Favorite Robot Masters from Fan Games
Karakato Offline
Karrot Lover
Registered

Wedge AwardZero AwardRevo Remix ContributorUDON Award
Favorite Robot Masters from Fan Games
With a good number of Mega Man fan games released, there are quite a number of interesting Robot masters from each game. I'm just curious, who are your favorite fan based RM's? In no particular order, I'd go with:

Power Man (Rock Force)
Aside from being the best designed fusion Master as well as the one with the best Kevvviiin track, Power Man's fight was one of the best in the game because it made good use of Rock Force's unique game mechanic of reflecting shots. I also thought it was neat that he doesn't attack you directly for the most part.

Port Man (Rock Force)
As a puzzle fan, Port Man's level is my favorite from Rock Force. I know it can be time consuming but I get a knack out of the atari screen segments. I also appreciated how it was implemented in his boss fight. I also find his design to be cute and blocky, especially with the glasses and usb hands.

Trinitro Man (Unlimited)
Yes, this is an odd choice. The RM fights in Unlimited aren't too hard or complex but I consider TNT one of the more engaging battles. I do like that you have to watch your aim when fighting this guy and it also helps that he's not a spazz. I understand 1hko moves are a hot button topic in game design but I give this guy a pass since it can be easily overcome. His weapon is great too, the Nitro Blast can get rid of Midbosses quickly.

Trash Man (Super Fighting Robot)
I like how he wears a garbage can like a top hat, makes him dapper in his own garbage way. His weapon in particular is my favorite, functioning as a [i]good[/i[ Power stone as well as a double jump. Makes getting by enemy hordes easier.

Special mention goes to:
Who are your Favorites?

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
15-10-2016 08:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PseuDeadpool Offline
Neon Tigger
Registered

RE: Favorite Robot Masters from Fan Games
Whirpool Man is and always will be my favorite RM from Unlimited: Great design, good stage, fun weapon, and an adorable sprite. To me, Whirlpool Man may be the best water Robot Master - fan made or official.

I'll have to think about the rest... *cough* though I HATE Port Man's stage with a burning passion. *cough*

Why is everyone so dead serious? *Sigh* I've been dead lifting a lot of dead weight all my life. Anyway, don't mind me - I probably won't do anything too grave. MM - Coolface Also, (0)_(0) I see dead people...
(This post was last modified: 15-10-2016 08:43 PM by PseuDeadpool.)
15-10-2016 08:15 PM
Karakato Offline
Karrot Lover
Registered

Wedge AwardZero AwardRevo Remix ContributorUDON Award
(15-10-2016 08:15 PM)PseuDeadpool Wrote:  I'll have to think about the rest... *cough* though I HATE Port Man's stage with a burning passion. *cough*
Don't worry, you're not alone on this, Port's stage is polarizing :T

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
15-10-2016 08:21 PM
PseuDeadpool Offline
Neon Tigger
Registered

Thanks - though the motifs, boss fight, and some of the concept implementation was good. Overall, I can understand why you like him, even if I don't agree. Cheers!

Why is everyone so dead serious? *Sigh* I've been dead lifting a lot of dead weight all my life. Anyway, don't mind me - I probably won't do anything too grave. MM - Coolface Also, (0)_(0) I see dead people...
15-10-2016 08:47 PM
Entity1037 Offline
That One Person Who Does Things
Registered

I'm just going to use the same format as karakato Tongue

Comet Woman (Unlimited)
She has a great design, great weapon, and is my favorite boss battle in Unlimited. That, and her stage was probably one of the least painful in the game, so plus on that. Definitely one of the best from Unlimited imo, which overall had some pretty good character designs and ideas.
i totally dont have a bias for spunky girls what are you talking about
Yoku Man (Unlimited)
This dude's stage might of been not so good in the design department, with not enough checkpoints, and the traditional use of Yoku Blocks with bullshit one-above-the-other and all, but it did feature lots of cool ideas and designs, along with a few good sections. The stage may have had too many tedious moments and things you couldn't possibly react to in time, but Yoku Man's design itself is just awesome. His boss fight IS unfair since he can easily teleport on top of you when you're on the Yoku blocks, and doesn't telegraph his movement at all, but honestly if it weren't for that, I think his fight would actually be pretty good. So while he wasn't executed very well, he's still got one of my favorite designs from Unlimited.

Seriously though, it's a shame more care wasn't put into his stage. You can do so many good things with Yoku Blocks, why would you resort to the horrible traditional usage?

Storm Woman (Revolution Remix)
I know the game's not even out yet, but I just really like her design.
you never said providing an unbaised reason was a requirement
Mimic Woman (Y+1)
[Image: ebUh15t.gif]
Same thing as Storm Woman Tongue

Terror Man (Rock Force)
I honestly like everything about this guy. He has a really cool design that fits well with his theme. His stage is really interesting with a lot of cool ideas (that moment where a RM runs into view and starts cowering in fear at oncoming Wily 4 machines was just hilarious and awesome). And I thought he had a pretty decent boss fight too. One of my favorite stages in rock force.

Death Man (Rock Force)
[Image: EWiWMav.png]
This guy, however, HAD my favorite stage in rock force! I don't know, I just really liked the tension in his stage with everything being instant death and all. And yes, I did set spikes to instant death. And yes, I still enjoyed it. I just think the level is very well designed overall. Plus, I think he has a decent boss fight too, even if his attacks can be a little to hard to see coming and react to at times. And I also think he has a really solid design.

Plus, seeing all of the fusion masters come together to fuse into ANOTHER, SINGLE fusion master, and then seeing this guy's face along wiith "DEATH MAN" there was just a great moment.

Programming a thing, ba da baa, programming a thing, ba da baa...
(This post was last modified: 15-10-2016 11:22 PM by Entity1037.)
15-10-2016 11:14 PM
MrKyurem Offline
No artificial colourings!
Registered

Revo Remix ContributorBooblight Award
Released Games:
Unlimited: Yo-yo Man. Strange design idea well executed. Stage was also one of the better ones in Unlimited, too.
Second Place: Glue Man. Somehow, they managed to make a super fast and agile design out of... glue.
Special Mention: Rainbow Man. You're an archer and you teleport using rain clouds - if that's not clever usage of the theme, I don't know what is. Your boss fight and level are awful, though.

Rock Fork: Power Man. Brilliant design, best Kevin track, super fun stage and fight.
Second Place: Polar Man. Didn't really like his design much until I realised what I thought was his mouth was actually another set of eyes.
Special Mention: Death Man. I beat you on hard mode with Nitro Man. Get on my level.

SFR: Trash Man. Nice level design and appearance, adorable actual design, and a good weapon to boot.
Second Place: Dagger Man, for basically the same reasons as above, except not as adorable, less good weapon, but a better boss fight
Special Mention: Zap Man. Not sure why I like him, though.

Unreleased Games:
Revo Remix: Ghost Man. Probably the best Ghost Man design I've seen.
Second Place: Saw Man. Beetle eyes worked very nicely here.
Special Mention: Sand Man. Not much to say.

SD: Breeze Man. To quote a design document, "hE SHOOT BREEZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!11!!!1ONE!!1!!1!!1"
Second Place: Orbit Man. He's so cute!
Special Mention: Zipline Man. Probably will end up the "mascot" of sorts.

Y+1: Puppet Man. you cannot beat the pupper man
Second Place: Melon Man. memeful glory
Special Mention: Timber Man. everybody's favourite canadian chainsaw murderer
16-10-2016 11:32 AM
Smedis2 Offline
Obscurity Fanatic
Registered

Reggae AwardAuto Award
Because I'm insane, my list will be dedicated to RMs from fangames that are generally considered to be not very good. One RM per game.

[Image: 18cbf1d7b5496e1155a1152b812708cb.png]
DUCK GLACIER MAN (SUPER MEGA MAN 3)
Glacier Man from Super Mega Man 3 is my favorite RM from the game since it's so awkward and clunky looking it's borderline ADORABLE. It does so much so wrong at once that I absolutely LOVE IT. All of the other RMs from SMM3 look equally bizarre and unpolished, but this one has a weird charm to it.

[Image: 145fc142191695aab3176211c24e3b09.png]
REPAIR MAN (MEGA MAN ROCKS)
Edgy? Yes. Weirdly grim? Yes. And that's why I like it. Sure, it's not fitting for a Mega Man game (especially since this one's allegedly SUPPOSED to be silly), but as someone who likes macabre things, I give Repair Man a thumbs up.

[Image: 41a99ccf385cc109900300ab2b4296ee.png]
CIPHER MAN (MEGA MAN ETERNAL)
Now here's one that's gonna get me crucified (in more ways that one). Sure, Cipher Man's design is simplistic and crude and Eternal has better boss designs than this (barring Jolt Man), but it kind of reminds me of something I would draw, therefore it is the best (also sentient computers with pixel-faces is something I always find charming for some reason). The fight itself is ass, though.

[Image: ce8ab50ef6bb75b8afd79dec80e7d015.png]
BRAIN MAN (MEGA MAN 42)
42 was a hard game to choose from. All of the RMs in the game I find deeply unappealing due to the artstyle. The best one I could pick was Brain Man, since I find his design weirdly cute (even if it's badly drawn). also i like the stage theme please don't kill me

[Image: 834995a33b26166c21c93f8e2cb51b4e.png]
Just for kicks, here's Toxic Man from Origins. I don't like any of the designs in the game (they're REALLY UGLY frankensteins), but I just thought this was funny.

CHECK OUT STUFF I MAKE OVER AT
[Image: d03b37145145880c6532998fa3a49c20.png]
Here's my TWITTER
(This post was last modified: 24-10-2016 10:49 AM by Smedis2.)
16-10-2016 03:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thojoewhit Offline
Regular Joe
Registered

Wait. Are we not allowed to mention that fangame's name?

I'm blue dabodedabodi
I'm cyan dabodedabodi
-Megaman
16-10-2016 04:24 PM
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

(16-10-2016 04:24 PM)Thojoewhit Wrote:  Wait. Are we not allowed to mention that fangame's name?

People definetely prefer to not talk about it, since it's a hot-button topic according to the deadchat rules.

certified trash-tier description writer
(This post was last modified: 16-10-2016 04:57 PM by CrimsonCamisole.)
16-10-2016 04:53 PM
Thojoewhit Offline
Regular Joe
Registered

(16-10-2016 04:53 PM)CrimsonCamisole Wrote:  
(16-10-2016 04:24 PM)Thojoewhit Wrote:  Wait. Are we not allowed to mention that fangame's name?

People definetely prefer to not talk about it, since it's a hot-button topic according to the deadchat rules.

Really? Well alright. I'll try not to say the name of that fangame. When my laptop (not my desktop I was using, my laptop can run vista and GM : S) works again, I'll post my favorite fangame robot masters.

I'm blue dabodedabodi
I'm cyan dabodedabodi
-Megaman
(This post was last modified: 16-10-2016 07:07 PM by Thojoewhit.)
16-10-2016 05:03 PM
Kallisto Offline
Postman
Registered

We should always respect the Developer behind it, and not give into silly squabbles.

Aside from that.

My favorite RMs so far -

Megaman Unlimited -Trinitro Man, I love his heavy metal theme, and the stage was pretty damn fun. I remember the first time I've fought him that I was surprised by a certain hazard he had.

Also here is a little bonus of his theme in actual metal style -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAM29WmwSpI

(I really want to insert these remixes, but his game does not allow it..oh well)

I additionally liked Comet Woman, her design, and battle was pretty neat.

------

Mega Man Rock Force -

I loved Charade Man because that guy was just plain goofy, and the idea behind him was awesome. Crypt & Death Man was pretty cool too.
(This post was last modified: 16-10-2016 10:53 PM by Kallisto.)
16-10-2016 07:24 PM
Blackmore Darkwing Offline
Fanthulhu
Super Moderators

Revo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorTetris AwardRoll Caskett AwardBeat AwardQuill Award
Comet Woman (MMU): Her design looks interesting, the Orbit Shot thing from her fight was unexpectedly brilliant, her weapon is one of the best in the game, and her level is one of the best in the entire game bar none.

Whirlpool Man (MMU): He's one of the only robot masters who justifies not using his weapon in his boss fight, his fight itself is pretty good, and his stage demonstrates clear development in the game's design, makes me think an MMU2 could turn out nicely.

Hammer Man (MMU): Because his gigantic design is awesome, and his fight is quite fun for a midboss fight.

Charade Man (MMRF): Because I'm a gigantic theatre geek and his stage is full of references and his weapon is amazing.

Power Man (MMRF): He has a generally excellent stage theme and one of my absolute favorite boss fights in the entire game, period.

Port Man (MMRF): His stage is brilliant (if understandably polarizing), and his fight is awesome (even if phase 2 can be a bit boring when the novelty wears off). Also I'm 95% sure he's awesome-facing on the stage select screen, which is beautiful.

Death Man (MMRF): His stage is one of the most beautiful pieces of fangame design I have ever laid eyes on ever. And his fight is fun, even if he does too much damage.

Polar Man (MMRF): Because instead of being generic Polar Man #384389, there is actual honest-to-goodness thought put into his visual design. Also his giant zamboni boss form is basically weak to Rush Coil, enough said.

War Man (MMRF): I love his stage, and his fight is one of the most cerebral in the game, even if it's really really easy when you get the hang of it.

Digital Man (MMDWFA): One of the stronger examples of a floating boss fight that isn't hopelessly tedious. Also his stage is really fun and his weapon is great.

Sound Man (MMDWFA): Because afro. Also his fight is really fun and his weapon is nice and strong.

Weather Man (MMDWFA): Another boss fight I found rather entertaining, and his weapon is too amazing.

Missile Man (MM42): Launch Missile is a decent weapon, and Missile Man himself is a really fun and nerve-wracking fight that feels like it could appear 1:1 in a better fangame without any real issues.

Saw Man (MMRR): His boss fight is really fun, and I still really like his design and how his boss fight actually uses most of the elements of his design.

Haste Man (MMR & MMRR): For having one of the best weapons, best boss fights, and excellent stage design.
16-10-2016 10:51 PM
Rhythm Online
Rhythm is Gonna Get Ya
Co-Admin

Booblight AwardAuto AwardRush AwardBeat AwardTempo AwardInafune AwardAce AwardC^2 Super Moderator AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorDeadchat AwardSaga AwardBnG Award
Just a general FYI: the embargo on talking about Eternal is gone as it's been well long enough. It was mostly restricted due to angering up the blood. Anyways...

Yo-Yo Man (MMU) - I thought he was a decent fight and I'm a sucker for odd objects and non-elemental items being Robot Masters (see: Mega Man 3)

Yoku Man (MMU) - People bitch about him but by the time you unlock him, you should know what you're getting into. His entire concept is trickery and his boss battle and stage for that matter is full of it. Only thing that bothers me is his creator wanted to whore him out to the fanbase.

Death Man (MMRF) - The best of the Fusions. Not a straight reaper bot. And his stage is fantastic with no enemies at all. Great gimmick

I know I have some from SFR and Revo but they're not coming to mind at the moment

[Image: 67617b7e1d6Ur.png]
(This post was last modified: 16-10-2016 11:44 PM by Rhythm.)
16-10-2016 11:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
barberbarberjoe Offline
Still Here
Registered

Complete games

Comet Woman (MMU) - Her stage is neat and fun, she deftly demonstrates the potential for a robust Robot Mistress (apologies to Splash Woman Blush), has one of the few non-awkward designs in the game and I like the low gravity gimmick in her boss fight.

Charade Man (MMRF) - I find his stage's gimmick to be unique, his weapon is great for taking risks and him being his own mini-boss while imitating past RMs is interesting. It also helps that his design is the most normal out of everyone (even if he conspicuously looks like a Shocker Combatman from Kamen Rider). Plus he's quirky (BREAK A LEG).

Terror Man (MMRF) - Granted, his design may be controversial to some, but I can appreciate a good attempt at a spider motif. Also, the bleak junkyard level looks fantastic.

Dagger Man (MMSFR) - His entire stage essentially being a big MMBN homage with a CRORQ cameo is cool, despite otherwise not being tied to his theme. The boss fight keeping you on your toes is a plus.

Incomplete games

Sand Man (MMRR) - Tying his theme to a cowboy-style design is a clever idea and less predictable.

Melon Man (MMY+1) - One of the right ways to actually use a food-themed Robot Master while still potentially being a threat. It doesn't hurt that Valo's drawing of him makes his color scheme pop out all the more.

Mimic Woman (MMY+1) - Her design strikes a nice balance, since she has an unusual bottom like Splash Woman, yet manages to not be too similar.

Puppet Man (MMY+1) - His gimmick is potentially interesting. Bonus creepy points for reminding me of Slappy from Goosebumps.

Angler Man (MMY+1) - A water-themed Robot Master combined with an animal, with a result that manages to not look silly. Eye-catching color theme, too.

Jungle Man (MMSD) - The jungle explorer look is simple and good.

Scythe Man (MMFD) - It's good of the creators for not going the obvious route and just decided to make him a farmer.

Positive Woman/Major and Negative Man/Minor (SIBRE) - I like their concept, since it's not often that you get to fight Robot Masters in tandem, let alone having a desperation attack.

Edge Man (SIBRE) - His restraining bolt potentially makes him an opponent not to underestimate. Plus, he has a cool design and his apparent mode change reminds me a lot of Barel Barel's RM designs at Pixiv.

Order Man and Chaos Man (SIBRE) - For similar reasons as Major and Minor above, with the added plus of having the battle outcome affected by defeating one of them. Also, knights are cool.

Prelude (SIBRE) - Besides being possibly dangerous, he has an interesting backstory and his logo is among the coolest.

(16-10-2016 11:43 PM)Rhythm Wrote:  Only thing that bothers me is his creator wanted to whore him out to the fanbase.

The feeling is mutual. At least his influence is limited to MaGMML1 so far, given that StarSimsUniverse pretty much conspicuously vanished from the fangame scene.
(This post was last modified: 18-10-2016 01:01 AM by barberbarberjoe.)
17-10-2016 02:10 AM
Kallisto Offline
Postman
Registered

I actually liked Yoku Man, the idea for him was pretty neat. I think we all kind of wanted revenge on the Yoku Blocks after many years dealing with them lol.
17-10-2016 02:35 AM
The Mega Fan 19XX Offline
Dr."Not-Very Smart" Guy
Registered

- Comet Woman (MMU): Despite her stage being a pain because of ice gimmicks being thrown along with the usual spikes and pits that are always present in the game, her fight is pretty interesting. Her attacks are not a big pain in the ass to avoid (unlike some of the other RMs), and overall, it was pretty great. Her weapon is also one of the best ones (too bad it has so few ammo though).

- Charade Man (MMRF): His stage was cool, the gimmicks were great, his fights were excellent (both the mini-boss fight, where he mimicks two Robot Masters, and his actual fight (but the latter becomes in almost Touhou-levels of difficulty in Hard Mode)), and his weapon is very useful, not to mention that his abilities are put to full advantage in the game's update, specially with his mugshot changing constantly to something hilarious and his "stage start" sequence. Also "BREAK A LEG!"

- Illusion Man (MMEternal): Despite having sone flaws and the Yoku block segments not being very challenging (i was expecing him to be the new Yoku Man to be honest), his stage is the most interesting one out of all the RM stages in the game. And his battle is really fun once you get the hang of it, since Illusion man himself has probably more moves and attacks than the others. And his weapon, despite dealing the same damage as an uncharged buster shot, is very useful (it's a homing weapon after all).

- Haste Man (old MMRevolution & Remix versions): (Aside of Wily stage 3 from MMSFR) His stage did what Quick Man & Rainbow Mad did wrong: use the Death Lasers in a way that doesn't feel stupidly cheap. His fight was decent (well, except when he summons 3 Death Lasers from the sky). And his weapon is the best one of the bunch, making you invincible to everything while using it.

- Zap Man (MMSFR): His stage focuses on hazards/gimmicks more than in anything else, but it's actually challenging instead of being a huge cheapy mess. His fight is fast-paced and challenging, leaving you having to use your reflexes to dodge his attacks. And his weapon is really useful to bypass enemies quickly (it's kinda like Wild Sprint from MMRevolution).

- Digital Man (MM: Dr Wily's Final Attack): He had a well made stage, full of gimmicks and hazards that didn't feel cheap, his fight was interesting (despite being pretty easy), and his weapon is good to take out enemies at close range.

- Circuit Man (MMSunrise): Lets be honest: his stage is the most tolerable one in the entire game (if you can even believe that), and his fight is actually not that hard compared to the others, and his weapon is like Spark Shock, but done right.

- Sky Man (MM42): this one has also one of the most tolerable stages & songs in the entire game. Sky Man himself puts a better fight than any of the robot masters (which almost all of them have a really cheap move btw), and his weapon is pretty powerful.

- Snow Man (MMRocks): Despite his stage and theme are a mess compared to some of the others, his fight is actually not bad. It only requires some reflexes to dodge him if you don't want to get slammed to the spiked ceiling. And his weapon can hit multiple times and has a decent ammo count, definitely one of the best weapons in the game.
16-02-2017 07:14 PM