The Nintendo Switch discussion thread
Gaia Offline
Offical Sprites INC Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Reggae AwardDeadchat AwardSIBRE Contributor
RE: The Nintendo Switch discussion thread
A plumber. From Brooklyn. Better than a hedgehog smack-dab in the middle of... whatever soleanna was supposed to be based off from.

[Image: 345y4jt.jpg]

Quote:(20:08:09) Gaia: jace hey jace
(20:08:16) Gaia: children's card games is on
(20:09:27) Jace: ...
(20:09:35) Jace: How the HELL did you know I put that on my TV
(01:30:24) Rhythm_BCA: be yourself and don't pretend to be what you think they think you should be
14-01-2017 01:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Entity1037 Offline
That One Person Who Does Things
Registered

Nintendo could get away with free online before since they didn't have too much online stuff. But with this one there's going to be even more online features like voice chats and such. The online is going to be better, which means more online games, which means more money needs to be spent on servers and such. I just do not think they could get by doing better online without a significant loss if they did not have it paid. And sure, you can go "they can take a loss for a fukong long ass time and not care, there's no excuse" but then you also have to realize WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY INTENTIONALLY TAKE A HUGE LOSS JUST FOR THE SAKE OF NOT MAKING MONEY??!?!!?!?!?!?!!! u stupid

Besides, you don't even know the price of the online services yet. Sure, having to pay can be annoying, but honestly I don't mind as long as the online is good.

Although it is true we don't know how good it is yet, and having it be overly expensive would ruin it, so it's a wait and see sort of deal.

Programming a thing, ba da baa, programming a thing, ba da baa...
14-01-2017 01:30 AM
Heihachi_73 Offline
Big Eye Killer
Registered

RIP Nintendo as a game company. Next target: Taking on Apple Inc. in the phone market. Really though, they were dead in the water after they released the Nintendo 64, I'm genuinely surprised they lasted this long compared to Sega who gave up making consoles after the Dreamcast.

As for being overly expensive, that's Nintendo Australia's forte. If it goes for $299 in the US, expect it to sell for $699 or $799 here with games being around $79 each (and even more for the "big" titles). Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) stayed at its RRP of $89.95 from the launch date all the way until a month before the last Wii game left the shelves for good in 2015, and was never included in the Nintendo Selects range unlike in Europe.
15-01-2017 09:46 AM
MrKyurem Offline
One of your Five a Day!
Registered

Revo Remix ContributorBooblight Award
(15-01-2017 09:46 AM)Heihachi_73 Wrote:  RIP Nintendo as a game company.

People said this when the Gamecube happened. And the Wii. And the Wii U. Nintendo can survive for another 50 years with losses the size of those they made on the worst year of the Wii U. They're not dying any time soon.

[Image: AoB1VA5.png]
15-01-2017 12:49 PM
Gaia Offline
Offical Sprites INC Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Reggae AwardDeadchat AwardSIBRE Contributor
(15-01-2017 09:46 AM)Heihachi_73 Wrote:  I'm genuinely surprised they lasted this long compared to Sega who gave up making consoles after the Dreamcast.

Do... you know how expensive it is how to actually make these damn things? Sega gave up because they weren't making enough money to afford another system after the Dreamcast went six feet under. What Nintendo is doing is generally making a cost-effective system, compared to the more-expensive Wii U in terms of tech (remember the lack of third-party support in that system?).

On top of that, Sega's still around as a 3rd party developer, and currently a virtually unchallenged king in the mobile market, right up there with the likes of Rovio and well, King.

From Sega's godly mobile ports to it's original library of titles, much like Nintendo, they are just basically transitioning to a new age of gaming and won't be going away any time soon.

[Image: 345y4jt.jpg]

Quote:(20:08:09) Gaia: jace hey jace
(20:08:16) Gaia: children's card games is on
(20:09:27) Jace: ...
(20:09:35) Jace: How the HELL did you know I put that on my TV
(01:30:24) Rhythm_BCA: be yourself and don't pretend to be what you think they think you should be
15-01-2017 03:00 PM
KTML5 Offline
Registered

Bitches be hatin'.

Nintendo is riding the wave of the woopass they gave literally every other market, as it's competing with all kinds, and sold out within a day when they are added to even my local Walmart's stock, and I'm out in hick country.

I'm not saying Nintendo is perfect, or objectively good, but they sure as hell know what they're doing.
30-04-2017 10:26 AM
notencore Offline
Still Here
Registered

Haven't purchased it. Won't purchase at current price point (399 local currency) and game price (95 local currency).

Getting a single playable game would cost me half a thousand dollars.

You know how much <illegal activity> you can buy with that money?

At least it can play last generation games tho.
02-05-2017 04:05 AM