A Comprehensive List of Mega Man Fangames (With Links)
TheFallenAlchemist Offline
Dr. Wily's Bastard Child
Registered

RE: A Comprehensive List of Mega Man Fangames (With Links)
Oh, alright. I understand. I think I got rid of it.
23-06-2016 01:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
awd42 Offline
Regular
Registered

So, does Mighty No. 9 count as a fan game for this list? MM - Coolface

Regarding the Maze of Death/MaGMML/etc.:
23-06-2016 05:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Spike Award
(23-06-2016 05:03 AM)awd42 Wrote:  So, does Mighty No. 9 count as a fan game for this list? MM - Coolface

Regarding the Maze of Death/MaGMML/etc.:

Hah! Unless there are characters or enemies directly ripped from Mega Man with no alteration whatsoever (I haven't played it), I'd say Mighty No. 9 is out of the running. Wink

Now, back to our regularly scheduled semi-secret conversation:

No matter where you go, there you are.
23-06-2016 04:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Entity1037 Offline
That One Person Who Does Things
Registered

Speaking of Maze of Death (appropriate name by the way), I found a sequence break.

Somewhere in an Illuminati moonbase somewhere in the southeastern seaboard, Flashman85 is yelling in anger that his plan has failed.

Programming a thing, ba da baa, programming a thing, ba da baa...
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2016 05:54 PM by Entity1037.)
23-06-2016 05:42 PM
Linzodakatz Offline
Pastman Pot
Registered

(23-06-2016 05:42 PM)Entity1037 Wrote:  Speaking of Maze of Death (appropriate name by the way), I found a sequence break.

You should thank Sheep Man for saving you from doing THAT level all over againTongue

Licensed Game=Cash In

Well, most of the time anywho

-Linzo
23-06-2016 05:51 PM
Zieldak Offline
ROM-Hacker
Registered

Another game, similar to Rockmen R (mentioned here) for the tracker?
27-06-2016 11:04 AM
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Spike Award
After further poking around, I've discovered a HUGE number of games to add to the list. For those of you fluent in moonspeak, check out this thread. I'm grabbing everything that has a functional download link and doesn't require a login, but there's no way I can check everything out tonight. Expect a massive update to the list before the weekend is over, followed by a request for assistance in tracking down any of the games I can't download.

(27-06-2016 11:04 AM)Zieldak Wrote:  Another game, similar to Rockmen R (mentioned here) for the tracker?

As best as I can tell, Mutsuki falls under the "heavily influenced by Mega Man, but not actually connected to the Mega Man universe in any way" category, so I'm inclined to leave it off the list unless you can make a compelling case for it.

(23-06-2016 05:42 PM)Entity1037 Wrote:  Speaking of Maze of Death (appropriate name by the way), I found a sequence break.

Somewhere in an Illuminati moonbase somewhere in the southeastern seaboard, Flashman85 is yelling in anger that his plan has failed.

Huh. I was positive I tested for that possibility. Either something about the game physics changed that allows you to stay invincible that long, or else I really didn't playtest that room as hard as I thought. I wasn't sure whether Thunder Wool was going to be modified to behave as it does in MM10, where it doesn't pass through floors—one of the dangers of crafting a highly sensitive level with game mechanics that are still very subject to change. Oh, well.

01-07-2016 04:46 AM
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Spike Award
OH MY GOODNESS. Did anyone expect there would be HUNDREDS of Mega Man fangames out there? Check out the list now; it's absurd, and it's not even complete. I'm at the point where I need to start setting SOME quality standards for what goes on the list, otherwise we'd have an extra dozen "Mega Man vs Someone Else" games where Mega Man immediately falls through the floor and dies. In every game. I wish I were making this up.

If anyone is feeling particularly ambitious, please feel free to check out this thread (mentioned previously) and see if you can track down any of the games mentioned/pictured there that aren't yet on the list. I grabbed as many as I could from that site, but there are several I couldn't download or find anywhere else; Mega Man ARM 1 & 2 and Mega Man F come to mind.

Fortunately, I was able to snag the Mega Man 25th Anniversary demo we've been looking for. Other new highlights include an educational Battle Network game designed to test your math skills, an Atari-style remake of Mega Man 1, the fan community's answer to Mario Party, a game where Mega Man beats up Captain America, a Mega Man X scene creator where the only background location is a cheerful beach drawn in MS Paint, and an attempt at faithfully recreating Crash Man's stage by someone who felt it was possible to accomplish this without ever having played Mega Man 2.

02-07-2016 06:56 AM
Entity1037 Offline
That One Person Who Does Things
Registered

(02-07-2016 06:56 AM)Flashman85 Wrote:  OH MY GOODNESS. Did anyone expect there would be HUNDREDS of Mega Man fangames out there? Check out the list now; it's absurd, and it's not even complete. I'm at the point where I need to start setting SOME quality standards for what goes on the list, otherwise we'd have an extra dozen "Mega Man vs Someone Else" games where Mega Man immediately falls through the floor and dies. In every game. I wish I were making this up.

If anyone is feeling particularly ambitious, please feel free to check out this thread (mentioned previously) and see if you can track down any of the games mentioned/pictured there that aren't yet on the list. I grabbed as many as I could from that site, but there are several I couldn't download or find anywhere else; Mega Man ARM 1 & 2 and Mega Man F come to mind.

Fortunately, I was able to snag the Mega Man 25th Anniversary demo we've been looking for. Other new highlights include an educational Battle Network game designed to test your math skills, an Atari-style remake of Mega Man 1, the fan community's answer to Mario Party, a game where Mega Man beats up Captain America, a Mega Man X scene creator where the only background location is a cheerful beach drawn in MS Paint, and an attempt at faithfully recreating Crash Man's stage by someone who felt it was possible to accomplish this without ever having played Mega Man 2.

Well that's quite something. Some very interesting sounding fangames indeed. Also OVER A HUNDRED? I mean I know MILLIONS of people have played Mega Man so there's probably a good amount of people who have tried making a Mega Man fangame, but still...

I know of Mega Man F. It's a cancelled fangame that was being made by x-AbsoluteGambit-x. It was cancelled when his computer crashed I think and he lost a ton of work. Also his deviantart is down now, so... And I think the demos he released were privately sent? Don't quote me on that though, I just can't find anything about them. Also I've never heard of Mega Man Arm 1 or 2, but it seems someone commented a download link for them on the forum.

Programming a thing, ba da baa, programming a thing, ba da baa...
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 07:31 AM by Entity1037.)
02-07-2016 07:27 AM
Wave Offline
Resident holy man of Uluru
Registered

Rhythm Co-Admin Award
Have you got Mega Man 9000 on the list? It was a game project by Kackebango, but evidence of it seems to have largely vanished.

m8
02-07-2016 08:34 AM
Linzodakatz Offline
Pastman Pot
Registered

(02-07-2016 08:34 AM)Wave Wrote:  Have you got Mega Man 9000 on the list? It was a game project by Kackebango, but evidence of it seems to have largely vanished.

Mega Man 9000? Sounds like a Mega Man and DBZ crossover

MMxDBZ anyone?

Licensed Game=Cash In

Well, most of the time anywho

-Linzo
02-07-2016 11:21 AM
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Spike Award
(02-07-2016 07:27 AM)Entity1037 Wrote:  Also I've never heard of Mega Man Arm 1 or 2, but it seems someone commented a download link for them on the forum.

Ah, I forgot to mention. I did download those games from the link, but both of the zip files registered as empty when I received them.

(02-07-2016 08:34 AM)Wave Wrote:  Have you got Mega Man 9000 on the list?

As it turns out, I just livestreamed that last night. Smile Well, a demo, anyhow; there was just one stage.

02-07-2016 06:41 PM
Dr. Wily's Bastard Child
Registered

I hope this isn't too much to ask, but since there are so many games here, can you specify on the list as type of game?

Something like this:

Name Of Game: Type Of Game: Status: Future Plans:

Mega Man X Flash / Browser / Unplayed / None

Mega Man X Final War / Executable / Unplayed / None

Not all of us want to go through a million flash games and it's hard to tell what's what.

Oh, um... Mavericks 1,2 & 3 have been remade/remastered. We're just waiting on Mavericks 4. There's a demo for the first three games here:

http://megaman-x-mavericks.webnode.com/games/
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 11:56 PM by TheFallenAlchemist.)
02-07-2016 11:51 PM
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Spike Award
(02-07-2016 11:51 PM)TheFallenAlchemist Wrote:  I hope this isn't too much to ask, but since there are so many games here, can you specify on the list as type of game?

I've been thinking about distinguishing between web games and download games. Seems like as good a time as any to update the list.

(02-07-2016 11:51 PM)TheFallenAlchemist Wrote:  Oh, um... Mavericks 1,2 & 3 have been remade/remastered.

Although I didn't add the Mavericks Classic Collection, as that seems to be just a repackaging of the individual games, it seems like there's enough new content in Mavericks Final to justify adding that to the list.

03-07-2016 05:49 AM
Dr. Wily's Bastard Child
Registered

(03-07-2016 05:49 AM)Flashman85 Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 11:51 PM)TheFallenAlchemist Wrote:  I hope this isn't too much to ask, but since there are so many games here, can you specify on the list as type of game?

I've been thinking about distinguishing between web games and download games. Seems like as good a time as any to update the list.

(02-07-2016 11:51 PM)TheFallenAlchemist Wrote:  Oh, um... Mavericks 1,2 & 3 have been remade/remastered.

Although I didn't add the Mavericks Classic Collection, as that seems to be just a repackaging of the individual games, it seems like there's enough new content in Mavericks Final to justify adding that to the list.

Just the demo for now, but Final will also include the final game. He hasn't updated since May 2016, so I assume he's working diligently this right now. By the way, the remake of the first Mavericks includes some voice acting, which is actually quite good from what I've heard.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2016 07:58 PM by TheFallenAlchemist.)
04-07-2016 07:57 PM
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Spike Award
I've found even more games to add to this list. I was able to decipher a few more download links for the games mentioned on the Chinese forum I linked to before, plus I found another game download site with a few I hadn't seen before. I also went back and added the abandoned and in-progress games from Sky Pirate Arcade that didn't make the cut for my original parameters of the list.

04-07-2016 10:57 PM
Dr. Wily's Bastard Child
Registered

Awesome work! But you might want to change MMX: Corrupted to "Not Yet Available."
06-07-2016 05:09 AM
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Spike Award
(06-07-2016 05:09 AM)TheFallenAlchemist Wrote:  Awesome work! But you might want to change MMX: Corrupted to "Not Yet Available."

Done, thanks. I meant to go through the list and note any games with nothing to play yet, but I ran out of time and forgot to go back and do it.

08-07-2016 01:23 PM
JoeReviewer Offline
Registered

Speaking of games that don't have anything available yet, I've asked around and apparently Mega Man Eternal II is officially in development. There's very little now but their is a website and trailer. I don't think I can post links yet, but I found it pretty quickly after searching "Mega Man Eternal 2" and looking for something that looks like an official wwebsite on the internet.
12-07-2016 02:20 AM
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Spike Award
Good catch on Eternal 2, Joe; I remember seeing something about it before this list became as comprehensive as it is, and I didn't think to add it. I've also added Mega Man: Shattered Diamond to the watch list.

12-07-2016 03:30 AM