MaGMML2 - RELEASE, GO TO THE WEBSITE
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

Wedge AwardRockman AwardTempo Award
RE: MaGMML2 - RESULTS! THE WINNER IS REVEALED!
(18-10-2017 08:44 AM)WoodenMan Wrote:  I can't seem to access the download page...or the entire magmml site as a whole...

;_;

Woe is my fate. To not play the game.

Seriously though, could someone fix the issue or change the link to something else?

http://magmmlcontest.com/

This doesn't work?
18-10-2017 08:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WoodenMan Offline
Registered

RE: MaGMML2 - RELEASE, GO TO THE WEBSITE
Yeah. Can connect to that. Thanks.
21-10-2017 07:24 AM
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

A lot of people have been asking for the old MaGMML2 devkit, so I just readded the link. I wasn't the one who removed the link anyways, idk who removed it. Either way, it's back now.
01-12-2017 10:38 PM
Blackhook Offline
Gonna get promoted...eventually
SIBRE Alpha Testers

Smash AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorIris Award
Why are the Fortress stages so...awful?

[Image: d82bcef28Chwb.png]
02-12-2017 06:26 PM
barberbarberjoe Offline
Postman
Registered

(02-12-2017 06:26 PM)Blackhook Wrote:  Why are the Fortress stages so...awful?

The quote "Who watches the watchmen?" comes to mind.

All kidding aside, there seems to be a double standard in that while the judges evaluate everybody else's stages, no one evaluates their Wily stages, which have looser restrictions.

In other words, MaGMML3 or whichever later entry ought to let at least some of the participants (or, failing that, the testers themselves) review the judge stages for a change, even though quality control isn't too much a concern for this series.

At least Garirry's stage was made slightly less frustrating in an update, but even still...
02-12-2017 06:45 PM
Blackhook Offline
SIBRE Alpha Testers

I honestly just couldn't go on. The shmup stage was dull as it only threw enemies at you at random with no interesting patterns. The boss also has an instant death laser segment at the end so that's nice and fair...
But the first stage just annoyed the fuck out of me. overdependence on the water jump and the auto scrolling section at the end just made me sick. The quick raising and lowering of the water was annoying to pay attention to.
And the boss just made me hate everything. Not because it was super hard or something...but it was recolored bubble man inside Vile's ride armor...16 bit and all...

02-12-2017 08:55 PM
The Mega Fan 19XX Offline
AKA: Speed Wind
Registered

>giving up at the first Wily Stage
02-12-2017 10:56 PM
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

(02-12-2017 08:55 PM)Blackhook Wrote:  I honestly just couldn't go on. The shmup stage was dull as it only threw enemies at you at random with no interesting patterns. The boss also has an instant death laser segment at the end so that's nice and fair...
But the first stage just annoyed the fuck out of me. overdependence on the water jump and the auto scrolling section at the end just made me sick. The quick raising and lowering of the water was annoying to pay attention to.
And the boss just made me hate everything. Not because it was super hard or something...but it was recolored bubble man inside Vile's ride armor...16 bit and all...

1. the laser is not instant death, its 12 damage
2. its incredibly obviously telegraphed
3. "overdependence on the water jump" woah... its almost like the water is the stages main gimmick
4. whats a joke. how dare there be a boss that has a ride armor as a joke
5. are you implying you gave up at stage 2? how can you say the fortress stages are all awful when you've played 2 of the 7 lol
02-12-2017 11:05 PM
Joseph Collins Away
Postman
SIBRE Alpha Testers

"Everything is fine. Nothing is bad. Except you. Git gud, son. kthxbai."

(02-12-2017 06:45 PM)barberbarberjoe Wrote:  All kidding aside, there seems to be a double standard in that while the judges evaluate everybody else's stages, no one evaluates their Wily stages, which have looser restrictions.
I thought about doing a write-up on the Wily Stages (and, maybe, some others). Then, I remembered that nobody cares. "Topkek, self-pwnt."
02-12-2017 11:40 PM
JupiHornet Offline
Regular
MaGMML Judge

(02-12-2017 11:40 PM)Joseph Collins Wrote:  "Everything is fine. Nothing is bad. Except you. Git gud, son. kthxbai."

(02-12-2017 06:45 PM)barberbarberjoe Wrote:  All kidding aside, there seems to be a double standard in that while the judges evaluate everybody else's stages, no one evaluates their Wily stages, which have looser restrictions.
I thought about doing a write-up on the Wily Stages (and, maybe, some others). Then, I remembered that nobody cares. "Topkek, self-pwnt."
Well if the guy is going to call all of the fortress stages awful when he's only played one of them, and most of his complaints are about things that just don't happen...what else is there to say?
03-12-2017 08:17 AM
Blackhook Offline
SIBRE Alpha Testers

1. the laser is not instant death, its 12 damage
My bad

The telegraphing was masked by the boss explosion as I didn't expect the beams to still be fired

3. "overdependence on the water jump" woah... its almost like the water is the stages main gimmick
Just that you have to wait on the water for EVERY JUMP in the stage. It does kill momentum

4. whats a joke. how dare there be a boss that has a ride armor as a joke
I wanted to play a megaman game, not a joke. Also at least make the armor 8bit

5. are you implying you gave up at stage 2? how can you say the fortress stages are all awful when you've played 2 of the 7 lol
Well when the opening stage and the 1st stage made me not wanna continue playing then why should I keep playing? If that was the first impression then why should I assume the rest wouldn't be of the same quality?

03-12-2017 08:34 AM
MiniMacro Offline
Quack !
Registered

because every fortress stage is made by a different person with different design skill and style?

wow this is total BS
03-12-2017 03:22 PM
Joseph Collins Away
Postman
SIBRE Alpha Testers

I normally don't get involved with things like this, but... I would like to ask...
Why did you feel it necessary to insult Blackhook so maliciously? (Click to View)
Was that necessary? Does it add anything to the conversation? Or, is this another one of those "ha hah, so funny" community jokes that I keep hearing about, but seldom ever understand? Educate me. I'm out-of-the-loop.

Also, the only Ride Armor that's known to work while underwater is the modular DRA-00, in "Frog" mode. The other modes short-circuit, when exposed to water… including the "Chimera" mode that was used, here. So, good job.

Or, is that part of the "joke," as well?
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2017 07:51 PM by Joseph Collins.)
03-12-2017 04:52 PM
Yoshiatom Offline
Procrastination Man
Registered

Before the disscussion here gets out-of-hand, I'd just like talk about this:

Quote:4. whats a joke. how dare there be a boss that has a ride armor as a joke

I find it strange that you complain about this when there are several entries, along with bosses and staff levels that ignore the NES limitations and go over-the-top, yet a ride amour is what gets under your skin.

As for "I wanted to play a megaman game, not a joke.", MaGMML2 is generally rather light-hearted, and this is a game where:
  • You fight a glass of milk as a boss
  • Plug Man only exists to make a joke about a "shameless plug"
  • Most of the entries (including my own!) have in-jokes
  • One judge used comics to judge levels where there's not much to judge
  • The true final boss can be beaten by doing nothing

...and yet this what makes you declare the whole game as a joke? I hope I'm not adding fuel to the fire here but I wanted to get this off of my chest.

also I just joined. Hello I guess
03-12-2017 05:15 PM
JupiHornet Offline
Regular
MaGMML Judge

(03-12-2017 08:34 AM)Blackhook Wrote:  1. the laser is not instant death, its 12 damage
My bad

The telegraphing was masked by the boss explosion as I didn't expect the beams to still be fired
That's your fault, not the boss' fault. Why would the telegraphing still be there if there were no lasers?

Quote:3. "overdependence on the water jump" woah... its almost like the water is the stages main gimmick
Just that you have to wait on the water for EVERY JUMP in the stage. It does kill momentum
Every jump? Not even close...

Quote:4. whats a joke. how dare there be a boss that has a ride armor as a joke
If you didn't want a Mega Man game with jokes, then sorry but this is the wrong game for you. This game is literally fully of jokes, like Yoshiatom said. The game is also full of non-8bit graphics and music, also like Yoshiatom said.

Quote:5. are you implying you gave up at stage 2? how can you say the fortress stages are all awful when you've played 2 of the 7 lol
Well when the opening stage and the 1st stage made me not wanna continue playing then why should I keep playing? If that was the first impression then why should I assume the rest wouldn't be of the same quality?
By that logic, you should have quit playing after Tier 1, because why play the rest of the game when you could automatically tell by the Tier 1 levels that the rest of the game was going to be the same quality as Tier 1?

(03-12-2017 04:52 PM)Joseph Collins Wrote:  Also, the only Ride Armor that's known to work while underwater is the modular DRA-00, in "Frog" mode. The other modes short-circuit, when exposed to water… including the "Chimera" mode that was used, here. So, good job.
...does it matter???
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2017 05:48 PM by JupiHornet.)
03-12-2017 05:42 PM
Mr. G-Force Offline
You are my bottom tier hero.
Registered

Well, in the midst of this shitstorm, I decided to put an appreciation post dedicated to Pyro on the MaGMML 2 forums.
Because, in the middle of all this toxicity, she needs to be reminded that people actually appreciated her work on this game.

You were expecting something witty down here? Scroll your eyes back up there!

Bloody amateurs...
03-12-2017 05:49 PM
Joseph Collins Away
Postman
SIBRE Alpha Testers

(03-12-2017 05:42 PM)JupiHornet Wrote:  
(03-12-2017 04:52 PM)Joseph Collins Wrote:  Also, the only Ride Armor that's known to work while underwater is the modular DRA-00, in "Frog" mode. The other modes short-circuit, when exposed to water… including the "Chimera" mode that was used, here. So, good job.
...does it matter???
After reading your response, I've decided that the best way of answering your question is not with words, but with a picture which, when it comes to discussing this particular community project, I feel to be quite analogous.

Interpret that however you'd like.
03-12-2017 07:51 PM
Threxx Offline
Postman
Registered

Wedge AwardChiptune AwardRevo Remix Contributor
it's a contest fangame it's not that serious lmao

Generally disgruntled composer and Ideas Guy™. Currently directing Mega Man Shattered Diamond.

My media:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Threxx1/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/threxx-danne
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Threxx11
03-12-2017 09:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Soulephant Offline
He can arrowslide
Registered

Spike AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE Contributor
I have to be honest here because I'm getting tired of the demonstrated cynicism, MaGMML as many have said isn't meant to be serious. I mean, just taking a look at the first contest should have made that obvious. And this is in addition to the silliness that others have already pointed out.

On the note of concluding all the wily stages are terrible based on 2 stages (none of which deserve that designation, by the way, maybe "eh" at worst), you also forget that at least one judge whose stage you include in the selection has already proven he has a pretty good idea how to go about things. So my first thought when I realized what exactly was going on was "well, this is rude to Ace". Oh, and also rude to Enjl. And rude to a lot of people whose stages you barely gave a shot.

I'll let my retrospective from my Wily 6 stream speak for itself.
[Image: cOxqmdU.png]

Basically, why so serious? Not to mention rude. Beyond rude, because that tornado man platform metaphor was completely unwarranted.

[Image: jWFQYSO.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2017 11:32 PM by Soulephant.)
03-12-2017 10:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rhythm Offline
Rhythm is Gonna Get Ya
Co-Admin

Booblight AwardAuto AwardRush AwardBeat AwardTempo AwardAce AwardC^2 Super Moderator AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorDeadchat AwardSaga AwardQuill AwardBnG AwardInafune Award
Okay we’re going to stop all the negativity and unwarranted attacking of other members right now. Keep the discussion about the game and the game ONLY.

If you are unable to do so, don’t post a response. Simple as that. Warnings and further disciplinary action will be taken as needed.

[Image: 67617b7e1d6Ur.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2017 11:26 PM by Rhythm.)
03-12-2017 11:23 PM