MaGMML2 - RESULTS! THE WINNER IS REVEALED!
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

Wedge AwardRockman Award
RE: MaGMML2 (Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest 2!) - Weapon Results, Engine In Progress
Custom pause menu made by iYamWhatiYam and Stove Guy!! <3 It's super great~
[Image: rBMnYt5.png]
(Exit utility not implemented yet)

But yeah!! Devkit progress is being made! And if you're getting impatient, I've decided to make the engine a collab thing due to how busy I'm going to be for the next two weeks, and people in the discord are gonna be helping out. So yeah! It's gonna be a thing!!
03-10-2016 02:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JupiHornet Offline
Regular
MaGMML Judge

RE: MaGMML2 (Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest 2!) - Weapon Results, Engine In Progress
^ That pause menu looks awesome. Great job to those who made it Big Grin
04-10-2016 06:27 PM
GavinDragon Offline
Dragon Kitty
Registered

Count me in i wanna make a level when you release the kit
05-10-2016 07:16 PM
M. Jacquelinae Offline
I promise not to kill you.
Registered

Oh, quick request before you actually get levels.

Can you ask people to also include a link to a Youtube vid with the music in their level so that when the full game is out we can make a playlist with all the tracks?
05-10-2016 09:52 PM
StupidStudiosN Offline
Possibly An Important NPC
Registered

Didn't find out about the first MaGMML until it was too late to enter, so I'm definitely interested in participating this time around.
06-10-2016 05:42 AM
EXtremeXPerience Offline
(uhhrmmm...)
Registered

MaGMML2 (Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest 2!) - Weapon Results, Engine In Progress
That's too neat, but Sakugarne as a weapon... Undecided or just for display purposes? MM - Happy

[Image: self1_by_megamanno99-dakh6k5.png]
09-10-2016 03:33 AM
MrKyurem Offline
One of your Five a Day!
Registered

Revo Remix ContributorBooblight Award
(09-10-2016 03:33 AM)EXtremeXPerience Wrote:  That's too neat, but Sakugarne as a weapon... Undecided or just for display purposes? MM - Happy

It's an actual weapon, as we voted on it. It has viability.
09-10-2016 08:40 AM
EXtremeXPerience Offline
(uhhrmmm...)
Registered

(09-10-2016 08:40 AM)MrKyurem Wrote:  
(09-10-2016 03:33 AM)EXtremeXPerience Wrote:  That's too neat, but Sakugarne as a weapon... Undecided or just for display purposes? MM - Happy

It's an actual weapon, as we voted on it. It has viability.

Well, that's even better than Rush Coil!

[Image: self1_by_megamanno99-dakh6k5.png]
09-10-2016 12:13 PM
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Spike Award
RE: MaGMML2
That menu screen is excellent. One request—could we use the original graphic from MM4 for Flash Stopper? The new icon is a little confusing when there's already a recognizable icon out there, but more importantly, it looks to me like an ice cube (which maybe is the point, what with the freezing).

No matter where you go, there you are.
11-10-2016 01:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

Wedge AwardRockman Award
Haven't posted here in a while, heh. But yeah! The last two judges have been decided recently! Enjl and Garirry are filling in the last two judge slots.

And don't worry - there's been plenty of engine progress. Renhoek, The Stove Guy, WreckingPrograms, and Smedis2 have been helping out with the engine and because of that there are some SUPER cool things in it so far. If you want more frequent updates, join the discord~ :3
(This post was last modified: 20-10-2016 08:01 PM by SnoruntPyro.)
20-10-2016 07:59 PM
Thojoewhit Offline
Regular Joe
Registered

This is looking good! I wish my laptop was working again, I'd play the crap out of this.

I'm blue dabodedabodi
I'm cyan dabodedabodi
-Megaman
20-10-2016 09:21 PM
JupiHornet Offline
Regular
MaGMML Judge

Super hyped for the engine. I'm really looking forward to judging all your levels! Big Grin
(The full set of judges is me, Pyro, ACE_Spark, Enjl, and Garriry)
21-10-2016 11:32 PM
boltgreywing Offline
Registered

I saw the Megaman competition here from the first one and was wondering if I could try to make a Megaman Level as well? I like to try using some quick lasers but will try not to go overboard too much with them though. I have some interesting ideas in my head for how to set up the pathway between the boss room to give a bit of a challenge rather then just walking there. I also like to try to make the check points a bit of a challenge and not the boring empty room of nothingness.

Is there a way that I could set Megaman's health to at least 6 bars max instead of the full 24/48? I want the game to be a bit more of a challenge. I also have an idea of what to do for the boss rooms though. Smile I just like the practice so I can get myself preped for my game I am developing. Smile
22-10-2016 05:30 AM
JupiHornet Offline
Regular
MaGMML Judge

(22-10-2016 05:30 AM)boltgreywing Wrote:  I saw the Megaman competition here from the first one and was wondering if I could try to make a Megaman Level as well? I like to try using some quick lasers but will try not to go overboard too much with them though. I have some interesting ideas in my head for how to set up the pathway between the boss room to give a bit of a challenge rather then just walking there. I also like to try to make the check points a bit of a challenge and not the boring empty room of nothingness.

Is there a way that I could set Megaman's health to at least 6 bars max instead of the full 24/48? I want the game to be a bit more of a challenge. I also have an idea of what to do for the boss rooms though. Smile I just like the practice so I can get myself preped for my game I am developing. Smile

The engine isn't finished yet, but you can join the Discord for updates. I'm not sure about the health thing, though.
22-10-2016 06:48 AM
M. Jacquelinae Offline
I promise not to kill you.
Registered

If you have to artificially limit the player character's health to make your level challenging, that doesn't give me faith in your skill as a level designer.

You can download WreckingProgram's MM engine (which is what this engine is going to based on afaik) elsewhere on Sprites INC and mess around with that.
23-10-2016 12:14 AM
boltgreywing Offline
Registered

@JupiHornet: I am not active enough to use a service like discord as I am a bit infrequent visitor. The health is something I trying to figure out.

(22-10-2016 06:48 AM)JupiHornet Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 05:30 AM)boltgreywing Wrote:  I saw the Megaman competition here from the first one and was wondering if I could try to make a Megaman Level as well? I like to try using some quick lasers but will try not to go overboard too much with them though. I have some interesting ideas in my head for how to set up the pathway between the boss room to give a bit of a challenge rather then just walking there. I also like to try to make the check points a bit of a challenge and not the boring empty room of nothingness.

The engine isn't finished yet, but you can join the Discord for updates. I'm not sure about the health thing, though.

@Jacquelinae: I am not looking to make the game more challenging I am just trying more of an experiment to see how it works so I can design mechanics for the game I am developing. Smile I have never designed a level before but I could design something on paper and see how it works.

How does the program handle things?

Could I make a starter stage like similiar to Megaman DOS?

(23-10-2016 12:14 AM)M. Jacquelinae Wrote:  If you have to artificially limit the player character's health to make your level challenging, that doesn't give me faith in your skill as a level designer.

You can download WreckingProgram's MM engine (which is what this engine is going to based on afaik) elsewhere on Sprites INC and mess around with that.
(This post was last modified: 24-10-2016 04:50 AM by boltgreywing.)
24-10-2016 04:45 AM
Apihedron Offline
Registered

Since I missed the first, I'm definitely going to try and enter this time around. Good thing I have GMStudio Pro.

Hopefully there's enough room to experiment, since I'd like to maybe do something a bit different/more interesting.
27-10-2016 02:03 AM
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

(27-10-2016 02:03 AM)Apihedron Wrote:  Since I missed the first, I'm definitely going to try and enter this time around. Good thing I have GMStudio Pro.

Hopefully there's enough room to experiment, since I'd like to maybe do something a bit different/more interesting.

This engine uses Game Maker 8.1, not Studio. Though it really doesn't matter if you don't have it because it'll be provided for you.
27-10-2016 02:04 AM
Apihedron Offline
Registered

(27-10-2016 02:04 AM)Garirry Wrote:  
(27-10-2016 02:03 AM)Apihedron Wrote:  Since I missed the first, I'm definitely going to try and enter this time around. Good thing I have GMStudio Pro.

This engine uses Game Maker 8.1, not Studio. Though it really doesn't matter if you don't have it because it'll be provided for you.

I thought WreckingPrograms engine was compatible with both? Ah well.
27-10-2016 07:47 PM
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

(27-10-2016 07:47 PM)Apihedron Wrote:  I thought WreckingPrograms engine was compatible with both? Ah well.

Yeah, the engine itself was made for GM8.1 and Studio, but the one that's going to be used with MaGMML2 will be the 8.1 version, so you'll have to use Game Maker 8.1 for it (Studio COULD work but it'll just cause problems).
27-10-2016 07:49 PM