Mega Man Mobile Announced
Wave Offline
Resident holy man of Uluru
Registered

Rhythm Co-Admin Award
RE: Mega Man Mobile Announced
The old MM2 port on IOS was better than this. That one was actually relatively playable, I beat it on both difficulties on an iPod Touch.

These appear to be utter garbage. Why are these worse than the ancient previous IOS version?

m8
08-01-2017 03:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cruise Elroy Offline
Red Ghost with Orange Tie
Registered

It amazes me how much Capcom doesn't seem to care about their poster boy anymore. I mean, was this even playtested? Or did they just try to kick this out the door as soon as possible? Everyone's pretty much said anything I could've said already.
11-01-2017 03:16 AM
The Mega Fan 19XX Online
i'm mega bored
Registered

More images right here: (these are from the MM4 mobile port) (DISCLAIMER: big images)

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2017 11:07 PM by The Mega Fan 19XX.)
12-01-2017 11:06 PM
iYamWhatIYam Offline
MrKyurem's Bitch
Registered

Revo Remix Contributor
It's painfully obvious that at this point, this is nothing more than a re-furbishing of the 2007 ports made for the Japanese market. I don't even feel that I need to decompile them to prove it. Just looking at all this garbage pop up is enough.

Mike Crain Wrote:lol i take history with a grain of salt, because it's always written by the victors
and i wasnt there
- Mike Crain; May 2, 2016
13-01-2017 03:26 AM
Thojoewhit Offline
Regular Joe
Registered

Jesus, capcom. I'm glad I have MM anniversary for gamecube. This shit looks bad. Like early fan games bad.

I'm blue dabodedabodi
I'm cyan dabodedabodi
-Megaman
13-01-2017 08:03 AM
notencore Offline
Registered

Hey, people have wanted mobile Mega Man for ages. In the end, it's better than nothing.
13-01-2017 09:25 AM
Rhythm Online
Rhythm is Gonna Get Ya
Co-Admin

Booblight AwardAuto AwardRush AwardBeat AwardTempo AwardInafune AwardAce AwardC^2 Super Moderator AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorDeadchat AwardSaga AwardBnG Award
Sounds like some Comcept thinking right there.

The issue isn't that people have been "wanting it for ages" as there have been numerous ports to mobile going as far back as the turn of the century. The issue is this is a cheap money grab by Capcom to introduce a terrible, unpolished re-release of a port from a decade ago. Nothing would've been better than these. The franchise has become a joke to Capcom and a punchline outside of it. Considering the release of Legacy Collection last year, Virtual Console which has all 6 of the same games...what was the point?

[Image: 67617b7e1d6Ur.png]
13-01-2017 12:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Mega Fan 19XX Online
i'm mega bored
Registered

Another fuckup right here: (this time it's from the MM3 mobile port)

13-01-2017 02:45 PM
Garirry Online
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

So how much does each game cost? If it's anything more expensive than free then that's unacceptable. Though to be honest even if it's free it's still unacceptable.
13-01-2017 06:46 PM
ACESpark Offline
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.
Administrators

Tetris AwardSpike AwardRockman AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorSmash AwardAce Award
$1.99 each or $9.99 for the lot I think?

13-01-2017 06:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
notencore Offline
Registered

Yeah. The obvious money grab is obvious. It's a sad day when fans and independent developers are pushing out better content on smaller budgets. For once I'd like to see a project with as much heart as 20XX get the attention and budget of something like Mighty Number 9.

It's clear that Capcom has the assets to make a good Mega Man game, but they're unwilling to make the investment, and at this point I can't really blame them. Megaman as a franchise is on very shaky ground given their previous failings, and fans of the serious are going to be wary no matter what. While these absolutely poor quality ports, from Capcom's perspective they are cost negligible and will generate revenue from people who don't know better - while creating a "Megaman 11" generates cost and isn't guaranteed to generate revenue - look at their previous two or three attempts, Legends 3, Megaman Powered Up 2 (I forget the proper name), Rockman Online - Legends 3 and MMPU2 never reached release, and online was shut down very early. From Capcom's perspective, spending money to develop new games is a sink and not a revenue generating endeavor, while releasing poor ports is essentially costless and still generates revenue.

It's the unfortunate business side of game development that's really holding our favourite franchises back.
13-01-2017 06:48 PM