MaGMML2 - Bug Reporting Thread
Joseph Collins Away
Postman
SIBRE Alpha Testers

RE: MaGMML2 - Bug Reporting Thread
(12-11-2017 09:09 PM)SnoruntPyro Wrote:  Sorry, but a bunch of the bugs you reported aren't bugs and were actually caused by the submitter, lol.

Funny enough, that's the exact sort of response I expected. I mean, sure, the levels were submitted "as-is" and the only responsibility the organizers/coders have is to make sure that the levels are playable, in the final product, even if you have to use utility weapons to do so. But, when I see little, tiny things that should have been fixed within high-tier levels which are, otherwise, really well-made... well... I guess I'm the type of person who would investigate the matter and see if the creators would want them patched, rather than shrug and say, "that's not our responsibility."

But, hey. It's not my contest. I'm just playing the levels and content long after-the-fact. "lol."

I dunno. Maybe ACE should put a bolded asterisk in the opening post, telling people not to bother with level-specific bugs. Even though several levels contain several of the same gimmicks and effects.
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2017 01:35 AM by Joseph Collins.)
12-11-2017 09:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Mega Fan 19XX Offline
AKA: Speed Wind
Registered

we get it, joseph, some people are a little lazy sometimes, lol.
12-11-2017 09:59 PM
Blackhook Offline
Gonna get promoted...eventually
SIBRE Alpha Testers

Smash AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorIris Award
Why does the new version run worse than the initial release? I played the release version with no slowdown and now the game keeps telling me the FPS is too low???? How much did they fuck up optimisation?
Also being unable to use a D-pad on a controller. Dunno if a bug, but it is awful.

[Image: d82bcef28Chwb.png]
13-11-2017 04:33 PM
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

Wedge AwardRockman AwardTempo Award
Mess around with the settings in options.ini, that seems to work for pretty much everyone. Also are you sure you used 1.3.1...? Ace added d-pad support in 1.3.0..........
13-11-2017 11:50 PM
Joseph Collins Away
Postman
SIBRE Alpha Testers

It's not just Blackhook. And...
(02-11-2017 08:01 AM)awd42 Wrote:  Am I missing something with the gamepad config? I select it from the options menu and it recognizes the buttons I press for Jump, Shoot, Slide, Prev/Next, & Pause, but afterwards it goes back to the menu and the gamepad is not active, only the keyboard. This is with a Logitech GamePad Pro USB, if that matters (SNES-style with two shoulder buttons [D-pad + ABXY, L1L2R1R2, Start/Select -- 10 total buttons]; works perfectly in everything else I've ever tried it in).
(10-11-2017 01:05 AM)Joseph Collins Wrote:  I'm having the exact same problem with the controller as awd42; I can assign buttons, but the game refuses to acknowledge any button presses anywhere outside of the controller setup. I ended up doing the old classic of using JoyToKey to map the keyboard to my controller.
... it's been a problem (with a workaround) for a while, now.

Blackhook is also right in that v1.3.1 seems to stutter a little more often than v1.2.0 – particularly after first loading the game. v1.2.0 never had audio pops and crackles, either. After running it for a while, things seem to calm down, but the fact that any of this is going on, while v1.2.0 didn't have these problems, is kind of annoying.
(And, yes, I tried reverted my "options.ini" settings back to v1.2.0 settings. It may have helped, a little.)

Nov. 17th Edit: Also, I've finally updated my bug list (on the previous page), to reflect what SnoruntPyro has mentioned, since.
(This post was last modified: 17-11-2017 11:54 PM by Joseph Collins.)
14-11-2017 04:15 PM