MaGMML2 - Bug Reporting Thread
ACESpark Offline
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.
Administrators

Tetris AwardSpike AwardRockman AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorSmash AwardAce Award
MaGMML2 - Bug Reporting Thread
As we fast approach the release of the Devkit to public testing, it occurs to me, we might want somewhere for people to post bugs they find, and not everyone uses Discord... so here it is!

Any bugs and/or inaccuracies you encounter in the engine, post here!... or in the Discord chat.
17-12-2016 11:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ACESpark Offline
Administrators

Tetris AwardSpike AwardRockman AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorSmash AwardAce Award
RE: MaGMML2 - Bug Reporting Thread
SuzyG is borked in the current build. She was originally using a workaround to.. workaround a bugged Gravity script. Now that's been fixed, the workaround now breaks her. To fix her, replace this:

Code:
event_inherited();
if myGrav=1
    image_index=(imageOffset);
if myGrav=-1
    image_index=(5+imageOffset);

With the following:

Code:
event_inherited();
if myGrav=1
    image_yscale=1;
if myGrav=-1
    image_yscale=-1;
image_index=imageOffset;
- Fixed in one of the devkit updates.
(This post was last modified: 19-12-2016 09:16 PM by ACESpark.)
19-12-2016 08:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ACESpark Offline
Administrators

Using Au Au and dying results in this crash:
Code:
for object objAuAuShot:

Error in code at line 27:
           direction = point_direction(x, y, objMegaman.x, objMegaman.y);

Fixed - pyro
(This post was last modified: 19-12-2016 11:20 PM by SnoruntPyro.)
19-12-2016 10:27 PM
gone-sovereign Offline
Regular
Registered

Haven't been on Discord so I think you may already be aware of some of these bugs. Nevertheless:

-The Snake Man cloud platforms seem to suffer from the same problem as they did in the original Mega Man 3. If you're standing on the platform as they rise from underneath you, the platform shunts you off.
-The screen transition is broken between the last and second-to-last rooms of the Mega Man 8 gimmick showcase (speaking of Mega Man 8, will the Rush Jet gimmick from Tengu Man's stage be implemented as well?).
-I had this happen with one of the Pooker enemies in the Mega Man 6 gimmick showcase.
-With the MM8 sledding gimmick, you're able to pass through the blocks you're meant to shoot at, without taking damage.
-Mega Man shouldn't use the jumping sprite when he's on the sled either.

-Less a bug, more a complaint: The Galaxy Man teleporters should have better indication as to whether they'll drop you right-side up or upside down.
-You can't slide while upside down, or die by falling up into a bottomless pit (or ceiling if you prefer) with the Gravity Man gimmick.
-The MM2 platforms that fall out from underneath you seem like they do so a bit too quickly.
-The Air Tikis generate Petit Gobins even when you're no longer standing on them.
-Somehow I glitched through Big Snakey's platforms when I got hit. (Pyro: this should be fixed but I'm not entirely sure)

I'll need to play through some more of the test stages, but I'll continue to report back any new bugs I notice.

Crossed out stuff is fixed -Pyro

"You have to understand that people aren't just people -- they're a collection of the choices they have made."
- Peckinpah, House of Gold & Bones Part 3: The Answers
-----------------
DeviantArt
Tumblr
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2017 06:36 PM by SnoruntPyro.)
20-12-2016 11:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JoeReviewer Offline
Registered

In the MM5 gimmick testing room, if you miss the jump from the first spinning platform back to the second one and die you get this error:

for object objMM5SpinningPlatform:

Error in code at line 8:
and objMegaman.ground == true
^
at position 21: Unknown variable ground

Fixed -Pyro
(This post was last modified: 24-12-2016 09:46 PM by SnoruntPyro.)
21-12-2016 03:25 AM
BBLIR Offline
Casual game developer
Registered

In version 12. 22., I found a bug, where hitting a Sniper Joe Mech will spawn a Sniper Joe with each hit.

Also, when New Shotmen are onscreen, pausing the game or in any way freezing it, results in this:
for object objGlobalControl:

Error in code at line 7:
if !frozen { //Start Freeze
^
at position 18: Unknown variable frozen

All of this has been fixed now -Pyro
(This post was last modified: 27-12-2016 05:02 PM by SnoruntPyro.)
26-12-2016 07:23 PM
Bloo Offline
Professional Mediocre Spriter
Registered

Any time I shoot an enemy my game crashes. It doesn't give me an error message or anything.

If I was a vegetable I'd have ten potatoes.
26-12-2016 10:19 PM
BBLIR Offline
Casual game developer
Registered

While in anti-gravity, trying to clim a ladder from a standing position results in running in place.

Also,for some odd reason, Rush Jet seems to just stop while flying. This happens quite frequently on very specific parts of the level, so I'm not sure if it's just my level or that's a general issue.
EDIT(12.29.):
When going up on Rush Jet, Mega Man just falls off. And hitting the edge of a Splash Woman platform kills you.
Also Crash Man platforms seem to respawn when offscreen, often slowly moving to the right.
EDIT2(1.8. '17):
Rushjet seems to shake while standing on him.
Also Crash Man platforms are still broken and I have no idea what to replace them with.

It doesn't seem to happen anymore-BBLIR
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2017 01:45 PM by BBLIR.)
29-12-2016 12:16 PM
Beed28 Offline
The world is more fun when it's all bouncy.
Registered

If you set the Arrow to be locked, then at the pause screen, the whole game will completely lock up if you try scrolling down past it from the Rush and Wire items to the Exit button.

Fixed -Pyro
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2017 05:11 AM by SnoruntPyro.)
31-12-2016 03:25 PM
The Mega Fan 19XX Offline
AKA: Speed Wind
Registered

-The teleporters from the MM2 & MM3 Enemy sections don't work, which means you'll have to exit the level to get out of those sections.

-Also one of the mini Snakies (near the end of the MM3 enemy section) shot me off screen throwing me to a bottomless pit and instead of dying it cause the game to crash.

-There was also one glitch with Cutman whare i used Flash Stopper on him and the sprite kept moving forward until it left the screen, fortunately it came back after the effects of the Flash Stopper ended.

-Then there's the fact that Wheel Cutter completely ignores Plant Man, i mean that it passes right through him without hitting him (kinda like a ghost). Intentional (?) -Pyro

-Also this not a bug but a complain: who thought using Slash Claw as the weakness for Volt Man was a good idea? i mean, using a short ranged melee weapon against a shield user is NOT a good idea.

-Also the game crashed when i finished Centaur Man with the Triple Blade. Fixed - ACE

-Also i don't know if this happened to anyone else but when i played it the first time Megaman kept charging his buster and he coudn't fire any of the special weapons. I fixed it when i changed the control settings but i don't know how it happened in the first place and i don't know how to replicate it.

I'll post more bugs when i find them.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2017 06:35 PM by SnoruntPyro.)
02-01-2017 01:42 AM
Beed28 Offline
Registered

Not sure if this was reported yet, but the climbing offsets for the Proto Man, Bass, and Roll costumes are off.

EDIT: Also, using Flash Stopper on Pharaoh Man only lets you hit him once, unlike in Mega Man 4 whereas you could hit him multiple times when he's frozen.

Fixed -Pyro
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2017 11:06 PM by SnoruntPyro.)
02-01-2017 04:57 PM
gone-sovereign Offline
Regular
Registered

To add to what The Mega Fan 19XX posted above, this is the error you get upon killing Centaur Man:

ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event
for object objCentaurDetector:

Error in code at line 6:
if instance_exists(objMegaman) && objCentaurMan.randomSpawn == false
^
at position 50: Unknown variable randomSpawn

Fixed -Pyro

"You have to understand that people aren't just people -- they're a collection of the choices they have made."
- Peckinpah, House of Gold & Bones Part 3: The Answers
-----------------
DeviantArt
Tumblr
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2017 10:34 PM by SnoruntPyro.)
02-01-2017 09:08 PM
ACESpark Offline
Administrators

Update to the latest devkit build, Centaur Man was fixed a while back.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/euw8y13mrmgqkm....gm81?dl=0

02-01-2017 09:55 PM
ACESpark Offline
Administrators

Can't remember if this has been reported or not, but Cut Man does this:
[Image: s73H6mY.gif]

If Mega Man is next to a wall and he turns around.
I don't know enough about the collision system to fix it myself. This might be an issue with other enemies too but it's easiest to test with Cut Man.

Fixed - ACE
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2017 09:16 PM by ACESpark.)
03-01-2017 05:01 PM
Saturn Offline
Pingu
Registered

I've been testing gimmicks for my level and some of them seem to interact strangely or could be improved. If it's not asking too much, I would like to make a few suggestions:

Improvement is a double–edged sword: while you feel bad for not being able to go back and fix everything, it allows you to go forward stronger; and it repeats on and on: it hurts to redo redo and redo, but you know it's always for a good reason.

Quote: "Noot noot." - Saturn, 21XX
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2017 06:34 PM by SnoruntPyro.)
07-01-2017 11:17 PM
Beed28 Offline
Registered

The upgraded Mega Buster charged shot doesn't affect Pooker unlike the regular charged shot.

If you shoot just as you're going through a boss door (and the door in question doesn't lead to a boss fight), Mega Man stays in his shooting pose until you shoot again or get hit.

The giant Metool mini-boss in the Mega Man 3 enemy showcase doesn't seem to be set up properly, making it impossible to get passed him.

Blocky shouldn't be able throw his body a second time.

The moving water and floor room at the end of the Mega Man 6 showcase is completely screwed up.

Projectiles don't "move with the screen" with the Mega Man 8 snowboard, unlike the Mega Man 5 Wave Bikes.

And finally, the locked door partially respawns if you scroll off the screen and scroll it back again, and prevents you from going through again.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2017 05:00 PM by SnoruntPyro.)
08-01-2017 09:35 PM
dracmeister Offline
Regular
Registered

Uh. So I did the whole automated tile collision thing, is there something I missed?

So I assigned blocks in the tileset then placed the object setter. And Megaman still falls through the floor.
Yes, they're on the same layer.

Can I provide screenshots?
10-01-2017 04:15 PM
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

Wedge AwardRockman Award
(10-01-2017 04:15 PM)dracmeister Wrote:  Uh. So I did the whole automated tile collision thing, is there something I missed?
The automated tileset thing is a known complete asshole that only decides to work half the time and I have no idea how it works because it's literal magic. Try...

* moving the tileset image somewhere else (top left corner of the room seems to work the most consistently for me)
* reorganizing your tileset so that the first row has solids in it
* making sure that the tileset is on the default layer
* making sure you didn't accidentally select more than the exact size of the background
* maybe try creating another room?

If none of this works, you'll probably just have to place stuff manually. I'm really sorry if it comes to that but the autotiler is actual magic that most of us don't understand and all of us are very frustrated at it suddenly not working.
10-01-2017 05:03 PM
Entity1037 Offline
That One Person Who Does Things
Registered

More possible fixes for objObjectSetter:

* Make sure the object is indeed on the topleft of your tileset in your room.
* Make sure the image size of your tileset is divisible by 16
* Make sure to shift-drag select the entire tileset and place the entire tileset all at once. It wont work if you place each tile down individually. Also make sure your tileset doesn't have "separation", aka empty space between your tiles, or else you really can't shift-drag it.
* Make sure the tileset and object are snapped to the 16x16 grid.

Programming a thing, ba da baa, programming a thing, ba da baa...
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2017 02:41 AM by Entity1037.)
11-01-2017 02:35 AM
dracmeister Offline
Regular
Registered

Oh yeah. There is a rather funny bug when landing on a slope that leads to vertical wall. If you press against the wall then land on a slope, Megaman gets stuck on his jumping/falling animation until the button is released.
11-01-2017 12:36 PM