A Comprehensive List of Mega Man Fangames (With Links)
TheFallenAlchemist Offline
Dr. Wily's Bastard Child
Registered

RE: A Comprehensive List of Mega Man Fangames (With Links)
(18-06-2016 07:50 PM)Flashman85 Wrote:  I've updated the list again with your suggestions, thanks! Note that the download link for Mega Man X Rush to Battle gave me a file that my virus scanner detected as being unsafe, so I found an alternate download link for the tracker.

We can totally talk about something off-topic here; let's just keep it hidden in spoilers.

(18-06-2016 05:38 AM)TheFallenAlchemist Wrote:  Back to topic, should we include all the demos of X, Zero, BN, exc games never completed? Playable demos, mind you.

Are we talking demos of OFFICIAL Mega Man games? Those would fall outside the purview of this list, but that's a good thought.

(18-06-2016 12:02 PM)Karakato Wrote:  If Rokko Chan's listed there, then I'm led to believe that Rock bot should be included for similar reasons.

I included Rokko Chan on the grounds that it could pass as a crossover; for all intents and purposes, it's a Mega Man game with different people cosplaying as Mega Man, Dr. Light, etc. I considered Rockbot, but there look to be a number of stylistic differences that make the game fall under the "heavily inspired by Mega Man" category instead. However, looking at the game a second time, I see a couple enemies directly ripped from Mega Man, so that's enough to add it to the list.

No, I was talking about unfinished and playable demos of Mega Man X fangames. I'm not sure how many there are floating around, but these things should be archived. As I said, I already lost the demo to Citrus Cult, and even though it wasn't great, that's a piece of history.
18-06-2016 10:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lamda Offline
Ace of Spades
Registered

Roll Caskett AwardTempo AwardRubber Mega Man AwardChiptune AwardPixel Master AwardAce AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorC^2 Super Moderator AwardIris AwardDoc Robot Award
On that note, don't archive any of the old VZ tech demos if the idea comes up at any point--they're all shit and are beyond outdated in the face of where the build's at now.

Quote:Game making in 6 steps:
1: Get assets and program
2: Smash the two together until stuff happens
3: Beat your face into your keyboard when stuff breaks/doesn't want to work
4: Continue beating your face into your keyboard until you've smashed the right code
5: Rejoice that it works and move on to the next thing
6: Go back to Step 2 and repeat
19-06-2016 11:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dr. Wily's Bastard Child
Registered

(19-06-2016 11:22 AM)Lamda Wrote:  On that note, don't archive any of the old VZ tech demos if the idea comes up at any point--they're all shit and are beyond outdated in the face of where the build's at now.

Mostly refers to betas, or actual "demos." The only way we would need a tech demo, is if that's all there was and will ever be.

By the way, you're missing Perfect Harmony 0.06 beta. I have it, but Mediafire is being a real bitch. I'll have to upload it at work tomorrow. The game was more or less "complete" as it even had Wily stages. Nick just wanted to do too much at one time, failed to polish what he had, and you can see the results.
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2016 08:15 PM by TheFallenAlchemist.)
19-06-2016 07:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Smedis2 Offline
Obscurity Fanatic
Registered

Reggae AwardAuto Award
(07-06-2016 11:39 AM)Smedis2 Wrote:  I've been working on this recently (you've probably already seen it if you've been in Dead Chat), but it's an HTML5/Javascript-based game (it was made in Construct 2). Does it count for this list?

Change the link, it's been migrated over to GameJolt.

CHECK OUT STUFF I MAKE OVER AT
[Image: d03b37145145880c6532998fa3a49c20.png]
Here's my TWITTER
20-06-2016 12:13 AM
Dr. Wily's Bastard Child
Registered

Here's a personal link (uploaded by me) for Mega Man Perfect Harmony 0.6. It's one of my favorite fan games, due to the willingness of the game to break down boundaries and incorporate fusion elements. That's also why some people hated it, but at least it was different. It was also Co-Op. Please let me know when you have finished the download, and you will have to re-upload the file yourself. I don't want to give the developer anymore fuel for his psychotic fire. He and I are not on very good terms, but I still like the work nonetheless. I will be deleting it once you have it, Flashman85.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b279na...MPH0.6.zip
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2016 09:00 PM by TheFallenAlchemist.)
20-06-2016 08:57 PM
Thojoewhit Offline
Regular Joe
Registered

(20-06-2016 08:57 PM)TheFallenAlchemist Wrote:  Here's a personal link (uploaded by me) for Mega Man Perfect Harmony 0.6. It's one of my favorite fan games, due to the willingness of the game to break down boundaries and incorporate fusion elements. That's also why some people hated it, but at least it was different. It was also Co-Op. Please let me know when you have finished the download, and you will have to re-upload the file yourself. I don't want to give the developer anymore fuel for his psychotic fire. He and I are not on very good terms, but I still like the work nonetheless. I will be deleting it once you have it, Flashman85.

Perfect Harmony? Is it complete, because I just finshed Rock Force and I'm looking for more fangames!

I'm blue dabodedabodi
I'm cyan dabodedabodi
-Megaman
20-06-2016 09:08 PM
Dr. Wily's Bastard Child
Registered

Uh, I dunno? I've never finished it. Worth playing though, it's a favorite.
20-06-2016 09:23 PM
Thojoewhit Offline
Regular Joe
Registered

I'll take a crack at it.

I'm blue dabodedabodi
I'm cyan dabodedabodi
-Megaman
20-06-2016 09:51 PM
Thoron Offline
Still Here
Registered

(20-06-2016 09:08 PM)Thojoewhit Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 08:57 PM)TheFallenAlchemist Wrote:  Here's a personal link (uploaded by me) for Mega Man Perfect Harmony 0.6. It's one of my favorite fan games, due to the willingness of the game to break down boundaries and incorporate fusion elements. That's also why some people hated it, but at least it was different. It was also Co-Op. Please let me know when you have finished the download, and you will have to re-upload the file yourself. I don't want to give the developer anymore fuel for his psychotic fire. He and I are not on very good terms, but I still like the work nonetheless. I will be deleting it once you have it, Flashman85.

Perfect Harmony? Is it complete, because I just finshed Rock Force and I'm looking for more fangames!

From what I remember, it went up to some Wily stages. Don't quote on that though.

For another fangame with co-op, there's MegaMan Coop and Versus.
20-06-2016 09:57 PM
Thojoewhit Offline
Regular Joe
Registered

Just tried Perfect Harmony. Not my cup of tea. Sorry. Sad

I'm blue dabodedabodi
I'm cyan dabodedabodi
-Megaman
20-06-2016 10:21 PM
Dr. Wily's Bastard Child
Registered

(20-06-2016 09:57 PM)Thoron Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 09:08 PM)Thojoewhit Wrote:  

From what I remember, it went up to some Wily stages. Don't quote on that though.

For another fangame with co-op, there's MegaMan Coop and Versus.

2.5D is going to eat this alive. Tongue

(20-06-2016 10:21 PM)Thojoewhit Wrote:  Just tried Perfect Harmony. Not my cup of tea. Sorry. Sad

Not everyone digs it. It's different. Keep in mind, this is for archival purposes.
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2016 11:43 PM by TheFallenAlchemist.)
20-06-2016 11:08 PM
Thoron Offline
Still Here
Registered

(20-06-2016 11:08 PM)TheFallenAlchemist Wrote:  2.5D is going to eat this alive. Tongue

Oh, I agree with that (especially with its single-player balancing issues). But, as you said, this is more for archival purposes. Once 2.5D gets a level editor, it will truly be the best.
21-06-2016 02:12 AM
Thojoewhit Offline
Regular Joe
Registered

Are in-progress games allowed on this list? If so I've got a few to name.

I'm blue dabodedabodi
I'm cyan dabodedabodi
-Megaman
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2016 02:31 AM by Thojoewhit.)
21-06-2016 02:31 AM
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

(21-06-2016 02:31 AM)Thojoewhit Wrote:  Are in-progress games allowed on this list? If so I've got a few to name.

Yes, there are quite a few of those on this list.
21-06-2016 02:32 AM
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Spike Award
I've updated the Skull Man Kills link on the tracker and have edited the first post of this thread to reflect that I'm now accepting demos and unfinished games. Send over what you've got!

I'll download Perfect Harmony and will update the list accordingly with the other suggestions when I get home tonight.

No matter where you go, there you are.
21-06-2016 04:54 PM
Linzodakatz Offline
Pastman Pot
Registered

(21-06-2016 02:12 AM)Thoron Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 11:08 PM)TheFallenAlchemist Wrote:  2.5D is going to eat this alive. Tongue

Oh, I agree with that (especially with its single-player balancing issues). But, as you said, this is more for archival purposes. Once 2.5D gets a level editor, it will truly be the best.

Is the game still being worked on?

I haven;t heard a update on em in a while :/

Licensed Game=Cash In

Well, most of the time anywho

-Linzo
21-06-2016 06:30 PM
Dr. Wily's Bastard Child
Registered

Yes. Only a trailer animation is left.

...the game is done. (Minus bug stuff. I think that's almost finished as well.)

https://twitter.com/MegaMan25D/status/74...0102717440
(This post was last modified: 22-06-2016 12:39 AM by TheFallenAlchemist.)
22-06-2016 12:33 AM
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Spike Award
List has been updated with Perfect Harmony and Coop and Versus. I've downloaded PH and uploaded it to my Dropbox for future use, thanks. As before, if you're the person who made the game and you want me to take down the link, just let me know.

22-06-2016 02:28 AM
Dr. Wily's Bastard Child
Registered

I didn't make it. I just don't want the creator to know I'm hosting it, even though he should be greatful to have his work archived. I'll delete it promptly. Thanks.
22-06-2016 04:49 AM
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Spike Award
(22-06-2016 04:49 AM)TheFallenAlchemist Wrote:  I didn't make it. I just don't want the creator to know I'm hosting it, even though he should be greatful to have his work archived.

Sorry; that was a separate thought altogether—I didn't mean you personally, but "you, the person reading this post, whoever you are."

22-06-2016 01:09 PM