Rhythm is currently piecing together the list for this year's Wedge Award given annually. If you joined the community after November 25, 2016 and have either only come into DeadChat, posted in the Smeghead forum, or visited the Inc Discord, please send Rhythm a private message to let him know you are an active member of Inc and we can include you in our Wedge Award Eligible Nominees List. Check your profile for your join date before sending the PM. Thank You!

MaGMML2 - RELEASE, GO TO THE WEBSITE
raekuul Offline
Regular
Registered

RE: MaGMML2 (Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest 2!) - Announcement + Weapon Voting
Aww Yes! I've been waiting for this to start.
30-09-2016 02:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Euparkeria Offline
Registered

RE: MaGMML2 (Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest 2!) - Announcement + Weapon Voting
I picked some underdog weapons in the hopes of them getting interesting improvements. I hope I didn't cause any future headaches for the developers. Sorry 'bout that. Tongue Lookin' forward to making a level!
30-09-2016 06:57 PM
Entity1037 Offline
That One Person Who Does Things
Registered

COME ON SAKUGARNE FOR GIMMICK WEAPON~!

Programming a thing, ba da baa, programming a thing, ba da baa...
30-09-2016 07:15 PM
JupiHornet Offline
Regular
MaGMML Judge

About 90 minutes until the weapons are revealed.
As long as Sakugarne is one of them I'll be happy.
01-10-2016 02:21 AM
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

Wedge AwardRockman Award
WEAPON WINNERS

Aiming - Hornet Chaser
Shield - Jewel Satellite
Special Buster - Grab Buster
Multi-Hit - Triple Blade
Screen Wide - Flash Stopper
Powerhouse - Slash Claw
Ground-Based - Wheel Cutter
Gimmick - Sakugarne
Utilites - Rush Coil, Rush Jet, Super Arrow, Wire Adaptor

Definitely a more varied weapon set than magmml1 ;p
01-10-2016 04:12 AM
awd42 Offline
Regular
Registered

RE: MaGMML2 (Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest 2!) - Weapon Results, Engine In Progr
Nice! If I remember what I voted for correctly, it looks like 5 weapons and 2 utilities I voted for made it, so I'm pretty happy, although I was hoping for something other than Rush Coil and Jet again (technically, if we're excluding MaGMML1 stuff, no coil/jet, right? Tongue). I'm also kinda glad that nothing used in MM:Endless won either. I liked that weapon set (especially the way Blyka improved on the weapons), but more variety is good.

Gotta admit, I have no idea what Grab Buster and Sakugarne are. And it looks like I have a crapload of Discord chat to catch up on... EDIT: and I scroll up to see Sonic fanart of Sonichu-level quality and disturbingness. Nope!!! I doubt I missed anything useful above that, but I don't care.

Also, the automatic addition of "RE: " to the current title makes it too long for the board software and I have to manually edit it.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2016 07:50 AM by awd42.)
01-10-2016 07:38 AM
JupiHornet Offline
Regular
MaGMML Judge

RE: MaGMML2 (Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest 2!) - Weapon Results, Engine In Progress
(01-10-2016 07:38 AM)awd42 Wrote:  Gotta admit, I have no idea what Grab Buster and Sakugarne are. And it looks like I have a crapload of Discord chat to catch up on...
Grab Buster:
[Image: grab_buster_by_lenmomono-d8v5l0t.png]
Sakugarne:
[Image: sakugarne_by_lenmomono-d8v5ktx.png]
01-10-2016 12:16 PM
Euparkeria Offline
Registered

RE: MaGMML2 (Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest 2!) - Weapon Results, Engine In Progress
I voted for Marine, Jet, Wire and Balloon. Yeah I love MM4's set Tongue <3 Glad Wire got through.
01-10-2016 01:02 PM
M-Jacq Offline
I make Let's Players cry.
Registered

> no rush marine

quitting this contest
01-10-2016 03:01 PM
Entity1037 Offline
Registered

I mean I wouldn't think no rush marine would be a big deal, but okay then.

RIP

01-10-2016 03:05 PM
M-Jacq Offline
Registered

I'm kidding, I just really like Rush Marine

What actually gets my goat is that exactly one of the non-utility weapons comes from the NES games
01-10-2016 03:22 PM
JupiHornet Offline
Regular
MaGMML Judge

(01-10-2016 03:22 PM)M. Jacquelinae Wrote:  I'm kidding, I just really like Rush Marine

What actually gets my goat is that exactly one of the non-utility weapons comes from the NES games
flash stopper
01-10-2016 04:19 PM
Beed28 Offline
The world is more fun when it's all bouncy.
Registered

I might consider joining this when the time comes.
01-10-2016 05:29 PM
awd42 Offline
Regular
Registered

Oh man, "Snatch Buster"? No wonder they renamed it here! MM - Coolface

(01-10-2016 03:22 PM)M. Jacquelinae Wrote:  I'm kidding, I just really like Rush Marine

Variety is good, and MM9 had some pretty good weapons! I think something from MM6 should've gotten in, but oh well. I'm stoked for Hornet Chaser, as the "retrieving powerups" functionality is really great, and a reason I used Magic Card so much in MaGMML1.

Looks like we have two each from MM9 and MM10, one from MM4 and MM7, and two from the Game Boy series.

It does seem we don't have a "piercing" weapon this time around (like Yamato Spear, Magic Card, or Laser Trident), unless I'm missing something. A shame, as it makes dealing with Sniper Joes so much easier!
01-10-2016 06:31 PM
Entity1037 Offline
Registered

(01-10-2016 06:31 PM)awd42 Wrote:  It does seem we don't have a "piercing" weapon this time around (like Yamato Spear, Magic Card, or Laser Trident), unless I'm missing something. A shame, as it makes dealing with Sniper Joes so much easier!

I did vote for Laser Trident, but it didn't make it through...

01-10-2016 06:33 PM
ThatOneEnderMan Online
The Saltest of the Salt
Registered

The only one that I voted for that got in was I think Sakugarne...And I think Rush Coil?

Quote:(22:10:44) ThatOneEnderMan: "We must band together and something something...." *next post* "I'm eating Pop Tarts"
(22:11:05) iYamWhatIYam: me_irl
01-10-2016 06:48 PM
M-Jacq Offline
Registered

Slash Claw pierces I think

MM9 does indeed have the best weapon set of any canon game
01-10-2016 07:16 PM
CreshMan Offline
Registered

Happy to see a lot of my favorite weapons made it in. Hopefully I can get this working so I can participate.
01-10-2016 11:02 PM
PseuDeadpool Offline
Still Here
Registered

MaGMML2 (Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest 2!) - Weapon Results, Engine In Progress
I wanted to see Sakugarne done right (besides Quint's Revenge) - and I voted for Hornet Chaser and Nitro Rider. I wanted to see the balloon adapter and Flame Sword (and I'm not a huge fan of Super Arrow) - but my ultimate hope was that we would get a melee weapon, so Slash Claw is good.

Personally, I think that (besides 9), Mega Man and Bass has one of the best weapon sets in the Classic series. Spread Drill, Remote Mine, Ice Wall, Wave Burner, and the others are all fantastic. I wanted Spread Drill - and I almost voted for Ice Wall - but I went for Nitro Rider because I hoped to explore the idea of accessing alternate paths by zipping up walls with Nitro Rider. Although, I came very close to choosing Ice Wall because of its versatility (it could be great for spike-traversing challenges and for reaching higher platforms; as well as destroying enemies) and sheer awesomeness. I also wanted Silver Tomahawk - even though its not a weapon I use consistently, it is still one of the best from 6 (though I prefer Flame Blast and would have also loved to have seen that). On that note, Chill Spike would be a great weapon to see done better (perhaps you could press fire again to break it, then fire a new one), as I love Chill Man, but really don't find it that useful in 10.

Overall, though, I just hope people incorporate weapon usage into stages a little - not just breaking down barriers - but perhaps using weapons like Nitro Rider to access alternate paths or goodies on platforms that are too high up (lol, sorry, I've given this a lot of thought - I love Nitro Rider) - or placing enemies so that they can be destroyed by weapons like Sakugarne. Ultimately, there were some places in MaGMML1 that allowed for good weapon usage - and Thunder Wool was vastly improved and infinitely more useful - but I hope people keep special weapons in mind when designing levels - even just leaving the option for special weapon usage against enemies, obstacles, etc. Even though I don't always use weapons (I hate constantly switching), I think it is important for people to allow opportunities for weapon usage (besides just the most powerful ones). The reason why we all love these weapons is because the designers allowed these weapons to be at least somewhat useful or interesting in the original games (even though some could use improvement - which this contest allows for).

TL;DR - PLEASE, just allow people to use special weapons if they want by allowing for it in your level designs. And, this DOESN'T mean you just put a bunch of breakable walls or huge, powerful enemies in your stages.

Overall, I'm very excited for this contest and simply cannot wait. Good day to you all!

Sorry if I gave you the cold shoulder... It's easy to do when you're dead Confused
02-10-2016 04:09 PM
Smedis2 Offline
Are video games real?
Registered

Reggae AwardAuto Award

Here's me testing the waters with the engine. I made bunch of weird enemies and a really crappy end boss. Some of these are gonna be in my level, but a few most certainly aren't.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN I STOLE SPRITES FROM MEGARED255 AND IYAMWHATIYAM

CHECK OUT STUFF I MAKE OVER AT
[Image: d03b37145145880c6532998fa3a49c20.png]
Here's my TWITTER
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2016 06:52 PM by Smedis2.)
02-10-2016 06:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply