Custom Sprites for my fangame.
crist1919 Offline
Making Proto Man
Registered

Threads: 6
Custom Sprites for my fangame.
Since I might ask about this from time to time, I decied to create separate thread, rather than posting every single time on a megathread.

Anyway,

as some of you might know, I'm currently working on a fangame called "Proto Man: Endless Battle". However sprite thing is something I'm trying to learn, yet I'm still not good at that. That's why I'd like to request some of bosses sprites here.

Here goes my first request - an idea for one of fortress bosses:
[Image: 1382_06_11_16_2_44_31.png]
I've also attached my attempt of turning this into a sprite... with rather poor execution. What I'm asking for is if someone could try to make that sprite? I'd like to have one for my game, but also it would be very useful for improving my skill (since I could compare what I could do better).

Also if you have any advices what I could improve in that sprite, that could be useful too.

Thanks for any help.
06-11-2016, 02:52 PM
Find Reply
Seahorses Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
RE: Custom Sprites for my fangame.
Hi crist1919. I'd like to help you out.

Are you looking for any particular style? 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit, etc.? I actually think you did a rather good job considering you say you don't have much spriting experience. Next time think about how the shading on the red headband is different from the skull. You have a bunch of plain red sweeping across the whole thing instead of a bit of dynamic coloring.
11-11-2016, 07:46 PM
Find Reply
crist1919 Offline
Making Proto Man
Registered

Threads: 6
Thanks for your help. As for sprites, I'd like them in 8-bit, maybe in MM6 style if possible.
As for the one I showed before is already done, however there are some other ones that if you could, I'd be glad to have them in 8-bit too, as for now most of them are either just sketches like the one above or sprites that need a lot of improvement.

Here's another one for example:
[spoiler=Wily Machine Sketch][Image: 6rXs5Pb4b9Caa9zgr2SyefZ5gEc6WwjVkA-URJ1B...80-h694-rw][/spoiler]
That supposed to be Wily Machine themed for underground fortress. It still lack some details (as I'm new to this stuff), however I'd like to have something in that style for final boss fight.
12-11-2016, 12:19 PM
Find Reply
Seahorses Offline
Registered

Hi! I made the sprite. I started working on it before you mentioned the 8-bit style. Although it is large, it has no more colors than the Wily UFO in Mega Man 7, so it is 16-bit. I'll try to do something in 8-bit soonish.

[Image: 2488_19_11_16_3_36_10.gif]
19-11-2016, 03:38 PM
Find Reply
Seahorses Offline
Registered

I updated the sprite to be in the 8-bit style. I also changed some of the visuals. Good luck with your game.

[Image: 2488_20_11_16_7_32_46.gif]
20-11-2016, 07:34 PM
Find Reply