became even more worried, to the point that he felt that even the people he originally trusted in were more of a threat to him. He felt that the only way to stop his worries was to destroy everything that went near him. With his Tsunami Wave, he flooded an entire city and guided the sea robots for extra assistance in helping with his domination. He continues to lurk in the plant, while keeping his eye out for the next thing that tries to stop his plans.

Weapon: Tsunami Wave
Dislikes: Electricity

SDN 008 - Breeze Man (Windpower Robot)
[Image: tumblr_inline_oeojf6QBxQ1tkldkq_75sq.png] [Image: tumblr_inline_oeojf74CsH1tkldkq_75sq.png]
Part wind turbine, part air conditioning unit, Breeze Man is a versatile machine with the unfortunate drawback of being self-aware. His abilities as a portable power source and thermostat made him perpetually in demand, to the point where he rarely had any time to himself. As soon as one job was complete, he was dispatched to the next location in need of his services, day or night. Breeze Man wanted only a few hours a day to practice his crafting and artistry—sculpture, painting, scrapbooking, crochet, and so forth—but day after day, he was denied even the slightest respite. Frustrated, but programmed to be gentle and obedient, Breeze Man performed his duties efficiently and without complaint. That is, until the diamond shard took control of his hardware. At that point, he snapped. His first move was to sabotage the homes and workplaces of all the humans who once needed his services but never treated him like a person. He took a certain measure of satisfaction from overloading power grids and making buildings uncomfortably cold to occupy, but his rage was quickly sated. With no one telling him what to do or where to go anymore, he was free to pursue his crafting and artistry. Although he now spends much of his time creating one thing or another, he still has a taste for destruction—there’s still a long list of ungrateful humans whose lives he needs to ruin.

Weapon: Breeze Cannon
Dislikes: Telemarketers

Enjoy and please share your thoughts!
(Also, stay tuned for a gameplay video coming soon for an unseen stage!)

(This post was last modified: 28-12-2016 10:48 PM by CosmicGem.)
11-10-2016 03:57 PM
Scorpio Offline
Still Here
Registered

The sprites look good, but I think some of them (Switch Man, Breeze Man, and especially Quarry Man) look really big. Do you think you could put some other sprites next to them for comparison, or are the supposed to be huge?
12-10-2016 08:56 AM
Linzodakatz Offline
Pastman Pot
Registered

Looking good Gem!

Licensed Game=Cash In

Well, most of the time anywho

-Linzo
12-10-2016 04:56 PM
barberbarberjoe Offline
Still Here
Registered

Good designs overall, my faves are Quarry Man, Jungle Man and (to an extent) Ember Woman.

However, I wouldn't call myself an expert on robot AI ethics but isn't "wiped out all living species in an eastern canyon" seems a bit too extreme, if you ask me.

That said, any chances for controller compatibility from the outset?
12-10-2016 05:36 PM
Alienoid Online
Still Here
Registered

(12-10-2016 08:56 AM)Scorpio Wrote:  The sprites look good, but I think some of them (Switch Man, Breeze Man, and especially Quarry Man) look really big. Do you think you could put some other sprites next to them for comparison, or are the supposed to be huge?

First thing to note is that Quarry Man is especially supposed to be big. Wouldn't quite make sense to have a heavy-duty digging robot and not have him be bulky, would it? I can't personally speak for Switch and Breeze since I didn't create any of the original sprites, though.

That being said, here, I decided to compare them with the Wily Wars bosses. This was far more trouble to make than I expected, it should not have been as hard as it was.

[Image: 714a029d26f349ff9b9ea688c7a71e5a.png]
13-10-2016 02:52 AM
Valo Offline
Nooblet Tour guide
Registered

Iris AwardDeadchat AwardRush AwardUDON AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorZero AwardInafune AwardRubber Mega Man AwardPixel Master Award
I love how you tried to make a bigger style, but ember and Jungle still use NES sized heads and proportions. Where's the consistency?

[Image: RF8iZPq.png]
13-10-2016 03:57 AM
Kallisto Offline
Postman
Registered

I personally love how these robot masters are designed, and Quarry Man is pretty awesome. He looks like a mix of Ground Man merged with Guts Man.
16-10-2016 05:57 PM
CosmicGem Offline
Dead On The Inside
Beta Tester

This post is a little late, but here's art for Switch Man by Karakato.

17-11-2016 05:28 PM
Kallisto Offline
Postman
Registered

Love how you did Switch Man's design..I want to take a guess how he is going to work.

Basically he'll turn off the lights in the boss room, and all you'll see is his glowing orbs unless hit his switch with a special weapon! Smile
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2016 08:58 AM by Kallisto.)
04-12-2016 08:58 AM