MaGMML2 - Bug Reporting Thread
Mr. G-Force Offline
You are my bottom tier hero.
Registered

Threads: 0
RE: MaGMML2 - Bug Reporting Thread
Using Super Mode in Hardcore Parkour during the vertical autoscroll segment is basically a death sentence. If you fly into ANY part of the moving walls, you pretty much either die instantly, or phase into the wall for a couple of seconds, and then die. I don't know if this is an issue with Super Mode or the collision programming of that segment, so it may not be fixable.

Also, you still auto-win against Super Toad Man even if you die.

You were expecting something witty down here? Scroll your eyes back up there!

Bloody amateurs...
13-10-2017, 04:08 AM
Find Reply
WanderingShadow Offline
Registered

The little color chart for custom costumes doesn't seem to work right. Right out of the box the custom Mega Man that you can download as a sample is dark blue and white rather than dark blue and light blue, and everyone will refer to you as "woman". It seems like the first square is prime color, the third square is secondary color, and the second, fourth and fifth squares do nothing, which is way different than what the little chart says.
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2017, 08:47 AM by WanderingShadow.)
13-10-2017, 08:46 AM
Find Reply
ZeroGamer Offline
Registered

Playing the Final Arena, when this occur trying to fight Sheriff Chimera bot:

of <Unknown Event>
for object objBoltonAndNutton:

Variable objNobitaCieling.dir(100102, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_RoomCC_lvlWily6_CruiseElroy_11667_Create
############################################################################################

Then the game crash.
13-10-2017, 12:31 PM
Find Reply
lizardcommando Offline
Regular
Registered

Threads: 2
If you select a level in the Pit levels with Galaxy Man's help and beat it, music stops playing after teleporting back into the Pit level hub. Music will not play until you exit the Pit level and go back into the main game hub.
14-10-2017, 05:19 AM
Find Reply
Mr. G-Force Offline
Registered

Ok, this isn't a bug, but a nice "quality of life" recommendation.

When fighting the bosses in the new Dojo boss selection mode, having the entire menu start back at the first page of bosses every time you die, win, or exit, is pretty annoying. It gets especially bad when you're fighting a boss on say, page 5 for example. It just gets tedious having to repeatedly tap the right arrow key over and over and OVER. It doesn't help you can't go back from page 1 and end up on page 7. It's a one way trip.

And yeah, I know I'm bitching, but it would be really nice if this were remedied.

Bloody amateurs...
14-10-2017, 05:52 AM
Find Reply
barberbarberjoe Offline
Postman
Registered

In Wily Castle VR, the missiles coming out of pits are invisible (except one that only becomes visible when you die after the first checkpoint, bizarrely) and cause invisible blocks to be in what seems to be empty space. This causes a severe problem in one area that has a vertical shaft, a few spikes and two Piriparees that you can only get through by sliding, but it's impossible due to the invisible blocks.
15-10-2017, 03:15 PM
Find Reply
Wickedirish Offline
Registered

(12-10-2017, 10:55 AM)barberbarberjoe Wrote: Then this is a big problem, given how some levels require that you go through a bridge of Tomahawk Man platforms. Come to think of it, you can also occasionally fall through the chained platforms in Mario Land, so those must have used Tomahawk Man platforms as a base.

Speaking of that level, I went through the main path twice now, and the star spat out by Bowser still doesn't register as an Energy Element when I pick it up. This may not seem like much, but can make it potentially impossible to get all Energy Elements from that level.

Did you find out the solution? I'm having the same issue too.... went through the main course twice and the star didn't register as an energy orb....
16-10-2017, 04:10 AM
Find Reply
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

Threads: 3
Please update @barberbarberjoe @ Wickedirish. Those bugs were all fixed like over a week ago.
16-10-2017, 12:00 PM
Find Reply
barberbarberjoe Offline
Postman
Registered

(16-10-2017, 12:00 PM)SnoruntPyro Wrote: Please update @barberbarberjoe @ Wickedirish. Those bugs were all fixed like over a week ago.
Do I have to re-download 1.2.0? It's the version I have.
16-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Find Reply
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

Make sure you replaced ALL files in the main folder. Your saves will be safe.
18-10-2017, 08:06 PM
Find Reply
Mr. G-Force Offline
Registered

Ok, this one I found is so inexplicable it causes me physical pain. But I kind of want you all t see it for yourself. So all I'm gonna say is "Karrot Man" and "Zero Buster."

That is all.

It is also the ONLY costume to suffer this glitch. I tested all 28 of them.

Bloody amateurs...
19-10-2017, 01:50 AM
Find Reply
M-Jacq Offline
I make Let's Players cry.
Registered

Threads: 7
I added a custom skin to the skins folder. (The Cuphead one Cruise did on the forum.)

My game is now completely unplayable. The game still plays, but the screen is completely black. I imagine switching back to another costume would change that... if I could find the costume hub.......

[Image: 1WyygO9.png]

"I feel like there could've been much more done here, such as racial segregation" --Enjl, 2017
20-10-2017, 10:39 PM
Find Reply
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

Just delete the costume in the appdata folder
21-10-2017, 10:03 PM
Find Reply
M-Jacq Offline
I make Let's Players cry.
Registered

Threads: 7
Yep, got rid of that and everything is fine, except that the Mega Man costume in the shop is completely black now?

[Image: 1WyygO9.png]

"I feel like there could've been much more done here, such as racial segregation" --Enjl, 2017
22-10-2017, 06:48 PM
Find Reply
lizardcommando Offline
Regular
Registered

You might need to delete the last skin you added. When I used the Megaman X skin that was on the MaGMML wiki, it turned the Megaman sprite in the costume selection screen light green. When I deleted that skin, everything turned out normal.
23-10-2017, 03:37 AM
Find Reply
Mr. G-Force Offline
Registered

Couple more things I found:

When fighting Strawberry Milk, the milk geysers disappear if you die once. Not the biggest deal in the world, and it actually makes his attacks easier to dodge, but it clearly shouldn't happen.

The second thing is weirder; new game plus doesn't actually give you all costumes. Specifically, Bad Scissors Day Cut Man, me irl, and Super Saiyan Mega Man are unlocked to buy in the shop, but they aren't purchased, so you can't use them immediately. The Rush, Marisa and Zero costumes, on an even odder note, aren't unlocked at all. They aren't available for use, nor are they even in the shop in the first place.

Bloody amateurs...
23-10-2017, 10:20 PM
Find Reply
Mr. G-Force Offline
Registered

I entered the teleporter in one of Pyro's Null and Void segments (the one with the giant metal blades on rails) and I got softlocked. No, really, that's all I did. Not even the suicide key could save me. The only way out was to close out the game.

I don't know how I manage to find this stuff. I really don't. But like I said, I'm more or less a bug magnet. If something bad only has a 1 out of 50 chance of happening, it will invariably happen to me.

Bloody amateurs...
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2017, 11:18 PM by Mr. G-Force.)
25-10-2017, 11:17 PM
Find Reply
awd42 Offline
Regular
Registered

Yay, no more "bandwidth exceeded", I can post here instead of registering yet another forum account!

Am I missing something with the gamepad config? I select it from the options menu and it recognizes the buttons I press for Jump, Shoot, Slide, Prev/Next, & Pause, but afterwards it goes back to the menu and the gamepad is not active, only the keyboard. This is with a Logitech GamePad Pro USB, if that matters (SNES-style with two shoulder buttons [D-pad + ABXY, L1L2R1R2, Start/Select -- 10 total buttons]; works perfectly in everything else I've ever tried it in).

Sadly it seems I won't be able to play this game until I buy a new PC, or perhaps defile my MacBook Pro with a native Windows installation, as performance is terrible in my Windows VM. It's running at about 45 fps, but strangely the CPU usage is only at 35% or so... Huh I used this same VM to make my level in the MaGMML2 devkit, and that ran perfectly fine.

I also tried it on an older Windows laptop I wasn't too hopeful for, and it runs like crap there too, at 38 fps; but again, CPU use is 60% or so, not maxed. What gives?

Is there a way to scroll judge comments more quickly (or a page at a time)? Right now they scroll about one line every two seconds.

If you start a new game and exit the game before leaving Dr. Light's lab, you have to listen to his whole bloody speech again the next time you load the game. Annoying... also it would be nice if we could dismiss text dialogs with the "start" key/button without having to see all of it.

The timing of firing the super arrow is off. In Mega Man 5, you could fire it while jumping and land on it by holding A + right (or left) and rolling onto B while still holding A (BTW, this also works for the balloon in MM4). I'm 95% sure this worked properly in the devkit, but it doesn't work in MaGMML2.

I noticed some bugs in my level (AD 2101):
  1. On the 2nd screen, the mousubeil tends to get stuck in the Yoku blocks. Very minor, but weird...
  2. The quick lasers have been changed to instant-death. I had programmed custom lasers that did 8 damage.
Both of these are new issues with the released game and were correct in the devkit and in Flashman85's result stream. All of these reports are against v1.2.0.
02-11-2017, 08:01 AM
Find Reply
Joseph Collins Away
Postman
SIBRE Alpha Testers

11/11 Super Edit: Compressed my post with Spoiler tags. It was becoming an eyesore.
11/17 Super Edit 2:
Decided to compare my list to the changelogs since and cross out the bugs which have been eliminated, as of v1.3.1
Also decided to move the bugs which will not be fixed to its own category.

(02-11-2017, 08:01 AM)awd42 Wrote: Is there a way to scroll judge comments more quickly (or a page at a time)? Right now they scroll about one line every two seconds.
The Previous/Next Weapon buttons make text boxes jump a-page-at-a-time.

And, now... for some of my own discoveries, in order of discovery.
(Bugs marked as *New* have been added since the last release.)

[spoiler=Bugs which will not be fixed* (Last updated: Nov. 22nd)]
These "bugs," as per SnoruntPyro's own words, are either "working as intended" or will never be fixed, for one reason or other. At this point, they are just listed here "for lols."

[spoiler=Submission-Specific Bugs (Last updated: Nov. 22nd)]
(ie. "Not their problem")
  • Ya know, I was alright – truly and genuinely alright – with the Yggdrassil level. I was playing it, jamming out to the music, getting annoyed with the weird design, but overall enjoying myself far more than I did with the level directly before it.
    [spoiler=Then, this happened.][Image: ffHx8Ft.png][/spoiler]
    I tried to jump down from the screens above this one, hugging on to the left side. The game didn't like that and decided to hard-softlock, on me. You can't open the weapon menu, the game doesn't respond to any buttons, and even pressing 2 (the "panic suicide button") doesn't fix it. Kind of a nasty bug, that'n.
  • In that same level, in the Force Laser checkpoint with the slope going up-and-left, you can get "stuck" on the top of the slope simply by holding left. This results in the player rapidly fluctuating between standing and jumping, complete with accompanying "player land" sound playing every-other frame.
    • There's one of these in Thoron's "Conveyor Mayhem," as well.
  • Oh, and, the ladder at the bottom of the tall, tall Yoku Block tower section appears to not work. Like, at all. I had to scale that screen using a mix of Wheel Cutter, Super Arrow, and Rush... which, I'm sure you're supposed to do, anyway. But, still.

• [spoiler=This is not a warp...][Image: f4Ye5cr.png][/spoiler]
    ... to the next area of the Shovel Knight level. In fact, it leads nowhere at all. Time to hit the 2 key.

• In the stage, "Ruined Lab," you can slide through the broken pipe.
    (I honestly didn't know it was a destructible object.)
  • In that same stage, the Doc Robot boss' weapons sometimes fail to work properly – most notably, Plant Barrier will sometimes fail to damage the player, but still collides with projectiles and Sakugarne.

• [spoiler=Why is this invisible ladder/platform...][Image: D4AgJOf.png][/spoiler]
    ... even here, in CosmicGem's "Force Man" stage?

• Flash Stopper has the following undesirable effects on certain submission-specific objects:
    • "The Kid" ("Spikey Situation") gets I-Frame-locked (unable to be damaged further), until Flash Stopper wears off.
    • "Super Toadman" ("Smed's Big Annoying Mess of a Level") is immune to Flash Stopper, but his projectiles aren't.
    • The Air Devil mini-boss ("Launch/Shuttle Man") gets I-Frame-locked, until Flash Stopper wears off.
    • Launch/Shuttleman are immune to Flash Stopper, but their projectiles aren't.
    • Launch/Shuttleman also become temporarily invulnerable, if Flash Stopper is used.
    • Cyberman ("Cyber Man") is immune to Flash Stopper, but his projectiles aren't.
    *New* Spiked-Wall Man's blue (and red?) spikes freeze, but new ones continue spawning, potentially
       causing the fight to become unwinnable, once Flash Stopper wears off.

• [spoiler=This fall off a ladder in Doctor Novakaine's "Escape Sequence..."][Image: U7wBHuk.png][/spoiler]
    ... is impossible, without assistance.
  • In that same level, it's possible to use Sakugarne to bounce off the background explosions.
    (Since they do no damage to the player, I can only assume that it's a bug.)

• In RedBlupi's "Cyber Man" stage, after using a warp tile in a room with moving platforms and Saturn Seekers, the Saturn Seekers stopped animating.
  • Also, during the fight with Cyberman, if you're using Jewel Satellite, it seems like he takes damage from it (thus, taking the shield away), almost every time he teleports... even if he's nowhere near you.
    (I'm thinking this is unintentional, since he takes damage. Otherwise, I'd figure that it was just part of the fight.)

• At the start of The Stove Guy's "Beneath Sand and Rocks," you can use Wheel Cutter to get out of that "shuntz tube," thus skipping the music trigger and leaving the level silent.
    (There are various areas of the game where you can use Super Arrow/Wheel Cutter to do stuff like this, but this is the only one I've found that actually changes a level, in some way.)

• [spoiler=In NaOH's "Quarantine Woman..."][Image: NseS2wl.png][/spoiler]
    ... there's a misplaced "ladder top" tile on a ladder not too far from the start.
    (And, considering that this level is ranked #5, well...)

• "Revenge of Toadman" (boss of Entity's "Hardcore Parkour") sometimes (?) self-destructs if you die while fighting him, then come back.
    (I'm not sure if this has been fixed, or not. I really don't want to play through the level, again, to check.)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Working "as Intended"]
(ie. "Will not be fixed")
  • Beat's palette matches the player's Costume, on the File Select screen, if the player saves while wearing a Costume.

• If on a jet(snow?)board, the player's normal movement animations still play.
    (It's supposed to remain a static standing (or shooting) pose.)

• Flash Stopper has the following undesirable effects on devkit objects:
    • It stops Force Beams from spawning, if used before they fire off.
    • Junk Golems that spawn on lower platforms and Rackasers can be interacted with before they appear.
       This is especially noteworthy on the Golems because, despite appearing to fall from the ceiling,
       they are actually already on the ground and can be shot or run into.
    • If used while on a moving Spinning Lift, the lift will fall the instant Flash Stopper wears off.
    • If used before a Junk Block forms, you can see where it goes, but can't interact with it.
    • It will freeze Waveman Bubbles, but won't stop new ones from spawning.
    • If used in a scrolling area where Yoku Blocks spawn, the off-screen Yoku Blocks will not appear until Flash Stopper wears off, even if they're supposed to be there.

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=(v1.3.1) Actually bugs, maybe some oversights (Last updated: Nov. 27th)]
  • I'm having the exact same problem with the controller as awd42; I can assign buttons, but the game refuses to acknowledge any button presses anywhere outside of the controller setup. I ended up doing the old classic of using JoyToKey to map the keyboard to my controller.

• If playing as any "female" skin (such as Roll), he still calls the player "Sir," when he delivers his line about his "inner fire."
    (Fixed in v1.3.0)

• If you change Costumes while Super Arrow is equipped, the player's palette stays on the previous color set until they leave the Costume Shop.
    (For some reason, Super Arrow's palette doesn't update with the player's. This makes for some pretty fun color effects, I have to say. Too bad it's only temporary...)

• For whatever reason, the wavy text effect does not animate, in Tier 8's hub level.

• As reported on the official forums, as of v1.2, any Custom Costume used will be called by the name of "Woman," regardless of what colors the "file information" pixels are set to.
    (The character colors seem to work just fine, though.)

(Completely fixed in v1.3.0)

• Waveman Bubbles will shove the player through terrain and kill them, if one floats under their feet while they stand on solid ground.
    (A good place to see this in action is MrKyuren's "Boil Man" stage, where the first Fire Lobster is.)

• I meant to mention this sooner, but either the player's hitbox needs tightening, or the spike tiles do. I have died numerous times from spikes, usually from the side, despite not being anywhere near them.
    • In fact, the platform hitboxes need tightening, too, as there are numerous places in various levels – even the high-
    tier ones – where the player can stand on a platform from the previous room, even though it's completely off-screen.

• [spoiler=This Spinning Lift, in JupiHornet's "mixed-up reality" level...][Image: 9A09eFW.png][/spoiler]... zips right/down-right at warp speed, when stepped on.
    (Fixed in v1.3.0)

• If a Yudon tries to fire a missile while its chest is off-screen, it will stay in its arms-raised pose, eyes wide-open, and completely invulnerable.

• If a Coltn is scrolled to the top or bottom of a screen, to where its projectiles would despawn, it will start rapidly firing.
    (It's just noisy, not game-breaking.)

• Under certain circumstances (Wily Star 4), splashing down into water on a Wave Bike will cause it to break through the water's surface and sink, as if there were no Wave Bike at all.
    (It was stage-exclusive, but it's been fixed, as of v1.3.0)

• In Tier X, after exiting the stage, "Coyote Man," the camera locked at a strange position. Climbing a latter jerked it down to the ground floor and temporarily plunks the player in terrain.
    (Fixed in v1.3.0)

• The True Finale level maps (shown with the Level Mapper) desperately need updating.
    (There are significantly more rooms than shown and the maps frequently fail to line up with the dots.)
    In MiniMacro/SnoruntPyro's True Finale Level 2 sub-level, one room is misaligned, on the Level Mapper display.
    (Inexplicably fixed, while the "inaccurate maps" thing wasn't, in v1.3.0.)

• In Shinryu's True Finale Level 2 sub-level, there's a 1x2 block, hovering over a Large Bolt, that fails to vanish after you beat the first two-toned Snakey.
    (I only menton this because walking against it makes the player vibrate, like it's an "object," rather than terrain.)

(Fixed in v1.3.0)

• In Zieldak's True Finale Level 3 sub-level, while talking to Warp Hertz, enemies still move around and can potentially harm the player.

• In Zatsupachi's True Finale Level 5 sub-level, the Bullet Hell "boss" projectiles do not freeze, if you pause the game.

• The actual program executable, "MaGMML2.exe,"opens itself behind whatever window/program you're currently looking at. If you're staring at the Windows desktop, it still opens without focus.
    (In v1.2.0, it would sometimes upen without focus, but never behind everything.)
  • The actual program executable does not create a Taskbar button for itself until it gains focus.
    (I should mention, this did not happen in v1.2.0 and seems exclusive to v1.3.1.)

• Under certain circumstances, Spinning Lifts will drag the player through terrain.
    (This happens, most notably, in "Under Sand and Rocks", if the player stays on a lift that falls into the sand.
    Similar things happen in Mega Man Maker, which uses this same engine...)

• The Tornado Magnets are glitchy when placed next to solid terrain

• In the Pit of Pits level, "Cossack Climb," the top-most Tornado Magnet is impossible to jump onto unless you make an absolutely pixel-perfect jump at just the right time

• [spoiler=*New* Dachone, Ltd. Ed. units…][Image: dKS4B7Z.png]
    … should not be able to defy the laws of physics.
    (Basically, they should stop at the edge of the platform, like their high-budget counterparts.[/spoiler]

• *New* Under some circumstances, it's possible to fall straight through a Tomahawk Lift.
    (Happened to me in SnoruntPyro's "Typical Miniboss Fights" Pit of Pit stage when I jumped just before the platform rose.
  • *New* If a Tomahawk Lift is at the edge of a screen, you can take it with you (temporarily) by simply walking into the next screen.
    (Again, happened in that stage.)

• *New* The player can be injured while using a Galaxy Telepoter.
    (There's really no way to prove or disprove if this should be a thing, since there's never an opportunity where the player can be hurt, using teleporters, in Mega Man 9. However, "common sense" tells us that it shouldn't be.)

• *New* The player can be injured from underfoot, while using Jewel Satellite.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=(v1.3.1) Complaints and comments and such (Last updated Nov. 23th)]
  • This is more of a complaint, but... those Roll sprites are awful. It may have been better to use either the Mobile ones or, better still, the ones Zynk Oxhyde made for his Roll-Chan ROM hacks (with his permission, of course). But, that's just my opinion.

• If playing as any "female" skin (such as Roll), Doorman calls the player "[costume name] Jerk."
    (I'm guessing the effect was supposed to be along the lines of "Mega Jerk," but that looks funny with costumes.)

• Also mostly a complaint: Smed's "Super Toadman" hops around like a maniac, spamming projectiles that eventually become unavoidable, takes 1 damage from a (normal) charged shot, and has no weaknesses at all. If the lack of a weakness is intentional, well... "good boss."

• Not sure if this is unintentional, but when the lights go out via killing a 100 Watton, they're supposed to come back on, after about 10 seconds. If it's a bug, it should be looked into. If it's intentional, then consider this a complaint.

• The player shouldn't be able to slide into a 1-block high area and fall down a 1x1 hole. But, since there's at least a couple of levels which use this mechanic, I'm going to assume it was a stylistic choice rather than an oversight.

• [spoiler=I... did I miss something?][Image: KjV1qOh.png][/spoiler]
    This is literally the first (and only) time I've seen Dr. Wily in my entire playthrough. Is it because I've been Roll since Tier 2? Or, was I not supposed to visit Dr. Light until I was completely finished with all the levels? (I had 72 Energy Elements when "Melodramaman" popped in and gave me the Space Bike.)

• *Serious Offense* In Zatsupachi's "Area Zero" sub-level of the True Finale, he used the blue-colored Force Laser shooters. As we learned in Forceman's stage, blue means "temporary." However, the Force Beams being fired are not.
    (Yes, he demonstrates that he's defying the conventions, in the very first room. Still, he's defying an established convention that is used properly in other rooms in that very same level.)

• Butt Mode (accessible in the Cheat Mode menu) turns every instance of the word "man" into the word "butt."
    [spoiler=… … …][Image: VZC8xka.jpg]
    Every. Instance.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

In brighter news, the game runs just fine, on my budget laptop. The load times are particularly atrocious and the title screen keeps whining about "low FPS," but for the levels I've played so far, I haven't experienced any lag.
Except, in certain, object-heavy levels... But, that's to be expected.
(This post was last modified: 27-11-2017, 10:47 AM by Joseph Collins.)
10-11-2017, 01:05 AM
Find Reply
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

Sorry, but a bunch of the bugs you reported aren't bugs and were actually caused by the submitter, lol. The fake ladder in Yggdrasil, the random tile in Quarantine Woman, the ladder fall in Escape Sequence, the slope glitchiness, the pipe in Ruined Lab, Cyber Man hittable by Jewel Satellite, and the background explosion bouncing were all submitter-caused. Flash Stopper 'bugs' are all pretty much intentional, as well as Beat's color changing and the sled animations (I tried forcing the stand animation but someone kept reverting it so I just gave up). A bucnh of other stuff has been fixed in the new patch, though.
12-11-2017, 09:09 PM
Find Reply