Gunvolt OVA appearing in Winter 2016.
TheFallenAlchemist Offline
Dr. Wily's Bastard Child
Registered

Threads: 33
Gunvolt OVA appearing in Winter 2016.
In addition to the Striker pack (GV 1 & 2 for 3DS) it was announced that an OVA is going to also release for the series. I always thought Gunvolt would make a great anime, and probably far more watchable than Man Of Action's Mega Man cartoon will be. There's just a small teaser trailer for it, but it's enough. If anything needed an adaptation, it was this.
04-07-2016, 01:21 AM
Website Find Reply
Wave Offline
Resident holy man of Uluru
Registered

Threads: 5
RE: Gunvolt OVA appearing in Winter 2016.
Hey, nice! Can we get a source on that? I always liked the Gunvolt story.

m8
04-07-2016, 01:49 AM
Find Reply
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

Threads: 1
The only source so far is https://twitter.com/IntiCreatesEN/status...7568442368

That being said, I'm excited, I think it's going to be very good, even if it's like one short film or whatever. Other than that, Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack is releasing on September 30th, which means that this is the latest we'll get the second game itself. Funny how Yacht Club Games is the one that's publishing it (Inti's other tweet talks about this).

I'm really excited for ASG2. VERY excited, much more than I was for MN9.
04-07-2016, 02:29 AM
Website Find Reply
Jexulus Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 0
(04-07-2016, 01:49 AM)Wave Wrote: Hey, nice! Can we get a source on that? I always liked the Gunvolt story.

It's on their Facebook page, so it's legit.

I personally didn't like the story at all. From what I heard, they cut a lot of the script during localization for the first game, and the game really suffered for it, in my opinion. I did not enjoy the game's story at all, and the game's upgrade and crafting system was obviously only there to pad out the game's length. It really hurts the game's replay value. I don't keep up with game development on principle, so I can only hope the sequel addresses these issues.

As for the OVA? I hope it does well, but I won't hold my breath.

[Image: sig.gif]
04-07-2016, 02:36 AM
Find Reply
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

Threads: 1
Most of the cut script was in-game dialog. After playing the Steam "English with Japanese voices" version, I noticed most of the dialog wasn't really important. It was just character blabbering about whatever is currently being fought. Regardless, as we can see from the trailer, you can not only see the in-stage dialog, but you can hear voices. For the record, there was no in-game voices in the ASG2 trailer that aired in March, which probably means that this striker pack is not only going to bring the original language version but translated like the Steam release, but there will be in-game dialog in the sequel's digital release definitely, as seen from the trailer. They definitely are fixing their mistakes. Also, it's rated T as opposed to E10+ so hopefully it means there will be a bit more edginess in the story.
04-07-2016, 02:42 AM
Website Find Reply
Gaia Offline
Offical Sprites INC Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Threads: 5

I'll just leave this here in case anyone forgot to post the trailer here..

[Image: 345y4jt.jpg]

Quote:(20:08:09) Gaia: jace hey jace
(20:08:16) Gaia: children's card games is on
(20:09:27) Jace: ...
(20:09:35) Jace: How the HELL did you know I put that on my TV
(01:30:24) Rhythm_BCA: be yourself and don't pretend to be what you think they think you should be
05-07-2016, 12:44 AM
Find Reply
Zynk Offline
An Indecisive Slacker
Registered

Threads: 3
*Cries like an anime fan on prom night* MM - Coolface

Anyways this looks cool (tho I haven't played the game other than the 8bit version)
05-07-2016, 02:06 AM
Find Reply