MaGMML2 - Asset Request Thread
ACESpark Offline
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.
Administrators

Threads: 195
Lightbulb  MaGMML2 - Asset Request Thread
Don't leak your levels to the judges! I won't be monitoring this thread for that purpose but please keep things to either private messages or spoiler tags!
Note to Judges - I have no way of making it so you can't look at this thread... so play fair and don't look into spoiler tags in this thread.

Not everyone has graphical, or musical talents, and sometimes you want that little extra push. And not everyone is using Discord, so...
And if there's one thing the Mega Man community is very good at, its helping people out. This is a thread for you to request things for your level. There are a few rules attached to this:

1) One request per user, until your first request is accepted by someone. After that, you may request something else.

2) If you wish to keep things secret from the judges, post a vague reference to what you want: I.e "I want a 5 frame enemy, I can give more details in a private message" or "I'd like someone to cover a 40 second track, and I even have a midi for reference! More details in private message" - and that'll be that.
Alternatively, put it in a spoiler, and the judges will do their best not to look at content in a spoiler. The other moderators will to make sure you're playing fair. Anything outside of spoilers is considered fair game. This contest does not have a rule against not letting the judges see your work, but we'd rather not know whose level is what.

3) Be reasonable. No one will sprite an entire set of enemies, boss, tileset, etc, for one level. No one will make you a 500 frame set of highly animated graphics for a boss for one level. Keep the request, short, simple. For that matter, no one will code you an entire set of enemies either. Use what's in the devkit for pete's sake!

4) Ditto with the music, particularly since this takes a fair bit of effort on the part of the person answering the request. Be reasonable. Certainly don't be requesting 8bit covers of songs like this.

5) Your request may not be answered. Have a backup plan in place. NOT EVERYTHING REQUIRES ORIGINAL ASSETS AND IF YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF, DO SO. This is not a thread to be lazy, it is honestly a thread for those who cannot complete a certain asset that in an ideal world that they want. But this is not an ideal world. Your request, as stated before, MAY NOT BE ANSWERED.
Live with it, and plan for it accordingly. Have a backup plan!

6) To be in line with the above, try seeing if someone out there (i.e via Deviant Art or somesuch) has already done what you want asset wise.

7) You can request GML assistance... just again, be reasonable. No one is going to program you Sonic physics, and it needs to have a very definite scope. This would also apply to the one request rule as well! That being said, it is possible for you to either re-skin enemies in GML's creation code, or copy an enemy and replace its sprites and make minor tweaks. And considering the vast number of enemies in the Devkit, well, you don't have an excuse on something that simple. There will likely be minor tutorials on this when the Devkit gets released proper.

That's all. Remember, if you don't want the judges to see something, put it in spoilers or keep it vague enough that we won't guess whose level it is automatically as soon as we play it.
(This post was last modified: 31-12-2016, 10:15 PM by ACESpark.)
17-12-2016, 11:59 AM
Website Find Reply
ACESpark Offline
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.
Administrators

Threads: 195
RE: MaGMML2 - Asset Request Thread
Since I've made a thread for it... I actually have something to request (I'm one of the judges, so the request is open, and what i'm requesting doesn't spoil a thing about my level.) - my musical ability is rather naff.

I'm looking for a musical cover! There's a track I'd like to use, but in 8bit. Well, one of two. I'd give the option to the musician over which track to choose.

I have a backup in place that's already 8bit (and the boss theme is already covered), so here are the two tracks... ONE of which i'd like to see covered for the level if possible:

Gunstar Heroes - Last Party on the Moon : Intro Length 6s, loop length 1m.24s
or
Midnight Resistance - Home, Disappointment and Counterattack!: Intro Length 8s, loop length 59s

Either of these is fine, although I am leaning more towards Last Party on the Moon as a preference. If the other track is easier to do by ear, go with that one. I'm afraid I couldn't find midi references for either of these. If you're interested in doing either of these, PM me (and reply here so some other poor sod doesn't start covering the track). I can give you more details on the level itself that way.

Thanks in advance!

Someones accepted the request. That was quick. Thanks!

(This post was last modified: 17-12-2016, 12:38 PM by ACESpark.)
17-12-2016, 12:18 PM
Website Find Reply
Beed28 Offline
The world is more fun when it's all bouncy.
Registered

Threads: 5
I've got an idea for a level, but I'm not sure how possible it might be:
I'm wanting to make a level that has a "bouncy" and "bendy" effect in the terrain, similar to the fourth game showcased here:

(skip to 4:53)

Not sure how feasible this would be in the engine, if at all possible. I certainly haven't touched GML for many years, so I don't even know how to code half of the stuff the engine has.

EDIT: I have something else coded instead. See below.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2017, 12:55 PM by Beed28.)
20-12-2016, 11:25 PM
Find Reply
notencore Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 2
Tried working on this myself, but I am definitely not an artist.

I'm requesting a robot master sprite, it's about 4 frames in animation and no larger than 32x32. It's a spoiler for my level, so I'd like to go into more detail over PM or discord.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Decided on doing something else instead.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2017, 01:19 AM by notencore.)
31-12-2016, 01:17 AM
Find Reply
Beed28 Offline
The world is more fun when it's all bouncy.
Registered

Threads: 5
Alright, I've been working on a gimmick that I'm going to use in my level. It works mostly fine, but I have two big issues with it:
  • When trying to drop down from ladders, Mega Man jumps up off of them instead.
  • The effect intensifies when Mega Man dies (although it's fine again when it restarts).

Giving more details will be a spoiler, so if you would like to help, PM me!

EDIT: I managed to fix these on my own. Go me.
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2017, 12:47 AM by Beed28.)
31-12-2016, 03:36 PM
Find Reply
Smedis2 Offline
Are video games real?
Registered

Threads: 34
Can someone NES-ifiy this theme for me? I gave it a shot myself but it didn't come out too great. Here's a multitrack for those who need it.

CHECK OUT STUFF I MAKE OVER AT
[Image: d03b37145145880c6532998fa3a49c20.png]
Here's my TWITTER
02-01-2017, 12:12 AM
Website Find Reply
CosmicGem Offline
Chiptune Fanatic [Depressed]
Beta Tester

Threads: 1
ok

02-01-2017, 04:57 AM
Website Find Reply
Smedis2 Offline
Are video games real?
Registered

Threads: 34
ok adding onto my stuff
can someone make me an 8-bit sprite for Libra from Rockman Strategy? Must include the swinging animations and stuff as seen on that sheet.

CHECK OUT STUFF I MAKE OVER AT
[Image: d03b37145145880c6532998fa3a49c20.png]
Here's my TWITTER
04-01-2017, 11:50 AM
Website Find Reply
BBLIR Offline
Casual game developer
Registered

Threads: 7
Can someone tell me how to change the music mid-stage?
It would improve my level a lot.

-cancelled request
(This post was last modified: 21-01-2017, 12:53 PM by BBLIR.)
07-01-2017, 06:07 PM
Find Reply
Saturn Offline
Pingu
Registered

Threads: 4
Can someone please make a NES version of Save Our Planet from MMBN4's Meteor Comp? The GBA version is fine, but it feels very unfitting when dealing with a totally 8-bit game.

Improvement is a double–edged sword: while you feel bad for not being able to go back and fix everything, it allows you to go forward stronger; and it repeats on and on: it hurts to redo redo and redo, but you know it's always for a good reason.

Quote: "Noot noot." - Saturn, 21XX
(This post was last modified: 22-01-2017, 04:45 AM by Saturn.)
08-01-2017, 04:39 PM
Website Find Reply
gone-sovereign Offline
Regular
Registered

Threads: 2
I'd like to create a stage gimmick that involves modifying an existing asset to allow Mega Man to both move freely and not consume any energy. I don't have a great enough knowledge of Game Maker to do this on my own. Trying not to give too much away at the moment, so PM for details.

"You have to understand that people aren't just people -- they're a collection of the choices they have made."
- Peckinpah, House of Gold & Bones Part 3: The Answers
-----------------
DeviantArt
Tumblr
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2017, 03:34 PM by gone-sovereign.)
12-01-2017, 03:12 PM
Find Reply
Doctor Novakaine Offline
Regular
Registered

Threads: 1
I'm not asking anyone to make one, but does anyone know if there's any place I can find Mega Man 9 and 10 tilesets? I know the devkit has some MM9 tilesets but if there's any place where there are others I'd like to take a look at them.
16-01-2017, 02:55 AM
Find Reply
BBLIR Offline
Casual game developer
Registered

Threads: 7
I'm not very good with the GameMaker language or this engine and I need code for a boss in my level.
I have made sprites for the bossfight:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/crck252fuvkgf0i/Boss.png#
And the music:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/95ecox853q...IRboss.ogg
All I need is the code.
More information will be sent via PM to whoever volunteers.
(This post was last modified: 30-01-2017, 06:50 PM by BBLIR.)
21-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Find Reply
Mick Galbani Offline
Fanthulhu
Super Moderators

Threads: 37
I'd like to request some music help, a stage theme and a boss theme, preferably made in Famitracker.

If you're interested, PM me and I can provide additional details.

EDIT: Someone is looking into this request
(This post was last modified: 30-01-2017, 02:41 AM by Mick Galbani.)
29-01-2017, 09:35 PM
Find Reply