Mega Engine - Open-source Classic Megaman engine for Game Maker 8.1 and Studio!
MegaSMASH Offline
Registered

RE: Mega Engine - Open-source Classic Megaman engine for Game Maker 8.1 and Studio!
I have an really good question:

Where do I find the programm to start? I only got data as donwload.
15-02-2017 11:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WreckingPrograms Offline
Programmer I guess
Registered

Rush Award
RE: Mega Engine - Open-source Classic Megaman engine for Game Maker 8.1 and Studio!
(15-02-2017 11:24 PM)MegaSMASH Wrote:  I have an really good question:

Where do I find the programm to start? I only got data as donwload.

As stated in the first post, this engine can be used with Game Maker 8.1 and Studio. The former isn't officially supported anymore but the latter can be downloaded for free at yoyogames.com.

However, judging from your question, I assume you don't have any Game Maker experience. If that's true, I highly do not recommend using this engine until you've gathered at least moderate GML (Game Maker Language) skills.
17-02-2017 08:07 PM
rockrollbluesfortetreble Offline
Registered

could Somebody teach me how to make other characters in the Mega Engine?
i want to try it. i'll be looking at some tutorials while you reply.
17-03-2017 11:01 PM
notencore Offline
Regular
Registered

(17-03-2017 11:01 PM)rockrollbluesfortetreble Wrote:  i want to try it. i'll be looking at some tutorials while you reply.

assuming you're talking about making other characters in the mega engine; and assuming you're using the more updated MaGMML 2 fork; it's as easy as creating a new spritesheet by copying and editing megaman's sprite-sheet. Then you would edit the Megaman object to apply the correct palette.
21-03-2017 09:04 AM
Renhoek Offline
Made an account to use once or twice.
Registered

(21-03-2017 09:04 AM)notencore Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 11:01 PM)rockrollbluesfortetreble Wrote:  i want to try it. i'll be looking at some tutorials while you reply.

assuming you're talking about making other characters in the mega engine; and assuming you're using the more updated MaGMML 2 fork; it's as easy as creating a new spritesheet by copying and editing megaman's sprite-sheet. Then you would edit the Megaman object to apply the correct palette.

I'd advice against using that engine at the time being as it has issues that could cause a lot of problems in a full fangame.

Also what about his comment said custom character :v
21-03-2017 01:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
notencore Offline
Regular
Registered

(21-03-2017 01:58 PM)Renhoek Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 09:04 AM)notencore Wrote:  

I'd advice against using that engine at the time being as it has issues that could cause a lot of problems in a full fangame.

Also what about his comment said custom character :v

He changed the post subject of his post.
21-03-2017 07:40 PM