MaGMML2 - RESULTS! THE WINNER IS REVEALED!
ArsenicSulfide Offline
YOU'RE THE BEST, AROUND
Registered

RE: MaGMML2 - RESULTS! THE WINNER IS REVEALED!
I'd just like to say that I'm super hyped to play this. I've been trying to avoid the results streams, but I couldn't help myself. This seems like a huge step up from the last one.

Quarantine woman's level is so good, I love it.
01-06-2017 01:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Spike Award
I'm assuming most people are aware already, but just in case...the MaGMML2 results streams are now fully archived on YouTube, divided by tier into smaller chunks:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...xy5eVFvnbk

Any further MaGMML2 livestreams from me will take place after the game is released to the public, and I'll play to 100% completion at a casual pace.

No matter where you go, there you are.
01-06-2017 04:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Entity1037 Offline
That One Person Who Does Things
Registered

Garirry's score breakdowns sheet doesn't have the names of the levels, just the numbers they were given in the judge hub. JupiHornet's score breakdowns list my stage as "The Stage No One Asked For" instead of "The Stage Nobody Asked For". Ace's breakdown sheet is finicky, scrolling by shifting the next row of boxes to the top of the screen instead of smoothly scrolling, which makes it hard to keep track of it. And on my stage the bottom of the boxes for my scores goes off the page to the bottom, making my scores be off-screen, and unable to be seen since I again can't scroll half-way down a row or something.

Programming a thing, ba da baa, programming a thing, ba da baa...
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2017 11:05 AM by Entity1037.)
09-06-2017 12:29 AM
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

(09-06-2017 12:29 AM)Entity1037 Wrote:  Garirry's score breakdowns sheet doesn't have the names of the levels, just the numbers they were given in the judge hub.

Yeah that's my fault. I didn't bother to write down the names of the levels while judging them since I thought the judge numbers would be enough.
09-06-2017 12:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gone-sovereign Offline
Regular
Registered

I made a stat sheet today for the results to this contest. You might be interested if you're curious how highly your level ranked with an individual judge, or how it scored compared to some of the levels from the first Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest. You can view the stat sheet here.

Obviously since there were 81 entries and the grading rubric scored on a scale of 50, judges sometimes handed out the same number score to multiple levels, creating a tie. When this happens on the spreadsheet, the tiebreaker is decided by how highly the level ranked on the official rankings. Since the MaGMML1 levels scored on a scale of 100, the scores for these levels were simply divided in half. The favorites and least favorites of judges are identified with green and red cells, respectively. MaGMML1 levels are shown in italics.

All that said, here's some interesting statistical observations about the contest results:

"You have to understand that people aren't just people -- they're a collection of the choices they have made."
- Peckinpah, House of Gold & Bones Part 3: The Answers
-----------------
DeviantArt
Tumblr
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2017 02:19 AM by gone-sovereign.)
18-06-2017 01:12 AM
JupiHornet Offline
Regular
MaGMML Judge

(09-06-2017 12:29 AM)Entity1037 Wrote:  JupiHornet's score breakdowns list my stage as "The Stage No One Asked For" instead of "The Stage Nobody Asked For".
Whoops.
I keep calling it The Stage No One Asked For because it sounds better to me XP
19-06-2017 03:03 PM
notencore Offline
Still Here
Registered

I'd like my level to be removed from the contest.
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2017 03:29 AM by notencore.)
20-06-2017 02:53 AM
lizardcommando Offline
Regular
Registered

I don't think that's allowed, is it?
20-06-2017 04:46 AM
Entity1037 Offline
That One Person Who Does Things
Registered

(20-06-2017 02:53 AM)notencore Wrote:  I'd like my level to be removed from the contest.

Why? I liked your level T.T

Programming a thing, ba da baa, programming a thing, ba da baa...
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2017 06:07 AM by Entity1037.)
20-06-2017 06:05 AM
MrKyurem Offline
One of your Five a Day!
Registered

Revo Remix ContributorBooblight Award
Please also remove my level from this contest. Those who know what Pyro said should do the same.

[Image: AoB1VA5.png]
20-06-2017 09:01 AM
GavinDragon Offline
Dragon Kitty
Registered

(20-06-2017 09:01 AM)MrKyurem Wrote:  Please also remove my level from this contest. Those who know what Pyro said should do the same.

i cant tell if you people are joking or serious and either way i'm confused.
20-06-2017 09:34 AM
ThatOneEnderMan Offline
The Saltest of the Salt
Registered

Okay um this post originally was me saying a shitty reason why I want my level removed but tl;dr I fucked up and changed my mind.
Note to self: don't post emotional shit at 6 30 in the the morning :L

Quote:(22:10:44) ThatOneEnderMan: "We must band together and something something...." *next post* "I'm eating Pop Tarts"
(22:11:05) iYamWhatIYam: me_irl
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2017 02:11 PM by ThatOneEnderMan.)
20-06-2017 11:18 AM
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

Wedge AwardRockman Award
FIRST DISCLAIMER: We are not removing any levels. Regardless of technicalities in rules or whatever there's loads of reasons why it shouldn't happen. It would be incredibly awkward from a hub design standpoint, and one of the levels that would be removed (Boil Man) has its assets reused in at least two of the Wily stages so that would require some significant redesigns. Plus, allowing people to pull their levels would be a dangerous precedent for ridiculous things being technically allowed, like people pulling their levels from the game because they didn't get as high as they wanted to.

For those that don't know, CosmicGem quit the team for reasons I won't disclose and built up anger over time made me incredibly angry because Cosmic has had a history of only ever listening to and respecting Threxx, who, from my observations (I later learned that this was not true!!!) had a history of just telling him "you are the worst Mega Man style composer" and nothing actually helpful, so I got incredibly angry at Cosmic and made an offhand comment in a private MaGMML2 discord channel that I wished Threxx would die. However, those messages also came with context that it was purely venting and I literally said afterwards "I'll just shut up now so I won't say more things I regret." It was private for a reason and it was purely venting and I only put it there under the assumption people would actually know that I was just extremely angry and needed to let out steam.

However, a currently unknown leaker leaked those private messages to multiple people outside of the discord, and things quickly blew up. I missed the original blowup because I was doing something else but noten made the above post and I was informed that apparently noten was accusing me of things for hating Threxx. A long discussion in spoilerchat in the magmml2 discord ensued where I tried to explain what was happening and where Lamda and Cresh explained everything more tactfully than I ever could. Later on noten apparently admitted to only wanting to post the above post because they just wanted to piss me off. At this point, I was really angry, and since people had been screencapping conversations left and right I was convinced to just make a statement about it publically along the lines of "the death wish was an exaggeration and I didn't literally mean it" and when things got back to the normal jokey mood of the server I went to bed.

Come to the morning, where I learned it had escalated further and people were telling me to DM Threxx, DM Threxx, DM Threxx, and chat logs were shown where Threxx said they were fully willing to talk it out, contrary to my belief. This was a mistake I had made on my end because I had thought Threxx was unapproachable due to my previous assumptions based on interactions with him. I also learned that despite all context surrounding the death wish showing it was pure venting, people talked about it as if I legitimately meant it. Eventually I tried to calm down and decided to DM Threxx, but I shared no mutual servers with them and they had the DM setting of 'only accept people w/ mutual servers' on. I got Jupi to link me back to Cosmic's Mega Man server and went on invisible so people wouldn't notice, but Jupi apparently missed that and directly mentioned I was there which made multiple people freak out and lead to me getting kicked from the server as a kneejerk reaction. Threxx just told me through message screencaps to get in the deadchat discord and then the DMs started.

While I'm not going to explain what happened in the DM in detail, after it was done some offhand comments Threxx made in another discord made me very angry and so I burst in and a long argument ensued where...things happened. There were some nasty comments made and it wasn't exactly pleasent, but in the end I was able to calm down and things were....kind of....worked out????? and in the process Threxx convinced me to remove the MM Eternal Scorch Man from the game so we're replacing it with the Scorch Man from Zook Man Z.

So in short, what happened was that a purely private venting comment was leaked and then a giant mess blew up about it. Still, I apologize for the deathwish and it was an incredibly extreme statement.
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2017 07:48 PM by SnoruntPyro.)
21-06-2017 03:11 PM
MrKyurem Offline
One of your Five a Day!
Registered

Revo Remix ContributorBooblight Award
I am not willing to negotiate - Boil Man is required to be removed from this contest, along with all of its assets.

EDIT: if the game is somehow in such a desperate state that removal of lobstorches and missquids will tank the project, make reskins for them or something idc, i just don't want any involvement with this project

[Image: AoB1VA5.png]
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2017 05:25 PM by MrKyurem.)
21-06-2017 04:49 PM
notencore Offline
Still Here
Registered

I am not negotiating either.

Not only is your post not de-escalating anything, it is a continual non-apology to remove blame off of yourself, but in turn, place personal criticism on other people. It's not even about the statements made anymore. I want nothing to do with this project and nothing to do with you.

You clearly have been given only half-truths of intentions and statements, as well. In order to avoid further drama, I'll refrain from clearing it up, but I assure you your accusations towards my character - made in what is supposed to be YOUR APOLOGY; is blatantly false.
21-06-2017 06:41 PM
Threxx Offline
Postman
Registered

Wedge AwardChiptune AwardRevo Remix Contributor
I'm not going to reveal any more information than was publicly shared, but I will state two things.

1. I do not support the motion to remove levels from MaGMML2, and I never have, so this post should not be interpreted as support of the 2 posts previous to it.
2. I am somewhat disappointed with this response, considering our discussions in private and in public yesterday, I expected more. I suppose acknowledgement of what occured is better than nothing, regardless.

Generally disgruntled composer and Ideas Guy™. Currently working on Mega Man Shattered Diamond and an unannounced original project.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8JCLmX...ji0sctyEYQ
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/threxx-danne
21-06-2017 07:38 PM
notencore Offline
Still Here
Registered

I have no further issues with SnoruntPyro. I've decided to let my level remain in the game.

EDIT: I suppose something of an explanation and an apology is in order.

I don't think I made a mistake in wanting to pull my level. At the time I was angry and upset, because a friend of mine was - venting or not - deathwished. Someone that I consider to be a close friend, and anyone who knows me should know my attitude towards friendship is pretty intense. In my anger, I decided to make a public request for removal in a neutral tone - no ill harm was wished towards Pyro, the participants and developers towards MaGMML2, or the game itself. I simply did not want to be associated with the game at that point in time.

At the same time, in private, much like Pyro had made her message in private, I had said some things that were blatantly untrue, mean-spirited, and rude, mostly in argument with a member on the same server. My intentions in making the request for removal were not to rile up Pyro, or to harm those developing it. However, I did state that it was a "higher level shitpost". I did not say this to mean the context of the original request for removal - since I wanted that to remain as neutral as possible. Rather, the statement was made with the intention of being in reference to the argument on that server in general.

My words were apparently taken out of context, and returned to Pyro or the MaGMML2 developers. It was at that point that my intentions - in the minds of those who saw that message taken out of context - was malicious in nature - this is simply not the fact. In private discussions with NaOH, I had stated that I would rescind my request in the morning or pending a response from Pyro.

Following a response from Pyro, there were parts of the message (since removed), that I had found to only serve to worsen the situation, from my perspective. At the time, I found this to be particularly worsening the situation, thus my second post.

I have since privately discussed matters with Pyro, and she has given me a private apology for the parts of the message I found to be destructive, and in general for the whole of the matter. I have forgiven her, and hope to move on from this whole matter.

However, I must also accept that in having taken in the action I've taken, I've irreparably damaged a part of the game, the morale of the devteam, and of others involved. For that, I deeply apologize. Though I meant no malicious intent, I still realize that my actions may have still harmed the feelings of those involved indirectly, and I deeply regret having taken those actions. I'm sorry, very, very sorry for the repercussions my actions have caused, and I only wish to move on and to heal, myself and the community.

If there are any further personal grievances with me, I only wish that those would come forward and speak with me personally, so that I may give them the personal apology that they deserve, and so that I may hopefully repair some of the damage I have done.

I made a mistake, and for that, I am deeply sorry.
(This post was last modified: 22-06-2017 07:07 AM by notencore.)
21-06-2017 08:04 PM
Beed28 Offline
The world is more fun when it's all bouncy.
Registered

Didn't Jolt Man also show up somewhere in the hub as a NPC? If so, will he be removed as well?
21-06-2017 10:38 PM
Renhoek Offline
Made an account to use once or twice.
Registered

(21-06-2017 10:38 PM)Beed28 Wrote:  Didn't Jolt Man also show up somewhere in the hub as a NPC? If so, will he be removed as well?

we're aware and we already have a replacement for him.
22-06-2017 01:44 AM
lizardcommando Offline
Regular
Registered

I'm not sure if this would be allowed or not, but would I be able to release a standalone version of MAGMML2 with just my levels? It would not only have my original, unedited version of my submitted level, but also an improved version of my submitted level, my unedited submitted level with commentary and some of my reject levels? I would only release this a month after the official MAGMML2 would be released.
24-06-2017 12:44 AM