Ruby-Spears Mega Man YTP recreation
barberbarberjoe Offline
Postman
Registered

Threads: 2
Ruby-Spears Mega Man YTP recreation
Hello to everyone. If it's not too much trouble, I would like some help with something.

You see, a friend of mine is trying to recreate a Mega Man Youtube poop made using the "Electric Nightmare" episode (said poop might have been called Flash Stopper), but both of us can only mostly remember bits of the scenes and edits used to make it. He's not exactly good with vid-maker programs either.

With that all said, what is the best vid-editing/making program to use for a Mac user like him? More specifically, what would be the best program that's most similar to Windows Movie Maker or Sony Vegas Pro for Mac? My friend tried OpenShot and Wondershare Filmora but found that OpenShot was extremely limited and had some audio problems (also subject to crashing), and that Filmora requires a bought registration to activate it without having a watermark.

Also, if anyone has seen said poop and remembers exactly how it was like, please don't be shy to help. That would help us a lot, since we enjoyed it very much and we can't find it anymore.
31-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Find Reply
Gaia Offline
Offical Sprites INC Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Threads: 5
RE: Ruby-Spears Mega Man YTP recreation
....Can you remember some details from that YTP? Electric Nightmare being used as a basis DOES narrow it down a bit, but not by much. Also, how old is said poop? It would help if you remembered key details from it to narrow it down further.

[Image: 345y4jt.jpg]

Quote:(20:08:09) Gaia: jace hey jace
(20:08:16) Gaia: children's card games is on
(20:09:27) Jace: ...
(20:09:35) Jace: How the HELL did you know I put that on my TV
(01:30:24) Rhythm_BCA: be yourself and don't pretend to be what you think they think you should be
31-08-2016, 07:57 PM
Find Reply
barberbarberjoe Offline
Postman
Registered

(31-08-2016, 07:57 PM)Gaia Wrote: ....Can you remember some details from that YTP? Electric Nightmare being used as a basis DOES narrow it down a bit, but not by much. Also, how old is said poop? It would help if you remembered key details from it to narrow it down further.
Well, it should have been made sometime in the period of 2007/2008/2009.

If it helps, I did write down several of the parts me and my friend more or less got. Here are some of them:

Dr. Wily: Lucky for you, I have a contingency plan. I placed a spy in Dr. Light’s lab. Soon, Mega Man will be of no more concern to me than a fly on the wall. Lucky for you, I placed a fly on the wall. Prepare to leave at once. I’ll show those robo-fools who the real robo-fool is, won’t I...my little pet?
Toaster: * doings twice in a row *

Dr. Wily: At last, now I can control everything that’s connected to the power grid, connected to the override relay, connected to the master computer, connected to this single joystick, connected to the robo-nanny, connected to everything that runs on electricity, connected to the fly on the wall.

Protoman: Mega Man, you’re two minutes late, but you’re too early!
Mega Man: Sorry to disappoint you, bro, did I win or lose?
Bright Man: You were destroyed by Flash Stopper, you fool!
Mega Man: Really? In that case, I’ll have to return the favor.

Roll: Mega Man, what happened?
Mega Man: Someone tried to melt my titanium teeth.
Dr. Light: It appears that we have a fly on the wall.
Butler: Can we be of any further assistance, sir?
Dr. Light: Yes. Bar the outside of the bathroom door.
Doris: Right away, sir.
* brings the blowtorch to the door *
Mega Man: I got a sneaking suspicion the robo-nanny did it.
Dr. Light: Now why would the robo-nanny bar the outside of the bathroom door..?
* alarm sounds *
Police captain: Dr. Light, this is captain (misheard) at the central station. The city is being overrun by everything that runs on electricity! The police force can’t stop it! * Dr. Wily toggles the joystick as he says this * We need Mega Man’s help! Now!! Aaagh!!!
Dr. Light: Dr. Wily’s using Flash Stopper to control everything in the city!
Mega Man: So THAT’s what he was doing at the power plant.
* sepia flashback of Bright Man using his Flash Stopper *
31-08-2016, 08:11 PM
Find Reply
Gaia Offline
Offical Sprites INC Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Threads: 5
So around the same timeframe of Gutsman's Ass, since that particular scene of Dr. Light approaching the bathroom door was frequently used around that period. Will take awhile, but I'll see what I can do... But before I forget, who was the author of said poop? That's oddly familiar for some reason...

[Image: 345y4jt.jpg]

Quote:(20:08:09) Gaia: jace hey jace
(20:08:16) Gaia: children's card games is on
(20:09:27) Jace: ...
(20:09:35) Jace: How the HELL did you know I put that on my TV
(01:30:24) Rhythm_BCA: be yourself and don't pretend to be what you think they think you should be
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2016, 08:24 PM by Gaia.)
31-08-2016, 08:21 PM
Find Reply
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

Threads: 1
Best software for Mac for video editing is Final Cut Pro X. It's $200 on the Mac App Store so fairly cheap for a pro program (of course if you want to pirate then that's your choice, but I don't endorse it), and it's optimized as heck so it runs well even on slow computers. You also have iMovie which is free for Macs bought in late 2013 or later and fairly cheap, but not really good for complex stuff.

Alternatively, you could try Adobe Premiere for Mac (unoptimised and monthly payment, ends up being more expensive, but more features). Otherwise, your only other solution is to use Boot Camp to run Windows on your Mac and use whatever software you need then.
31-08-2016, 08:22 PM
Website Find Reply
barberbarberjoe Offline
Postman
Registered

(31-08-2016, 08:22 PM)Garirry Wrote: Best software for Mac for video editing is Final Cut Pro X. It's $200 on the Mac App Store so fairly cheap for a pro program (of course if you want to pirate then that's your choice, but I don't endorse it), and it's optimized as heck so it runs well even on slow computers. You also have iMovie which is free for Macs bought in late 2013 or later and fairly cheap, but not really good for complex stuff.

Alternatively, you could try Adobe Premiere for Mac (unoptimised and monthly payment, ends up being more expensive, but more features). Otherwise, your only other solution is to use Boot Camp to run Windows on your Mac and use whatever software you need then.

Thanks a lot, that's at least half of the problem solved, with any luck. Big Grin

(31-08-2016, 08:21 PM)Gaia Wrote: But before I forget, who was the author of said poop? That's oddly familiar for some reason...
We don't know, unfortunately. I doubt that Wayback Machine would help there. The only clue we have is that my friend had found a guy on a forum called InsectDuel, who linked to the YTP before in a post he made, but he claimed that he didn't make it.

Good luck though.

Edit: Alright, so my friend found the forum post with the link. Unfortunately, the video is private now, plus we still don't know who the actual author is.
http://insectduel.proboards.com/thread/5...ead?page=2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB_ZN5amJCA
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2016, 08:57 PM by barberbarberjoe.)
31-08-2016, 08:38 PM
Find Reply
barberbarberjoe Offline
Postman
Registered

Apologies for the double-post, but me and my friend have successfully managed to recreate the Flash Stopper YTP's script! Here it is, for people's amusement (fair warning, it's a long one):

Dr. Wily: Lucky for you, I’ve got a contingency plan. I placed a spy in Dr. Light’s lab. Soon, Mega Man will be of no more concern to me than a fly on the wall. Lucky for you, I placed a fly on the wall. Prepare to leave at once. I’ll show those robo-fools who the real robo-fool is, won’t I...my little pet?
Toaster: * doings twice in a row *
* shift to the science expo, which Dr. Light is at *
Dr. Light: Ladies and ladies. I am proud to unveil my latest 9000-series domestic robots. First, there’s Dolores, the robo-nanny. She feeds and controls everything that runs on electricity in one easy operation. Then, there’s Morris, the robo-butler. He can pick out your clothes and switch to stealth mode. And finally, there’s Doris, the robo-maid. She cooks, cleans and never really stings my circuits.
Doris: But I don’t fix Protoman.
Dr. Light: Well, almost never.
* crowd applauds *
Roll: I’m glad Dr. Light designed a better robo-maid. Now I’ll have more time to concentrate on being a better robo-maid.
Mega Man: No offense, Roll, but I think you better stick to being a better robo-maid.
Roll: Yah! * karate chops the broom *
Mega Man: *holds a broom again * Try designing a robo-dog catcher.
* Roll karate chops the broom with an explosion noise *
Roll: What was that?
Dr. Light: Sounded like the end of Mega Man. * Dr. Wily laugh as Mega Man gets on Rush *
* Rush grunts as they fly off from the Expo *
* cut to them arriving at the power plant, skipping to Mega Man walking in *
* cut to Rush already wearing sponges, then walking in *
* shortly after the Skullker gets in, Bright Man stuns the guards twice in a row *
Dr. Wily: Attach this override relay to the master control computer to this single joystick to everything that runs on electricity.
* Protoman does so *
Dr. Wily: I’ve done it. Now I can control the robo-nanny with this single joystick.
Mega Man: I hate to take the joy out of your joystick, Dr. Wily. I hate to take the stick out of your domestic robots, Dr. Wily, but you’re not in control yet.
Dr. Wily: Destroy him!
Cut Man: I’m going to make a better robo-maid out of you!
* Cut Man steps up and tosses Cut Boomerang, which Mega Man dodges *
* Cut Boomerang slices through Guts Man’s legs *
Mega Man: Hey Guts Man, what do you shout when you’re cutting down a tree?
Guts Man: Duh, aaagh!!! * falls down *
* Mega Man kicks Cut Man away *
Guts Man: Timber?
Mega Man: If you insist! If you insist!
* Guts Man steps up *
Mega Man: Hey Guts Man, what do you cut when you`re shouting down a tree?
Guts Man: Duh.
* Mega Man and Guts Man lower their heads thrice in a row *
Guts Man (slowed down): Aaagh!!! * falls down *
Bright Man: Smile, Mega-twerp! I want to shout when cutting a picture of your last moment on Earth.
* does Flash Stopper, only for Mega Man to wear sunglasses *
Mega Man: Thanks for the hide, now I’ll have to tan your rays. * shoots Bright Man, then takes a picture * He really got a favor out of that one.
Dr. Wily: And now/how you’ll get a charge out of this.
* Dr. Wily toggles the joystick in several directions 4 times *
* toaster doings *
Mega Man: No, nooooooo! No! * explodes *
Dr. Wily: Hoohoo hehaha! Nahahaha! (two different clips of Wily laughing) I did it! I destroyed Mega Man.
Protoman: I thought I told you I wanted to destroy my brother!
* Protoman shoots at the maquette *
Dr. Wily: Alright, you can destroy Dr. Light’s lab in the real operation.
Protoman: Now you’re talking, doc.
* cut to Bright Man facing two guards at the power plant *
Security Guard: It’s Bright Man!
Bright Man: Ooh, that’s right, gentlemen, and I’m here to light up your lives!
* Bright Man stuns the guards twice in a row *
* shortly afterwards, the Skulker gets in, then Bright Man stuns the guards again *
Dr. Wily: Get ready to attach the override relay to the master computer to this single joystick to everything that runs on electricity.
* Mega Man gets in Protoman’s way *
Protoman: Mega Man, you got here thirty seconds early, you’re late!
Mega Man: Sorry to disappoint you, bro, did I win or lose?
Bright Man: You were destroyed by Flash Stopper, you fool!
Mega Man: Really? In that case, I’ll have to return the favor.
* Bright Man tries to use Flash Stopper, but Mega Man reflects it and stuns him *
Mega Man: Plasma power!
* Mega Man shoots Bright Man away *
Dr. Wily: Don’t let him get your Flash Stopper, you fool!
Mega Man: * unscrews the Flash Stopper * Rush, fetch!
* Rush catches it and blinds the Robot Masters with it twice in a row *
Dr. Wily: You fools! I’ll have to destroy Mega Man myself!
Protoman: I thought I told you I wanted to destroy my brother.
* the Skullker gets filled with steam as Wily suffocates, forcing him to run with the RMs *
Dr. Wily: I’ll be back, Mega Man, and next time, you won’t be so sorry.
* quick cut of Dr. Wily at his hideout, then shift to Dr. Light’s lab *
Morris: Care to brush your Flash Stopper, you fool!
Mega Man: No thanks, Morris, the only thing that gives me cavities is Dr. Wily. But I could use a good cleaning after a dirty battle with Bright Man.
* mysterious hand brings the blowtorch to the door thrice in a row *
Mega Man: Huh? Oh no, it’s acid! The only thing that gives me cavities is acid!
* tries to pull the doorknob three times in a row *
Mega Man: It’s locked from the outside. And Dr. Light reinforced the lab with titanium teeth to keep Dr. Wily out. Only now, it’s keeping me out!
Roll: Stick around for more Mega Man after these messages!
* Dr. Wily toggles the joystick *
Rush: Woof, woof! Now back, Mega Man! * howls *
* lights flicker on and off *
Dr. Light: Hmm...
*lights flicker on and off *
* Dr. Wily toggles the joystick *
* lights flicker on and off *
* Protoman and Pharoah Man attach the override relay after blowing up a panel *
Dr. Wily: At last, now I control everything that’s connected to the power grid, connected to the override relay, connected to the master computer, connected to this single joystick, connected to everything that runs on electricity, connected to the robo-nanny, connected to the fly on the wall.
Security guard: We’re under attack by Bright Man, send in the army!
Dr. Wily (over the phone): Flash Stopper, you fool!
* Dr. Wily toggles the joystick and ties up the security guard with the telephone *
Dr. Wily: With the robo-nanny under my control, and Mega Man locked from the outside, the world is mine, hahahaha!
Mega Man: I’ve only got a few seconds left!
Dr. Light: Now why would anyone bar the outside of the bathroom door..? Oh no!!
* unwelds the door open *
Mega Man: Good timing, Dr. Light. Another second and I would have been Mega sorry Mush.
Roll: Mega Man, what happened?
Mega Man: Someone tried to give me cavities.
Dr. Light: It appears we got a fly on the wall.
Morris: Can we be of any further assistance, sir?
Dr. Light: Yes. Bar the outside of the bathroom door.
Doris: Right away, sir.
* brings the blowtorch to the door *
Mega Man: I got a sneaking suspicion the robo-nanny did it.
Dr. Light: Now why would the robo-nanny bar the outside of the bathroom door..?
* alarm sounds, with Mega Man, Roll and Dr. Light running to the monitor *
Police captain: Dr. Light, this is captain (misheard) at the central station. The city is being overrun by everything that runs on electricity! The police force can’t stop it! * Dr. Wily toggles the joystick in joy as he says this * We need Mega Man’s help! Now!! Aaagh!!!
Dr. Light: Dr. Wily’s using Flash Stopper to control everything in the city!
Mega Man: So THAT’s what he was doing at the power plant.
* slowed-down sepia flashback of Bright Man using his Flash Stopper *
Dr. Light: I must figure out some way to stop it.
Mega Man: Come on Rush, we gotta help those domestic robots. Rush?
Doris: Nice doggie.
Rush: Hur hur hur hur...
* Doris opens Rush’s head and inserts a circuit card *
Doris: * giggles *
* Rush scratching and Mega Man sliding repeats twice, with the second having a Mega Man close-up *
Mega Man: I’ve been looking all over for you, we’ve got work to do!
* Rush obliges and transforms *
Mega Man: Let’s burn pot. * blasts off *
* cut to Mega Man and Rush flying in the city *
Mega Man: We’ll be there any second, Rush!
* Rush goes on the fritz *
Mega Man: Rush, what’s gotten into you-ou-ouu!?
* flies out of control and hits the traffic light on the way *
Mega Man: Rush! Slow dowwn!
* Rush skids to a halt in a back alley *
Mega Man: Whoa!
* crashes and groans *
Guts Man: Alright, you metal meddler, get ready to join the junk heap!
* Guts Man throws a punch three or four times in a row *
Mega Man: No, nooooooo! No!
* explosion noise during a white flash *
* cut to Guts Man and Cut Man blinded by a trash can and its lid *
Guts Man: Hey!
Cut Man: You...
* cut to Guts Man beating up Cut Man repeatedly *
Dr. Wily: Flash Stopper, you fool!
* Bright Man uses the Flash Stopper *
* Guts Man beating up Cut Man gets frozen by the Flash Stopper, after a white flash *
Mega Man (slowed down): Noooooo! * explodes *

Also, my friend and I talked about it, and decided that him remaking the poop might be more trouble than it's worth. So, if anyone has the editing skills to remake it themselves and wants to use the script, go right on ahead! We'd be grateful for it.
14-09-2016, 09:19 PM
Find Reply