MaGMML2 - Rules + Discussion. JUDGING IN PROGRESS
JupiHornet Offline
Regular
MaGMML Judge

RE: MaGMML2 - Rules + Discussion. JUDGING IN PROGRESS
I forgot to mention that I finished judging about a week ago! I meant to write this back then but I forgot. So, here are some general impressions about the contest.

Overall, I was really pleased with the quality of levels. The original MaGMML had 2 or 3 good levels, 1 atrocious level, and the rest were...meh, okay at best. However, this contest had several really, REALLY good levels! I was surprised by the creativity and originality a lot of you guys had in your level gimmicks. On the other hand, this contest's bad levels were just ;A;

Also, for some trivia, my highest overall score was 49 and my lowest was 1 Tongue
07-03-2017 02:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SamuraiSushiSlice Offline
Shurikens Miner, Defender of Top Spin
Registered

Will this one be possible to play right off the bat? 'Cause I had a huge problem trying to get MaGMML 1 to work. Still haven't been able to play it.
12-03-2017 11:43 PM
awd42 Offline
Regular
Registered

It should be... there has been a lot of hard work testing and bugfixing put into this already, before and during the contest period (and the work continues -- it isn't out yet!). It's going to be so much better than MaGMML1... I'm hyped! MM - 1up

Not to say it will be bug-free, as Game Maker 8.x has its own set of issues, and some engine bugs can't be fixed without breaking people's levels, but it should be stable and playable. Of course, that assumes you extract it correctly! I've literally never encountered the error you found with MaGMML1, nor heard of anyone else hitting it, but did verify just now that I get that error if I delete supersound.dll. So don't do that. Tongue
14-03-2017 04:39 AM
TeuScoops Offline
Registered

Question. Since you released the dev-kit, would it be possible to create standalone megaman games with those tools? Or is it exclusively for the contest?
24-03-2017 08:34 PM
Entity1037 Online
That One Person Who Does Things
Registered

You can create a game with it. However we plan to polish up, fix up, and release the engine itself after the contest for people to use. So I'd wait until then to do stuff with it.

Programming a thing, ba da baa, programming a thing, ba da baa...
24-03-2017 10:11 PM
TeuScoops Offline
Registered

(24-03-2017 10:11 PM)Entity1037 Wrote:  You can create a game with it. However we plan to polish up, fix up, and release the engine itself after the contest for people to use. So I'd wait until then to do stuff with it.

Cool. Figured I could make my own little fangame. Dust off my 2d art skills and try my hand at sprites.
25-03-2017 02:39 AM