Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest - Released! V1.6
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

Threads: 3
RE: Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest - Released! V1.4
(29-05-2016, 09:37 PM)gone-sovereign Wrote: Okay, now I'm having an issue where after I've beaten all the stages and tier bosses and collected all the Energy Elements, the barrier blocking the Wily teleporter isn't going away. This is on V1.4.
Did you restart your save? The Wily fight doesn't reset which levels you've beaten, and energy elements don't get added if the level is counted as beaten. I can PM you what line of the save file to edit if you want to do wily fortress again.
30-05-2016, 01:58 AM
Find Reply
gone-sovereign Offline
Regular
Registered

Threads: 2
(30-05-2016, 01:58 AM)SnoruntPyro Wrote:
(29-05-2016, 09:37 PM)gone-sovereign Wrote: Okay, now I'm having an issue where after I've beaten all the stages and tier bosses and collected all the Energy Elements, the barrier blocking the Wily teleporter isn't going away. This is on V1.4.
Did you restart your save? The Wily fight doesn't reset which levels you've beaten, and energy elements don't get added if the level is counted as beaten. I can PM you what line of the save file to edit if you want to do wily fortress again.

The problem I'm having is unrelated to the Wily Machine fight. I started a completely new game, beat all the levels and tier bosses and collected all the energy elements, but the barrier isn't going away even after I've reset my save. Huh

"You have to understand that people aren't just people -- they're a collection of the choices they have made."
- Peckinpah, House of Gold & Bones Part 3: The Answers
-----------------
DeviantArt
Tumblr
(This post was last modified: 30-05-2016, 02:16 AM by gone-sovereign.)
30-05-2016, 02:13 AM
Find Reply
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

Wow, I just realized my error. I'm really dumb. Will upload a patch soon.

edit: up now
(This post was last modified: 30-05-2016, 01:49 PM by SnoruntPyro.)
30-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Find Reply
DoomManFTW Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 1
I understand if you don't want to, but can you change the music in I think it was the 3rd Wily Stage? It is that Jake Kaufman composition that gives me copyright strikes.
30-05-2016, 01:31 PM
Find Reply
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

(30-05-2016, 01:31 PM)DoomManFTW Wrote: I understand if you don't want to, but can you change the music in I think it was the 3rd Wily Stage? It is that Jake Kaufman composition that gives me copyright strikes.

4th stage actually. It should have been changed in the newest update to an 8 bit remix of it. If it didn't change, something must have went wrong.
30-05-2016, 01:48 PM
Find Reply
DoomManFTW Offline
Still Here
Registered

If I remember right, I had a crash on the last stage in v1.20, so after I downloaded 1.40 I did (and recorded again) every wily stage and I don't see the theme changed.
30-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Find Reply
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

Try downloading again? On my end the .rar that I uploaded has the correct theme. Make sure you're replacing all the files.
30-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Find Reply
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Threads: 9
Hahaha, or putting three 1-ups in the little nook is fine, too. Good call on decorating the blank monitor with energy elements, and the Tier entrances look much better with the updated terrain.

More items for your consideration, and then I think I might be done with suggestions and bug reports:

- When the game loads, it's the generic loading screen now instead of the trophy.

- The hub music now has a pause before looping.

- Beat's text should read "Beat" rather than "BEAT" for consistency with the other names.

- The new tutorial signpost and envelope text have blank spaces where there should be apostrophes.

- For consistency with the other signposts, and for easier readability, suggest changing the tutorial signpost text to appear in a series of blue boxes (as it was originally) instead of a single page like the judge comments. So, "Signposts...can visit" could be the first page, then "Because this...Tier 5", then "Five judges...judges' scores", then "Here's how...level information", then the sample level info blurb.

- On the signpost directing you to the attic, Tier 1, etc, should there be a mention of Wily's fortress (or the big barrier, or whatever)?

- During the fight with Bright Man, ol' Brighty got stuck in the middle of the left wall in his final form when bouncing around and throwing sparks. I was still able to defeat him as usual, but it wasn't much of a fight after that!

- I like the Bright Man icon on the viewscreen at the start of the hub. Could we add a skull icon to fill in the gap on the other side once Wily Castle is beaten?

- Jolt Man's boss dialogue should have a comma at "...are back, too!"

- Upon re-defeating the Tier bosses, the energy element seems to appear in the floor for a split second before resting on the ground as usual.

- Tier 2 music fades out before it loops.

- For the letter from Dr. Wily just before the castle teleporter, is it possible to put a line space after "Dear Mega Man," and before "Signed, Dr. Wily"? Would make it look more like a real letter, and would help fill the space.

- Could the hub teleporter in Tier 3 be moved to the right so that it's not partially obscured by the health bar? And this is totally minor but it's setting off my OCD, could the third block below where the teleporter currently sits be changed to the reddish color for consistency with the checkerboard color pattern of the new blocks?

- Could we add a robot master that explains the Exit Utility? Something like, "What, are you telling me you're tired of running everywhere? That EXIT option does more than just take you out of a stage, you know. You can instantly teleport back to the hub from here, and even back to Dr. Light if you keep using it! Lazy butt." There's an empty spot that would be perfect for this in Tier 2, to the right of 14th place (Sunset Siege), all the way against the wall where the tiny ladder is. I feel like Hard Man would be good for this, or maybe Yamato Man, Enker, or Terra.

- I've had a few people on YouTube and in Twitch chat (myself included) mention that "Mega Man" should change to "Proto Man" when the disguise is active...but instead of changing that, what would you think of acknowledging it with a joke conversation? Like, have Kalinka standing somewhere (maybe only appearing late enough in the game that you've probably tried out the Proto Man costume), and she says, "Eddie sells some great costumes! I bought this one last week." and the dialogue is attributed to Concrete Man.

No matter where you go, there you are.
31-05-2016, 04:04 AM
Website Find Reply
Entity1037 Offline
That One Person Who Does Things
Registered

Threads: 14

Found another place where you can go out of bounds and scroll off-screen. But then I also tried using the kill button, and.... well you can see what happened.

I found a way to jam Mega Man into ceilings with rush jet.

Programming a thing, ba da baa, programming a thing, ba da baa...
(This post was last modified: 31-05-2016, 05:05 PM by Entity1037.)
31-05-2016, 04:50 PM
Find Reply
Entity1037 Offline
Registered

Found another out-of-bounds area.

No I'm not in an older version. I just don't like the 8 bit remix.

Another problem.

Another error.
I got this when I destroyed the glitchy energy element in the teleporter in the very top right of the level rush (I forget what level it is):

Quote:ERROR in
action number 2
of Step Event
for object item_weaponenergy1:

In script Freeze:
Error in code at line 103:
proto.image_speed = pre_isp;
^
at position 22: Unknown variable pre_isp

Yet another out-of-bounds problem.
In the teleporter in the level rush that's one row down from the top on the left, if you rush coil to the top of the right side of the screen you can go over the invisible barrier and scroll off-screen.
[/quote]

I have an error with the music this time.
I died in the pathway to the level rush in the final wily level (where the yoku blocks are, to be specific), and when I respawned the music was really quiet, but the sound effects were just fine. And the music didn't fix when I died, but it did when I entered a teleporter and the music switched to something else, and then stayed fixed when I went back to the teleporter room and the music went back to what it was when it messed up.

SOMETHING IS HORRIBLY WRONG

(This post was last modified: 31-05-2016, 08:28 PM by Entity1037.)
31-05-2016, 07:46 PM
Find Reply
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

I'm having this problem as well. Downloaded the latest version as of about two hours before posting this. I can't seem to find any way to access Wily's castle, the path is blocked, can't destroy it anyhow, but the sign is still there. Are you going to fix it? Do I need to fix my save file?
31-05-2016, 08:39 PM
Website Find Reply
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

(31-05-2016, 08:39 PM)Garirry Wrote: I'm having this problem as well. Downloaded the latest version as of about two hours before posting this. I can't seem to find any way to access Wily's castle, the path is blocked, can't destroy it anyhow, but the sign is still there. Are you going to fix it? Do I need to fix my save file?
What the...? Are you sure you have the latest version? Make sure you have 24 energy elements.

Also jesus entity stop breaking everything ;-;
(This post was last modified: 31-05-2016, 11:08 PM by SnoruntPyro.)
31-05-2016, 11:08 PM
Find Reply
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

(31-05-2016, 11:08 PM)SnoruntPyro Wrote:
(31-05-2016, 08:39 PM)Garirry Wrote: I'm having this problem as well. Downloaded the latest version as of about two hours before posting this. I can't seem to find any way to access Wily's castle, the path is blocked, can't destroy it anyhow, but the sign is still there. Are you going to fix it? Do I need to fix my save file?
What the...? Are you sure you have the latest version? Make sure you have 24 energy elements.

Also jesus entity stop breaking everything ;-;

Yes, latest version downloaded a few hours ago. 24 elements, dr. wily is panicking and new music is playing.
31-05-2016, 11:38 PM
Website Find Reply
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

(31-05-2016, 11:38 PM)Garirry Wrote: Yes, latest version downloaded a few hours ago. 24 elements, dr. wily is panicking and new music is playing.

Did you get it from google drive? I might not have updated that one properly. If you got it from dropbox though I have literally no idea what's happening and you should just wait for the next patch...

Also @Flashman85

The empty space on the monitor WILL be filled with something later, I just haven't added it yet. Also, it's the generic loading screen because transparency for the custom image refused to work properly and I just gave up.
31-05-2016, 11:45 PM
Find Reply
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

Yes, got it from Google Drive. Dropbox has been saying that this account has been temporarily disabled due to "high traffic" (which imo is just bullshit).
31-05-2016, 11:46 PM
Website Find Reply
Entity1037 Offline
Registered

I think what was happening with the lives in the last wily stage was that the game over wasn't triggering in that level for some reason, so I started getting negative lives, which made the lives counter continuously fill up like the top spin meter did back when that had a negative amount glitch.

Also, I see that true arena song in the music folder. That wasn't there before, was it? I was thinking of suggesting a boss rush mode, but it seems you beat me to it! Cool!

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2016, 12:01 AM by Entity1037.)
31-05-2016, 11:56 PM
Find Reply
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

(31-05-2016, 11:56 PM)Entity1037 Wrote: I think what was happening with the lives in the last wily stage was that the game over wasn't triggering in that level for some reason, so I started getting negative lives, which made the lives counter continuously fill up like the top spin meter did back when that had a negative amount glitch.

Also, I see that true arena song in the music folder. That wasn't there before, was it? I was thinking of suggesting a boss rush mode, but it seems you beat me to it! Cool!
Yeah, that seems to be what was happening. I have no idea how you triggered that though....

Also dangit, I knew someone would find that sooner or later ;p. It doesn't actually exist yet, but it will soon :3

also @Flashman85 again - I can't add line breaks because I only have 6 lines for text. I know I could split it into separate text boxes but that'd be a little weird. Also the tier 3 block stuff is not a checkerboard pattern, it's a diagonal pattern of 3 different colors. Must be your colorblindless, I guess.

New patch will be up sometime in the next hour or so. I'm also probably going to add a mirror on mediafire or something.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2016, 12:11 AM by SnoruntPyro.)
01-06-2016, 12:08 AM
Find Reply
Entity1037 Offline
Registered

(01-06-2016, 12:08 AM)SnoruntPyro Wrote:
(31-05-2016, 11:56 PM)Entity1037 Wrote: I think what was happening with the lives in the last wily stage was that the game over wasn't triggering in that level for some reason, so I started getting negative lives, which made the lives counter continuously fill up like the top spin meter did back when that had a negative amount glitch.

Yeah, that seems to be what was happening. I have no idea how you triggered that though....
Here's exactly what happened when I was discovering all of the glitches in the final wily level.
First I went through the very top left teleporter, beat that, then got that error I reported when I went to the very top right one and destroyed the EE. Then I went to the teleporter that's one row down from the top and on the left, and went out of bounds to the right. I then closed the game and launched it again, though without closing the previous instance's process in task manager. I then died on the yoku block section and the music got quiet when I respawned. I killed myself to see if the music would fix, but it didn't. Then I went to the teleporters, went to the very top right teleporter, and the music fixed itself when it switched songs. I then beat that teleporter, and went back to the teleporter room. I beat the other teleporter on the very top again and went to the same one I went out-of-bounds in. I accidentally died in that one, but I respawned even though I had 0 lives at that point. And that's how that started.

I'm sorry if it ends up not being that helpful...

Also, do you know what the name of the fortress boss song is, and who composed it? And also do you know who did the 8bit remix of I Can't Defeat Airman? I want to put them on my iTunes.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2016, 03:22 AM by Entity1037.)
01-06-2016, 12:31 AM
Find Reply
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

(01-06-2016, 12:31 AM)Entity1037 Wrote: Also, do you know what the name of the fortress boss song is, and who composed it? And also do you know who did the 8bit remix of I Can't Defeat Airman? I want to put them on my iTunes.
Littlelamp100, part of some soundtrack called "Mega Man LL" iirc? MrKyurem has the details. Also afaik MrKyurem actually did that remix himself?

Also update is gonna be up in a few minutes...

Edit: It's up
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2016, 12:52 AM by SnoruntPyro.)
01-06-2016, 12:50 AM
Find Reply
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

Still on 1.4, but I noticed a fatal bug in 6th wily:
On one of the levels, the one with the weed blocks things, at the end where there's this girl NPC you can't interact with, if you reach this part using Rush Jet, there is a missing wall and you can go straight through it, as usual, breaking the game and even death isn't permitted
01-06-2016, 01:44 AM
Website Find Reply