If you where to make a MM fangame......
Linzodakatz Offline
Pastman Pot
Registered

If you where to make a MM fangame......
So,first thread, ye me

So, for this thread, I want us to share ideas for a MM fangame, and what things you would have on it

For me, I was thinking of a MM8 styled game with a open ended world, with 14 bosses and various items, weapons, and secrets to collect

And I will call it........I dunno

So anywho, feel free to share your ideas here

Licensed Game=Cash In

Well, most of the time anywho

-Linzo
17-06-2016 10:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

RE: If you where to make a MM fangame......
I don't like thinking about ideas for a MM fan game when I'm making one already (well, it's SORTA a fan game) as it can be kinda distracting, but here's one that I have thought of like a year ago maybe but I didn't really care enough to make it.

Basically, it was just another generic Mega Man fangame (MMU, etc.) with the standard 8-level then wily formula. It wasn't supposed to have any crazy story and Dr. Wily was probably going to be the generic villain. If I were to actually make it now (though I don't want that right now), I'll probably call it something like Mega Man Maverick Precursor and feature Robot Masters that look less like humanoids and more like machines, maybe give Mega Man the ability to run/dash, and have his other arm replaced with some other kind of weapon, like a sword (zero) or a shield (protoman), dunno. And the plot will probably be centred around a pre-Mavericks period, when Dr. Light is working on a reploid prototype (prior to X), and Wily is inspired to make something similar to defeat Mega Man again. I would make sure it isn't a sequel-dependent story, it can work on its own and can be anywhere in the fangame timeline. Here's a picture I drew of the robot masters if anyone's interested:
it's huge btw
17-06-2016 11:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Linzodakatz Offline
Pastman Pot
Registered

(17-06-2016 11:34 PM)Garirry Wrote:  I don't like thinking about ideas for a MM fan game when I'm making one already (well, it's SORTA a fan game) as it can be kinda distracting, but here's one that I have thought of like a year ago maybe but I didn't really care enough to make it.

Basically, it was just another generic Mega Man fangame (MMU, etc.) with the standard 8-level then wily formula. It wasn't supposed to have any crazy story and Dr. Wily was probably going to be the generic villain. If I were to actually make it now (though I don't want that right now), I'll probably call it something like Mega Man Maverick Precursor and feature Robot Masters that look less like humanoids and more like machines, maybe give Mega Man the ability to run/dash, and have his other arm replaced with some other kind of weapon, like a sword (zero) or a shield (protoman), dunno. And the plot will probably be centred around a pre-Mavericks period, when Dr. Light is working on a reploid prototype (prior to X), and Wily is inspired to make something similar to defeat Mega Man again. I would make sure it isn't a sequel-dependent story, it can work on its own and can be anywhere in the fangame timeline. Here's a picture I drew of the robot masters if anyone's interested:
it's huge btw

Those are some high quality drawings, brah

Licensed Game=Cash In

-Linzo
17-06-2016 11:38 PM
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

thanks m8
17-06-2016 11:41 PM
Smedis2 Offline
Are video games real?
Registered

Reggae AwardAuto Award
This is mostly copied word-for-word from a design document I set up earlier.

SKULLMAN KILLS AGAIN (Click to View)

CHECK OUT STUFF I MAKE OVER AT
[Image: d03b37145145880c6532998fa3a49c20.png]
Here's my TWITTER
17-06-2016 11:51 PM
Linzodakatz Offline
Pastman Pot
Registered

(17-06-2016 11:51 PM)Smedis2 Wrote:  This is mostly copied word-for-word from a design document I set up earlier.

SKULLMAN KILLS AGAIN (Click to View)

Yeah, a game that you can play as SkullMan

I'll buy that for a dollar

Licensed Game=Cash In

-Linzo
17-06-2016 11:54 PM
TheFallenAlchemist Offline
Dr. Wily's Bastard Child
Registered

I thought we had an ideas section here on the forum. I didn't check it out that much, as I have no intention of ever making a game again. Smile I learned that lesson.
18-06-2016 12:00 AM
Jexulus Offline
Still Here
Registered

(18-06-2016 12:00 AM)TheFallenAlchemist Wrote:  I thought we had an ideas section here on the forum. I didn't check it out that much, as I have no intention of ever making a game again. Smile I learned that lesson.

You and me both.
Check out this ancient graveyard. I tried to make my own Smash fangame once, inspired by the efforts of Super Smash Flash 2, particularly with my experience on the Expansion Forums back in the v0.5b days. I don't actually remember how long this forum lasted, but it was very short lived. My name is different now, but you should be able to figure out who I am.

But to answer the question at hand: the fangame I would make, knowing what I know now, would be a joke. Literally a joke. As in, the robot masters and stages would be based on wordplay and puns. The level design would be fun and quirky, but the lionshare of my design would go into the stages and the robot masters themselves. The story? Also a joke.

[Image: sig.gif]
18-06-2016 01:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheFallenAlchemist Offline
Dr. Wily's Bastard Child
Registered

Well, I do like SBC. I'd say that's the bar for the Smash fan games right now. Don't know if we'll ever get that SP story, but they are working on it..
18-06-2016 05:42 AM
Wave Offline
Resident holy man of Uluru
Registered

Rhythm Co-Admin Award
If I could just conjure up games based on my ideas, and not have to factor in time, quality, effort, or any of those things...

I'd make a game starring Axl, set after X8, that has him alone on a mission in foreign territory. It would use a MM&B-esque stage select, that is beating a certain stage unlocks further stages linked to it. Beating certain stages would cause environmental effects (X1 style) and maybe even bar other stages from being played in that playthrough. It would also determine the game's storyline to a lesser extent.

I'd use the game's plot to make Axl actually a likeable character, and maybe talk more about New Generation Reploids and stuff like that. It'd definitely turn away from plots about Sigma and the Maverick Virus. I wouldn't bring Sigma in at any stage.
My dream would be PS1-style graphics. But maybe completely modern 2.5D would work as well.

Either that, or I'd make Battle & Chase 2.

m8
(This post was last modified: 18-06-2016 06:26 AM by Wave.)
18-06-2016 06:26 AM
Linzodakatz Offline
Pastman Pot
Registered

[quote='Jexulus' pid='24768' dateline='1466213007']
[quote='TheFallenAlchemist' pid='24762' dateline='1466208028']
I thought we had an ideas section here on the forum. I didn't check it out that much, as I have no intention of ever making a game again. Smile I learned that lesson.
[/quote]

You and me both.
Check out this ancient graveyard. I tried to make my own Smash fangame once, inspired by the efforts of Super Smash Flash 2, particularly with my experience on the Expansion Forums back in the v0.5b days. I don't actually remember how long this forum lasted, but it was very short lived. My name is different now, but you should be able to figure out who I am.

But to answer the question at hand: the fangame I would make, knowing what I know now, would be a joke. Literally a joke. As in, the robot masters and stages would be based on wordplay and puns. The level design would be fun and quirky, but the lionshare of my design would go into the stages and the robot masters themselves. The story? Also a joke.
[/quote]

If your robots master are cleaverer than MMRocks, then Shut Up and Take My MoneyBig Grin

[quote='Wave' pid='24778' dateline='1466231171']
If I could just conjure up games based on my ideas, and not have to factor in time, quality, effort, or any of those things...

I'd make a game starring Axl, set after X8, that has him alone on a mission in foreign territory. It would use a MM&B-esque stage select, that is beating a certain stage unlocks further stages linked to it. Beating certain stages would cause environmental effects (X1 style) and maybe even bar other stages from being played in that playthrough. It would also determine the game's storyline to a lesser extent.

I'd use the game's plot to make Axl actually a likeable character, and maybe talk more about New Generation Reploids and stuff like that. It'd definitely turn away from plots about Sigma and the Maverick Virus. I wouldn't bring Sigma in at any stage.
My dream would be PS1-style graphics. But maybe completely modern 2.5D would work as well.

Hmm, a game where you play only as Axl

Other than the bad X7 flashbacks and the MM&B stage select thing, sounds interesting

Licensed Game=Cash In

-Linzo
(This post was last modified: 18-06-2016 11:09 AM by Linzodakatz.)
18-06-2016 11:06 AM
UltraEpicLeader100 Offline
These forums are relevant to my interests!
Registered

Why not an metroidvania Classic Megaman game?

[Image: bOkx786.png]
17-05-2017 04:54 PM
guitarShark Offline
Regular
Registered

I would do a silly crossover mashup megaman game. My eight robot masters would be:
1. Kamina from Gurren Lagann
2. Bad luck Brian
3. James Pond from James Pond
4. Kellam from Fire Emblem Awakening
5. Cait Sith from Final Fantasy VII
6. Jar Jar Binks from Star Wars
7. A Dalek from Doctor Who
8. Roger Rabbit from Who Framed Roger Rabbit

The Wily Stage bosses would be:
1. Tail Red from Twintail ni Narimasu
2. Satan from The Devil is a Part-Timer
3. The Lion Man from the Ruby Spears Mega Man cartoon
4. Houin Kyouma from Steins;Gate

Final Boss:
A floating copy of Half-life 3

"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus
15-09-2017 09:42 PM
M. Jacquelinae Offline
I make Let's Players cry.
Registered

Curse of the Lion Men: The Game

[Image: 1WyygO9.png]

"I feel like there could've been much more done here, such as racial segregation" --Enjl, 2017
15-09-2017 10:23 PM
N-Mario Offline
Video Game Veteran
Registered

Rimmer Award
I've been attempting many Mega Man fan games a few times, but the engine has never been consistent to my liking. First fan game was an NES style, then an old friend of mine wanted a GameBoy MegaMan fan game, which went nowhere. My last attempt was from another friend who wanted a Legends 8-bit style game, but in wide screen, and modern colors. All of them which were never finished due to circumstances. Sad

My last thought for a fan game would be about a certain Met who would go on strike, and MegaMan would have to fight him in the style of Dr.Wily. There would be at least one Met Factory level somewhere. Though it didn't really take off, since I couldn't quite get the game engine consistent. Undecided

[Image: dolphin-turn.gif]
Are you MAN enough
to go for a ride?
26-09-2017 05:24 PM
maarten Offline
Still Here
Registered

I try to made an Megaman Battle Network fan game. Called Black OX. I have the RPG Maker XP file there.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3E140AD297...AD2978058F

European version. Use English.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3E140AD297...AD2978058F

Japanese version. Use Japanese.

Spriting and Art. Is my best. But I can't programming and scripting. Scripts that I can needed on internet have did it as well. But the Unsolved problems are the Option bar at the title screen. And more. The things that are fixed is the eigth directional movenement Intro

I want an team. But nobody would help me.Sad

[Image: Sprites%20inc%20sign%201_zpsx9rx8kev.png]
Creating with Sprites in 2009. Undecided
28-09-2017 01:10 PM