Which game introduced you to Megaman?
Lamda Offline
Ace of Spades
Registered

Roll Caskett AwardTempo AwardRubber Mega Man AwardChiptune AwardPixel Master AwardAce AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorC^2 Super Moderator AwardIris AwardDoc Robot Award
RE: Which game introduced you to Megaman?
I don't even remember anymore. Think it was X1, can't recall for certain.

Quote:Game making in 6 steps:
1: Get assets and program
2: Smash the two together until stuff happens
3: Beat your face into your keyboard when stuff breaks/doesn't want to work
4: Continue beating your face into your keyboard until you've smashed the right code
5: Rejoice that it works and move on to the next thing
6: Go back to Step 2 and repeat
21-08-2016 10:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ndraxian0 Offline
Apparently Posts Alot
SIBRE Alpha Testers

Rush AwardSaga AwardTempo AwardInafune AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE Contributor
if I remember correctly
MMII then MM3 then MM2 then MM4 and then MMX1.

Christianity is my faith not my religion. And neither should be pushed upon people.

Quote:(10:52:07) Jace: Screw the rules, you have Mistresses
22-08-2016 12:20 AM
Blackmore Darkwing Offline
Fanthulhu
Super Moderators

Revo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorTetris AwardRoll Caskett AwardBeat AwardQuill Award
My introduction to the series was watching my older sister play Mega Man Legends, or "Mega Man 64" as we knew it. However, Mega Man NT Warrior was what got me interested enough in the series to ask my parents to get me a game from the series (which turned out to be Battle Network 3, I wanted to start from BN1 but they couldn't find it).
22-08-2016 02:59 AM
Thojoewhit Offline
Regular Joe
Registered

MegaMan X collection for PS2 was the first game I got from the series. I almost got "Shadow the Hedgehog" instead.

I'm blue dabodedabodi
I'm cyan dabodedabodi
-Megaman
22-08-2016 03:35 AM
Austic Offline
Vittoria, vittoria mio core!
Registered

Mega Man 1,2 and 3. The Ios port introduced me to the X series, which I am loving to death to this day.
27-08-2016 02:40 AM
Shotoman Offline
Registered

My first exposure was Mega Man 2, at a friend's house. The first game I actually played through was Mega Man 3, which is still my personal favorite.
27-08-2016 02:56 AM
EXtremeXPerience Offline
(uhhrmmm...)
Registered

It's actually MegaMan as a spectator back in second grade, tried MegaMan 3 in fourth grade, MegaMan 2 then MegaMan 4. So far, MegaMan 2-4 are the favorites.

[Image: self1_by_megamanno99-dakh6k5.png]
05-10-2016 02:40 PM
boltgreywing Offline
Registered

Megaman 4 for me was when I first got into Megaman. I played Megaman 3 though but never was able to beat that game, it is pretty difficult.
06-10-2016 04:19 AM
Skull Bro. Offline
The Man Behind The Man
Registered

Mega Man 7 and X1 on PS2 SNES emulator. Still my favorite ones on SNES.
And Mega Man Soccer, which i still play today.
08-10-2016 03:20 PM
Kallisto Offline
Postman
Registered

If I remember correctly I owned Mega Man for Gameboy many years ago. Though back then I didn't know who exactly Mega Man was since I was too young to really understand video gaming like that.
(This post was last modified: 16-10-2016 07:38 PM by Kallisto.)
16-10-2016 07:37 PM
Seahorses Offline
Registered

For some reason I got Mega Man X with my Super Nintendo instead of something like Super Mario. It took me a whole year to beat one boss.
11-11-2016 09:22 PM
Bloo Offline
Professional Mediocre Spriter
Registered

Being born in 2002, I wasn't really alive to experience the majority of the Megaman series as it came out. However, I did gain some interest in Megaman mostly through my dad, who loved the series. My first game was X1, which is an amazing way to start out. Easily in the top 10 Megaman games. At the time (age 8) Megaman X2 was too difficult for me, so I turned to the classic series. My first in the classic series was Megaman 2. Again, a great way to start the series. I never actually owned any Megaman games though, these were all done through emulation. Eventually I did get Megaman Zero 2 on my GBA, which is still my favorite Zero title to this day.
26-11-2016 11:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kallisto Offline
Postman
Registered

You're actually lucky, I barely have the time to mess with games now, but you got a lot of time to try out the games of the past. Also with time and practice you can beat X2, the game gets really easy once you get all upgrades, and the only tricky part would be Sigma, I admit though it could be the playstation controller that might have made it bearable, so I can't comment how X-Series played like on the Super Nintendo Controller.
(This post was last modified: 27-11-2016 03:30 AM by Kallisto.)
27-11-2016 03:27 AM
cra1gw3st Offline
Registered

I started playing megaman in 4th grade...after watching the cartoon a friend and I would play megaman 2...We were bad at it...but then oneday after countless failures... I defeated my first boss...metalman...I never knew about..the weapon get...so when I got that 1st weapon I just kept going....after that I started looking for more. Megaman nes cartridges ...eventually went on the zero series...then X then BN...and starforce...
27-11-2016 09:12 PM
Bloo Offline
Professional Mediocre Spriter
Registered

(27-11-2016 03:27 AM)Kallisto Wrote:  You're actually lucky, I barely have the time to mess with games now, but you got a lot of time to try out the games of the past. Also with time and practice you can beat X2, the game gets really easy once you get all upgrades, and the only tricky part would be Sigma, I admit though it could be the playstation controller that might have made it bearable, so I can't comment how X-Series played like on the Super Nintendo Controller.

No, I can beat them now. I just speedran X2 in 36:59. But I couldn't back then.
28-11-2016 02:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
solarboy Offline
Registered

Megaman X, I actually played the classic megaman after Mega Maan X3 and didnt start in the frt game but i the 7th installment
(This post was last modified: 14-12-2016 03:49 AM by solarboy.)
14-12-2016 03:48 AM
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Spike Award
I'm fairly certain MM2 was the first one I played; I distinctly remember being at a friend's house and being magnetically attracted to every bottomless pit in Air Man's stage. Around the same time, I was introduced to a little magazine called Nintendo Power, and a family friend let me abscond with a handful of issues. I thought the cover art for the MM2 issue was the coolest thing in the world, and the level maps were so fascinating and vibrant. Everything about the game looked amazing, so I asked Santa for it one Christmas.

I got MM4 instead.

At the time, I was an ungrateful little snot who balked at a Mega Man game that wasn't the one I specifically asked for. But it ended up being one of the best Christmas gifts I've ever gotten: it kicked my butt and challenged me to get good at video games, and it turned me on to a series that has been a very positive influence in my life.

As a side note, I was a latecomer to the rest of the franchise beyond the Classic series. I played MMX1 within a year or so of its release, and after endless attempts, I could not beat the final boss...so I did the only logical thing and gave up on the entire X series. It was several years before I gave the game another try, by which point my skill had improved so much that I wondered what the heck my problem had been. The ending got me pumped to keep going with the series, but by then, I was several years behind, and it didn't help that mine was a Nintendo-only household until just a few years ago. I'm still playing catch-up (despite the crazy number of Mega Man games I have played), but the irony does not escape me that X1 is simultaneously what sparked me to keep going with the franchise and what almost convinced me not to bother.

No matter where you go, there you are.
20-12-2016 07:08 PM
Heihachi_73 Offline
Regular
Registered

(29-07-2016 09:29 AM)DoomManFTW Wrote:  I have seen most NES (and 9 and 10) on Youtube and since it was on PC, I actually started with Megaman Unlimited... Yeah, but I don't regret that choice anyway. What I especially love about Megaman in general is back when I was way casual after seeing on Youtube I would just use weaknesses on everything I could, but I wouldn't even care about things like their invincibility frames, trying to actually avoid anything or even find out if they have a pattern. I would just think it was mostly random.

But to be fair, the first Megaman game I've ever seen in my life was one of the DOS games because DOS is how I got introduced to video games as a whole. While I did not play it and I only saw like a couple of seconds of it (but due to the internet I know now how it is), that is pretty much the first time I've seen the legend.

Now that I think of it, the DOS version of Megaman 1 may have actually been the first Megaman game I had ever played as well, played it way back in around 1993! I could never get past that dog right at the start so I dismissed the game entirely and played Dune II instead ("Harkonnen vee-hickle destroyed!"). I had an Atari 2600 and Sega Master System back then so the closest thing I had to the game name itself was Megamania on the Atari, which to me was more controller-throwing (and sometimes cartridge-throwing) rage than any of the other games I had on that console, and I banned myself from playing it again!

The first proper Megaman game I remember was Megaman 2 at a friend's house in around 1996, but I never actually got into any of the games until the last five or so years (I eventually ended up with a Super Nintendo with Super Mario World, Mario Kart and All-Stars, and a weird and probably rare game called Vortex that I couldn't get the hang of), and probably only because the same friend wanted me to make some infinite energy cheats for the games. Suffice to say, since around 2013 my bank account took a nosedive and I now own a heap of the games (mostly the classic series), as I never got interested in the X series or anything else.

I like defeating Wily and his Robot Masters, couldn't care less about Sigma and Mavericks. It probably doesn't help that X1 also has a terrible soundfont which makes everything sound out of tune (same one they used on SF2WW/Turbo on the same console), and the fact you have to backtrack through some of the stages to get all of the heart/sub tanks and upgrades if you want a 100% run. On the NES games you only have to backtrack if you missed something (Balloon/Wire or the MEGAMANV/ROCKMAN5 letters) or went to a stage too early on MM1 or 6 without defeating Guts/Flame/Plant earlier on (e.g. Cutman>Elecman without beating Gutsman = no Magnet Beam, have fun beating Elecman twice or jumping on Iceman's Foot Holders or getting stuck on the first Wily stage).
25-12-2016 03:53 PM
BBLIR Offline
Casual game developer
Registered

I started with the Mega Man Zero series, then I tried the classic series with Mega Man 2 and started MMX with Mega Man X4.
26-12-2016 09:51 AM
kanna Offline
Registered

MMBN
I know this is odd.
05-01-2017 03:38 PM