crazydave3226 Offline
Registered

RE: MaGMML2 - Bug Reporting Thread
Even with 1.1,I'm having the same issue:

of Create Event
for object objGlobalControl:

undefined value
at gml_Script_SFXvolume
################################################################################​############
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_SFXvolume (line 0)
gml_Object_objGlobalControl_Create_0

Pls help, I wanna play this game so badly
06-10-2017 08:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ACESpark Offline
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.
Administrators

Tetris AwardSpike AwardRockman AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorSmash AwardAce Award
Goto here:
[Image: sbMdXGz.png]

Delete main.sav.

Try then. Your save might've gotten corrupted.

Also be sure to have the latest version, the game got updated to Version 1.1 recently.

06-10-2017 05:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MrTheFlame Offline
Registered

After beating Sheriff Man, I've had a weird error (https://imgur.com/2x3UQQL) that is apparently about a cutscene.

After beating the stage, the game crashed without giving me an error, but then this happened after starting the game.

I just noticed that there has been a new version of Magmml2, but I've already advanced kinda far to the point where I don't wanna reset my save file.

I've already tried copying my data.win from a game to another, but the same still happened.

Is there any way to transfer my v1 save file to 1.1?
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2017 11:44 PM by MrTheFlame.)
06-10-2017 11:40 PM
Threxx Offline
Postman
Registered

Wedge AwardChiptune AwardRevo Remix Contributor
(06-10-2017 11:40 PM)MrTheFlame Wrote:  After beating Sheriff Man, I've had a weird error (https://imgur.com/2x3UQQL) that is apparently about a cutscene.

After beating the stage, the game crashed without giving me an error, but then this happened after starting the game.

I just noticed that there has been a new version of Magmml2, but I've already advanced kinda far to the point where I don't wanna reset my save file.

I've already tried copying my data.win from a game to another, but the same still happened.

Is there any way to transfer my v1 save file to 1.1?

The saves are not stored in the same folder as the game files; updating the game will not alter your save file.

Generally disgruntled composer and Ideas Guy™. Currently working on Mega Man Shattered Diamond and an unannounced original project.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8JCLmX...ji0sctyEYQ
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/threxx-danne
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2017 09:07 PM by Threxx.)
07-10-2017 09:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
M. Jacquelinae Offline
I make Let's Players cry.
Registered

################################################################################​############
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step EventobjMegaman
for object prtEnemyProjectile:

Variable <unknown_object>.<unknown variable>(100418, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_prtEnemyProjectile_Collision_0

During the Chomp Chimerabot fight in Wily 6 ;-; It's in the fireball projectile that just randomly hovers in midair?

[Image: 1WyygO9.png]

"I feel like there could've been much more done here, such as racial segregation" --Enjl, 2017
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2017 10:06 PM by M. Jacquelinae.)
07-10-2017 09:52 PM
Mr. G-Force Offline
You are my bottom tier hero.
Registered

Can I just say that I'm amazed at how few bugs I've come across? The level of polish in this game is off the charts.

Um, flattery aside, I did find another "bug?" I put quotes because I feel as if I may be missing something important, and thus what I'm about to mention isn't a bug at all.

Regardless, Challenge 16 doesn't register for me. It's the one that tells you to "beat up the test dummy enough."
Now I'm assuming that's the (very gruesome looking) Toad Man punching bag thing in the dojo, correct? Well, I've damaged it to the point where it's destroyed and a yashichi pops out, but the challenge is still incomplete. I've done this several times by now. Nothing, each and every time. At the time of me writing this, I have beaten everything in the game up to the end of tier 9. All elements and noble nickels.

So..can anyone tell me if another test dummy is somewhere to be found, and that I'm attacking the wrong one? Or if one pops up later? Because for now I'm just plain confused.

You were expecting something witty down here? Scroll your eyes back up there!

Bloody amateurs...
08-10-2017 04:33 AM
RedBlueGray Offline
Registered

(08-10-2017 04:33 AM)Mr. G-Force Wrote:  Can I just say that I'm amazed at how few bugs I've come across? The level of polish in this game is off the charts.

Um, flattery aside, I did find another "bug?" I put quotes because I feel as if I may be missing something important, and thus what I'm about to mention isn't a bug at all.

Regardless, Challenge 16 doesn't register for me. It's the one that tells you to "beat up the test dummy enough."
Now I'm assuming that's the (very gruesome looking) Toad Man punching bag thing in the dojo, correct? Well, I've damaged it to the point where it's destroyed and a yashichi pops out, but the challenge is still incomplete. I've done this several times by now. Nothing, each and every time. At the time of me writing this, I have beaten everything in the game up to the end of tier 9. All elements and noble nickels.

So..can anyone tell me if another test dummy is somewhere to be found, and that I'm attacking the wrong one? Or if one pops up later? Because for now I'm just plain confused.

That's not what the challenge is. You have to do 30 dps to it.
08-10-2017 09:01 PM
Mr. G-Force Offline
Registered

Oh...well, ok then. I got it done, and to be honest, that challenge is kind of dumb. It's not clear on what exactly needs to be done, and people without a good mashing finger will NEVER get that challenge. Because unless there is another way of doing it, the only thing that seemed to get the job done was spamming Triple Blade at point-blank range.

Bloody amateurs...
09-10-2017 02:20 AM
M. Jacquelinae Offline
Registered

(09-10-2017 02:20 AM)Mr. G-Force Wrote:  Oh...well, ok then. I got it done, and to be honest, that challenge is kind of dumb. It's not clear on what exactly needs to be done, and people without a good mashing finger will NEVER get that challenge. Because unless there is another way of doing it, the only thing that seemed to get the job done was spamming Triple Blade at point-blank range.
I'm 99% sure that's the intended way to clear the challenge.

"I feel like there could've been much more done here, such as racial segregation" --Enjl, 2017
09-10-2017 03:06 AM
RedBlueGray Offline
Registered

You can also do it with Wheel Cutter. Back on topic, I noticed some of the sprites are wrong for Cutman, the Sakugarne and 1-up sprite in particular.

[Image: PVCtVug.png]
[Image: miouTnv.png]
09-10-2017 03:16 AM
barberbarberjoe Offline
Still Here
Registered

Shortly after I beat the Wily Star, I came back to Dr. Light's Lab and saw Fire Man having turned into Knight Man until I spoke to him, then he turned back to normal. Too much justice?
09-10-2017 01:04 PM
M. Jacquelinae Offline
Registered

Cyber Man still occasionally nopes out of his boss room.

09-10-2017 09:36 PM
Mr. G-Force Offline
Registered

Those rocket-propelled platforms from Tomahawk Man's stage are really buggy in Komuso Temple. I say only that level because I can't remember another level that features them as extensively as it does. And I'm too lazy to search through 80 other levels to find more of them for testing. (I'm just about to start the Wily stages)

Regardless, I fall straight through these things, like, all the damn time. It only seems to happen when the platforms ascend, but when they do, and I proceed to jump on them, I instead phase through them. And in Komuso Temple, that usually ends with me plunging into spikes. It is EXCEPTIONALLY problematic in the final stretch with the Lady Bug Bot and the Dachone. Getting through that segment in one piece is basically a stroke of luck for me.

Yet here is what puzzles me most; I have not heard ONE person talk about this. None of the judges spoke of it, and I'm the first person to report it. So what gives? Am I just that unlucky? (Yes. Yes I am.)

Bloody amateurs...
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2017 11:16 PM by Mr. G-Force.)
09-10-2017 11:13 PM
barberbarberjoe Offline
Still Here
Registered

When I fought Quint about 51 rooms into the Pit of Pits (with the effects of the boss health reduction item), the game crashed after I landed the last hit on him.

(09-10-2017 11:13 PM)Mr. G-Force Wrote:  Those rocket-propelled platforms from Tomahawk Man's stage are really buggy in Komuso Temple. I say only that level because I can't remember another level that features them as extensively as it does. And I'm too lazy to search through 80 other levels to find more of them for testing. (I'm just about to start the Wily stages)

Regardless, I fall straight through these things, like, all the damn time. It only seems to happen when the platforms ascend, but when they do, and I proceed to jump on them, I instead phase through them. And in Komuso Temple, that usually ends with me plunging into spikes. It is EXCEPTIONALLY problematic in the final stretch with the Lady Bug Bot and the Dachone. Getting through that segment in one piece is basically a stroke of luck for me.

Yet here is what puzzles me most; I have not heard ONE person talk about this. None of the judges spoke of it, and I'm the first person to report it. So what gives? Am I just that unlucky? (Yes. Yes I am.)

I also occasionally fall through those Tomahawk Man platforms, just not in that stage.
09-10-2017 11:32 PM
TLinkan Offline
Registered

I may need some assistance on this, I only have 58 Energy Elements, but when I went to Dr. Light to check up on him, I somehow unlocked the Wily Star? That can't be right, since I need 65 to do that!
10-10-2017 05:51 PM
lizardcommando Offline
Regular
Registered

(09-10-2017 11:32 PM)barberbarberjoe Wrote:  When I fought Quint about 51 rooms into the Pit of Pits (with the effects of the boss health reduction item), the game crashed after I landed the last hit on him.

(09-10-2017 11:13 PM)Mr. G-Force Wrote:  Those rocket-propelled platforms from Tomahawk Man's stage are really buggy in Komuso Temple. I say only that level because I can't remember another level that features them as extensively as it does. And I'm too lazy to search through 80 other levels to find more of them for testing. (I'm just about to start the Wily stages)

I also occasionally fall through those Tomahawk Man platforms, just not in that stage.

Those tomahawk platforms have been pretty buggy since the contest had begun. They act much buggier during scrolling sections. My level uses those quite a bit.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017 10:01 PM by lizardcommando.)
10-10-2017 10:00 PM
barberbarberjoe Offline
Still Here
Registered

Then this is a big problem, given how some levels require that you go through a bridge of Tomahawk Man platforms. Come to think of it, you can also occasionally fall through the chained platforms in Mario Land, so those must have used Tomahawk Man platforms as a base.

Speaking of that level, I went through the main path twice now, and the star spat out by Bowser still doesn't register as an Energy Element when I pick it up. This may not seem like much, but can make it potentially impossible to get all Energy Elements from that level.
12-10-2017 10:55 AM
RedBlueGray Offline
Registered

Dying to Wily Machine Sword during the rematch keeps you as that Robot Master when you return to the hub. For Hornet Man and I assume Bright Man, this just acts like you're wearing their costume.

As Jewel Man (and I assume Nitro Man), Rush Jet and Coil are invisible and Sakugarne is...this.

[Image: c1bj2XU.png]

Using Slash Claw or Wire turns you back into megaman for those animations. Climbing a ladder also does this, though you'll keep that Robot Master's color scheme.

Clearly the way to fix this is adding Nitro Man and Jewel Man costumes

Going back to Wily Machine Sword as any of the four will have you treated like the robot master for the fight, having access to infinite use of their weapon.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2017 10:21 PM by RedBlueGray.)
12-10-2017 02:32 PM
lizardcommando Offline
Regular
Registered

(12-10-2017 10:55 AM)barberbarberjoe Wrote:  Then this is a big problem, given how some levels require that you go through a bridge of Tomahawk Man platforms. Come to think of it, you can also occasionally fall through the chained platforms in Mario Land, so those must have used Tomahawk Man platforms as a base.

Speaking of that level, I went through the main path twice now, and the star spat out by Bowser still doesn't register as an Energy Element when I pick it up. This may not seem like much, but can make it potentially impossible to get all Energy Elements from that level.

Which chained platforms are you talking about?

Also, there's a good chance that when you killed Bowser, the Energy Element fell through the floor. That bug happened to me twice during the testing phase. I think I had attempted to fix that by changing the position the Energy Element spawns after he dies. If you kill Bowser when he jumps up in the air, the Energy Element should fall onto the floor.
13-10-2017 01:05 AM
barberbarberjoe Offline
Still Here
Registered

Those orange spinning platforms hooked onto single blocks, specifically the ones near the end of the overworld area. Thanks for the tip regarding Bowser though.
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2017 12:29 AM by barberbarberjoe.)
13-10-2017 02:26 AM