X Confirmed for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite!
Wanderer Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 10
X Confirmed for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite!
Big news from PlayStation Experience today. They announced a new Marvel vs. Capcom game called Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. The trailer shows Mega Man X and Ryu fighting against Iron Man and Captain Marvel.

Here's the debut trailer:

03-12-2016, 10:51 PM
Find Reply
Entity1037 Offline
That One Person Who Does Things
Registered

Threads: 14
RE: X Confirmed for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite!
Well that's certainly interesting. Never really played any of the franchise mashup fighting games other than Smash Bros., but I'm interested to see where this goes.

Programming a thing, ba da baa, programming a thing, ba da baa...
03-12-2016, 11:59 PM
Find Reply
Wave Offline
Resident holy man of Uluru
Registered

Threads: 5
Niceeeeeee

I wonder if Zero will show up at all. Maybe he will be the DLC costume this time around.

Apparently for the Marvel roster they are focusing on MCU characters (what a shock) which may mean little or no X-Men characters. That's disappointing, seeing as they're series staples. What is MvC without Cyclops? But I digress.

Anyway, I'm so glad to see my boy X back in a game, even if its not a Mega Man game.

m8
04-12-2016, 03:57 AM
Find Reply
DWN-060 Clownman Offline
Τὸ Μεγα Θηρίον
Super Moderators

Threads: 4
Knowing Capcom, Zero will either be unlockable or a DLC Character. Or will be in the Ultimate version.

Also the lack of X-Men is more of a "Fuck You" towards Fox. Which also means no Deadpool, Cable, Super Skrull, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Jean Grey, Sentinel, Storm, and I can't remember who else was in 3. On the other hand, it would be nice to see fresh faces added to the roster.

Any idea who that is in the final shot? Most places I been think it's Sigma and/or Ultron.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2016, 11:44 AM by DWN-060 Clownman.)
04-12-2016, 11:40 AM
Find Reply
ACESpark Offline
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.
Administrators

Threads: 195
Honestly, that last figure? I kind of think it's Thanos, just based on the outline of the glove (it, sort of looks like the Infinity Gauntlet?) Why he has glowy booblights that look like eyes, is beyond me mind. Even they don't make sense for Sigma or Ultron. And I'd actually be happy with either Sigma or Ultron turning up, especially if Ultron looks like his MCU self.
One of the weirder theories is that it's Sigma COMBINED with Ultron. That'd be neat, but is it really a possibility?

It is also nice to see a, ya know, a Mega Man representing Mega Man again.

I'm hoping they don't drop all X-Men, at the very least keep a few of the more popular ones, (Wolverine's been in it from the beginning, and he's crazy popular as a character. Fox owning the rights to him or not, he should really stay. And they'd be missing a huge opportunity if they don't use Deadpool and actually have a reference to the Fox/MCU rift, I mean come on!)

On the other hand, I agree with Clown, it'd be nice to see a few fresh faces, and it's not like the MCU is short on good characters.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2016, 12:43 PM by ACESpark.)
04-12-2016, 12:38 PM
Website Find Reply
Mick Galbani Offline
Fanthulhu
Super Moderators

Threads: 37
I must admit, Mega Man X is a very welcome surprise, I do wonder exactly what moves he's going to have.

And regarding the mysterious 4-eyed slouching figure who may or may not be the boss character (they did try to pull a fast one on us with Dormammu). This might just be me seeing patterns where there aren't any, but I'm more inclined to think this is a Capcom character than a Marvel character. Judging by the previous MvC games, they seem to flip-flop between who owns the boss character, since apparently Abyss from MvC2 is a Capcom owned character, not a Marvel one.

Of course, this also means our boss character might be someone we've never met, ever.
04-12-2016, 03:33 PM
Find Reply
DWN-060 Clownman Offline
Τὸ Μεγα Θηρίον
Super Moderators

It could be the Sigma Virus combined with Ultron (is a MCU character) or even the Super-Adaptoid (not in the MCU at this point but could be used to replicate any lost character, like how the Super Skrull was the Fantastic 4). Problem with Ultron is that his eyes would be glowing red (which neither set does) while Sigma has blue eyes (which the top set does). Doesn't explain the 2nd set but that could any number of reasons. There could be a couple of villains like in 3, but I think we should look at anyone related to X, Ryu, Captain Marvel and Iron Man (they didn't just randomly pick characters). They could also pull a CVS/SVC with it being a known character but a different form, ala God Rugal or Violent Ken. Wait, who's actually developing it, the US or Japanese devs?

Ooooohhh....got the colors mixed up. That throws a wrench into that theory.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2016, 05:01 PM by DWN-060 Clownman.)
04-12-2016, 04:47 PM
Find Reply
Kallisto Offline
Postman
Registered

Well if they do drop the X-Men characters..it is probably due to the insane payment to use them for the game.

(I think)
04-12-2016, 05:42 PM
Find Reply
DWN-060 Clownman Offline
Τὸ Μεγα Θηρίον
Super Moderators

If the rumor of the Marvel side focusing more on the MCU is true, they would be dropping the X-Men to spite Fox (all the characters the game will use will boost the profile of the movies, like Captain Marvel) because a character like Wolverine will help boost the profile for the new Logan movie (Fox's movies aren't part of the MCU). It's why the MCU has Enhanced Persons or Gifted Persons or the Inhumans, with not a Mutant in sight.

Speaking of which, I wonder if we'll get Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.
04-12-2016, 06:35 PM
Find Reply
Wanderer Offline
Still Here
Registered

It's likely more an issue of Capcom not being able to get the licenses for the X-Men characters than mere spite. Because Activision might still have the X-Men video game license.
05-12-2016, 12:27 AM
Find Reply
DWN-060 Clownman Offline
Τὸ Μεγα Θηρίον
Super Moderators

Didn't Activision have the license during MvC3?
05-12-2016, 01:05 AM
Find Reply
Wanderer Offline
Still Here
Registered

Yeah, but that was before the contracts expired and all the Marvel games had to be pulled from the online stores for a while. Activision had to renegotiate the contract to release the PS4 and Xbox One rereleases of Deadpool, and Capcom must have renegotiated the contract for this game and the PS4 rerelease of UMvC3 (which, BTW, is out now), so who knows how the licensing works now.

EDIT: New gameplay trailer!

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2016, 02:42 AM by Wanderer.)
05-12-2016, 01:34 AM
Find Reply
solarboy Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
Finally, after the disastrous launch of Street Fighter 5 I was hoping that Capcom would correct things with another game but never expected marvel vs capcom 3 so soon. Just hope they wont ruin it this time
11-12-2016, 12:59 AM
Find Reply
Thojoewhit Offline
Regular Joe
Registered

Threads: 9
Yes! X is in a vs fighting game! I'm so happy!

I'm blue dabodedabodi
I'm cyan dabodedabodi
-Megaman
12-12-2016, 01:22 AM
Find Reply
EXtremeXPerience Offline
(uhhrmmm...)
Registered

Sorry if I will post again in a thread not related to mine but... hell yeah! Another blue bomber finally approved as a main character for #MVCI! So legit!

By the way, did somene confirm about his armor to be used for this game? I only see X1 at the moment!

[Image: self1_by_megamanno99-dakh6k5.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2016, 06:55 AM by EXtremeXPerience.)
12-12-2016, 06:50 AM
Find Reply
Smedis2 Offline
Are video games real?
Registered

Threads: 34
No MvC game is complete without Amingo.
[Image: latest?cb=20080511222516]

CHECK OUT STUFF I MAKE OVER AT
[Image: d03b37145145880c6532998fa3a49c20.png]
Here's my TWITTER
13-12-2016, 01:58 AM
Website Find Reply
Wave Offline
Resident holy man of Uluru
Registered

I hope Son Son comes back. She was cool.

Also, CAPTAIN COMMANDO, the ultimate Capcom rep! Get him in there!!

m8
13-12-2016, 05:30 AM
Find Reply
DWN-060 Clownman Offline
Τὸ Μεγα Θηρίον
Super Moderators

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/b...m-infinite

Looks like the final boss is Ultron Sigma.
25-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Find Reply
Jexulus Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 0
So Ultron Sigma is confirmed the game's final boss, with Ultron by himself confirmed for the game's launch. Even more interesting is Sigma and a Command Mission costume for X are DLC. This is some heavy duty Mega Man representation.

That Sigma model looks awful, though; I sincerely hope it gets more refinement down the line.

[Image: sig.gif]
25-04-2017, 03:47 PM
Find Reply
DWN-060 Clownman Offline
Τὸ Μεγα Θηρίον
Super Moderators

I'm curious what the second phase is gonna be. Original game was two forms of Onslaught, 2 was 3 forms for Abyss, and 3 was random villains followed by Galactus.
25-04-2017, 04:23 PM
Find Reply