Mega Man Mobile Announced
Rhythm Offline
Rhythm is Gonna Get Ya
Co-Admin

Booblight AwardAuto AwardRush AwardBeat AwardTempo AwardInafune AwardAce AwardC^2 Super Moderator AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorDeadchat AwardSaga AwardBnG Award
Mega Man Mobile Announced

sighs

[Image: 67617b7e1d6Ur.png]
22-12-2016 02:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rokim21 Offline
Obscure games deserve respect!
Registered

RE: Mega Man Mobile Announced
Why is slow?Sonic 1 and 2 Mobile are faster!
22-12-2016 03:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Entity1037 Offline
That One Person Who Does Things
Registered

Yes, because a precise platformer with more than one action button on a touchscreen with no feedback or ability to roll your thumb between buttons just works out SO well...

Programming a thing, ba da baa, programming a thing, ba da baa...
22-12-2016 04:51 AM
Garirry Online
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

Honestly this looks really sub-par. The game looks like it's ridiculously slow (it's like it's slow to begin with AND dropping frames), and clearly they really didn't put much work into this. Mega Man doesn't flash while charging (instead having to resort on this STUPIDLY LAZY charge bar on the bottom-left) and there appears to be no screen transitions. Seriously, I can't comprehend why is this even made. If many members here are capable of making an engine that at least works fine, then you'd expect the genius programmers at Capcom to be able to do so too.
22-12-2016 05:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ACESpark Offline
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.
Administrators

Tetris AwardSpike AwardRockman AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorSmash AwardAce Award
*sighs*

Please hire from the Fandom already Capcom. It's working for Sega. Clearly your guys have no idea how to make a Mega Man engine.

And if this is just beta footage, you picked some awfully buggy footage to showcase.
22-12-2016 10:08 AM
DWN-060 Clownman Offline
Τὸ Μεγα Θηρίον
Super Moderators

I agree with Ace, the point of a beta is to entice people and that footage is not doing itself any favors.
22-12-2016 11:04 AM
Rhythm Offline
Rhythm is Gonna Get Ya
Co-Admin

Booblight AwardAuto AwardRush AwardBeat AwardTempo AwardInafune AwardAce AwardC^2 Super Moderator AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorDeadchat AwardSaga AwardBnG Award
So while no positive proof has surfaced completely yet. There's some more disturbing news about these """ports""" as they've become available.
  • The game itself lags all to hell and comes off as choppy. MegaBossMan has one of them and confirms that "There's an option to bring the speed up to the original NES games, but it's still pretty choppy."
  • Apparently the screensize of these "new" games are 240x240. The 2007 Mobile games that were released were also 240x240
  • DarkSamus has started to dip into the data and found....things
    [Image: KlrswLL.png][Image: qWKoAtJ.png]

I didn't want this. I so didn't want this. Most of you know my distaste for that sprite. I HATE Mobile Roll due to how clunky she looks next to Mega Man, let alone her size difference and other issues. But what the hell does this all mean?

It's highly possible that these new mobile games are nothing more than re-ports of the 2007 Japanese Mobile Games

I can't....

[Image: 67617b7e1d6Ur.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2017 04:14 PM by Rhythm.)
05-01-2017 04:09 PM
Gaia Offline
Offical Sprites INC Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Reggae AwardDeadchat AwardSIBRE Contributor
Here's something that pisses me off more than anything in the world: if what rhythm said is true... then what the hell capcom?

You could've EASILY done this, as you have the technical know-how and remade games before. It's not that hard.... seriously. Have you become such misers that you stopped caring about what put you one the map with innovative titles such as Resident Evil and Street Fighter being innovators of their respective genres, or Mega Man which inspired millions of platformers today? What... The... Hell...?

[Image: 345y4jt.jpg]

Quote:(20:08:09) Gaia: jace hey jace
(20:08:16) Gaia: children's card games is on
(20:09:27) Jace: ...
(20:09:35) Jace: How the HELL did you know I put that on my TV
(01:30:24) Rhythm_BCA: be yourself and don't pretend to be what you think they think you should be
05-01-2017 04:13 PM
ACESpark Offline
Administrators

Tetris AwardSpike AwardRockman AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorSmash AwardAce Award
REALLY.

Capcom.

WHAT.

05-01-2017 04:17 PM
DarkSamus993 Offline
Keeper of the Archives
SIBRE Alpha Testers

Rhythm Co-Admin Award
I think I got pretty much everything, which wasn't hard considering everything was already stored as PNG. Have fun (but you probably won't).

Mega Man 1-6 Mobile Graphics Dump:
http://download1189.mediafire.com/efce13...ump_v1.zip

PS: These were dumped from the Android ports. I haven't looked at the iOS ones yet to see if they have anything different asset wise.
05-01-2017 05:23 PM
Kallisto Offline
Postman
Registered

Not just Capcom, but Nintendo with their Mini-NES has a lot of emulation issues from what I understand at other forums.

These companies don't seem to know what they're doing, and hopefully SEGA will out do them.
05-01-2017 08:35 PM
Garirry Online
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

(05-01-2017 08:35 PM)Kallisto Wrote:  Not just Capcom, but Nintendo with their Mini-NES has a lot of emulation issues from what I understand at other forums.

As far as I've read, the Mini NES has been very good and has fairly good emulation. Capcom's port is just downright shit though. It's inexcusable.
05-01-2017 10:10 PM
Kallisto Offline
Postman
Registered

(05-01-2017 10:10 PM)Garirry Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 08:35 PM)Kallisto Wrote:  Not just Capcom, but Nintendo with their Mini-NES has a lot of emulation issues from what I understand at other forums.

As far as I've read, the Mini NES has been very good and has fairly good emulation. Capcom's port is just downright shit though. It's inexcusable.

There was a huge subject on this when they were talking about official NES emulation versus something that the community made, one of the issues from the Mini-NES was inaccurate sounds, and noticeable lag.

There were some other issues as well that kind of hurt the NES games abit too, I don't remember what exactly it was.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2017 03:02 AM by Kallisto.)
06-01-2017 03:01 AM
InfinitiZero Offline
JKN-Infiniti
Registered

...You fucked up again, Capcom.

YOU ALREADY RERELEASED 1-6 ON THE 3DS/PS4/X-BOX ONE!!!

I want an ACTUAL Mega Man game.

NOT ANOTHER FUCKING PORT!!!!!!!!!!!!
06-01-2017 03:59 AM
Bloo Offline
Professional Mediocre Spriter
Registered

I'm fairly upset over this.

If I was a vegetable I'd have ten potatoes.
06-01-2017 04:17 AM
ACESpark Offline
Administrators

Someone posted this on Discord.. thought I'd have to share it here too:
[Image: oJOFgGS.png]
Beta testing... what is that?
Bloody hell Capcom... wow.

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2017 12:14 PM by ACESpark.)
06-01-2017 12:14 PM
The Mega Fan 19XX Offline
AKA: Speed Wind
Registered

Let's also share the """"virtual pad configuration""" as well: (DISCLAIMER: hidden in spoiler tag because it's too big)

But serioulsly, this is WORSE than Sonic Genesis, at least that one was so buggy and broken that it was funny, MM Mobile, on the other hand, has no excuse.

CRapcom has hit a new low. I think the Video Game Industry shoud shut down at this point, because when ports like this happen it means that humanity ditched quality, logic, and thinking in exchange for money (the only thing that matters now in this planet).

As the AVGN says: "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!"

06-01-2017 01:02 PM
Smedis2 Offline
Are video games real?
Registered

Reggae AwardAuto Award
Man, you know how everyone wanted Legacy Collection to run on a whole new engine as opposed to just emulating the NES games?

Maybe we should be glad that didn't happen.

CHECK OUT STUFF I MAKE OVER AT
[Image: d03b37145145880c6532998fa3a49c20.png]
Here's my TWITTER
06-01-2017 02:04 PM
Gaia Offline
Offical Sprites INC Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Reggae AwardDeadchat AwardSIBRE Contributor
(06-01-2017 01:02 PM)The Mega Fan 19XX Wrote:  Let's also share the """"virtual pad configuration""" as well: (DISCLAIMER: hidden in spoiler tag because it's too big)

But serioulsly, this is WORSE than Sonic Genesis, at least that one was so buggy and broken that it was funny, MM Mobile, on the other hand, has no excuse.

CRapcom has hit a new low. I think the Video Game Industry shoud shut down at this point, because when ports like this happen it means that humanity ditched quality, logic, and thinking in exchange for money (the only thing that matters now in this planet).

As the AVGN says: "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!"

It's pretty pathetic that back in the 90s, the greedy were a subject of ridicule. Now they pretty much own everything. Remember Lickboot from the Tom and Jerry movie? Looks like he's in charge of capcom now.

And it's funny I was warning everyone that a second video game crash is coming at this rate, as the aftermentioned Sonic Genesis was a bad port, but it's still pretty playable (as I own a copy... for some reason) compared to this.

[Image: 345y4jt.jpg]

Quote:(20:08:09) Gaia: jace hey jace
(20:08:16) Gaia: children's card games is on
(20:09:27) Jace: ...
(20:09:35) Jace: How the HELL did you know I put that on my TV
(01:30:24) Rhythm_BCA: be yourself and don't pretend to be what you think they think you should be
06-01-2017 04:46 PM
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

Wedge AwardRockman Award
I'm glad that default Calibri (?) font is pasted everywhere over all the ports ;p
07-01-2017 03:02 AM