Mega Engine - Open-source Classic Megaman engine for Game Maker 8.1 and Studio 1&2!
DWN No.000 Blues Offline
Registered

RE: Mega Engine - Open-source Classic Megaman engine for Game Maker 8.1 and Studio!
(02-09-2016 07:49 PM)WreckingPrograms Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 07:43 PM)DWN No.000 Blues Wrote:  Thanks the reason i asked is because studio gives me too much trouble...

If you're referring to the LoadFMOD() crash: that bug has been fixed in 1.3, which I just released, so make sure to check it out.

But I just downloaded it today and it still gives me the f mod error...
02-09-2016 07:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WreckingPrograms Offline
Programmer I guess
Registered

Rush Award
RE: Mega Engine - Open-source Classic Megaman engine for Game Maker 8.1 and Studio!
(02-09-2016 07:53 PM)DWN No.000 Blues Wrote:  But I just downloaded it today and it still gives me the f mod error...

I released 1.3 a few minutes ago, so you are probably still using 1.2. Please re-download the engine.
02-09-2016 07:54 PM
DWN No.000 Blues Offline
Registered

(02-09-2016 07:54 PM)WreckingPrograms Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 07:53 PM)DWN No.000 Blues Wrote:  But I just downloaded it today and it still gives me the f mod error...

I released 1.3 a few minutes ago, so you are probably still using 1.2. Please re-download the engine.

Bro...

It works well now that I can get it working.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2016 08:16 PM by DWN No.000 Blues.)
02-09-2016 07:59 PM
galaxyflowers Offline
Registered

Thank you for 1.3 WreckingGod <3
02-09-2016 08:23 PM
DWN No.000 Blues Offline
Registered

of Other Event: User Defined 0
for object objPauseMenu:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,8] out of range [1,8] - -5.weaponSlot(100017,8)
at gml_Object_objPauseMenu_UserEvent0_1 (line 32) - global.weapon = global.weaponSlot[option];
################################################################################​############
I'm trying to add a weapon and i followed the tutorial got the macrel or constant set to 8 an unused value and it gives me this error
02-09-2016 09:06 PM
WreckingPrograms Offline
Programmer I guess
Registered

Rush Award
(02-09-2016 09:06 PM)DWN No.000 Blues Wrote:  ___________________________________________
################################################################################​############
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
for object objPauseMenu:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,8] out of range [1,8] - -5.weaponSlot(100017,8)
at gml_Object_objPauseMenu_UserEvent0_1 (line 32) - global.weapon = global.weaponSlot[option];
I'm trying to add a weapon and i followed the tutorial got the macrel or constant set to 8 an unused value and it gives me this error

If you want any personal assistance, please send me a private message. I don't want to flood this thread with people looking for help.
02-09-2016 09:15 PM
galaxyflowers Offline
Registered

(02-09-2016 09:06 PM)DWN No.000 Blues Wrote:  ___________________________________________
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
for object objPauseMenu:

Why do you keep posting such large error messages... a simple rundown would do.. also, this engine may be too complicated for you.. you may have to just swallow that and learn some stuff...
02-09-2016 09:19 PM
Entity1037 Offline
That One Person Who Does Things
Registered

I'm trying to figure out how to add a custom font. I've found the MM3 font sprite, but I don't know where the font is set up or how. I've found there's a call to font_add_sprite() in objGlobalControl, but I can't find what that is.

Wait, nevermind. Figured out how the font shenanigans works.

Programming a thing, ba da baa, programming a thing, ba da baa...
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016 12:25 AM by Entity1037.)
03-09-2016 12:03 AM
Entity1037 Offline
Registered

Every time I try to change the icon in Global Game Settings, Game Maker gives me an error saying "The Parameter is Incorrect". I have no idea why, and I couldn't find anything on google about it. I am trying to switch it with this .ico image. I don't know much about window icon images, so maybe I'm not doing something right with the .ico file, but I have no idea what it would be. Any ideas?

03-09-2016 01:52 AM
Yozzaxia1311 Offline
I do various things.
Registered

The top solids bug still persists.
edit: nevermind, I guess updating my project will be harder than I intended. Can you please tell me where you fixed the bug?

Woahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoah
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016 04:02 AM by Yozzaxia1311.)
03-09-2016 03:55 AM
WreckingPrograms Offline
Programmer I guess
Registered

Rush Award
(03-09-2016 01:52 AM)Entity1037 Wrote:  Every time I try to change the icon in Global Game Settings, Game Maker gives me an error saying "The Parameter is Incorrect". I have no idea why, and I couldn't find anything on google about it. I am trying to switch it with this .ico image. I don't know much about window icon images, so maybe I'm not doing something right with the .ico file, but I have no idea what it would be. Any ideas?

Hmm, are you using Game Maker 8.1 or Studio?

Yozzaxia1311 Wrote:I guess updating my project will be harder than I intended. Can you please tell me where you fixed the bug?
I recommend importing any objects, rooms or other resources you added in previous versions.

There is an easy way to import your newly added objects, sprites, rooms and other resources if you're using Game Maker 8.1. In your project file, you can go to File > Export resources. Then, in the patches version of the engine, you can go to File > Import resources and it should import all your newly added resources automatically.

If you're using Studio, things get a little trickier. It's still possible, and it is not that difficult or time-consuming, but it's not as easy as in GM8. I recommend checking out this page if you're using Studio: http://bit.ly/2c2cXpV
03-09-2016 12:17 PM
Entity1037 Offline
Registered

I'm using 8.1 Standard.

03-09-2016 06:41 PM
WreckingPrograms Offline
Programmer I guess
Registered

Rush Award
(03-09-2016 06:41 PM)Entity1037 Wrote:  I'm using 8.1 Standard.

Whenever I try to select your icon, I get the same error. However, when selecting any other .ico file, I do not get the error.
I recommend creating a .png image of the icon first, then converting it using this website: http://convertico.com/ . It's never failed me, and I think it should work for you as well.
03-09-2016 07:00 PM
rcpinto Offline
Regular
Registered

(28-08-2016 06:27 PM)WreckingPrograms Wrote:  
(28-08-2016 06:20 PM)Yozzaxia1311 Wrote:  I also have a request; being able to transition upwards without being on a ladder.

Since that is not in the original games, I will not include it in the engine, as many people would actually complain about it.
If you do want it, however, it's really easy to set up. Go to Scripts > Player > playerSwitchSections and go to line 75. Here, delete "&& climbing == true" and you should be able to transition upwards without holding on to a ladder.

(By the way, the jumpthrough platform glitch you reported earlier has been fixed, so version 1.3 will not have this problem anymore)

Actually, you're able to transition upwards in MM5 and MM9 while on top of vertical moving platforms (bubbles).
04-09-2016 03:00 AM
WreckingPrograms Offline
Programmer I guess
Registered

Rush Award
(04-09-2016 03:00 AM)rcpinto Wrote:  Actually, you're able to transition upwards in MM5 and MM9 while on top of vertical moving platforms (bubbles).
Yeah, you're right. If you want to add that to your game, you could replace "climbing == true" by something like this:

(climbing == true || ground == true)
04-09-2016 02:04 PM
Entity1037 Offline
Registered

The problem with the icon was that it's just too big for game maker. It was 256x256, and I guess 8.1 GM doesn't like that. I just made a 64x64 + 32x32 .ico and it worked fine.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2016 03:48 PM by Entity1037.)
04-09-2016 03:48 PM
LemonPig Offline
Programmer level 0.1
Registered

(02-09-2016 07:43 PM)WreckingPrograms Wrote:  Version 1.3 of the Mega Engine has just been released! This update only contains bug fixes, but they are some rather major ones. The most notable bug that has been fixed is the bug where LoadFMOD() crashes the game in GM Studio 1.4.1760. Upon further inspection of the error messages, I came to the conclusion that I didn't need any of the newly-broken functions, so I messed around in the LoadFMOD() script and prevented these broken functions from loading. Now the error messages shouldn't pop up anymore.

From now on, I won't add any more features to the engine, as I feel like it has all necessary content right now. If there will ever be another update, it will be one with just bug fixes.

Download:
Game Maker Studio
Game Maker 8.1

The downloads in the main post have also been updated.

Changelog:
you should add wave bikes and fortress bosses,thats REALLY needed nowMM - Coolface

Quick man, u no die!?MM - CoolfaceMM - Coolface
05-09-2016 04:01 PM
MegaCross Offline
Registered

How do I add music for a level?
07-09-2016 12:53 AM
Thoron Offline
Still Here
Registered

Hmm, I discovered a strange bug while developing my own title using this.

If there's an enemy that's completely resistant against a certain weapon (like metalbladedamage = 0) and the player destroys it, if you try firing that weapon at where the enemy was destroyed, the weapon will bounce off of that location as if the enemy was still alive. This doesn't happen if the weapon used can damage the enemy. I believe the weapon collision detection is not turned off for dead enemies.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2016 04:13 AM by Thoron.)
07-09-2016 04:12 AM
rcpinto Offline
Regular
Registered

WreckingPrograms, I hope you don't mind (if you do, just tell me and I'll get rid of it).

I just created a Github repository for the engine: https://github.com/rafaelcp/Mega-Engine-Fork. Note that I've called it "Mega-Engine-Fork" to distinguish from the orignal WreckingPrograms' work. I did this to allow the community to contribute to the project, since WreckingPrograms won't be adding new features, and people seem to be already adding useful features to their own copies.

I'd just leave the following guideline: if it's not in every MM game or it doesn't even exist in any game, make it optional through some boolean parameter with default to false! Also, repository collaborators are welcome (having WreckingPrograms himself would be great Smile).
07-09-2016 04:55 AM